Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With nearly 70,000 employees in approximately 80 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction and completion, and optimizing production through the life of the field.
At BOOTS & COOTS, we see the big picture with a degree of clarity that comes with our unprecedented heritage in the industry. Our VISION is an incident-free industry. Our MISSION is to provide our clients with the leadership, processes and relentless pursuit needed to accomplish this vision.
The Boots & Coots Blowout Contingency Plan (BCP) is arguably one of the best tools available for determining what level of risk we are accepting. The exhaustive process provides the client with a detailed picture of risks associated with a blowout. The BCP (PDF) will include but is not limited to the following:
• Emergency management organization and job descriptions
• Mobilization priorities
• Initial procedures and instructions
• Identify critical equipment, personnel, contractors, and suppliers; Data acquisition needs for site survey and files
• Safety, documentation and audits
• Emergency classifications, risks, and consequences
• General intervention strategies
• Blowout scenarios
• Specific intervention strategy to identify relief well and surface needs for hypothetical blowouts on critical structures and exploration wells
• Logistics and support with details of when and how to source equipment, material and services requirements based on scenarios and local capabilities
For emergencies, please contact 1-281-931-8884 immediately.