Song Engineer is an app for songs auto-composition. Just press COMPOSE and you have a new unique song. Song composition is done by an algorithm that creates and matches harmony and melodies of different instruments - lead(vocal), bass, piano, guitar. You can listen to songs, recompose song sections and save them as midi file. The app can provide you with song ideas that you can further develop and enhance. Saved midi file can be used for production with DAW software.
Hear some sample songs here - http://www.gyokovsolutions.com/SongEngineer.html
How to use:
1. Press COMPOSE
2. The song is composed. Four instruments are used - lead(vocal), bass, harmony(piano) and drums.
3. Press PLAY to listen to the song. You can change song tempo. If you just started the app wait for all sounds to load. It takes about 15 seconds. You can change sounds for LEAD, BASS and HARMONY instruments in SETTINGS.
4. Using the three dots button for each element (VERSE,CHORUS,BRIDGE) you can hear the specific element and recompose it. Also you can skip playing sections by choosing [Play song from here] from popup menu.
5. Press SAVE to save the song in midi format. Song is saved in [sdcard]/SongEngineer folder. The midi file can be used for song enhancement and production using any DAW software.
The song structure in lite app version is - VERSE - CHORUS - VERSE - CHORUS - BRIDGE - CHORUS - OUTRO. Every time you compose a song the song tonality is changed. In lite app version you can not change the song sections tonality and scale choice.
Check full version of the app for more features and controls - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyokovsolutions.songengineer
With full version you have possibility to:
- use different song elements (INTRO, VERSE, PRE-CHORUS, CHORUS, BRIDGE, OUTRO and also 4 additional sections that you can use)
- change song element length
- rearrange song sections
- change song elements root and scale type (major, minor, pentatonic, blues, chromatic etc...)
- recompose individual song section
- recompose individual instrument in song section
- change instruments used in midi file
- save song in midi and xml file
- open saved song
- import song from xml file
- use GUITAR instrument for guitar solos in BRIDGE and guitar rhythm in other sections
- option to control composing parameters(melody phrasing, harmony rhythm,song sections preferred note lengths)
Check also the other music composition related apps:
Melody Engineer - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyokovsolutions.melodyengineerlite
Lyrics Engineer - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyokovsolutions.lyricsengineerlite
Rhythm Engineer - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyokovsolutions.rhythmengineerlite
DrumsEngineer - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyokovsolutions.drumsengineerlite
MultitrackEngineer - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyokovsolutions.multitrackengineerlite
Bass Engineer - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyokovsolutions.bassengineerlite