Guitar Engineer is a guitar riffs and solos auto-composition app. It helps composing guitar riffs and solos and accompanying harmony. No matter if you are a professional musician or just music enthusiast it will help you think out of the box and unlock your creativity.
You can switch in SETTINGS - SOUNDS between three guitar sounds:
Try full version of Guitar Engineer - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyokovsolutions.guitarengineer
with many additional features:
- save melody and harmony as midi and text file
- change number of notes up to 64
- open saved melody
- many more scales
- customizable guitar tuning
- change number of frets on fretboard
- natural harmonics and slide articulation
- EXPERT auto composer
- harmonize melody - auto compose new harmony over existing melody
- AUTO MODE - when this mode is active then composed melody is repeatedly played and auto composed every 2 cycles and the good melodies can be saved while listening
- transpose melody up and down
There are two methods for composition:
- manual - you select notes and chords
- automatic - using the AUTO COMPOSER that chooses "right" notes and chords for you.
The COMPOSE ALL app feature creates a new melody and accompanying harmony from scratch. You can use this feature as fresh ideas generator and then tweak the melody.
The notes and chords are changed using the drop down menus for each note. You can choose to listen for both melody and harmony or only one of them using check boxes in app control menu.
If you want to auto compose some notes of melody just check them and press Compose Notes button. Then the notes will be composed for you.
How can you use it:
At app start wait for all sounds to load. It takes about 15 seconds.
1. Select riff or solo mode, tempo, note scale and note length.
2. Create melody rhythm by checking the checkboxes below the notes. Play rhythm and tweak it if needed.
3. Press COMPOSE NOTES button to generate the notes for selected rhythm.
4. Listen to melody repeatedly and tweak the notes manually or with the help of auto composer by leaving the notes targeted for change checked.
5. You can select note articulation (muted/accented) using drop down menu on the bottom of each note.
You can select:
- note length - 1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32
- tempo (beats per minute)
- scale (major, minor etc..)
You can play melody, harmony or rhythm by checking corresponding check boxes.
The individual notes are chosen using drop down menu.
AUTO COMPOSER select notes for these positions where the checkboxes are checked.
The app manual - https://gyokovsolutions.com/manual-guitar-engineer
Here are some videos that explain user interface. The videos are from Melody Engineer app, but the user interface is similar:
- Play controls - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94EJzS3xmkM
- Edit controls - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BypNdXy3Jso
- auto composing melody and harmony - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFki1tDvtvo