- Search and save loadshedding schedules from across South Africa using our extensive load shedding schedule database.
- Customise your app for all your important areas - home, work, school, gym and more!
- Browse advance schedules for the coming week so you can plan your lives around possible outages.
- Sign up for alerts for each schedule and receive notifications in advance as to when load shedding will affect you next.
- Report outages and errors in load shedding schedules to News24 directly.
This app monitors the current Eskom load shedding status and notifies you if the power is scheduled to go off in your area.
This app currently includes schedules for Eskom supplied areas (nationwide) and municipality supplied areas for Abaqulusi, Bela Bela, Buffalo City, City of Cape Town, Drakenstein, Ekurhuleni, eMalahleni (Witbank), Emfuleni, eThekwini (Durban), Gamagara, Govan Mbeki, Johannesburg (City Power), Lesedi, Mangaung, Makana, Makhado, Mbombela, Midstream Estate, Midvaal, Modimolle, Mogalakwena, Mogale City, Moqhaka, Msukaligwa (Ermelo), Msunduzi (Pietermaritzburg), Nelson Mandela Bay, Polokwane, Randfontein, Richard's Bay, Rustenburg, Sol Plaatje (Kimberley), Steve Tshwete (Middelburg), Tlokwe, Tshwane and uMhlathuze. New areas are added frequently, based on user requests. To request your area to be added, please send an email to email@example.com.
• Real-time Eskom load shedding status monitoring.
• *NEW* Power grid status monitoring.
• Early warning of scheduled load shedding in your areas.
• Multiple areas can be configured.
• View load shedding schedules for your areas for the following month.
• Very low data usage.
• Configurable alerts.
• Configurable status update frequency.
abisoft is in no way linked to Eskom. All schedules and load shedding status updates are obtained from Eskom or publicly available data sources. This app is provided free of charge, and abisoft will not accept any liability for losses arising out of the information presented in this app.
Just add suburbs to your watch list and Loadshed will keep you up to date with load shedding in your area.
It’s load shedding... simplified.
- 100% free load shedding app with user friendly design.
- Get push notifications about load shedding sent to your phone.
- Real-time monitoring of important sources for load shedding updates.
- Add multiple suburbs to your watchlist.
- Lightning fast and easy to use.
- Covers over 85% of South Africa, with more suburbs being added everyday.
- Low bandwidth usage.
- Eskom direct customers
- Cape Town (City of Cape Town)
- Johannesburg (City Power)
- Pretoria (City of Tshwane)
- Durban (eThekwini)
* More areas are being added everyday
We'd love to hear from you : )
If you have any feedback or issues then please get in touch via our facebook/twitter pages:
Updates in version 1.1.4:
- Implemented push notifications.
- Improved search functionality.
- UI enhancement on schedule view.
- General speed improvements.
- Create an account to use the app across multiple devices.
- Personalised notifications to keep you up to date on your home screen.
LATEST FEATURES ADDED:
* LIVE WARNINGS "Report Power On" or "Report Power Off" Generated via other users of the app
* Red or Green grid indicator light for confirmed outages or restoration of power
* Latest Schedule available for pre warning notifications
- Up to date load shedding schedule
- Crowd-sourced outage reports
- Auto alerts & custom alerts
- Push message notifications
- Instant status & location screen
- Location based for easy use
This app is in no way affiliated with Eskom and is completely free, however we do make use of publicly available schedules in portions of the app & can NOT guarantee their accuracy. Made in South Africa for South Africans.
-Access load shedding schedules for multiple suburbs or areas
-Proactively anticipate when load shedding will take place
-Share schedules with friends and family
-Save to your calendar
-Equip you to plan your travel times
-Receive customized notifications for all the load shedding stages (1,2,3).
The Load Shedding App covers the schedules for the following suburbs/areas:
- City Power - Johannesburg
- City of Cape Town
- Durban - Ethekwini
- City of Tshwane
- Nelson Mandela Bay (PE)
- and many more
If you cannot find your area or suburb please let us know, and we'll make sure you get the info you need! Simply tap on the 'Request Suburb/Area to be added' from the search results, in the select suburb screeen or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We love feedback and suggestions as much as we love, electricity at night. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions, comments or suggestions.
When the Load Shedding Stage (1/2/3 or Not Load Shedding) changes you'll get a notification, and the app tell you what your black out slots are so you can plan your day.
Now supporting all ESKOM regions as well as Ethekwini (Durban), City of Tshwane (Pretoria) and Gauteng City Power schedules. More towns and cities to follow. (Cape Town returning once schedules have been updated)
*Updated NEA new Load-shedding and current NEA published data and hours
*Best user interface in loadshedding nepal app with all city schedule programme nepal
*Flash Light In The New loadshedding Schedule nepal
*Location Map Nepal In New loadshedding Schedule nepal
*Different Group In loadshedding Schedule nepal
*New Widget Functionality In Loadshedding nepal
*Updated New loadshedding Nepal ...
*Best and easy User Interface in the new loadshedding schedule of Nepal
- Get an alert the moment South Africa's load shedding status changes
- See upcoming announced load shedding stages
- Check the current load shedding stage at any time of day
- Instantly see what the load shedding schedules for your areas are for the day
- Use the calendar to see the full load shedding schedules for your areas for the next few days
- Handy flashlight button for when the next coal silo collapses and you're left in the dark
- Info page containing details for load shedding websites, zone maps, municipality contact details and more
- News and load shedding forecasts
Currently limited to:
All Western Cape Eskom direct customers
Cape Town Municipality
Elias Motsoaledi Municipality
Hibiscus Coast Municipality
Mangaung / Bloemfontein
Mogale City Municipality
Msunduzi / Pietermaritzburg
Port Elizabeth / Nelson Mandela Bay
Saldanha Bay Municipality
We're constantly adding new cities/municipalities. PLEASE EMAIL US AT firstname.lastname@example.org TO REQUEST NEW CITIES/MUNICIPALITIES, RATHER THAN MAKING A REQUEST USING A REVIEW.
* This app is in no way associated with or endorsed by Eskom. As we are completely reliant on publicly available load shedding information from the various city municipalities, we cannot be held accountable for the accuracy of the information presented.
This application is intended for The City of Cape Town customers only! This will not work for anyone who is a direct Eskom customer or lives outside of the Western Cape.
This application allows you to view the current loadshedding status and schedules for your area in the city of Cape Town.
Power outages have been a problem for quite a while in Nepal. This application aims to provide users with an up-to-date information on blackouts schedule.
The data for this application is provided by the Nepal Electricity Authority.
Now has a boot receiver to apply the same dimming on boot.
Failsafe: Use the volume keys to raise or lower the brightness while the app is open. Only while the app is on the screen.
Failsafe: Set boot receiver to launch the service 5 minutes after boot. This should be more than enough time to get in an reset the settings.
Failsafe: Set set to automatically dim, therefore if you set too low of a value, shine a flashlight at the phone and it should brighten enough to reset it.
Added failsafe in case the user doesn't have a light sensor.
Also added a current brightness seekbar (slider), and a dimming trigger level seekbar.
Please see screenshots and video.
Please email me with bugs.
- Subscribe to notifications per suburb and know an hour before your area is affected
- Get notified on the latest Eskom load shedding stage/status
- View load shedding schedule(s) per suburb, no need to find your area number
- Scroll through different days, to see if you affected should there be load shedding
Blackout covers Cape Town and Western Province:
- Municipality City of Cape Town customers (257 suburbs/areas)
- Eskom Western Province customers (454 suburbs/areas)
Icon and splash designed by Pinchberry.
Please note that this is the free version of Lux. For the full version please click the following link. Purchasing the full version supports further development of Lux, and is truly appreciated.
"To put it simply, Lux kicks the pants off of Android’s stock brightness manager, and it’s worth every cent." - Lifehacker
"Lux is a third-party app that allows you to easily calibrate your phone’s brightness sensor, saving you battery power and reducing eye strain if your phone is normally too bright in dark rooms." - HowToGeek
Lux isn't your ordinary brightness app. It intelligently adjusts the brightness of your display based on the environment you're in. If you step into a dimly lit room, Lux will automatically lower the brightness of your display to make it not only comfortable to read, but to also preserve battery power.
Lux is also able to adjust the screen temperature of your display automatically to make it appropriate for night usage. At sunset, you can have Lux automatically warm your display and switch to your Night profile. If you're an astronomer, you can enable astronomer mode to cut out harsh white light. If you have a root enabled phone, you may even be able to apply these enhancements at a low level with Lux's plug-in system.
Perhaps the best thing about Lux is that you can teach it how to behave. If the backlight is too bright or dim for your liking, simply open the provided Dashboard, adjust the brightness slider to the level you desire, then hold the link button. Lux will use this new 'link' as a reference in future.
Give it a go! I want you to test Lux for more than the 15 minute refund period offered by Google. I understand that some devices may not have the best quality light sensor, and that you may need more time to play around with settings. If you find that Lux doesn't suit you after the 15 minutes is up, you can request a refund within a week of purchase via e-mail - no questions asked.
■ Stable, custom auto brightness with root plug-in support.
■ [Paid Only] Use your ambient light sensor or camera(s) to read in ambient light.
■ [Limited] Subzero brightness for night viewing.
■ [Paid Only] Select between Auto, Day, Night, Car and Cinema light profiles
■ [Paid Only] Automatic night mode. Change the colour temperature of your display for comfortable night time viewing.
■ Astronomer mode. Adds a red filter to your display to preserve the eyesight of stargazers.
■ [Limited] Power-user settings such as choice of interpolation, filters, and linked sample editing.
■ Add app specific exceptions via sleep mode.
■ [Paid Only] Customisable fade for backlight adjustments.
■ Tasker and Locale support
■ Battery efficient.
■ Backup to SD.
■ No ads or other nuisances.
Note: Please disable other brightness apps before using Lux. The author is not liable for any issues caused when using this app.
Want Lux in your language? Join the translation project here:
TAKE PICTURES AND VIDEOS: Used to read in luma values if camera input is selected.
DRAW OVER OTHER APPS: Required for night/astro mode.
READ PHONE STATE: Required to prevent Lux from interfering with phone controls in Android 4.1.
MODIFY SYSTEM SETTINGS: Brightness is a system setting, as is toggling the default auto brightness.
RETRIEVE RUNNING APPS: Required to make the 'sleep list' functionality work, so Lux can disable itself when certain apps are in the foreground.
COARSE LOCATION: Required to automatically calculate sunrise/sunset times.
IN APP BILLING: Required for purchasing future device specific root only plug-ins, to enhance functionality. (Not currently used.)
Need assistance? Have questions? Contact me via the 'Send Feedback' button in Lux settings, or via email at email@example.com.
Regions currently supported:
• Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality (NMBM)
• City of Johannesburg (City Power)
More areas will follow as soon as possible.
Each time you add an instance of this widget to your home screen, you specify the location that you are interested in. Multiple widgets can be created for each different area of interest.
On the home screen, the widget displays the following information:
• The current state of load shedding in the country (No Shedding, Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 3 Stage 4);
• The area set for the particular widget;
• The next scheduled starting time the area, should load shedding be implemented;
• The last tweet from Eskom_SA will marquee along the bottom.
To view a full load shedding schedule for the next seven day, tap on the app widget.