IMPORTANT, GMAIL USERS
To allow PGP Mail to access your GMail emails, you have to setting your GMail account. More info here: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255.
All data from PGP Mail are ciphered, including your account info.
PGP Mail is an Android application which combines a standard email client with a PGP encryption framework. With this unique application no need of getting bored managing several and complex applications. Everything has been centralized in a very intuitive way (much easier than computer solutions such as Thunderbird or Enigmail) in one single app.
OpenPGP safeguards your emails andprotects your privacy.
In order to seal the email content (either on your Android phone, on the mail server, on your computers and above all while sending over the internet), and make it incomprehensible for any intrusive person, OpenPGPciphers and signs both your emails and those of your correspondents (S/MIME, GPG, PGP MIME formats are supported). With a very convenient design, PGP encryption use can be activated by default for a subset of contacts orcan be set to remain optional.
All your emails are protected against the lost or the theft of your phone.
PGP Mail ensures this protection by fully encrypting any data that is stored by the app. Downloaded emails (even if they were not already encrypted by PGP), attached documents, contact lists (together with their PGP key when applicable), settings...
Rooting the device is not necessary for this application.
Unlike several apps, you do not need to have the root permissions to run this application. You just need to install the app, set your email account and PGP key, and you’re good to go! Fully protected! This is easy, intuitive, and it is what anyone is looking for.
Regarding emails, this app enables you :
- to set up your email account (automatic set up for famous email providers such as Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, Live, or any other IMAP, POP and SMTP accounts on top of SSL),
- to read, write, answer or delete emails,
- to have a glimpse of emails, by conversation,
- to see, create folders and drag-and-drop emails,
- to handle any type of received attached files ( for instance open them, and savethem in the external storage) and compose emails containing attached files,
- to delete emails,
- to PGP encrypt email.
Regarding PGP key management, the app enables you :
- to generate your own PGP keys (DSA Elgamal, DSA, RSA),
- to import your PGP key or PGP keys of your contacts via the system external storage (for instance with a text file from your email client software Thunderbird or Enigmail),
- to import PGP public key from an email attached file,
- to send your PGP public key by email, in an attached file,
- to export your PGP public and/or private key to the phone external storage (for instance in a text file that can be then imported by software such as Thunderbird and Enigmail),
- to export your contact public keys to the phone external storage (a file text that can then be imported in software such as Thunderbird or Enigmail).
Regarding PGP encryption, the app enables you:
- to encrypt-only, sign-only, or both encrypt and sign an email (for one or several recipients),
- to decrypt and/or validate an email signature as well as files that have been attached with PGP,
- regarding your contacts, the app enables you,
- to create/delete/modify internal PGP Mail contacts,
- to bind a contact with a PGP public key and choose a default encryption rule for the contact (always encrypt and sign emails for this recipient, never encrypt any email for this recipient,…),
- to import a contact list from the Android phone.
Regarding data encryption, this app enables you:
- to locally encrypt, on the phone itself, both your PGP and email settings, downloaded emails (together with their attached files), contact list, everything with a strong ciphering algorithm (AES algorithm),
- to modify the application password.
One App to manage email, sms and calls!
+ PGP encryption of emails
+ Search & Filter
+ Chat Mode (use EMail like SMS)
+ Call Recorder (check out free version first, if this is important for you!)
+ Tells what's going on using Android's speech engine
+ Sychronizes SMS/Calls from mobile to tablet/pc through your mailbox
+ Scheduler control
+ Multiple imap idle
+ Alarm function
+ Own address management
PLEASE CHECK FREE VERSION FIRST TO GO SURE YOUR DEVICE IS COMPATIBLE!
The MCC is, as the title suggests, far more than just an enhanced email client:
It brings together the 3 ways of mobile communication:
Email, SMS and Calls.
A thematic mapping of messages is done automatically after a single indication of the criterion: Contact or origin.
Topics can be free defined, the movement to server-side folders is done by the MMC also.
So the created order will be available at you PC's email client too, even SMS and phone call entries get uploaded, if you want so.
The Message Control Center is trimmed for efficiency:
The synchronization with your mailboxes is done in the background, your operation with the program is just as intuitive.
+ The overview of all news and topics is created 2 dimensional,
the constant changing of folders to view messages inside is obsolete!
+ An email conversation is simple as SMS: >> just type your reply and send,
where the change between call, SMS and email is possible at any time.
+ Widgets for the homescreen represent the current message status
and serve shortcuts to the several topics.
+ Encryption and decryption of emails (PGP) without a need of technical background
In addition, the Control Center offers some more convenient special functions:
+ Voice output:
With an intelligent summary the MCC will inform you by
Android speech about incoming messages.
That this is more than a nice gimmick, is clearly at the latest,
if your take, due to the announcement, the device NOT in your hand!
+ The MCC operates in so-called modes of operation:
For each mode of operation can be acoustic issues and accounts-call intervals
be adjusted. So it is not only possible subtle or no signals at "Meeting" set, but also
to restrict the retrieval of messages in "free time" to private accounts.
+ Scheduled control:
The changing from one operation mode to another, can be controled by the included scheduler:
Issues like "Daily by 23 clock: sleep" or "weekday from 17 clock: Leisure" are possible.
+ Alarm function:
By sending a codephrase like "house on fire" or "glass is empty" familiar people
are able to contact you even the mcc operates in sleep mode. Similar to an alarm clock,
MCC will stop vibrating, singing or beeping even after manual confirmation.
+ Your personal data are protected in a simple way:
The Message Control Center includes its own contact management, third-party apps have no access by default.
Of course this internal addressbook can be synchronized in whole or in parts with the Android's address book.
+ Little things on the side:
- Fast access to Public-Key Server by addressbook contacts
- Easy creation of new key pairs and autmatic publishing to Public-Key Server
- SSL / TLS encryption for secure communications with IMAP / SMTP
- 3D/Glanz/SW-Optik is not your thing? Colors and styles can be largely adapted to personal preferences!
- SMS client in thread view
- The voice acting is freely configurable: Create text with placeholders for subject, sender, SMS or E-mail Subject
- Up to 10 IMAP accounts and 99 folders can be easily processed simultaneously on a fairly new smartphone
- Export and import of address book and settings support installation on multiple devices
- MCC uses the Bouncy Castle Crypto API: www.bouncycastle.org
The MCC dies NOT transmit any information to the manufacturer or third parties, even in anonymised form.
SQLCipher is an SQLite extension that provides transparent 256-bit AES encryption of database files. To date, the core library has been open-sourced, sponsored and maintained by Zetetic LLC, and it was ported to Android in 2011 by the Guardian Project.
★ WE SPEAK YOUR LANGUAGE: NoteCipher is available for friends who speak: Catalan, (Català), English, French (Français), German (Deutsch), Norwegian (Bokmål), Spanish (Español), Turkish (Türkçe), and Vietnamese (Tiếng Việt).
Don’t see your language? Join us and help translate the app: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/notecipher/
***Please Report Bugs***
This is a big project, so bugs are inevitable. Help us improve this software by filing bug reports about any problem that you encounter. Feature requests are also welcome!
★ ABOUT US: Guardian Project is a group of developers that make secure mobile apps and open-source code for a better tomorrow.
★ OUR WEBSITE: https://GuardianProject.info.
★ CHAT WITH US: we want feedback! Find us on IRC: #guardianproject on freenode and oftc
★ ON TWITTER: https://twitter.com/guardianproject.
★ OPEN-SOURCE: Our code is transparent. You can take a look or join the community to help make Notecipher even better https://github.com/guardianproject/notecipher
★ FREE SOFTWARE: We operate under the GNU General Public License (GPLv3+)
Keep your data private: your personal data is not stored in the cloud. It is directly synchronized between your device and your desktop computer through a secure connection and never goes through any third-party server.
BirdieSync supports: contact photos, multiple address books and calendars, contact groups and categories, recurring events and alarms, ICS, calDAV, WCAP, Google Calendar types.
Note: this app requires BirdieSync on your PC (19.95 €). You can download a fully-functional version and try it out free for 21 days (only Windows is supported).
Please go to BirdieSync web site for more information:
Compatible with most CalDAV/CardDAV servers and services, including OwnCloud, iCloud and OS X Server!
After installing, you can add a DAVdroid account from within the app. See http://davdroid.bitfire.at/configuration for help.
⊛ Use DAV calendars (CalDAV) and address-books (CardDAV) in a single app
⊛ Two-way synchronization (server ↔ client)
⊛ Native Android 4+ implementation
⊛ Flawless integration with your device and favorite apps
⊛ Easy setup (resource auto-detection)
⊛ Fast algorithms for high performance (CTag/ETag support)
⊛ Optimized for phones and tablets
⊛ DAVdroid JB Workaround verfügbar
⊛ ... and finally – it's open source!
Important compatibility notes
For all Android 4.1 and all Samsung users: There's an Android bug that causes accounts to be lost after a device reboot. To avoid this issue, please install the free app "DAVdroid JB Workaround". Samsung users: The problem doesn't occur if you download DAVdroid using Samsung Store.
On some Android 4.4.2 devices, DAVdroid accounts will disappear after an app update. If you experience this issue, please install the free app "DAVdroid JB Workaround". Details: http://davdroid.bitfire.at/faq/entry/account-gone-after-updating
Galaxy S5 users: There are numerous reports that the Samsung Galaxy S5 (only affects Samsung original firmware) contact editor crashes when using it with third-party contacts providers (like DAVdroid or similar apps). Details and workarounds: http://davdroid.bitfire.at/faq/entry/galaxy-s5-contact-app-crashes
There are issues with some HTC firmwares and contact synchronisation: http://davdroid.bitfire.at/faq/entry/htc-contact-problems
DAVdroid must not be moved to the SD card! This will cause strange behaviour, including account and data loss.
If you're using self-signed certificates, you might find our free and open-source app CAdroid useful to import your certificate.
Get the best out of this app …
⊛ … when using with your own DAV server (Radicale, DAViCal, SabreDAV, Baikal, …) and HTTPS – so you own and control all your data while having the comfort of synchronization between various devices. Or use a hosted DAV service you trust or the one of your company.
⊛ … and combine it with Evolution / Lightning / etc. on your laptop / PC
Why is it secure?
⊛ Source code is available (see homepage)
⊛ No need for giving your contacts/calendars to Facebook, Google, etc. Use your own server (or a trusted one)!
⊛ SSL is recommended to protected your communication so synchronization is secure even when using open Wi-Fi networks.
Successfully tested with:
⊛ Apple's Calendar and Contacts Server
⊛ Apple iCloud
⊛ Mac OS X Server
⊛ Kerio Connect
⊛ Synology DSM
⊛ Yahoo (calendars only)
⊛ Zimbra Server (Community Edition)
HOW: Preview the attachment in the Gmail app (2.3.4 or earlier only).
It also works with Google Drive and K9mail apps.
Browse Folder app not included, but not required.
Reads your email to get the file name; CANNOT broadcast your email contents anyway.
At present, opening the app from Google Play doesn't work properly. Please open the app from your app menu. We'll upload a fix asap. Sorry for the inconvenience.
To get task support, please install this task app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.dmfs.tasks
Since version 0.4 CalDAV-Sync supports read-only sync of webcal ics feeds (via http & https).
Important note for Android 4.1 and Samsung users: To prevent the removal of your accounts on reboot install this app:
Although this issue seems to be fixed in Android 4.2 the workaround is still required on Samsung devices.
Please note that there is a new issue in Android 4.4: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=66905
It causes accounts to be removed when an app is updated. Installing the workaround app should help.
This app will create new calendars on your device (one for each calendar on your server account).
Get support and news via Twitter https://twitter.com/dmfs_org
Please send me an email if you find a bug. Without detailed error description I often can't do anything especially when I can't reproduce it. It's also possible that your server has a bug that CalDAV-Sync can not (yet) tolerate or work around. If you report bugs I can fix them quickly and everyone will benefit.
It is tested and works with
- OSX/iCal Server
- Oracle Beehive
- many more, see http://dmfs.org/wiki/ for a list of all servers reported to work
Note to Yahoo!® users: Due to the many issues on Yahoo!'s servers, Yahoo! is no longer officially supported by this app.
Note to Free.fr users: Free.fr doesn't support CalDAV. However you should be able to sync your free.fr calendar one-way using the Webcal option.
After the installation got to "Settings" > "Accounts & Sync" and create a new Account.
If there is no calendar installed on your device, go to my website and install CalendarProvider.apk and Calendar.apk (FroYo and Gingerbread only)
Once this app reaches version 1.0, I'll make it open source.
See http://dmfs.org/wiki/index.php?title=Open_source_status for details on the open source status.
* task support (you'll need this task app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.dmfs.tasks)
* basic support for self-signed certificates
* supports SNI (needs Android 2.3 and newer)
* supports client certificate authentication (Only Android 4.0 and 4.2 and newer, doesn't work on Android 4.1 yet)
* any number of CalDAV-accounts supported
* automatic calendar discovery (works for most servers)
* supports OAuth2.0 authentication for Google accounts
* syncs multiple alarms
* loads calendar colors from servers if available
* sync multiple calendars per account
* full support for time zones
* encrypts passwords in local database
* supports webcal ics feeds (read-only)
* initial support for attachments (Android 4.1 or newer, doesn't work with all calendars apps)
* Dutch, English, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Polish, Russian translations
The application includes the month view shown in the first screenshot below which enables you to gain an overview of your schedule. Swipe to go to the previous or next month. Press on a day and obtain a list of your events (see second screenshot). Navigate from there to the previous or next day. Press any event to view details, delete, or edit the event. Add new events to any of your calendars. Any changes are synced immediately to your calendar server if you are online. If not, the application waits until you are online and then syncs. During a sync, events are exchanged in both directions, so any changes to events on your server are also downloaded to your phone.
Other features of the app include:
support for complicated recurring events
support for event attachments
support for custom event properties
choice of any desired color for your calendars
integration with phone services
6. email reminders and notifications
If you use Kalendi, you can add custom properties to your events including: phone numbers, addresses, emails, and websites (see third screenshot). Press on a phone number custom property and the number is dialed; Press on a web site and the site is loaded into the phone’s browser; Press on an email and you can compose an email to that address; Press on an address and it is displayed in Google Maps.
The application also supports event reminders. There are two types: email and notification. You can choose to receive either or both of these types. Notification reminders are received through the normal Notification mechanism on your mobile device. Email reminders are sent by your calendar server.
PLEASE NOTE: This application requires the free KalendiAPI application to work. Please download KalendiAPI separately.
For more information, please go to:
where you can find information about the Android application and about Kalendi.
Which key rings have you certified, and which key owners have vouched for the key rings you currently hold? What trust have you accorded to them, and what relevance does it have?
Decide for yourself.
* Create, certify, revoke, and delete key rings
* Encrypt, sign, verify, and decrypt files and text messages
* Search, Import, and Export to key servers
* Add/Remove key servers
* Add user IDs and subkeys
* Change primary user ID
* Revoke key rings, subkeys and certifications
* Change key expiration and password
* Assign nicknames to key owners
* Assign trust to key owners
* Set your own policy for key validation
* Navigate your Web of Trust
* Remembers password of most recently used encrypting/decrypting key for 15 minutes after last use
* Auto-lookup of unknown signing keys
* Import key rings from File, Key Server, or Bluetooth
* Export key rings to File, Key Server, Mail, or Bluetooth
* Integrates seamlessly with the Squeaky Mail email client
With PGP KeyRing for Android, you can easily certify and exchange key rings and continually expand your Web of Trust.
Many thanks to Isildo Mendes for the Portuguese translation!
PGP KeyRing conducts strict tests on the contents of the key rings you import. All assertions - user ids and email addresses, subkeys, certifications, and revocations - are thoroughly verified. Are the digital signatures backing these claims valid? If the answer is "no" for any portion of a key ring you attempt to import, it is rejected in its entirety. You can therefore be sure that any key ring accepted into PGP KeyRing was not tampered with en route to you and is perfectly genuine.
For this reason, third party certifications (for example, by your friends) will only be recognized if the certifier's public certificate has also been imported. Access to the certifier's public key the only way PGP KeyRing can be sure the certification is actually genuine.
PGP KeyRing works with HKP key servers. This is why you can add them freely. In general, HKP key servers are available on port 11371. More information should be available on the web.
PGP KeyRing can be used seamlessly by Squeaky Mail to send and receive encrypted messages. No manual jumping between apps required. Squeaky Mail is based entirely on the popular, open source email client K-9 Mail.
PRIVACY: PGP KeyRing stores your private keys - encrypted using a block cipher algorithm and protected by your password - locally on the phone. They are only ever used to perform the encryption operations YOU have specified. They are NEVER transferred off the phone. (The Internet permission is used to access Key Servers and the help page.) In fact, if you try and export your private keys by Mail or Bluetooth, PGP KeyRing will only transfer your public keys. Secret keys can only be exported to FILE locally on the phone. You decide what happens from there. Similarly, PGP KeyRing does not collect metrics on how you use the app, nor does it transmit any information related to your identity.
These attachment names usually occour, when somebody who is using a Microsoft Outlook EMail client sends you an certain RTF (rich text format) email with attachments. MS Outlook then packs these attachments into a TNEF (Transport-Neutral Encapsulation Format) envelope. Other MS Outlook Clients can deal with this format, but, however, most of the other email clients cannot! They will receive instead an attachment with the above mentioned naming and can basically do nothing with it.
While this is a well known (and annoying) circumstance there are already plug-ins for many open email clients such as Mozilla Thunderbird. For Android however there seemed to be nothing (and I have been doing quite some research on it).
So I finally decided to write my own app to deal with TNEF attachments. Luckily there was already an existing Java package which could do the extraction job so that I "only" had to create the Android app around it and do some debugging on the original code. My kudos here go to Amichai Rothman for his Java TNEF package (http://www.freeutils.net/source/jtnef/)!!
I originally created this application for my own purposes but then I thought it is worth while sharing it with the community. It is already bi-lingual (english and localized to german) and should get its job done.
The app itself registers as a handler for *.dat or *.DAT files and for email attachments. When you e.g. try to open a "winmail.dat" attachment from within your Android email client or a "winmail.dat" file with your file browser the app should be launched or you see a chooser box where you can select this app. When you do so you will see an alert box. When you press "Ok" the app will try to extract the contents of "winmail.dat" to a local folder. The default for this folder is "/sdcard/winmail". After it has successfully completed the extraction the app leaves a notification. When you open the the notification it will show you the contents of the target folder in another alert box. You can then use any file manager to browser to the target directory to access the real attachments out of the "winmail.dat" envelope.
If you launch the app directly it will present you a setup screen with some explanation on it and the possibility to specify your own target directory to where the extracted files should go. Furthermore, the check boy allows you to decide whether each attachment / file should be extracted to an own subdirectory.
The only system privileges that the app acquires upon installation are to be able to write to the external storage (sdcard) and to read from Google Mail.
Then give PGP SMS "writing sms" permissions.
- secure sms transmission with asymmetric encryption
- totaly over sms
- public-key infrastructure (PKI)
- comfortable and easy use
If you want to share sensitive data with someone, others should not be able to spy the data. To reach this goal we created this app.
With this app, an attacker, who probably intercepted the sms to get its content, cannot get any information from the content because he can not do anything with the encrypted text.
A Keypair is created.
With the Public Key you encrypt a message.
With the Private Key you decrypt an encrypted message.
You send your Public Key to the person which wants to send you an encrypted message. The person encrypts the message with your Public Key and sends the encrypted Message to you. ONLY YOU can decrypt the encrypted Message with your Private Key.
Instruction to send encrypted messages:
- your friend shares you his public key
- now you can send him an encrypted message
Instruction to get encrypted messages
- create a keypair if you dont have one
- share your public key to the person which wants to send you an encrypted message.
If you have suggestions, feel free to contact us. :)
tags: privacy, encryption, private, public, keys, secure, sms, secure sms, pgp, gpg, message, crypted, encrypted, secret, encoded, decoded, anti, prism.
Any problems? Feel free to contact me.
Attention: Currently some cyanogenmod nightlies have an error while sending multipart sms messages.
There some advanced features for the contacts export, you can choose a delimiter for the fields, what character the line ends with, linux or windows style. What encoding must be used, this can be proven usefull when having languages with special characters.
The CSV file made will always be available on your phone, only the contacts export will give you the option to pick this location.
Beta Test Community: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/105476415243131869942
- Phone Addressbook CSV export
- SMS export, this will export your SMS messages to a CSV file.
* Custom Filename
* Custom delimiter
* Filter from and to date
* Make SMS export more human readable feature.
* Email exported file
- Call log export, this will export all the phone calls you made and the incoming call you received.
* Pick from two formats: Raw minimal or and toggl.
* Filter contacts group
* Filter from and to date
* Customize date format used
* Email exported file
If you want better integration with your software, please mail us the details.
Also if you want on the Beta Release list send a mail to email@example.com
The Simplenote experience is all about speed and efficiency. Open it, write some thoughts, and you're done. As your collection of notes grows, you can search them instantly and keep them organized with tags and pins.
The best way to learn about Simplenote is to try it. Once you're up and running, visit simplenote.com to download it on other devices and start accessing your notes everywhere.
OLIVEMAIL Mail is based on Open source projects which named K9-Mai an open-source e-mail client with search, IMAP push email, multi-folder sync, flagging, filing, signatures, bcc-self, PGP, mail on SD & more!
* Email pushed automatically to your phone
* Search all your messages
* Rich text edit
* Insert picture in text
* Access synched messages when off line
* View messages by conversation
* Multiple Gmail accounts
* Stars, labels, and many other features
- Synchronize all your data
Syncs with Windows version of EssentialPIM Free and EssentialPIM Pro. Synchronization with Google Tasks is also available.
- Powerful calendar views
Colorful, easy-to-read day, week, month, year and agenda views. Support for customized categories.
- Hierarchical to do structure
Flexible structure that organizes tasks into multiple trees, with sub trees and leafs.
- Tree-like multilevel notes structure
Multiple views allow very quick notes management and location of data.
- Conveniently organized contacts
Wide selection of fields and unlimited number of contact groups. Each contact can be assigned to several groups.
- Secure passwords list
Self-locking mechanism offers safe and convenient way to store all your passwords and other sensitive data.
- Beautiful and functional widgets (some of them available through in-app purchase)
Make use of Calendar (agenda and month views), To Do and quick add new EPIM items widgets. Place shortcuts for EPIM modules on the home screen for quicker access.
- Password protect the whole app
Keep your personal information safe and secure in EssentialPIM, lock it down with a password. Data is encrypted with a random 256-bit AES key.
- Intuitive user interface
Offers fast and responsive user interface that closely resembles Windows version of EPIM for better adaptation. Android dark and light themes included.
- Translated in 20 languages
Thanks to our volunteers, EssentialPIM is now available in English, Belorussian, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Turkish and Vietnamese languages. See the about translation section below to become a part of the community.
- Includes Calendar (day, week, month, year and agenda views), To Do (hierarchical structure), Notes (tree-like multilevel structure), Contacts (groups and unlimited custom fields) and Passwords (secure, self-locking mechanism) modules
- Fast and responsive user interface with dark and light themes
- Customizable widgets (calendar month and agenda views, to do, quick add new items, modules shortcuts)
- Flawless synchronization with Win EPIM works over Wi-Fi, cellular networks (3G, LTE), Bluetooth or USB cable
- Available in 16 languages
- Ads free
EssentialPIM Pro (paid version) exclusive features:
- Beautiful Calendar (agenda and month views) and To Do widgets
- Ability to show to dos in calendar
- Password protect the whole app
Support and feedback:
If you are looking for help or have any questions or ideas, please contact us by tapping on the Send feedback link in Settings->About or using the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seeing EssentialPIM not being fully translated into your language? We would like to invite you to take part in the translation process. It’s easy and fun. And if you aren’t ready to do translation just yet, you can still review the existing one for mistakes. Please contact us at email@example.com and we will reply back with an invite.
As a token of appreciation, all active contributors get free EssentialPIM Pro Android and Windows version licenses.
- Your personal information: used only if you set up synchronization with Windows version of EssentialPIM
- Your accounts: will only be used if you set up synchronization of To Dos with Google Tasks
- Phone calls: determines whether the app is able to send/receive synchronization data to/from Windows version of EssentialPIM