"BreakFree's Android app tracks the amount of time you spend looking at your phone, and gives you a heads-up when it might be time for a break." - Mashable
BreakFree in "9 Hot Android Apps from 2014" - NBC
BreakFree in "16 of the best new Android apps from May" - The Next Web
"How much time do you really spend on your phone? Now there's an app that will answer that question -- as well as help smartphone addicts learn how to live a 'healthy digital lifestyle.'" - abc News
BreakFree is the best Android app for monitoring and taking control of your smartphone usage habits and your digital life. It helps you check your addiction levels and also helps you unplug and disconnect from your smartphone. With BreakFree you can focus on what's important.
How many times in a day you check your phone? From the time we wake up till the time we hit the bed, we are hooked to our phones (Apps, Calls, SMS, texting, taking pictures/videos, Games, social networking).
If you think you are spending an unhealthy amount of time on your smartphone and getting distracted or are are feeling addicted, BreakFree will help you take control of your life and and help you focus and spend time with the people you care about.
BreakFree is a revolutionary app that will help you maintain a controlled digital lifestyle. It monitors phone and app usage. With visually appealing characters, graphs and statistics, the app guides you on how you can control phone usage. It also gives you a set of customizable tools which help you disconnect from your phone during your off time. Use these tools to get unplugged and disconnect from your phone, get some much needed time off.
1. Usage Monitoring: The app studies your phone usage pattern in the background and warns you with timely notifications whenever you go overboard. E.g. if you are using a particular app for long, if you are making too many calls or if you have used the phone for over an hour, BreakFree will notify you to slow down and enjoy life.
2. Non Intrusive notifications: Using a highly advanced algorithm, the app calculates an addiction score in real time and maintains a detailed history of your scores. The app communicates results through a friendly and engaging character called Sato (You'll love this guy :).
3. Phone Management Tools: The app also provides you phone management tools such as blocking notifications, disabling the internet, rejecting phone calls and sending auto text messages. You can unplug when you need to or you can control your habits by scheduling these tools to run on a given day at a given time. For instance, say you want to spend family time every Sunday from 3 PM to 6 PM, schedule your phone to disable sound and internet so that you are not disturbed by calls and notifications during that time and can completely focus on your family time.
4. Usage Statistics: View usage stats for your top used apps, call patterns and other functions to help you make informed decisions on taking necessary actions. E.g., If you know you've launched WhatsApp 30 times in a day, then it’s time to take a step back and cut down on that.
5. Parental Control: For the younger smartphone users, BreakFree can be used as a great parental control device. By installing it on your child's smartphone you can monitor his / her phone usage, schedule internet hours, etc.
Smartphone addiction is a growing problem all over the world across age groups. There are many instances of people seeking treatment for Nomophobia. It’s about time we learn to unplug, learn to disconnect and start to enjoy life. Let’s start using our phones the way they were meant to be. Let’s make time for the more important things in life.
If you encounter any issues or have any suggestions to improve the app, please feel free to write to us at email@example.com
• A self-motivated and interesting method to help you beat phone addiction
• Cultivate your personal pattern of time management: make good use of 30-minutes to fully concentrate on your work and finish it effectively
• Share your forest with friends
• Track your history in a simple and pleasant way
• Customize your whitelist : Leaving Forest and using apps in whitelist won’t kill your tree.
By giving you insight into your phone checking habit, Checky helps you become more aware. This awareness can help you make changes to your phone usage, if you feel you need to make a change!
It's also fun to find out exactly how much you are using your phone, and to compare your stats with friends.
If you like the app, please take the time to rate it! It's pretty painless, and it'll keep our boss from making us add those annoying "please rate us" popups.
It keeps record of previous days.
Shows how many Notifications you received in a day and you can see which application send you how much notification.
How many times phone has been unlocked.
How many apps you opened in a day and how much time you spend in those apps.
You can see Daily and Weekly data in graph.
If your device is running Android 4.2 or earlier, and you have other accessibility services running (such as Pushbullet), then our application will not receive any notification and you will not able to see information about notification. Please disable that if you want to monitor your notification data.
Tags: vice, addiction, quitting, bad habit, gamification, quit smoking, quit drugs, ways to end addiction, diet
This app will help you meet your deadlines by fighting procrastination
Got a deadline coming up? Need procrastination help? Want to become efficient by keeping a strict focus? The app teaches you strict self-discipline and efficient use of time. If you are distracted and need to concentrate, the app will lock out the right elements to train your mind to stop wasting time. Get FocusON & Fight Nomophobia. Once you conquer all distractions with your intensive focus, possibilities are limitless.
- Block ANY number of apps (including notifications) on your phone with a timer
- Schedule any no. of Locks any time: now, in the future, or weekly
- Now block Websites too (only Chrome browser supported currently) -- feature in Beta [**NOTE**: Blocks ALL mobile websites, and does NOT block some desktop sites. For ex: will block "m.facebook.com" but not "www.facebook.com"]
- Supports latest Android Lollipop too
You can lock yourself out of this app for any amount of time starting anytime. This app is perfect for exam time. Set a timer and get unbelievable amount of study done. Got a deadline coming up, setup a block and get that paper done! Finding yourself in trouble in classes, setup a block and focus in right into the material. Get this app to stay productive, fight smartphone addiction, be productive right before exams and deadlines and finally fight off procrastination.
This app is better than just simple Pomodro Timer apps, this will actually lock our the apps that are distracting you and cause procrastination during exams or deadlines.
We only request that if you like the app, please leave a good review and share it in your social media.
** If you have any issues with the app, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org before voting it 1 star. I respond to all emails within 24 hours. **
*** NEW: Talk to attendees using VoIP! ***
With the join.me mobile viewer you can join an online meeting no matter where you are. Download the app, and in seconds you can view someone’s screen and collaborate in real time, on your time, 100% Free.
HOW TO JOIN A MEETING
First, download the app. Now, you’re ready to join meetings from anywhere as long as you’re connected to the Internet by 3G* or Wi-Fi.
Next direct your colleagues or clients to https://join.me to start a meeting, web conference or ad-hoc collaboration.
They click the big “start meeting” button to share their screen and generate a secure nine-digit meeting code. You type the code into the join.me app and presto! You’re on the same page, even if you're thousands of miles away.
It really is that simple.
• View someone’s screen from your Android mobile phone or tablet
• Chat with participants (at once or individually)
• Talk to attendees using VoIP
• Zoom in and out of the shared screen
• See who’s attending
• View annotations made by others
* Roaming, data and other applicable operator or carrier charges/fees may apply.
Optimized for Android 4.1 and higher.
You would be surprised even if you didn’t think of yourself as a heavy smartphone-user. Check it now~
- UBhind enables you to accurately depict your mobile app usage
With UBhind, you can once and for all curb your smartphone overuse and regain control of your productivities!
- Comprehensive analyses and statistics
Graphical representative of your mobile app usage can be displayed by: hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly.
We capture them all, there is no sliding anything past UBhind! Whether your usage pattern or your family's usage pattern, UBhind allows you the flexibility to monitor it all.
- Alarm and Lock
With any addictions, it's hard to break free! The Alarm and Lock features alerts you when usage limits are exceeded and at the worst case scenario, locks you from using those pesky apps.
Never let your smartphone control your life!
You control the smartphone!
UBhind will help you.
TimeUspent is simple habit/usage tracker that helps you to keep track of your phone usage.
App provides trend graph of phone usage over week. You can set your daily time limit and unlock limit to get notification when it crossed by your usage.
TimeUspent makes you aware of your and your loved ones time spent on phone.
• Keeps track of Unlock counts - times phone checked by unlocking.
• Keeps track of Minutes spent.
• 7 days usage minutes graph.
• Works fine with RAM cleaners and memory booster apps (Settings > Intensive Tracking).
• No ads !!!
10. Need to disconnect from work for a while on your personal time? Use LifeBack to lock your email app so you can enjoy life.
9. Got ‘Text Neck’ from slouching over your phone for hours at a time? Don’t ruin your neck and back muscles...limit your phone use by locking those apps. Give yourself a daily allotment for checking your phone.
8. Having a ‘heated’ text battle with your significant other? Don’t type something that you may regret later…LifeBack can lock your text app so you can take some time to think before you type.
7. Had a little too much to drink and thinking about “drunk” texting or posting “drunk” pics to social media? Lock your apps and save that for the next day when you have a clearer head.
6. Is your phone causing you to neglect your kids? Lock your social media apps and give your kids your undivided attention!
5. Need to punish your teens? LifeBack can lock ALL of their apps (phone CANNOT be locked for safety reasons)!
4. Going out to dinner with your significant other or a group of friends? Don’t be rude! Mind your table manners and lock those apps! And enjoy socializing with your ‘physical’ friends (not your online friends)! BE in the moment, phone-free!
3. Thinking about impulse purchasing that one item you know you don’t need but it is on sale? Lock your retail apps and take a moment to rethink before you spend!
2. Need to get motivated? Lock your game apps and go do something! Go get active!
1. About to go for a drive? Lock those apps that temp you the most! And save lives!
YOU NEED TO DOWNLOAD + INSTALL THE ROCCAT™ POWER-GRID™ HOST SOFTWARE ON YOUR PC TO ESTABLISH A CONNECTION WITH THE APP.
After installing the accompanying PC software, the app relays a host of convenient, time-saving information and functions in the form of configurable “Grids”, which the user can then interact with right from their smartphone.
POWER-GRID™ COMES PRE-LOADED WITH THE FOLLOWING GRIDS:
1. Incoming Center – keep track of Facebook, Twitter, Skype, TeamSpeak & RSS feeds in this communications HQ.
2. System Stats – monitor your vital system information, such as CPU load, memory & hard drive usage and more.
3. Sound Control – operate Windows Media Player and iTunes, as well as your system audio settings. Adjust the master volume, or the volume of each application individually.
4. Two Custom Tabs – Power-Grid™ not only connects your smartphone to your PC, it also features a powerful editor that lets you build your own Grids & Controls to load into your tab bar – for the ultimate in customization.
In addition to the above four Grids, Power-Grid™ also features game-specific Grids for gaming enthusiasts that can be found on our website.
PRESET/CUSTOM GRIDS & CONTROLS
- Create your own Grids, with your own graphics, backgrounds & colors
- More than 100 preset buttons & controls; drag & drop function
- More than 1800 icons included – for countless individual designs
- Button customization: add texts, backgrounds, icons, effects & sounds
- Open function: open applications, documents, folders & websites
- Shortcut function: add individual shortcuts to your buttons
- Macro manager: assign complex macro sequences; up to 512 commands
- Social feeds for Facebook, Twitter, Skype, e-mail, TeamSpeak & RSS
- Media player control: play, stop, pause, artist, title & album display
- Mute function: separately mute your master, mic & music volume
- Volume control for each individual application
- CPU: show CPU info & usage
- Drives: show drive capacity, open drives
- show network usage
- Power functions: system lock, log off, shut down, sleep
- RAM: show RAM info & usage
- Analogue clock in 4 sizes
- ROCC’ clock: digital clock with day & date
- Big stopwatch & timer
- Custom timer buttons: create your own timer buttons or choose one of our presets
- Import and export Grids/Controls; share with your friends
Five fast and easy steps to create your PC control center:
1) Go to www.power-grid.roccat.org, create an account and download the pc host software. Users who already have a ROCCAT World account can download the software straight away.
2) Install the host software on your PC.
3) Go to the Play-Store on your phone and download the app.
4) Ensure PC and phone are connected to the same WiFi network.
5) Log-in to your host software on the PC and start the app on your phone, then follow the on-screen instructions and voilà, you are good to go.
Please note that Power-Grid™ is currently compatible with Windows 7 and Windows 8. Find out more about Power-Grid™ here: www.power-grid.roccat.org
HabitBull is a powerful companion which helps you keep track of your day to day habits and routines
» Fully Customizable
Measure and track anything and everything. Get notified whenever you need to do something important.
» Cut Bad Habits From Your Life
Simply start tracking bad habits like nail biting, smoking or drinking too much. Once you see the patterns, it's easier to break them. HabitBull keeps you accountable.
» Add Some Positive Habits
Want to go for a nice walk every day? Or maybe give 3 hugs every Saturday and Sunday? Join us!
» Who is it for?
Whether you want to read some more, stop smoking, start working out or even just track how many hours you wasted on Facebook, this app lets you do it!
» HabitBull only speaks English at the moment!
» Exclusively on Android!
• Track multiple habits, repeated to do's or goals, each in its own calendar
• Streak counter and percentage successful for each habit
• Yes/No or Number goals
• Very flexible goals like: number of times per day/week/month, only on certain days of the week etc. For example: 30 push ups every Mon-Fri, go to the gym 2 times per week, or even every 2 days
• Inspiring quotes per category - including actual quotes from people doing it (meditation, reading, stop drinking alcohol, stop smoking cigarettes, stop procrastination etc)
• Graphs with success percentage / streak, entered values etc
• Powerful reminders - multiple times per day, repeating within a time period, sound and vibrate optional
• Home screen / lock screen widget
• Multi-device syncing
• Cloud backup
• Motivational images
• Export to CSV
• Google Fit integration
» How it works:
1. Set up a habit
2. Tell HabitBull how you went for a day
3. Watch your daily streak increase
Habits are no more than routines which you perform subconsciously. To build one - train yourself. To break one, find another one which is similar, yet different and nicer, and repeat it until it sticks.
To assist you with this HabitBull lets you set reminders for each habit and displays them on days when you need to be successful. This is especially useful if you have a to do list with repeating tasks or if you want to be reminded to do the same thing every day. It can also be used as a calendar planning tool or checklist, but also as a very effective repeating reminder (e.g. to drink water every 2 hours).
HabitBull does feel a little like a game in which you compete with yourself. The task is to get a long streak for the habit you are working on by covering your goals. The longer the better. It takes a couple of months to fully build a new routine, so don't give up - it takes time and if you are consistent it will work; even if it takes a few attempts.
There are many things which you may want to improve. HabitBull can be used as a planner in building habits like taking your pills regularly, exercise, or keep to a diet. It can also be used as a helper for people suffering from memory problems. As for your vices, HabitBull can be a useful goal tracking tool, or a smart notebook, to assist you while breaking bad habits like nail-biting, drinking alcohol and even improving your dating skills.
It is entirely up to you, really. But why not give it a try and have a convenient helper on the go?
Hey, listen! Mainly, I wanted to test Jellybean notifications, and the Jake Wharton compatibility library for them.
Zelda, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and Navi are copyright and trademark Nintendo of America.