New (beta): Send a NMEA GPRMC strings to your OpenGTS tracking system with more options than any other application out there! GPRMC is the recommended minimum specific GPS/TRANSIT Data and this app should be the perfrect OpenGTS client.
Create your own back-end and host your location data. Share it in real-time with friends and family. Here are some other user's examples:
Use Backitude to provide the data!! Run this application and automatically improve your Google+ location accuracy and your Google Location History accuracy and rate!
Find your friends and family members' locations automatically by pinging their phone with a simple text message, and the phone will automatically reply with their location, assuming they have installed and enabled this application.
Continuous location detection application (Configure once, enable, and leave running forever!) with the capability and flexibility to sync location data to any number of destinations including: Custom server URLs, on-board internal memory in form of KML or CSV files, SMS relay, and more!
Detect your location and configure what URL you would like to send it to. Or, store it locally as kml and open using any Mapping software capable of loading kml files.
Backitude can detect locations using GPS, Wi-Fi network locations, and/or cell tower triangulation locations. The location detection and data transmission can occur seamlessly and silently in the background of your device. It allows the user to control the updating frequency and accuracy constraints, and allows you and your friends to locate eachother via SMS.
Offline Storage is available to save location values when a data signal is not present, or you decide to save your data usage and upload in bulk at a future time. Sync can initiate when signal becomes available again, or only once connected to a Wi-Fi network, or by manual startup only.
Minimum accuracy constraints and fall-back options ensure that you are only collecting location data you desire to keep. Polling timeouts ensure that you are not wasting battery life trying to achieve an accurate value when GPS or location signal is not available.
Backitude can run at varying time intervals dependent on Mode which is automatically detected: Docked mode for connected to a power supply, Wi-Fi mode for connected to a Wi-Fi network, or Standard mode in any other situation. Backitude is most efficient when no interval is selected and the application relies on "Push Updates" via SMS and Location "Steals" instead of timed polling. "Steals" are location values that are served up by the OS from other applications, such as if the user opens Google Maps and the OS determines the location, Backitude will identify and utilize the data. "Push Updates" will trigger polling via SMS.
Widgets help change settings or operate location detecton on the fly without opening up the settings menus.
With all the new options for sync'ing your data- Backitude will surely have some bugs to work out. Any problems, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
If anything else, this is a great app to use as a Lost Phone Tracker. Just enable SMS Push Update with SMS reply, add a secret suffix so not just anyone can find out your location, and let it sit idle until the day when you lose your phone and need a means to track it down, with GPS accuracy.
If you find a SIM that does not have a valid APN in the database please email me the settings displayed on the first screen so we can find the correct settings together. I would like the APN list to be as complete as possible, but I will need help from everyone. Please check against the database using the free version first.
I wrote this app for my own travels, so I have a personal desire for it to work whenever I happen to be. I don't want to buy a SIM I can't get the settings for either.
How does this app save money?
Most cell providers charge outrageous fees for international roaming. You can avoid international roaming fees by purchasing a local SIM. In many countries you can get one for less than $10.
In order to do this you need a phone that is not carrier locked (this is not the same as rooting). You can get your phone's unlock code and instructions on how to use it from your carrier. Most of the time you can get this over the phone from your service provider.
Using a local SIM will give you a local phone number. However, If the purchased SIM card includes data getting an internet connection requires the service providers APN settings. This can be difficult to get if you do not speak the local language.
You can learn more about APN settings and how they work here:
This app contains a huge database of known APN settings for SIM cards. Run the app and search for your SIM's APN settings. Then you can add these settings automatically, or in the case of Ice Cream Sandwich users copy and paste the individual settings into a new APN entry.
The professional version displays now includes an option for rooted phones to add settings directly to the database rather then having to copy and paste each setting. This version displays the SIM phone number if available, and adds the ability to browse the included APN database by country. This will allow people to check on what APN strings are in the system before travelling to a new destination.
This application will not give your phone signal where it normally will not get it.
This app will NOT UNLOCK YOUR PHONE. Please stop emailing me asking for an unlock code. :)
My email is provided for support with the application. If you have a SIM card that was not provided with the phone and the application does not have your APN setting please email me. If you have any other issue please contact your service provider. Again, don't ask me for an unlock code.
Navigation on Your Wrist Using Android Wear Device while you Driving and without getting
your phone out of Pocket.
-You can View Your Location on Map.
-You can Also get Direction from Current Location on Map With Location.(GPS & Internet Required)
-All Round And Square Android Wear Smartwatch Supported.
- Select Navigate To get Direction on Map.(GPS & Internet Required)
- After Selecting Navigate to Speak Destination Place.
- You can See GPS Data Information Swipe Left to See On Map.
- If Smartwatch do not Have GPS, Mobile GPS will Be used if it is on.
- Without GPS and Internet You can browse Previously Used Places.
- Move in the Map With Fling.
- Double Tap to Zoom.
- One tap with two Fingers - Zoom Out.
- Pinch To zoom in/out.
- Long Press OR Swipe Right TO close.
If Application is not in application list than open Android wear application on mobile click on setting icon and click Resync apps.
Wait and check.
If you find any bugs or you have any suggestions, please e-mail me at email@example.com in order to correct or implement it before rating.
Ideal for business or families.
Server and local mode available ..
Height, width and length degree and speed indicator shows directly ..
Saves track files in CSV Office Excel format on the SD card.
Server-based real-time tracking of remote devices.
- Record routes, send routes via e-mail
- Touring the Route
- Speedometer, compass, spirit level
- GPS satellite information
- Chat mode
- Speech recognition
- Weather and Sunrise Sunset for any location in the world
- Local local times
- Street View
- Distance Vector
- Speed curve
- Altitude graph
- Offline mode
- And much more
The revolutionary GPS cell phone tracking technology, allows users to locate mobile phones.
Or watch routing a mobile phone in real time from anywhere in the world via Internet.
Your children are on their way to school.
At the same time you can see exactly over the Internet, visit which streets and places your children to date.
Real realtime mobile phone tracking system via the GPS-TRACK satellite network.
Based on GPS repeater triangulation.
The system tracks mobile phones using GPS or by the current network location.
Find any time your phone.
Never be more concerned where your children, car, etc.?
When required, free registration at our EARTH LOCATION server and thus discrete tracking your mobile phone with the EARTH LOCATION tracking Internet Service!
If you require online tracking:
1 Create it for free a new account on http://www.8mail.de/earthlocation/index.php
2 Save your login details in your EARTH LOCATION Mobile App under Settings.
3rd Test your account in your EARTH LOCATION Android app under Connection -> Login-test
3 Start tracking in server mode on the phone (not local mode)
4 Observe the directions on your phone under http://www.8mail.de/earthlocation/m/earthlocation/ in Real Time (menu item: GPS Tracking Map)
Upon opening the app, the users current GPS coordinates are immediately acquired and displayed. The map pin remains centered at all times. Users can also move the background map to acquire GPS coordinates for a different location or type a specific address to acquire coordinates for.
★ 1. POSITION / SHARE ★
Share your location with one touch. The recipients will receive an e-mail or SMS with your current address and a link to online maps. On their smartphone they can open this link directly in the maps app and use it as the destination for driving directions.
With 'One Touch Location' kids can update their parents, partners each other, and friends can use it to find each other.
★ 2. TRACK ★
Track your location continuously on your personal One Touch Location profile page. Once you turn on tracking in the app and send a link to your friends they will know where you are on the move. Before sending you can check your Online Tracking Profile from within the app. GPS tracking that simply works!
★ 3. EXPLORE ★
Discover points of interest that match your interests around you while you are on your way. Perfect, if you are new in a city and looking for cafés or galleries for example.
➜ POSITION / SHARE Features:
● Uses GPS or network location providers
● Shows current address, which can be copied
● Send address, GPS position and link via e-mail or SMS
● Define quick access contacts
● Let the app speak the address
● Facebook integration: Publish directly to Facebook
● Share location on social networks like Twitter
● Add comment to Facebook post (Pro only)
● Up to five quick access contacts (Pro only)
● Set custom e-mail subject, CC and BCC (Pro only)
● More accurate location (Pro only)
● Switch position display (degrees/decimal) (Pro only)
➜ TRACK Features:
● Cloud based & real-time GPS tracking
● Your track is accessible online on your personal tracking profile
● Show your real-time track from within the app
● Share your real-time track via e-mail, SMS or publish it on Facebook or Twitter
● Access protection - you decide who can see your location
● Maps integration
● Fixed update interval of 10 minutes (free version)
● Define the tracking interval from 1 or 5 minutes to 6 hours (Pro or Ultimate only)
● Your track will be visible for 6 (free), 24 (Pro) hours or forever (Ultimate)
● Personalize your tracking profile (Pro only)
● GPX and KML export (Pro only)
● Tracking autostart and Tasker integration (Pro only)
➜ EXPLORE Features:
● Let the app search for points of interest in the background
● Get notified instantly
● Worldwide places database
● Facebook, Maps and Foursquare integration
● Adjust the search radius from 100m to 5000m (Pro only)
● Enter up to three search terms (Pro only)
The app is a perfect companion for
- hikers, mountain climbers and campers,
- runners and cyclists,
- children, kids and teenagers,
- field staff and drivers,
and everyone else who wants to send location traces. Sharing your location with Facebook friends with ‘One Touch Location’ is much easier than with Foursquare, Glympse, or similar apps - no need to register or log in. If you used Google Latitude you will find One Touch Location a useful GPS tool too.
★★★ One Touch Location: Share - Track - Explore ★★★
Free app to share and track your location and explore the world around you! Visit the official homepage at:
We ♥ to get feedback from our customers. If you have an issue or suggestion, please send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Family Locator app lets your family be in touch and stay connected with your friends anytime.
✓ See your family & friend locations in real time
✓ Share free messages with your family
✓ Know your family is safe, or needs your help
✓ In need send/receive SOS with exact location
✓ Get notification, when your kid reaches destination
✓ Receive alert when kids go where it’s not safe
✓ See the location history of family member during past 7 days (available as an in-app purchase)
The most accurate Family Locator for your family safety
“Brilliant app, already came in handy and was highly accurate! Highly recommend it to anyone! „- Anja Sharma
✓ Family GPS Tracker combines the robust GPS functionality and internet mapping
✓ Family Locator app was designed as an easy to use tool for your family and friends
With Family Locator app you can track your kids & retired parents and always know your loved ones are safe
„Great app Not only does it perform well. It gives you a piece of mind. Not only can I check on my boys..I keep myself visible for my boys to keep track of me. I am medically retired with some serious health issues, so having the ability of them checking on me helps them out too.”
✓ Privacy of your family is top concern for us, reveal location only to people you trust
✓ Know when kids leave school, Grandma’s, and mark danger zone in the map to be notified when family member enters the zone
✓ Navigate to places your close one got stuck (works best with Sygic GPS Navigation)
Family Locator app keeps family & friends connected
"I'd give 5 stars for this app as it helps me to track my family even in malls using AR. I'm always out on biz trips and it helps my family to keep track of my crazy travels as well.“Alan.Y
✓ The family locator app lets you find your friends or family members easily with augmented reality
✓ Family Locator app keeps you in touch even if you are busy
✓ Check-in to tell others your location
Note: For Family Locator to function properly Location services must be turned on. Battery consumption is optimized for daily use of Family Locator. Family Locator app needs to check your position regularly so it may take up-to 11% of your battery life.
Give Family Locator a try and tell us what you think.
Sygic | Bringing life to maps
- Track your location on your Android device screen
- Track your device location on live on www.live-location.com
- Show on map your device location path with date and speed
- Send your current location by SMS to share it with friends or anyone you want from your contact list or other number
- Send your current location by email, skype ...
USE THIS APP AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE DEVELOPER IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE.
Whether you're at the airport or on the go, SeatGuru is now optimized for your Android phone. The free app lets you access over 700 seat maps from nearly 100 airlines. It features advice and insights drawn from over 45,000 passenger reviews, so you can always find the best seat before you fly.
With the SeatGuru app, you can now shop great low airfares from low-cost carriers, online travel agencies, and airlines themselves to find the right flight for you at the lowest price. And you also have access to our flight status alerts which allow you to track arrival times, delays, and other important flight information.
Seatguru.com and the SeatGuru app give travelers the information they need to make better and more informed travel decisions by providing comprehensive, extensive, and trusted seat recommendations and airline advice.
Take MAPinr. MAPinr is a simple Android app that allows you to manage your kml/kmz files and view them on different maps.
Please let us know your problems and ideas on how to improve MAPinr (email@example.com). Don't be rude just because we do not provide some functionality you were looking for. Instead drop us an email.
MAPinr provides the following functionality:
- Create kml/kmz files
- Load existing kml/kmz files
- Save kml/kmz files
- Show waypoints, photopoints, paths, polygons
- Create waypoints (with pictures/photomap)
- Share single waypoints
- Share kml/kmz files (with pictures)
- Use different maps (Google Maps, Google Satellite, OpenStreetMap (OSM), Opentopomap, Mapquest, Opencyclemap and OVI)
- Search by name, address and coordinates (format: 48.23;16.48)
- Display multiple KML files simultaneously
- Ad free
- Offline maps (coming soon, v2.0)
Keywords: kml, kmz, gps, geolocation, waypoint, geocaching, kmlz, google maps, google earth, osm, poi, photocaching, offline waypoints, hiking, coordinates, my tracks, my maps, mymaps, my places, pin, racking, navigation.
Compared to related apps MAPinr will not sniff into your private data and only requires the following permissions:
- Approximate location / precise location: Required to show your current location on the map. MAPinr also works with GPS fully deactivated.
- Modify or delete / read the contents of your USB storage: Required for storing and loading kml/kmz files and photos.
- Access Google Photos: Required to add photos from Google Photos to a waypoint.
- Read Google service configuration: Required for map access.
- Full network access: Required for downloading map data from the Internet.
- In app purchase.
App is extremely useful for tourists. Everyone travels new place. Hence the app is for everyone in general. Visitor can make use of the app to keep track of the places at new place. They can keep track of their hotels. The use of the app is numerous. Anything can be tagged. It can be searched later on. It is useful for people in touring jobs. The app indicates location of mobile on the route. Another powerful feature of the app is to provide information and route to the important places like banks, ATM, Malls, church etc. within periphery of 5 Kilometers.
The main features of app are:
1. Provides voice tag facility.
2. Provides facility of language selection.
3. Provides guidance to reach tagged location from anywhere in the world.
4. Indicates important places in periphery of five kilometers like hospitals, banks, cafes etc. It
indicates the location of ATM by default.
5. Displays paths in satellite, terrain and hybrid map view.
6. Shows details of the shortest route.
7. Provides instructions to reach tagged locations.
8. Present location of mobile reveals on the map.
"Field Trip can help guide the way..." - AllThingsD
"The future of Augmented Reality" - The Atlantic
Field Trip is your guide to the cool, hidden, and unique things in the world around you. Field Trip runs in the background on your phone. When you get close to something interesting, it pops up a card with details about the location. No click is required. If you have a headset or bluetooth connected, it can even read the info to you.
Field Trip can help you learn about everything from local history to the latest and best places to shop, eat, and have fun. You select the local feeds you like and the information pops up on your phone automatically, as you walk next to those places.
The hyperlocal history experts of Arcadia and Historvius will unveil local lore in places you never expected. Trend-setting publications like TimeOut, Thrillist, Spotted by Locals, Zagat, and Eater will point out the best places to eat and drink. Experts at Sunset, Cool Hunting, WeHeart, Inhabitat, and Remodelista will guide you to the latest unique stores and products. Atlas Obscura, Dezeen and Spotted by Locals help you uncover hidden gems no matter where you are. Songkick and Flavorpill guide you to local music.
What did you discover today? Enrich yourself with a Field trip during your commute. Live like a local when you travel to new places. Eat and shop off the beaten path. Or simply discover the obscure history about your neighborhood during your next walk to the park.
Get ready to see this world with new eyes!
NOTE: This app is optimized for smartphones, not tablets.
★ Discover thousands of interesting places/experiences that fall under the following categories: Architecture, Historic Places & Events, Lifestyle, Offers & Deals, Food Drinks & Fun, Movie Locations, Outdoor Art and Obscure Places of Interest around you.
★ Choose from three different modes to set frequency of Field Trip notifications. See “Field Trip” worthy places around you on a map, by tapping on cards in map view to pull up enthralling points of interest around you.
★ Go on a Field Trip while you drive. Field Trip can detect when you’re driving and automatically “talk” about interesting places and experience around you.
★ Came across an amazing story or restaurant? Mark it as a favorite to easily come back to it at any point.
★ Capture the memory of a special place, by sharing a wondrous discovery through email and social networks such as Google+, Twitter and Facebook.
★ Wondering where the gem that you recently discovered is? Find your discovered field trip cards in the “recent’ section.
For more information about how to use Field Trip, visit our help center at http://support.google.com/fieldtrip
Follow us on:
The main features are:
1) Warns you when approaching a Garda safety camera location.
2) No data connection is required so there is no cost using this app.
3) Uses bare minimum of system resources and runs quietly in the background.
4) A speed camera icon in the status bar lets you know the app is running.
5) Warnings use sound, light and vibration to make sure you're informed and drive accordingly :)
6) This app warns of 500+ Garda safety van locations only (it doesn't include GATSOs, or Gardai at the side of the road d:) ).
7) It's totally free and contains no ads.
Major update under development, get updates:
Many updates are suggestions from you the users (feel free to email me). Thank you for your generous feedback which is appreciated, listened to, and acted on :)
In the next release I plan to give you options to set how you want the app to act - more power to you!
Note that, no GPS signal = no location = no warning! So, when using this app please ensure the phone has visibility of the GPS satellites. Best location is screen mounted or atop your dashboard - & make sure it's securely fixed - you don't want your nice phone flying through the air when you hit the anchors, or do that J-turn like you saw in the movies :)
A big bonus is this app DOES NOT require internet access. So it won't cost you money, and it won't use up any of your data allowance. Once installed it simply uses your GPS location and an efficient database of safety camera locations to keep you protected.
This app is ultra-lightweight and uses the bare minimum of your phones resources (storage, memory, CPU, battery). Even when your phone screen has timed-out and is in sleep mode, this app continues to function. It sits quietly in the background, periodically checking your location, and warns you only when and where necessary. (Note that turning the screen on during an alert (introduced in version 1.2) will use a bit more battery)
Each warning consists of four parts:
1) A siren will sound on the phone
2) The phone will vibrate
3) The phones LED will flash (green, if your phone supports it)
4) A red speed camera icon will appear in the notification area
When you exit a zone there are 3 indications:
1) An "angelic harp sound" (thanks Steve!) plays
2) The red speed camera is removed from the Notification Area
3) The screen turns off (if it was off)
The app is designed to run in the background without you needing to interact with it. However, there is also a simple screen with 5 buttons which allow you to Start and Stop the app, view the speed camera locations (requires web browser and internet connection), 'Test Safety Camera Alert' and test the database is ok. This screen can be accessed by touching the app icon (safety camera icon) on your phone, or by selecting it from the notification area (if the app is already running).
The test button allows you to simulate entering a safety camera zone. Pressing the button creates a mock-warning, so you will know what to expect when it happens for real on the road!
From version 1.2, following user requests, the app will wake the screen up to show the warning notification, while also sounding and vibrating. As mentioned earlier, these will all be optional for version 1.3.
The 'Check Database' button will check the database is OK, it should be 100%, but if it's not you should uninstall and reinstall the app.
I am continuing to develop this app so if you have feature requests please let me know via email, and please leave feedback and a rating. I hope you like the app and it serves you well.
However you choose to go, GoSafe!
If you have viewed google location history on the phone, you will feel more convenient while using the AP.
If you didn't have used google location history, you can go to here to see it:
Please open your google location reporting, then you will have location reporting data.
How to open your google location reporting, please see the web site:
tag: google, history, location, location history, latitude
How the app works :
Step 1. Create your account by entering your name and email id. ( You'll get activation code in your email id )
Step 2. Get your activation code from your email account and activate your account.
Spet 3. Click on add friend icon to add as many friends you want to add.
Step 4. Click on send invite or accept invite ( if someone has invited you ). You'll get a list of mail ids of your friends.
Step 5. Select the mail id you want to add for tracking. The app will send a activation code in that particular email id. You friend needs to accept your invitation by entering that activation code into his Friend Mapper account.
Step 6. On activation of sent invitations or invitations accepted, you'll see a map link of all the friends accepted on the main page of the app. You can click on the map link to enlarge the map to see more details.
App features :
* Add as many friends you want. Its completely free.
* Provides you a map link of exact location of all your friend, timely updating his location as he moves.
* It provides you the current location of the last updated location of your friends.
* You can update your location status every 1, 10 and 30 minutes.
* It tracks your friend using your friend's mobile GPS service. The mobile's GPS needs to be active to get the most perfect location links.
* Internet is not required to run this app.
* Most suitable to track your friends and family.
Please drop in your valuable suggestions in our email address provided.
• Trial version 14 days (all services, 100 map tiles)
• Free license with limited service.
• Full Daily license for 1,99€
• Full Yearly license for 59 €
• Unlimited download of OpenStreetMap based Tracker Topo maps worldwide. They are containing terrain details and elevation contours. Maps updates daily.
• Trial version contains 100 map tiles of national terrain maps. The paid version contains free national terrain map from FI, NO, DE, US and EE. Also free nautical chart from FI and NO.
• Possibility to purchase national maps from SE, FR, ES and IT
• The maps are downloaded automatically and stored in the memory, so the App can be used also off-line
Navigation and group features:
• Add waypoints with variety of symbols
• Plan your routes and find the places with coordinates
• Mark important places and share immediately with your friends
• Small compass directly in the map view, large compass appears after clicking on the symbol
• Check the distance to your target with the distance measuring tool
• Unique group function
•• Create a group with your friends
•• Everyone will see everyone
•• Share your routes, lines, waypoints and dogs with your friends in real time
•• Chat within group, without SMS costs
•• Manage your group
• Track friends
• All tracks are stored and can be replied any time, in the trial. In the paid version they are synchronized automatically to server
The best features for hunting and dog rescuing:
• Track unlimited number of dogs in real time with Tracker’s world’s best dog tracking collars
• Tracker unlimited number of other Tracker for Android or Tracker Hunter® users
• Offline maps for areas with bad network coverage
• Unique group feature for sharing your targets and chatting
• Higher security while hunting, because users see each other
• Automatic receiving positions via GPRS every 3 seconds
• Traditional tracking via SMS possible
• Possibility of calling to the dog collar
• Setting of geofence and barking allarm
• Marking of waypoints like places of shot game, shooting stands
• Creating boarders of hunting area and sharing with other hunters or groups
• Navigation, Distance tool, Waypoints and a lot more
• Everything can be tracked and replayed in the App or online in webtracking
Replay and Statistics
• The unique replay feature: select any date and time when you have used the system and playback the performance minute by minute.
• Only with one click you get information about your own position like speed, altitude, direction, GPS, GSM and battery status and age of the position
• GPS Odometer gives statistics about your average speed, your walked distance, moving time etc.
Farmers and science:
• You can track also reindeer and semi-domestic animal if it has Tracker Boazu collar on it. Look: www.trackeboazu.com
Menu is available in Czech, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish. In case you like to have your own language please contact us.
Dog tracking is possible only with Tracker collars. More information at www.tracker.fi
... an extended version of the locAR real-time team location tracking application (see m-apps.com/loc for the locAR User Guide and other documentation)
vidAR adds optical surveillance and image tracking capabilities to the team data sharing and location tracking features of locAR
When vidAR is first started its functionality is essentially the same as the Map view of locAR. You can join a team and share your location, motion, texts and images with your team friends in just the same way
To try vidAR's image surveillance features select Cam view mode (Menu-Cam), place your phone down somewhere so that the camera is covering an area of interest and leave for a short while (usually around 30 seconds or so) for the image to 'stabilise'
Note that it is strongly recommended that you enable speech output (Menu-Data-User-Talk) so that vidAR can announce its operation verbally (as you may not be able to see the screen easily). On first use this may request that you download and install a standard speech library (this may have already been done if, for example, you have already enabled speech output for locAR)
This release is built for Android v1.6 or later to support a wide range of phones. That API level does not have support for multiple cameras, so always uses the 'default' camera (typically a rear-facing camera). Other vidAR releases coming up will be built for later API levels which allow switching between multiple (e.g. front/rear) cameras.
vidAR uses advanced 'scene-learning' algorithms to determine which areas of the observed scene are stable and suitable for the generation of optical tracks. This is much more than just a 'frame comparison' process and is designed to minimise false alarms whilst being very sensitive to the presence of actual foreground objects against the 'learned' background field of view
When objects are 'seen' in front of stable background areas they are used to generate optical tracks. These tracks are further checked against various selectable 'zone grid' patterns which are then announced verbally. You can change the current zone grid via Menu-Vid-Zone-Grid in Cam view
This means that, for example, you can use your phone as an optical intruder-detection system while it is charging overnight! Just remember to enable voice output ...
PLEASE NOTE that this is very much an early BETA TEST version of vidAR. There are still several 'rough edges' to the app and, in particular, the memory-intensive image processing features can sometimes cause FCs (particularly when switching screen orientation). However, even in this early form vidAR can already perform a very useful surveillance role if applied carefully. If you do get FCs please just try re-starting vidAR again...
This is all just a taster of many more advanced features to be supported in upcoming releases of vidAR. More detailed instructions and other documentation will also be made available soon ....