Connect with friends and challenge them to one of the oldest, most popular strategy games in the world. Play multiple games at the same time, track your moves and improve your stats.
Download Chess with Friends Free and start playing the most social chess game today!
★ Connect with Facebook to play family and friends, or find and challenge a random opponent
★ Practice Mode - Choose your skill level, train your brain, and learn new tactics by challenging Chesster the Chess coach. Play him online or offline to sharpen your skills
★ View your win, loss, and draw stats to track your game play
★ Relive the glory by replaying moves on the board in existing and past games
★ Encourage, boast or taunt your opponent with in-game chat
★ Play multiple chess games at once across Android and iOS
★ Play chess at home or on the go on your phone or tablet
★ Speak spanish? Juega ajedrez en español también!
★“Great app for playing with friends or anybody else that loves the game”
★“I love this game!!! It’s as simple as that. A must have for the chess player in all of us”
★“Great game that challenges your mind, and helps you learn new skills while playing with friends”
★“My favourite app. The first app I check each morning. The only game I play every day. I’ve got a dozen opponents across the globe. My favourite app by far.
Already a fan of the game?
★ Join the community on Facebook to discuss the game, give feedback and find more friends to play https://www.facebook.com/ChessWithFriends
★ Follow us on twitter http://twitter.com/ChessWFriends for all of the latest news
● Use of this application is governed by the Zynga Terms of Service. These Terms are available at http://m.zynga.com/legal/terms-of-service.
● The game is free to play, however in-app purchases are available for additional content and premium currency. In-app purchases range from $0.99 to $99.99.
● This game does permit a user to connect to social networks, such as Facebook, and as such players may come into contact with other people when playing this game.
● Terms of Service for Social Networks you connect to in this game may also apply to you.
● You will be given the opportunity to participate in special offers, events, and programs from Zynga Inc. and its partners.
● Must be 13+ to play.
● Use of this application requires a Facebook or Zynga With Friends account
Chess Free supports both 1 player and 2 player gameplay, so you can play against friends or test your skills against a challenging computer opponent.
Chess Free offers a host of exciting features, including:
* Great graphics and exciting sound effects
* Configurable player names and score tracking
* Outstanding AI engine with configurable difficulty level
* Board rotation for two player games
* Undo function
* Automatic save when you get a phone call or exit the application
Chess Free is supported by unobtrusive banner advertising.
Same as our "Chess Free", but no Ads.
"Chess" is currently the highest ranked paid chess on Android (at time of writing), from the paid chess programs listed.
-- 12 play levels (Novice->Expert)
This uses intelligent weakening for lower levels. Good for beginners.
-- Casual and Pro modes (NEW!)
Two different play modes allow you to choose how much help the game gives you, and stats are kept separate for both.
-- Uses Treebeard Chess engine
(as used in Microsoft's MSN Chess). This has a unique ""human-like"" style.
-- Chess Tutor
This option shows a recommended piece to move. This will help you think about how you should play without telling you exactly what move to make. This is good for developing chess skill while also helping you avoid simple mistakes.
-- ""Show CPU Thinking"" option for level 3+
A unique feature, great for learning chess. This shows which moves the AI is considering.
-- Chess Stats, Timers, Hints and Handicaps
Track your career history against each level and improve your rating
-- Achievements, Leaderboards and Cloud save for stats! (NEW!)
Available when logging in with your Google+ account
-- Provides ELO Rating based on your results against CPU in Pro Mode (NEW!)
-- 2 player hot-seat
Play against your friends!
-- 8 Chess Boards and 7 Chess Piece Sets
-- Review game mode
Step back through your game and see how you won!
-- Load/Save game files & PGN Export
-- Designed for both Tablet and Phone
Landscape mode available for tablets. (NEW!)
Download the best Chess for Android now!
- Challenge your friends and chat with opponents
- Play real-time blitz or daily correspondence chess
- Solve more than 50,000 puzzles
- Adjusts to your skill level to help you improve
- Thousands of videos and interactive lessons from top Grandmasters
- Interactive tutorials with helpful tips and highlights
- Adjust the computer's strength
- Analyze your game to learn what went wrong
… AND MORE
- Daily articles by top authors and coaches like IM Jeremy Silman
- Opening explorer helps you learn and play the right openings
- Make friends & send messages
- 20+ gorgeous themes for boards, pieces, and backgrounds
- Detailed performance stats and ratings
- Active community forum
- "I've tried every chess app out there and the Chess.com app is in a class by itself. It is the only chess app you will ever need, and the best choice if you want to improve!" - Michael
- “Amazing! Play with friends or random people at your skill level. So much fun!” - Playa
- “I use it daily for tactics, live games, and videos on strategy. I love this app!” - Samantha212
- “Great chess app and perfect mobile compliment to an excellent website. Highly recommended for beginners and experienced players alike.” - Brian
- “Makes playing chess against other players from around the world easy and fun.” - Northflow
Chess.com is built by chess players and enthusiasts who really love chess!
*Advanced 3D graphics;
*AI opponent with adjustable level from junior to grandmaster;
*Online chess server. No registration needed. Play with your friends all over the world!
*Different themes of chess set;
- Play as white or black, against the computer or a friend.
- 10 difficulty levels, from novice to grandmaster.
- Include more than 38000 chess puzzles, divided into 13 collections.
- Support online gameplay.
- Support LAN game via bluetooth/Wi-Fi.
- Computer hint and unlimited undo for beginners.
- Changeable chessboards and piece sets, 2D/3D piece styles.
- Load and save games to PGN files.
- Autosaving your current game.
- Setup position, intelligent validity check.
- Randomly go to any point in the current game.
- Provide thousands of classic chess games to download, such as grandmaster games, world championship games.
- Switch to play mode when in view mode, analyze the game, and then restore the view status.
- More functions: handicap, view move list, automatic move playback, etc.
- It is free!
Chess Free provides a challenging experience of good chess game,
-- 15 play levels (Novice->Master)
You will be surprised if you will beat our algorithms on "Master" mode
-- Shows "AI Thinking"
-- Designed for both Tablet and Phone
-- "Two Players" mode
You can play against your friends on one tablet or through internet on your own tablet or phone.
You can see list of your competitors
Available when logging in with your Google+ account
Play against your friends!
*Note: Supported by unobtrusive Ads. Requested permissions are a requirement of the in-game ads only. The Paid version has no ads, and therefore no permissions beyond writing to SD card.*
Download Chess for Android now!
Pure Chess puts other games in checkmate! Are you a Grandmaster in the making?
"The prettiest Android game you'll ever play" - AndroidSPIN
"Pure Chess truly brings chess back into the 21st century with style" - Android Dissected
Experience one of the oldest known boardgames on the advanced technology of today. With ultra-realistic and unparalleled beautiful visuals you can almost reach out and touch the pieces. Created under the watchful eye of a fully-fledged Grandmaster; Pure Chess allows players to experience the traditional game like never before, showcasing gorgeous environments and unbelievably stunning chess sets.
Learn the basics through step-by-step tutorials or challenge yourself to tournaments, with full control of skill level depending on how challenged you wish to be. An art, a science, a social engagement, a means for a challenge – whether you’re a beginner, an avid player or an ultimate Grandmaster, it’s time to experience one of the oldest board games known to man, brought to life on the modern technology of today! You can now play Pure Chess cross-platform with your friends!
Play Pure Chess on Tegra K1 and enjoy true console-class graphics never seen before on any mobile device. The power of Tegra K1 allows Pure Chess to really shine with high resolution, realistic reflections and refractions, highly detailed chess sets and surroundings and to top it all off, post processing effects like bloom and depth of field. All this combined makes Pure Chess look stunning on Tegra K1 and provides you with the ultimate chess game experience.
Pure Chess is a game that can be played by everyone, at any age, but mastered by only a few. The question is... Are you a Grandmaster in the making? Your move!
- Various chess horses and chess boards
- Various difficulty level supported by outstanding AI Engine
- Tournament mode play against 30 NPC
- Practice mode with five different difficulty levels.
- Multi player mode (up to 2 people)
- Saving basic and support replay mode.
- This game is perfectly supported tablet device.
Former iTunes #1!
Mastersoft's Chess game is 100% Free and has one of the World's best Desktop PC chess engines crammed inside!
* 100% Free. There are no In App Purchases (IAPs). Everything is included.
* 4th in World Micro-computer Chess Championships.
* 100 Graded Levels from Novice to Grandmaster.
* Coach Training Mode guaranteed to improve your game.
* Rating Mode that evaluates your ELO rating and progression.
* 2 Player Mode.
This engine finished 4th in the World Microcomputer Chess Championships and is not available in any other Android chess game. Designed by chess champions to play like a human opponent, Mastersoft Chess will take you from Novice to Grandmaster level! Features stunning high resolution sets by renowned Chess designers.
Easy to play but difficult to beat, this is pick up and play chess at its best!
As previously supplied by the World's biggest OEMs, and now available for FREE thanks to the power of the Google Play Store!
"It truly is close to flawless and is by far the best mobile Chess game I have played on any platform."
- PDA 247.
HP Choice Strategy Game of the Year
Smartphone Magazine runner up.
Various levels, board styles and breathtaking Retina Display chess sets combine with an outstanding World beating chess engine to offer you a great playing experience and an ever increasing challenge.
Whether you're just starting out or else a seasoned pro, Mastersoft Chess has something for you!
Coach mode showing best moves and biggest threats
Built in coach to monitor your progress
Training levels that dumb down your Android device.
Take back a move if you change your mind!
Your phone checks that your moves are allowed.
Simple intuitive uncluttered interface that lets you concentrate on your game.
NB If you are new to Chess then please ensure that the coach is turned on in options and that the lowest difficulty level is selected.
A unique engine unlike any other - plays interesting and sometimes quite aggressive chess.
Designed to play like a human opponent - right up to Grandmaster level!
Opening Book of over 23000 moves!
100% Full Chess rules including enpassant, castling etc.
Thought analysis (main line, depth and score).
Setup position (including castling rights, enpassant and side to move)
Move forward / backward to any point in the current game.
Includes Standard Chess Book Sets in addition to the realistic ones.
In depth statistics.
ELO rating system.
100 levels of increasing difficulty.
Huge collection of stunning high resolution chess sets in both 2D and 3D. Makes the most of your phone display!
Boards constructed from the real thing - Oak, Ash, Marble, Slate and more!
Save and load games.
Realistic sound effects.
Adjustable piece movement animation.
Auto saving of your current game.
Great for novices but will grow with you and still offer a challenge at Championship level.
The application contains powerful algorithm of game and friendly classic interface. Challenge your strategic skills with this relaxing game. With 10 levels of difficulty and on-line players provide a fun and challenging game for beginners and experts alike. Now you can enjoy the game anywhere you may be, directly from your smart phone.
* On-line mode with Google+ account!!!
* Accessibility - Adapted for people with visual impairments
* Ability to compose own figures position
* AI engine with 10 difficulty levels
* Parental control - control your children progress
* One or Two player mode
* Attractive classic wooden interface
* Undo move
* Ability to save games and continue later
* On-line ELO and Scores, leaderboards, achievements, chat, player invitations
Your comments will help to improve this application in the future.
Play Magnus supports 1 player gameplay, while future versions will offer multiplayer functionality.
In the meantime, test your skills against challenging the Magnus Carlsen computer opponent and share with your friends to earn additional points!
Play Magnus offers exciting features, including:
- Magnus Carlsen tuned chess engine with general functionality
- Sharing functions
- Chance to qualify to Play Magnus Live at a secret location annually
Founded in 1995 we're the longest running online chess site in the world!
Get now this app, register your username and get a 1-month free trial!
"Chess at ICC" offers:
* Play: Seek/offer match rated and unrated. You can also view seeks posted by other users. Can sort seek list by username, rating or game time. Options to filter the seek list.
* Chat in the lobby and other propular channels, or chat with Friends
* Friends: add your friends to the app and you can challenge them, chat, observe etc
* Observe top games on ICC and sort by category, showing only rating categories you are interested in observing.
* Events: Participate in a number of official events on ICC. Events include watching top relayed tournaments from around the world, playing in the pristine rating pools, playing TrainingBot and ProblemBot games, and more!
* History: view your played games and send them by email
* Account section to administer your ICC account
* Takeback, draw, abort, resign and rematch options when playing
* Fully functional console, for more control on the playing server
* Timestamp to avoid lag problems
* Confirm move feature to help avoid mouse-slips. Forward and Backward buttons are converted on Confirm/Cancel buttons
Play against the computer
* Selectable ELO Levels to adjust playing strength, from 500 to 2100, on 50 ELO points steps
* Selectable time per move: changing the ELO and the time per move, lots of difficulty levels can be selected
* Opening book with more than 30.000 positions: ensures variated funny games
* Can undo/redo all moves
* Send PGN by email: This way, you can analyze later your games on your PC
* Graphical setup board, also can edit position’s FEN notation
* On closing, saves the current game and it is loaded when the application is restarted
Solve chess problems
* 2900+ chess problems to solve looking for the best moves: problems collected by Uwe Auerswald, from Germany
* Selectable problem difficult (Easy, Medium and Hard Problems)
* Offline PGN viewer to save and replay your favorite games. Allows you to open PGN files from the SD card or from your email
And with the Best interface
* Clean, simple and intuitive interface (many options appear after pressing the “MENU” key)
* Move by dragging and dropping the piece with useful guide lines
* Ability to select your next piece to move on your opponent's move. To complete the move, tap the destination square when it becomes your move. Useful for speed games.
* Also move by tapping the origin and the destiny squares or with the trackball
* Portrait and Landscape mode
* Shows legal moves
* Highlights last move (with a yellow arrow or a coloured squarem, can be configured with a settings option), also move hints (as a green arrow) after a request in the menu
* Many piece sets and board styles
* Shows a dot on the side to move (the point is of the moving side color) and can show board coordinates
* Shows captured pieces advantage for each one of the sides (as an example if black captured 3 pawns and whites 2, it shows an advantage of 1 white pawn for blacks), also has an option to hide captured pieces
* Speak moves, checks and game results
* Different sounds for moves, captures and checks. Toggle sound off and on, to play discreetly.
* Vibrate phone for moves played
* Option to keep the screen on when playing
In order to improve your experience with "Chess Tactics", please write us your feedback, especially in case you give a bad rating (the feedback can be sent as well by email or on the app facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/chesstacticsapp).
Please check as well the "Chess Tactics for black" app!
"In chess, as in life, a man is his own most dangerous opponent." - Vassily Smyslov
"Chess is 99% tactics." - Rudolph Teichmann
"Good players develop a tactical instinct, a sense of what is possible or likely and what is not worth calculating." - Samuel Reshevsky
"No matter how much theory progresses, how radically styles change, chess play is inconceivable without tactics." - Samuel Reshevsky
"Tactics involve calculations that can tax the human brain, but when you boil them down, they are actually the simplest part of chess and are almost trivial compared to strategy." - Garry Kasparov
"Tactics flow from a superior position." - Bobby Fischer
"In general I consider that in chess everything rests on tactics. If one thinks of strategy as a block of marble, then tactics are the chisel with which a master operates, in creating works of chess art." - Tigran Petrosian
"...one other thing is the GM's superiority in tactics. For example Christiansen can find tactics in any position. If you're a GM you should be able to overpower the IM tactically. The GM will often blow out the IM in this area. " - Nick de Firman
"If the student forces himself to examine all the moves that smite, however absurd they look at first glance, he is on the way to becoming a master of tactics." - Cecil Purdy
*Uses CuckooChess engine AI
*10 difficulty levels
*Drag and drop
*Chess game automatically saved
*Play chess offline, without internet connection
*Supports deep linking with FEN notation
Multiplayer, play many games at once, at your own pace. Notification based game play!!
Try our chess time and reversi games!
Online / Offline mode
Play online against other players
Play locally against the computer
Chat in game
.. couple small fixes ...
changed icon, fix for bug in move history screen
Changed images to be colors of checkers .. thanks to wordsauce
V1.2.4+5 Fixes for "non forced jump games" ... thanks for finding it and all the help from hippstar
V1.2.6 Changed Ad to Admob
few bug fixes.
In our reversi you can play the computer or other players over the internet.
Online / Offline mode
Play online against other players
Play locally against the computer ( 10 levels of play )
Chat in game
Three board sizes, 6x6, 8x8 and 10x10.