Song Engineer is an app for songs auto-composition. Just press COMPOSE and you have a new unique song. Song composition is done by an algorithm that creates and matches harmony and melodies of different instruments - lead(vocal), bass, piano and guitar. You can listen to songs and save them as midi file. The app can provide you with song ideas that you can further develop and enhance. Saved midi file can be used for production with DAW software.
Hear some sample songs - http://www.gyokovsolutions.com/SongEngineer.html
Listen to albums with demo songs
Song Engineer - https://youtu.be/oWYQPvaaAYI
Seven modes - https://youtu.be/48vKyRcxWBU
Song production instructional video - https://youtu.be/xlxs6UzRPMI
This is the full version of Song Engineer Lite - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyokovsolutions.songengineerlite
Full version app features:
- edit instrument notes and drums
- select song tonality
- use different song sections (INTRO, VERSE, PRE-CHORUS, CHORUS, BRIDGE, OUTRO and 4 additional sections)
- change song section length
- rearrange song sections
- change song elements root and scale type (major, minor, pentatonic, blues, chromatic etc...)
- recompose section
- recompose instrument in section
- change instruments used in midi
- save song as midi and xml file
- open saved song from xml file
- control composing parameters(melody phrasing, harmony rhythm, song sections preferred note lengths)
- swing mode
How to use:
1. Select song tonality using TONALITY drop down menu.
2. Optionally you can change song structure using the three dots button on the left side of every song element. You can change element types, add new elements or rearrange them.
3. You can change the elements (VERSE, CHORUS etc...) scale root and type(major, minor, pentatonic etc...) that will be used for composing, change the element length (in bars). Only the first occurrence of every element has the controls unlocked. When you change some property then all elements of the same type (VERSE,CHORUS etc...) will change their values accordingly.
4. Press COMPOSE
5. The song is composed. Five instruments are used - lead(vocal), guitar, bass, harmony(piano) and drums.
6. Press PLAY to listen to the song. You can change song tempo. Also you can hear every element and recompose it using the three dots button on the left side of each element.
7. You can edit instrument notes and drums by selecting Element Menu - Edit element.
8. Press SAVE to save the song in midi format. Song is saved in [sdcard]/SongEngineer folder. In settings you can change instruments type used in midi file. Song is also saved as xml file. The midi file can be used for song enhancement and production using any DAW software.
- Instrument ranges - set lowest and highest note for instrument.
- Song sections preferred note type.
- Melody phrasing - control how the phrases are created for lead instrument
- LEAD phrase start placement - phrases that do not start on the first beat of the bar
- LEAD phrase end placement - select if phrase ends on strong cadential point
- LEAD pickup notes - select to use pickup notes in lead
- Chord changes rate - bigger number - more chord changes
- Harmony rhythm rate - control the pace of harmony accompaniment
Check also the other music composition related apps:
Melody Engineer - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyokovsolutions.melodyengineerlite
Lyrics Engineer - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyokovsolutions.lyricsengineerlite
Rhythm Engineer - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyokovsolutions.rhythmengineerlite
DrumsEngineer - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyokovsolutions.drumsengineerlite
MultitrackEngineer - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyokovsolutions.multitrackengineerlite
Bass Engineer - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyokovsolutions.bassengineerlite