Be immersed in America’s most glamorous and fascinating castle, built by newspaper tycoon William Randolph Hearst and architect Julia Morgan. Although portrayed as a power hungry egoist in the movie Citizen Kane, Hearst was simply a builder with a dream. That dream lead to the construction of the legendary Hearst Castle, a place that has invoked the imaginations of everyone who has seen it.
— THE APP —
Experience Hearst Castle and the people who inspired and created it with exclusive and never before seen images, stories, audio recordings and video curated by Hearst Castle’s own historians.
• Learn about William Randolph Hearst, Marion Davies, and Julia Morgan
• Discover the Neptune Pool, private air strip, hidden dressing rooms, and much more
• Audio narration and text by Hearst Castle historian Victoria Kastner
• Images by Hearst Castle photographer Victoria Garagliano
• Featuring images by world-renowned photographer Trey Ratcliff
— MORE ABOUT HEARST CASTLE —
Hearst Castle is a 165-room estate that sits on 250,000 acres near the remote seaside hamlet of San Simeon, California. It was a private getaway for the elite in the 1920s through 1940s, luring Hollywood stars, powerful political leaders, and renown literary figures such as Jean Paul Getty, Bernard Shaw, Calvin Coolidge, Winston Churchill, Charlie Chaplin, Gary Cooper, Jimmy Stewart, Cary Grant, and Marion Davies. It also contains one of the largest and most unique private collections that exists today.
Questions, problems, or feedback? Consider emailing us rather than a low rating: firstname.lastname@example.org