TABLET and phone optimized, and with WIDGET. And Moderator features!
Cross-device HISTORY SYNC via synccit.com!
Set it up in Menu->Settings->Synccit
Icon by choofins. Alien menu icon by Matt K.
* INTERNET - The Internet
* BOOT - to restore mail notifications on device boot
* EXTERNAL STORAGE - thumbnail caching
* ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - detect connection speed
* GET_ACCOUNTS - associate Google account with custom themes
* VIBRATE - required for mail notifications on some devices
* NFC - share current page via NFC
reddit and the reddit alien logo, trademark and trade dress are registered trademarks owned by reddit, Inc., and are used under license.
Download now to:
- Read all the latest Wired.co.uk news and reviews
- Listen to the Wired.co.uk Podcast on-demand
- Read the latest comments from the team on Twitter
1.Easy way to read techmeme links
2.Links can be shared via Facebook,Twitter,
3.Less time to load the content
It's based upon TextOnly Browser for Android.
TextOnly Browser - http://market.android.com/details?id=com.spacenext.textonly
Browser version - http://www.textonly.in
Contact me @Ramanean on Twitter or email@example.com
KEEP LIFE INTERESTING STAY WIRED!!!
* Newspaper list can be updated online
* Sort by "A-Z", "User" and "Frequently Read"
* Personalize the order of the newspapers by using up and down arrow or drag and drop.
* Show mobile or desktop version of the newspaper
* Add/Delete newspaper, magazine
* Adjustable font size
* Share the news
* Automatic cache delete
* Open with standard internet browser
* How do I delete newspaper?
Touch the star icon(favorites) on the top. Then touch the trash icon on the right side of the newspaper that you want to delete.
* How do I unfavorite newspaper?
Touch the star icon(favorites) on the top. Then uncheck the newspaper that you do not want to see on the main page.
* Subscription only. You can see headlines of articles but can't read without subscribing.
- Some newspapers want subscription. We can do nothing for it but you can uncheck or delete the newspaper if you do not want to see on the list.
* Any problem...
- Please contact us before any problem.
Con il contributo di grandi firme italiane e straniere e una grafica di eccellenza riconosciuta da vari premi di art direction a livello internazionale, Wired è tra le poche testate capaci di parlare sia a un pubblico di trend setter cosmopoliti sia ai giovani in cerca di novità geek, rimanendo sempre al centro della conversazione.
Le sezioni di Wired prevedono: Start, la porta d'ingresso ai contenuti attraverso minifeatures dedicate a scienza, tecnologia, ricerca e scenari dell'innovazione e della cultura digitale; Play, ovvero le notizie sull'entertainment e la cultura: giochi, suoni, forme e visioni; Storie, la parte centrale del giornale dedicata agli articoli di approfondimento e ai reportage; Wired Life, una sezione che si concentra sulla sostenibilità e sugli stile di vita smart, sottotitolo “Come vivere oggi (pensando a domani)”; Wired Money, che si occupa di denaro, finanza e business innovativi; Test, la parte del giornale che raccoglie il meglio dell'high tech sotto la lente del Wired Lab.
Tech Junkie brings you the latest and the most relevant technology news, hand picked and curated by Techmeme.com, the world's most popular technology news aggregation service. For thousands of people, including industry leading CEOs and the who's who of silicon valley, the day starts with Techmeme.com. And now Tech Junkie makes sure your favorite tech site is available in its truest form on your phones and tablets, with added features such as notification, news widget and more.
Even if you don't have time to go through the news, Tech Junkie has a radio function that will read out the news for you.
Version 2 Features:
★ Radio - reads out the news for you and can be accessed outside the app too with the new radio widget
★ Rich Notifications - Android 4.1+ devices will display multi-line notification with photo from the story
★ Dynamic Site Icons - if the icon (or logo) of a site is not available within the app, Tech Junkie will attempt to download and cache it directly from the source site
★ Swipe to close article (beta) - now you can close the mobile view by swiping horizontally, from left to right or right to left; ideal for one-handed use, instead of stretching for the back button.
★ Scalable design - for both phones and tablets (for 7" like the Nexus 7 in particular)
★ Top News section - that shows only the most relevant news
★ River section - featuring all news stories
★ History tab - that provides a searchable list of your reading history
★ Events tab - that has a table of major technology events that are happening around the world
★ Mobile View - that loads articles faster, in a mobile friendly way and within the app
★ Color change - for news titles to indicate a story that has been read (similar to link color in web browsers)
★ Notifications - for top news only
★ Widget - that displays all stories from River section
★ Control the notification, set the refresh rate, ringtone, vibration, LED light and more
What differentiates Tech Junkie from other tech news apps is that you only have to read the news once, instead of going through it again and again from different sites. For example if the same news appears at Engadget, Gizmodo, TechCrunch and The Verge, Tech Junkie displays prominently only the first site that was to report that news, groups the rest of the sites into a collection and hides it from the main view. Alternate sources and relevant tweets of the same news can be accessed by clicking the "More" and "Tweets" button respectively. And when one or more news items are related, they are properly grouped like on the Techmeme website. Author names (when available) are also properly mentioned just above the story title (like Ian Sherr / Wall Street Journal, John Roberts / New York Times, John Paczkowski / AllThingsD), so that you can easily identify your favorite author's works.
Download Tech Junkie today and have your daily dose of relevant technology news, without reading the same story....twice.
New Permissions Explained:-
READ PHONE STATE permission is used to stop the radio when you receive an incoming call. Otherwise the radio will continue playing and you won't be able to hear your caller.
MODIFY OR DELETE THE CONTENTS OF YOUR SD CARD permission is used to cache the site icons downloaded.
Tech Junkie is in no way affiliated with Techmeme.com. We love Techmeme and wanted to provide the best user experience for the site, on phones and tablets. We do believe nothing can match the convenience of visiting Techmeme.com directly when using a PC and would recommend you to do so. But when you are on the go, Tech Junkie will come in handy. All icon copyrights belong to the respective sites.
Features the tech News from your favorite websites all in ONE app from the likes of Mashable, Digg, Techcrunch, Wired, Slashdot,
PC World, Engadget, Geek, Gizmodo, Information Week, Lifehacker, Techmeme, Tom's Hardware, MobileCrunch and more
[Download the Tech news App now! While its still free]
✪ Set Favourites. This feature allows you to organize
your tech news listings by favourites.
✪ Add tech site to the app
✪ Delete website from your list
✪ Adjustable font size
✪ Autofavorites: News read more often will go up on your
✪ Open with standard internet browser
✪ Sort by "A-Z" and "Frequently Read"
✪ One Finger access to the following sites:
★ Arts Technica
★ Computer World
★ Information Week
★ Maximum PC
★ PC Magazine
★ PC World
★ TUAW-Apple Weblog
★ The Register
★ Tom's Hardware
[Download the Tech news App now! While its still free]
• Recent tech news stories and video
• Discuss stories with in-app commenting
• Star stories to read/view later
• Share news articles to your social networks
• Internal search
• View original/full article on the website
• Update auto-refresh interval settings (default is eight hours)
• Notification, auto update, and data usage settings
• Light and dark themes
• BuzzFeed FWD
• Chicago Tribune
• Digital Trends
• Fast Company
• Huffington Post
• MIT Technology Review
• NYT Tech
• The Verge
• Washington Post
• Yahoo Tech
- See a chronological list of items that made it to the front page (a la hckrnews.com)
- See the top posts of the past day, week, month, year, and all time
- Color-coded comments thread so you don't lose your place
- Collapse comments to save screen space
- Search posts and sort by points, relevance, number of comments, date
- Display points for comments
- View articles within the app reformatted for optimal mobile reading experience
- Easily see which posts you've already read
- UI optimized for both phones and tablets
Check it out on GitHub: https://github.com/zacharydenton/hackernews
* browse posts/comments from front page, news and ask HN.
* share links via email, twitter, etc ...
* mark some posts to be read later with ReadItLater, Instapper, etc ..
* bookmark some posts to read them later
- Search capability
- Tablet support
- Folding comment threads
- Share articles and comments easily
- Submit new stories
- High contrast for ease of reading
- Light and dark themes
- Control text size
Best of all; it's open source! We welcome pull requests. Check it out at https://github.com/bishopmatthew/HackerNews
Submit issues through GitHub, and we'll respond with timeframes for features and fixes.
If you like the app, please consider Matthew Bishop if you're looking for an Android developer (for freelance or hire)! Please direct all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post comments
• View Hacker News stories and comments, beautifully laid out
• Also view articles in ViewText, Google, or your system browser (you can set each as default)
• Upvote stories (long-press on story) and comments (long-press on comment).
• Collapse and expand comments by tapping on them
• Choose from 3 text sizes
• Switch between stories and comments with one tap
• View "more" stories than only the HN frontpage
• Share the article's URL to your installed apps (Instapaper, Pocket, Twitter,...)
• See which articles you have already visited
Please report any issues to me via Twitter (@manuelmaly) or via mail (link is below).
Get the source code here: https://github.com/manmal/hn-android/
Filter stories by
• Ask HN
• Show HN
• Today's best stories
• Yesterday's best stories
• Week's best stories
• Standard YC color theme
• Dark theme
• Share stories and comments
• Articles are presented in a readable mode using readability.
• Options to open other links in built in or external browser
• Poll result as a bar chart
• Error message when news.ycombinator.com is down
• Tap on the "Time ago" in the comment to collapse the comment and replies
• User's HN profile (Tap on user id)
• Option to collapse comment, and thread
** Hacker News Android has been open sourced **
The app supports features such as:
- Browse Top Articles, New Articles and Ask Hacker News.
- Read article, comment and vote.
- Infinite scrolling.
- Collapsible threads.
- Share articles to Facebook, Twitter etc.
- Night Mode
DISCLAIMER: This app is neither affiliated with nor endorsed by Y Combinator.
It's opensource :D
- Endless scrolling
- Handle HN links in browser so you can choose to open a link with HNews
- Handle browser share page, you can now send links to HN with HNews
- Urls and Replies are sharable
- Supports HckrNews.com
- News list caching ( not caching the website the news point at )
1.1: - fixed icon
1.2: - Handle HN links in browser so you can choose to open a link with HNews
- Handle browser share page, you can now share links with HNews
- Long-click to upvote/downvote
- Long-click to open a link in the frontpage
1.2.1: - fixed share text
1.2.2: - fixed broken dialog
1.2.3: - added option to share urls/replies
1.3: - added support for HckrNews.com
1.3.1: - added news caching
1.3.2: - fixed broken infinite scrolling
1.3.3: - bugfixes
1.3.4: - fixed broken HN link handler ( thanks Matthew for report )
More from developer
HowSoon is an easy to use, free app that helps you to quickly find the next departures for routes near you. No need to type in station codes, search for departures, look through deep lists etc. How Soon automatically gets departures based on your location and shows you information that is relevant to your location. It is built specifically for public transport in Switzerland.
The main features include:
* Departures from nearby stations based on your location (Supports GPS and network location).
* Uses real time schedules to give you the most accurate departure times.
* Allows switcing among near by stations.