Song Engineer is an app for songs auto-composition. Just press COMPOSE and you have a new unique song. Song composition is done by an algorithm that creates and matches harmony and melodies of different instruments - lead(vocal), bass, piano and guitar. You can listen to songs and save them as midi file. The app can provide you with song ideas that you can further develop and enhance. Saved midi file can be used for production with DAW software.
Hear some sample songs - http://www.gyokovsolutions.com/SongEngineer.html
Listen to albums with demo songs
Song Engineer - https://youtu.be/oWYQPvaaAYI
Seven modes - https://youtu.be/48vKyRcxWBU
Song production instructional video - https://youtu.be/xlxs6UzRPMI
Check full version of the app for more features and controls - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyokovsolutions.songengineer
Full version app features:
- edit instrument notes and drums
- select song tonality
- use different song sections (INTRO, VERSE, PRE-CHORUS, CHORUS, BRIDGE, OUTRO and 4 additional sections)
- change song section length
- rearrange song sections
- change song elements root and scale type (major, minor, pentatonic, blues, chromatic etc...)
- recompose individual song section
- recompose individual instrument in section
- change instruments used in midi file
- save song as midi and xml file
- open saved song from xml file
- control composing parameters(melody phrasing, harmony rhythm, song sections preferred note lengths)
- swing mode
- lyrics writing - the app selects suitable words in order to match the melody accent to lyrics accent to achieve prosody and lyrics to fit comfortably the melody.
How to use:
1. Select song tonality using TONALITY drop down menu. New song in chosen tonality is created.
2. You can change the elements (VERSE, CHORUS etc...) scale root and type(major, minor, pentatonic etc...) that will be used for composing, change the element length (in bars). Only the first occurrence of every element has the controls unlocked. When you change some property then all elements of the same type (VERSE,CHORUS etc...) will change their values accordingly.
3. Press COMPOSE
4. The song is composed. Five instruments are used - lead(vocal), guitar, bass, harmony(piano) and drums.
5. Press PLAY to listen to the song. You can change song tempo. Also you can hear every element and recompose it using the three dots button on the left side of each element.
6. You can edit instrument notes and drums by selecting Element Menu - Edit element.
7. Press SAVE to save the song in midi format. Song is saved in [sdcard]/SongEngineer folder. In settings you can change default instruments type used in midi file. The midi file can be used for song enhancement and production using any DAW software.
Check also the other music composition related apps:
Melody Engineer - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyokovsolutions.melodyengineerlite
Lyrics Engineer - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyokovsolutions.lyricsengineerlite
Rhythm Engineer - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyokovsolutions.rhythmengineerlite
DrumsEngineer - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyokovsolutions.drumsengineerlite
MultitrackEngineer - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyokovsolutions.multitrackengineerlite
Bass Engineer - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyokovsolutions.bassengineerlite