Battle for Mars is a huge turn based strategy game where you use soldiers, robots, and spaceships to battle alien races. Fight in the mountains, forests and at sea. Includes:
- 17 unit types
- 6 building types
- 3 enemy races
- 13 quick maps
- 12 map campaign
Same as our "Chess Free", but no Ads.
"Chess" is currently the highest rated paid chess on Android (at time of writing), from the paid chess programs listed.
★★★★-- rating!: "Chess Free provides a rich and challenging experience of this classic board game, all within the confines of your Android smart-phone. " James Woodcock : Review Journalist (http://www.jameswoodcock.co.uk/?p=5427)
-- 12 play levels (Novice->Expert)
This uses intelligent weakening for lower levels. Good for beginners.
-- Uses Treebeard Chess engine
(as used in Microsoft's MSN Chess). This has a unique "human-like" style.
-- "Show CPU Thinking" option
A unique feature, great for learning chess. This shows which moves the AI is considering.
-- Chess Tutor
This option shows a recommended piece to move. This will help you think about how you should play without telling you exactly what move to make. This is good for developing chess skill while also helping you avoid simple mistakes.
-- Chess Stats, Timers, Hints and Handicaps
Track your career history against each level and improve your rating
-- 2 player hot-seat
Play against your friends!
-- 8 Chess Boards and 5 Chess Piece Sets
-- Review game mode
Step back through your game and see how you won!
-- Load/Save game files & PGN Export
-- Designed for both Tablet and Phone
-- Full Touch screen and trackball support
-- Support for latest Android 3.X and 4.X action bar for options and menu access
Download the best Chess for Android now!
Forget having to be in the same room to play with others. Simply join the online lobby with hundreds of thousands of other players from all around the world and show them who is boss!
Keep track of your records every time you beat your opponent! Show everyone around the world how good you are at Memorython and claim your spot at the throne!
USER PROFILES & FRIEND LISTS
Create a Playfield Apps account and keep track of everything you do on the game! Search and add friends to challenge and play Memorython! Use your Playfield Apps account with other Playfield related apps.
Hold onto your horses! We’re going to be constantly updating Memorython to provide the best classic memory game experience on mobile devices everywhere.
Playfield is a cross platform, multi-player application development toolkit that enables apps to communicate seamlessly across WiFi, Bluetooth, and Internet (3G / EDGE) connections to create amazing head-to-head multi-player experiences. Developers can leverage Playfield to create new, rich, multi-player experiences or quickly differentiate existing applications by enabling social collaboration, screen sharing, and peer-to-peer messaging.
Learn more at http://www.playfieldapps.com
Yahtzer is a classic take to the family favorite Yahtzee. The object of the game is to score the most points after 13 rounds. Each round consists of rolling five dice up to three times in an attempt to make one of the thirteen possible scoring combinations with varying point values. Once a combination has been used in the game, it cannot be used again. You can also earn bonuses by scoring more than one Yahtzer in a game and by exceeding 63 points in the top row categories.
Play against AI
* Selectable ELO Levels to adjust playing strength, from 500 to 2100, on 50 ELO points steps
* Selectable time per move: changing the ELO and the time per move, lots of difficulty levels can be selected
* Opening book with more than 30.000 positions: ensures variated funny games
* Can undo/redo all moves
* Send PGN by email: This way, you can analyze later your games on your PC
* Graphical setup board, also can edit position’s FEN notation
* On closing, saves the current game and it is loaded when the application is restarted
* Play on internet at freechess.org (FICS) or at chessclub.com (ICC)
* Play as guest or as a registered user (on ICC or JaqueMate.org only as registered user)
* Seek/offer match rated and unrated
* View seeks posted by other users. Can sort seek list by username, rating or game time
* Takeback, draw, abort, resign and rematch options when playing
* Console to see server output and to send commands, also for chatting with other users
* Play, Finger and Observe, can also observe LectureBot on FICS or play ProblemBot/TrainingBot on ICC
* Examine games (works with puzzlebot or the “exl” command to examine your last played game)
* Timeseal (FICS) and Timestamp (ICC): avoids lag problems
* Premove option: You can introduce movements on your opponent's turn
* Option to confirm moves before sending to the server. Forward and Backward buttons are converted on Confirm/Cancel buttons
* Supports wild chess variants: Atomic, Losers, Suicide and Chess960
* 2900+ chess problems to solve looking for the best moves: problems collected by Uwe Auerswald, from Germany
* Selectable problem difficult (Easy, Medium and Hard Problems)
Simple PGN browser, allows you to open PGN files from SD card or from your email
And with the Best Interface
* 2D/3D board
* Clean, simple and intuitive interface (options appear after pressing the “MENU” key)
* Move by dragging and dropping the piece with useful guide lines
* Also move by tapping the origin and the destiny squares or with the trackball
* Portrait and Landscape mode
* Shows legal moves (as yellow traslucid squares)
* Highlights last move (with a yellow arrow or a coloured squarem, can be configured with a settings option), also move hints (as a green arrow) after a request in the menu
* Many piece sets and board styles
* Shows a dot on the side to move and can show board coordinates
* The material gauge indicates the material advantage using this piece values: Pawn=1 Knight=3 Bishop=3 Rook=5 Queen=9. Click on the gauge to show/hide the captured pieces difference
* Shows captured pieces advantage for each one of the sides (as an example if black captured 3 pawns and whites 2, it shows an advantage of 1 white pawn for blacks)
* Speak moves, checks and game results
* Different sounds for moves, captures and checks, also vibration
* Option to keep the screen on while playing
You can try the Free version with ads first
* 10 play levels from very easy to extremely hard. There is one level for everyone no matter if your a beginner or an expert!
* Very impressive chess engine which teaches you the names of famous chess openings by showing the name of openings as you play them.
* Play Online against players from all over the world. Get started right away by playing as guest or register for an account at freechess.org (link in the app).
- Get your ranking in three different game modes (Lightning, Blitz, Standard).
- Improve your game skill by watching other players games live.
- Chat with your opponents or other people that are online.
* Send PGN files so you can review your games on your computer or anywhere you like.
* 2 player hot-seat.
* 3 Chess Board colors and 3 Chess Piece Sets.
* Clean and simple interface.
* Keeps statistics so that you can keep track of your improvement.
* Designed for both Tablet and Phone.
Don't forget to rate the game if you like it!
Play Chess with friends or strangers for ranking points and achievements with as many players as you like from all over the world simultaneously, and in your own time to fit your busy schedule. The great thing about Chesspresso is you don't play one game in one sitting, you play as many games as you like over a long time period. Move time limits are in days not minutes or seconds!
- CORRESPONDENCE CHESS. Chess at your own pace against opponents of all skill levels.
- EASY TO USE INTERFACE. A modern Holo style Android interface supporting phones and tablets.
- CHALLENGE FRIENDS OR OPPONENTS ONLINE. There are thousands of players playing every day of all skill levels.
- RATING SYSTEM AND ACHIEVEMENTS. Play for Ranking points (ELO based) and increase your position on our leaderboards.
- NOTIFICATIONS. We use push notifications from our server to notify you of actions you need to take in your games. But you have total control of those notifications inside and outside of the app.
- ULTRA-LOW BANDWIDTH REQUIREMENTS - Playing requires minimal data to be sent and received by your device, and you can browse and view all your games and their history off-line at any-time!
- REPRESENT YOUR COUNTRY - Choose where you want to represent and what nation you wish to play against whether it's the United States, Wales or the Northern Marinara Islands.
- MULTIPLE LANGUAGES. English, 中文（简体）, Nederlands, Suomalainen, Français, Deutsch, עברית, हिन्दी, Magyar, Bahasa Indonesia, Italiano, Polski, Português, Română, Русский, Español, Türkçe, Tiếng Việt, Українська.
Give it a try, we think you'll love it…
The famous strategy board game chess, also known as the royal game, is played by moving the chess pieces (black and white) in turns across the game board. The rules of the game state that a game of chess is won if no more moves are possible and the opponent's king, the most important chess piece, is in checkmate.
We have packed the best strategy and tactical board game in a free app, with three different online variations.
- Single-player: play on your own against the computer. Here you can learn how to play chess or simply improve your chess skills.
- Local multiplayer: the same rules of the game as in the single-player-mode against the AI.
The board game is played on only one mobile device, however not as a computer game but rather by trying to checkmate your friend through logical thinking and your chess pieces, such as pawn, rook, queen, bishops, knight and king.
- Online multiplayer: logical thinking and online strategy with online chess against chess players around the world. Organise your own world championship. If your online opponent has also downloaded our free app, you can play on more than one mobile device.
The online multiplayer mode offers the following functions:
- For every checkmate against your online opponent, Elo points will be credited for your glorious chess moves across the board.
- If you win an online game against an opponent who is particularly good at playing and already has many Elo points, you will also get more Elo points to your player account for a checkmate.
- The more Elo points you have earned by playing chess, the higher you will rise in our ranking list.
- During the game of chess you can open a chat, so that you can chat with your opponent around the world or analyze your chess moves.
- An online friend's list enables you to invite your friends to a free online chess.
- Our free chess app is available worldwide. You can play against opponents from around the world and show them how good your logical thinking and your tactical game is, how you perfectly master your chess moves and chess pieces and how you check and mate your opponent.
- You can see your opponent's country of origin.
Play Chess against online players from around the world, start your own world cup, beat your opponent with your chess array, improve your strategy and tactical game and increase the Elo points in your account. Will your chess moves and chess game checkmate your opponent?
Improve your chess game and become a real chess world champion like Anatoly Karpov, Garry Kasparov or Vladimir Kramnik. Use tactical moves like castling, where rook and king of one colour are moved.
Use different opening moves like the Italian, Spanish, King's Gambit, French, Caro-Kann, Sicilian, Pirc defence, modern defence, Scandinavian, King's Gambit declined, King's Gambit accepted, Blackmar-Diemer Gambit, Nimzo-Indian defence, Queen's Indian defence, King's Indian defence, Grünfeld defence, Benoni defence, Dutch, English or the Sokolsky opening.
We hope you like our free board game, even if it's only available in 2D and unfortunately not in 3D. Chess is definitely more challenging than other board games such as Nine Men’s Morris, Draughts, Halma, the Settlers of Catan, Backgammon, Ludo, Mahjong or Connect 4.
We would appreciate feedback (even if it's critical) on our free Online Chess.
Simply write a mail to the provided support address.
Easy to play but very hard to master. Now you can test your playing skills against the computer on three different levels offline, or online against real people from around the world.
Chess is a two-person board game which simulates a battle between two opposing armies. Chess has been around for more than sixteen hundred years. When it comes to mind games, Chess is undoubtedly at the top of the list.
• Play against the computer (practice) with four different levels (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced & Expert)
• Play a match against a friend on one device
• Play against opponents connected online around the world
• Easy tap-and-place or drag-and-drop interface to move the pieces on the board
• Smooth 3D board zoom and rotation
• Five gorgeous board sets
• Save your game and load it later
• Thousands of historical matches by the most famous Chess players included
• View the list of moves of your match on your screen
• Chat with online opponents
* Advanced AI engine with eight levels of difficulty and opening book with more than 60000 positions
* FICS client for online gaming with Timeseal
* Local 2-player hot-seat mode
* Save on exit
* Deep Undo and Redo
In addition to the outstanding playing strength of the 16 times computer chess world champion, Shredder is also able to mimic the play of a human chess player with any playing strength. He even deliberately makes typical human mistakes in those levels.
Solve 1000 built in chess puzzles. Shredder keeps track of your performance and offers advice if needed.
You can adjust Shredder’s playing strength from beginner to master level. If you like, Shredder automatically adjusts his strength to yours. He even calculates an Elo rating for you. This is how the playing strength of chess players is typically measured.
During the game a coach is watching your moves and warns you if you are about to make a mistake.
See how you are getting better and better the more games you play and the more chess puzzles you solve.
Works fine on mobile phones and large tablets.
* Adjustable playing strength
* Intuitive and very easy to operate
* 1000 built in chess puzzles
* Rates your play
* Outstanding playing strength
* Simulates opponent of any strength
* Analyse your games with Shredder, find your mistakes and improve your play
* Coach shows your mistakes
* Great variety with built-in opening book
* Enter and analyze any position you like
* Load and save games (incl. names, date, etc.)
* Import and export games in PGN format
* Different chess boards and pieces
* Improve your play whenever and wherever you like
Save 10 USD/EUR when buying Shredder 12 or Deep Shredder 12 for your desktop or notebook computer (Mac, Windows or Linux) on shredderchess.com. You will find your coupon code in the program info section.
Get the best!
Hit 'play now' button and the site will match you up with other available online chess players. Playing live multiplayer chess has never been easier.
The live chess game has time control. You can play 15 minute, 5 minute or 1 minute games. Other chess board settings are also available.
There are also 1000 chess problems and tactics. There are easy, normal and difficult problems to solve in nexus chess online. "Chess is 99 percent tactics (Teichmann)"
- Real-time live chess play
- 1 minute,5 minutes and 15 minutes live chess games
- One button click instant opponent matching
- Configurable chessboard
- Game export to PGN
- 1000 chess problems and tactics
- Opponents from all over the world
- Phone and tablet support
Check out www.nexuschess.com for the web version of our chess game.
Multiplayer can be played with Local Network, or through Internet and uses a P2P private network.
Multiplayer can also be played with one Android device, and 2 players. This way it will act as a real Checkers board. So that you can play with your friends on one device.
You can play multiplayer game against your buddy with a BlackBerry that operates on Playbook or OS 10+. Your buddy needs to have the game: Checkers multiplayer, with rules or no rules
The touch capabalities of this game is highly optimized and works very great.
This game doesn't collect any data. So there is no adware, no ads and no spyware.
Facebook for invitations: http://www.facebook.com/smartsys.checkers
-Display of thinking
-Full take back & forward
-Big opening book & named openings
-Set up position
-33 playing levels including easy & blitz
-Database. Save / load games to PGN databases on SD card
-Copy and paste PGN games to clipboard
-Simple, elegant user interface
Chess Premium supports both 1 player and 2 player gameplay, so you can play against friends or test your skills against a challenging computer opponent.
Chess Premium includes a host of exciting features, including:
* Great graphics and exciting sound effects
* Configurable player names and score tracking
* Outstanding AI engine with configurable difficulty level
* Undo function if you accidentally hit the wrong square
* Automatically saves your game when you get a phone call or exit the application
If you're looking for a killer chess application for your Android device, check out Chess Premium today!
Are you a true chess Warrior?
Game Features Include:
* Interactive 3D, zoom and pan around board
* 2 Player board rotation. Place the Android device on the table like a real chess board!
* 99 AI difficulty settings, from easy to difficult.
* Timed games from 5 minutes to 59 minutes.
* 2nd camera mode to focus on the piece you are currently playing.
* Stuck?, use the move hint generation feature.
* Undo & Redo moves, even after Checkmate.
* Show all the moves for the current game
* Using Undo/Redo, walk through all the moves.
* Restart a completed game from any previous point and play again.
* Save & Load games, to be replayed / analysed or finished later
* "How to Play" chess tutorial showing all the moves
* Support for "Castling", "En Passant" and "Pawn Promotion"
More from developer
Please also try our Checkers and Reversi applications !!
The best Cross Platform chess (iOS / Android, online , multiplayer ) application.
Please visit our website if you have any questions, we have a FAQ area and will add to it as more questions appear over time. We also have a forum where we can communicate. http://hapticappsllc.com/
Tell your iOS friends! NOW Window Phone 8 as well.
Follow us on Twitter! @hapticapps
Cross Platform with iOS ( online , multiplayer )
Android Tablet Supported! In-Game Chat! Leaderboards! Friend Users! Rating System!
NOTE: Now select the time per move allowed. (1 -> 7 days)
Do you like chess? Do you have friends? Do you have friends that like chess? If you answered yes to any of these questions then Chess Time is FOR YOU!!!!
Chess Time allows you to play chess with your friends on the go and anywhere. Make a FREE ACCOUNT and invite them to a game! Don't have any friends? That's okay because you can select a random opponent. Chess Time sends push notifications so you will always be aware of your next moves. It even allows for you to chat with the other players! Download today FOR FREE!
- Play chess! online
- Play against your friends, multiplayer
- Game level chat!
- Account based!
- History of recent games played!
- Rating auto calculated.
- Export your game moves and share with a friend! Standard PGN format for us in PGN viewers.
Have friends with iPhones, iPods and iPads? Want to play chess with them? Tell them to get Chess Time on the App Store! ITS FREE!
So what on earth are these permission for?
Network state - Well its a internet chess game. Chess Time needs to talk with the internet in order to make and receive moves along with give you notifications.
Hardware controls - Simply for the selection of using vibration with notifications.
Storage - For offline/cached games Chess Time needs to store a little amount of data. Nothing to worry about if you do not have a lot of space to spare.
Reddit = HapticApps
- 3 new piece sets and 4 tile sets
Special thanks to foss @ the nurbs institute for these graphics.
- Options / Game Board Settings. Select the tlles and pieces you like.
Country code shows, fixing some crashes,
username/rating on the main screen,
Analyze enhancements .. show legal moves, show captured pieces.
-- In analyze, open the option menu to turn these on.
Local notification reminder if a game is due within 4 hours.
** We heard you *** :)
READ_PHONE_STATE is no more ... gone!
Thank you for playing Chess Time,
as always feel free to send us any suggestions.
184.108.40.206 - Fix for some crashes. Fix for analyze crash.
Made Flags larger in list of games.
Added ability to give opponent extended time on next move
(ex: if your friend is going on holiday with no internet access).
* UI changes, button colors, text box input fields, text color changes to make screens easier to read.
* List page performance enhancements, smother scrolling, less battery usage.
* More board tiles.
* White notification color.
* Removal of AppLovin advertiser
* Wake Lock option (Wont sleep if looking at the game board..optional)
* Screen Rotate lock option.
* More crash fixes (based on bug reports).
* Rating graph improved visually and has multiple date range settings.
ver 220.127.116.11 - Some bug fixes, performance fixes, reduced network usage of leaderboard
Play over 1000 find the checkmate games, ranging from mate in 1 problems to the more difficult mate in 3 problems.
* Email the FEN and screenshot of a game.
* Hint option available
* Analyze screen to help think out the positions.
0.91 - removed extra permission from app.
0.92 - fix to a few of the positions.
0.93 - added in-app to remove advertisements
0.94 - bug fixes