Ability to prevent screen from turning off when charging.
Keep screen on at system's brightness or dimmed.
Turn off the screen based on close proximity.
Ability to keep screen on when selected app is running and user is looking at the screen (camera is used to determine the presence of the user). This feature requires Android of version 4.0+ and a front-facing camera.
There is an application widget for quick service turn on/off.
Then, reactivate it with the previously memorized delay.
Click on the widget to toggle between the two modes.
Changing of the screen off delay remains the same :
To get access to the preference screen, double tap on the application icon or the widget within 2 seconds.
For automation, pass "com.k2.set/on" or "com.k2.set/off" in data field (-d parameters for am command for ex.) to change the state.
Access required :
MODIFY SYSTEM SETTINGS
To change the screen timeout (goal of the application !)
This application doesn't require Internet or Telephony access, so keep cool !
Most options are FREE and donator options are cheaper than simillar app on the store!
Download our new app Auto Exec! Easy Tasker! Stay Alive! donators get 10% rebate on Auto Exec! Easy Tasker.
Keep your screen on when your device is running your GPS application, favorite remote control, playing a movie or slideshow, etc... Perfect to keep your screen on without dimming for application development. Your screen will never go back to sleep until you want it to...
Choose when you want your device to Stay Alive!:
• NEW: Full Android 5 (lollipop) support
• On except if one of the applications you selected is in foreground
• Only when you have power
• Even if you are running on batteries
• When one of the applications you selected is in foreground
• Can be automatically disabled when you connect to your car or desktop docking station
• Prevent or allow Stay Alive! to dim your screen when active
• Protect your battery with minimum battery level auto pause option
• Easily pause Stay Alive! when not needed from the notification zone. No need for a widget!
• NO annoying ADS!
• HOLO light and dark themes!
• NEW: Black screen floating clock
• Display a black screen to prevent screen lock and save battery on AMOLED screens. Just touch the screen to wake up.
• Auto start on boot
• Hide top bar icon (Android 4.1+)
• Automatically keep screen on when plugged even if configured to stay on for specific apps when unplugged
• Keep screen on even when locked
• Automatically pause SA! with proximity sensor
• Change config colors!
Easy power operation mode changes with the notification icons! It will show you which power mode you are using and allow you to quickly change between modes. You can also quickly activate the Stay Alive for specific application mode!
Stay Alive! will automatically disable itself then you manually turn off your device. It won't keep your screen on if your device wakes up when it receives a notification.
Stay Alive! will not change your display timeout value or brightness settings. It will prevent your device from going to sleep based on your needs.
We made this application Ad Free. Please, support this initiative by donating using the menu option in the application.
Please use our email address for support or feature requests, as comments on Play Store don't allow me to gather enough information or contact you.
Support Forum: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=46379475
Google+ Community: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/103504696247906095281
GET_TASKS - Needed to list applications you want to keep alive.
READ_PHONE_STATE - Needed to disable Stay Alive! if the device is off.
WAKE_LOCK - Needed to keep the device Alive!
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - Needed to write the user configuration.
READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - Needed to read the user configuration.
BILLING - Needed for the donation option!
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - Needed to auto start Stay Alive! on boot
Tags: Screen Alive, Screen Awake, Galaxy Dim, Brightness, Timeout
Screen Timeout Toggle is a useful app for keeping screen backlight on even if you didn't interact with the device for a longer period. When the app is started the system is prevented from switching off the screen after the display timeout. Additionaly a notification appears in the status bar to indicate the current status of the app and to give a possibility to simply reactivate the display timeout. An additional app starter is implemented to disable this notification if you don't want it.
For easy access there is a widget, that shows the actual status and toggles it by simply one click.
Also a good solution for the Samsung Galaxy S3 which doesn't give a possibility for keeping the screen on if the device is inactive for a longer period.
If you find problems please email me. I will then improve the app, that will help you and me a lot more than negative comments!
Note: The new app doesn't change the value of Screen-Timeout in your system settings anymore!
With the big widget you can set the timeout to a custom value easy and quick.
You can easily switch the timeout for the screen between 'no timeout' and the previous set value by the small Widget.
If you want to, a notification is shown whether the timeout is disabled or not.
The timeout can be set to any value between 0 and 99m55s with a granularity of 5 seconds. Also, an infinite time can be set (INF).
The user can define four custom timeout presets in order to change the screen timeout with just one touch.
Any Screen Timeout is a very small app and it does not run as a service. It merely changes the desired settings of your device and terminates transparently.
- A slider for Screen Brightness control
- A switch that controls the Screen Brightness Auto Mode
- Info line that shows the current time with seconds, available memory for application and battery charge level + battery temperature.
Any Screen Timeout is user friendly and it does not require any other permissions than the permission to modify the system settings.
This app is also available in a Plus-version (Any Screen Timeout Plus) with the following differences:
- Range from 0 to 999m55s (instead of 0 - 99m55s)
- Auto repeat function for all +/- buttons
- Landscape support
- Stay on while plugged in (Only devices with Android 4.1.1 or lower)
- No ads
click to activate. click again to de-activate.
notification while app is running.click on notification to de-activate.
remembers the original display timeout settings and restores it back when de-activated
Useful while reading/driving
KeepScreen block screen timeout when predefined applications are active.
Save your battery with short timeout but have great user experience with preselected "no timeout" apps. Usefull for reading mail, browsing, or guide with Google maps.
update : luminosity prefs
This app has 3 modes to keep the screen on:
1. Use System Setting – Restore to your device's system setting screen timeout value.
2. Until I turn off – Keep the screen on until you turn off the phone or put the phone on sleep.
3. Keep on for the desired period of time.
This app also has the following features:
- Run as a Service for quick and easy access from any other apps.
- Display a notification icon on top to indicate how long the screen has been on (Until I turn off mode) or how long the screen will be on (Keep on for next … mode).
- An option to keep the screen on but also dim the screen.
- This is an Ad-supported app.
To stop running as a service – 1) Select "Use System Settings", 2) Uncheck the "Run as a Service for quick access", and 3) Click on OK.
This app uses the following permissions:
- System Wake Lock: To prevent the screen from turning off.
- Internet access – To support ads.
1) Keep the current brightness (Don't dim)
2) Allow to Dim
Allows the screen to dim but will not allow it to lock.
3) Increase brightness to MAX
4) Decrease brightness to MIN
5) Set the custom brightness
These useful options can be used to dim the screen or keep screen with your desired screen brightness. Allowing it to dim would enable you to reduce the screen backlight but restore to full with a simple touch.
Supports Landscape mode and Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
1. Stop from Notification bar:
You can stop by clicking the "Stop" button in the notification, no more opening the app.
2. Always show Notification:
This option will always show the notification and allows you to START and STOP without opening the app. It currently picks up the last used option or the first option.
3. Start on Boot:
Selecting this option will automatically launch this app and apply the affect without even starting the app.
4. Start on USB:
This option will auto launch the selected option and disable immediately after disconnecting the device from USB. This is very helpful, especially for the developers.
Thank you for your valuable suggestions.Keep on your screen
As usual, NO ADS!!!
• Set individual rules for Apps (e.g. screen always on, app specific timeout ...) similiar to "Screen On" and "KeepScreen"
• Set a position in that the screen will always stay on (via Accelerometer)
• If its dark screen goes out (e.g. if you put your phone into your pocket) (via light sensor)
• Wake up device (the screen automatically turns on when you put your device out of your pocket)
• Screen lock widget (click on it and your screen gets locked) like "screen Off and Lock"
• Set an app specific display brightness
• No Ads!
• Set an individual global screen timout time (e.g. 42 seconds)
• Dock functions: choose if the screen should stay on when you are using a dock (e.g. desk dock)
• Display filter: saves battery life for AMOLED displays and great for eBook reading
• Info HUD: shows always the state of the accelerometer, CPU, light sensor and active app rules
• Backup/Restore your settings
• Set app specific brightness of the display
• Light Sensor
• Extended Notifications and display filter
• Widget designs
• Wake up device
• and much more...
So please support us and the further development of this app by buying the pro version (In-App purchase), Thanks!
• WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Is used for the backup functionality.
It's easy to handle the screen timeout via app specific rules, the accelerometer position, the light sensor or individual dock settings. You will be always informed about the screen timeout via the system HUD. Lock your screen easily with the screen lock widget.
"... making the app the only place you need to go for adjusting screen timeout." - addictivetips.com
"Manage your screen light, smartly" - androidzoom.com
We greatly appreciate bug reports, feature requests, suggestions, and questions.
This small utility offers graphical user interface to set "wake lock" from application or widget. It shows tray notification while the wake lock is active.
Uses only http://developer.android.com/reference/android/os/PowerManager.html API.
Not enough options for setting screen off timeout values? With SOFFT you can set any value starting from 1 minute to 9999 minutes.
Yes, nine thousand nine hundred ninety nine options!
Add "Never timeout" option and that will round up to whole 10 000 options!
With "Stay on" while charging option ten thousand+1 options.
Screen Notifications is open source (https://github.com/lkorth/screen-notifications). If you have ideas or feature requests feel free to submit an issue or pull request.
If you would like to translate this app, please take a look here:
If you have enabled Screen Notifications as a Device Admin so the screen will turn off after a notification, in order to uninstall Screen Notifications you will need to first open the app and uncheck the Device Admin option. Once this is done you will be able to uninstall it.
HTC One Users
There is a bug in the HTC lockscreen that will cause the shortcuts to break and the lockscreen to be dismissed without unlocking. The affects all apps that use the accessibility service (Lightflow, Pebble, etc)
If your phone is speaking, try disabling Samsung TTS and Google TTS in your devices menu or check for an update to your device. This is a known Samsung bug they have started to fix
Once installed, press and hold the search button on your android phone and a dialog will appear. Then select screen on toggler to toggle between always ON and your original screen timeout setting. You may also set it as the default action when you long press your search button, but it is recommended NOT to set as the default action, so that you may use it in conjunction with other search button replacement tools such as Wifi Toggler (also by me). You may clear the default setting for Screen On Toggler by going to the Manage Applications area, select screen on toggler and scroll down and click on the "Clear Defaults" button. This should restore the selection dialog when you long press the search button.
To restore the timeout setting to your original setting, you may either touch on the screen on toggler icon on your android's notification bar OR you can long press your search button and select the screen on toggler again, to toggle it. It's that simple.
Thanks to all who have given their feedback and bug reports so far, I hope the latest release (v1.43) would have fixed all the issues that you guys out there are facing. If you still encounter issues, do let me know and I'll try my best to solve it ASAP. Cheers.
Notice: If you have other similar apps or widgets that performs similar functions (that allows you to change the screen timeout, please temporarily remove them / disable them if you encounter any issues with Screen On Toggler).
- Ability to toggle screen timeout easily by long pressing of search button, through the notification bar or through the main application itself
- Option to hide or show notification icon
- Ability to set custom screen timeout setting from app
- Start on bootup feature
- Option to only show notification icon when screen timeout is disabled
- Compatible with Android 3.x HoneyComb and ICS
If you find any bugs or have any suggestions, please email instead of commenting, I don't usually monitor the chatter in the comments. Thanks!
Keywords: screen,on,toggler,toggle,toggle screen,leave screen on,timeout,no timeout,screen timeout,toggling,set timeout,change timeout
By other words, this app works like a Samsung Galaxy S3 Smart Stay feature but can detects eyes too.
* Compatibility mode: can run on almost all android devices
* Run in background
* Face detection
* Eyes detection
* Do not runs when screen goes off
* Application binding: you can choose behaviour for individual application
* When service or preview window is active, you can see a single dot (which can have different color and brightness) at the top right corner of the desktop, just behind the time. It is normal. It is a one and only possible one way to grab content from the camera of some android devices (like HTC One, Galaxy Nexus etc).
* If your front camera have low resolution or small viewing angle, try to use eyes detection instead of face detection.
* This application uses your phone's camera only during the face scanning. By default, it is 3 frame every 5 seconds. Between these intervals, you can run any other application which can lock and use the camera. Use application binding and App Launch Widget to run selected camera-dependent app.
Simply open the Mini Dialer app or say 'Open Mini Dialer' on the watch to get started.
* Make outbound calls from your watch
* End phone calls from your Android Wear watch
* Standard dialer interface with number pad input
* Setting to enable auto speakerphone
* Supports the LG G Watch, Samsung Gear Live, Moto 360, and other Android Wear watch devices
* Clean and modern user interface
If you have any questions please contact:
androidtouchdev [at] gmail.com
City State Caller ID will work on any Android phone to display the incoming phone number location. There are no monthly fees at all and a data connection is not required!
If you have any questions or issues please email: androidtouchdev [at] gmail.com
This app speaks the name(if in contacts) or the phone number of incoming calls and SMS / text messages via Android's built-in Text to Speech (TTS) capabilities. If you have any difficulties please verify via the Android settings that your TTS is functional.
If you have any questions or suggestions please contact:
androidtouchdev [at] gmail.com
* View live ODB-II sensor data in real-time.
* Read trouble codes and pending trouble codes.
* Clear / reset trouble fault codes to turn off your check engine light(MIL,CEL,DTC).
* Custom page where you can display only the sensors / data you want to monitor.
* Clean and fast interface that allows swiping left and right to view additional data.
* UI scales and supports all orientations on any Android phone or Android tablet.
* Supports the following OBD2 protocols: CAN(ISO 15765-4), VPW(SAE J1850), PWM(SAE J1850), ISO-9141-2, KWP(ISO 14230-4)
Some of the data it can display includes(vehicle dependant):
Oxygen Sensor(O2S) Voltage
Short Term Fuel Trim
Long Term Fuel Trim
Fuel System Status(Open or Closed Loop)
Intake Air Temperature
Engine Timing Advance
Engine Oil Temperature
Additional features and modes will be added in future updates.
Please note: "Gauges OBD-II" requires a Bluetooth ELM327 compatible OBD-II adapter that you connect to your vehicles OBD-II diagnostic port to function.
This application is actively being developed and improved so if you have any issues or feature suggestions please email:
androidtouchdev [at] gmail.com
This app will speak the name(if a known contact) or the phone number of incoming calls and text messages via Android's built-in Text to Speech (TTS) capabilities.
* enable/disable speaking for calls
* enable/disable speaking for texts
* custom phrases to speak before and after the name or number
* set the rate and pitch of the voice
* option to mute ring tone
* option to speak for unknown and/or known contacts
* option to repeat until answered
If you have any difficulties please verify via the Android settings for Text to Speech(Settings->Language & input->Text-to-speech output) that your TTS is functional.
Any questions or suggestions?
androidtouchdev [at] gmail.com