This app is not for dummies. If you don't understand the meaning of the hidden folder, you should not install it. (Some people believe that hidden folders become visible when they uninstall this app. Oh my gosh!)
Hide It is an application which enables you to change ordinary folders to hidden folders (folders that begin with a dot), and vice versa. To hide or unhide a folder, long press the folder icon.
This application can also be used as a file explorer. Tap (single or double tap) the file icon to launch a viewer, long press to open the file information dialog.
1) Interpretation of hidden folder depends on each application.
2) In order for the Gallery to reflect the changes, you may have to shutdown and restart the Gallery.
3) You should not change folders that were not created by you explicitly. (Do not change auto-generated folders such as DCIM and DCIM/Camera.)
[Free, no ads, no need for a donation]
Google user wrote:
If I have a file full of mp3's and I "hide" those mp3's with this app, why are the mp3's still perfectly visible?
You don't understand the meaning of the hidden folder. Read the description before you download.
mrmarc (Italy) wrote:
It rename the file name in ".file name". So you can open it.
It's incorrect. This app dose NOT rename filenames. Do you understand the meaning of the hidden folder?
Do you understand English? Read Google's Comment Posting Policy before you post a comment on an app.
Jose Manuel wrote (Spanish):
No la instaléis No existe un menú donde poder modificar o poner contraseñas. Carpeta protegida, carpeta pérdida. Muy mal.
You installed the wrong app. Read the description before you download.
Latest version 1.1.4
Cd restriction removed. You should be able to browse all folders (if permitted) under root (/). (USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.)
A file icon for Word/Excel/pdf files added.
File information dialog added.
Flick the UFO appeared on a moon and watch it moving under the influence of the gravity of the two artificial planets.
This app simulates Newtonian mechanics. Depending on the initial velocity (given by the flick action), it will keep moving for a long time (or forever) before it gets out of the orbit.
How many steady orbits can you imagine?
You may find a new orbit!
Latest version 1.1.5
Annular solar eclipse added to background images. Background sound changed.
Gallery Organizer is an application which enables you to organize photos and videos displayed by the Gallery with folders. No need to connect PC, you can manage your media files with simple operations: single tap for quick preview (play in the same Activity), double tap for select/unselect, and long press for rename.
Creating a new folder and copy/cut/paste of the selected files/folders are also easy. You don't have to operate in a deep level menu, just tap the toolbar buttons.
1) Gallery Organizer is not a viewer app, it is an organizer which is used to organize your media files with folders. (The folders will show up as albums in the Gallery.)
2) It may take a while to update the data that the Gallery uses (depending on how many media files/folders you change).
3) You should not change the names of auto-generated folders (e.g. DCIM, DCIM/Camera).
Latest version 1.2.6
Gallery update button added to the toolbar.
Sort button added to the toolbar.