IMPORTANT, GMAIL USERS
To allow PGP Mail to access your GMail emails, you have to setting your GMail account. More info here: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255.
All data from PGP Mail are ciphered, including your account info.
PGP Mail is an Android application which combines a standard email client with a PGP encryption framework. With this unique application no need of getting bored managing several and complex applications. Everything has been centralized in a very intuitive way (much easier than computer solutions such as Thunderbird or Enigmail) in one single app.
OpenPGP safeguards your emails andprotects your privacy.
In order to seal the email content (either on your Android phone, on the mail server, on your computers and above all while sending over the internet), and make it incomprehensible for any intrusive person, OpenPGPciphers and signs both your emails and those of your correspondents (S/MIME, GPG, PGP MIME formats are supported). With a very convenient design, PGP encryption use can be activated by default for a subset of contacts orcan be set to remain optional.
All your emails are protected against the lost or the theft of your phone.
PGP Mail ensures this protection by fully encrypting any data that is stored by the app. Downloaded emails (even if they were not already encrypted by PGP), attached documents, contact lists (together with their PGP key when applicable), settings...
Rooting the device is not necessary for this application.
Unlike several apps, you do not need to have the root permissions to run this application. You just need to install the app, set your email account and PGP key, and you’re good to go! Fully protected! This is easy, intuitive, and it is what anyone is looking for.
Regarding emails, this app enables you :
- to set up your email account (automatic set up for famous email providers such as Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, Live, or any other IMAP, POP and SMTP accounts on top of SSL),
- to read, write, answer or delete emails,
- to have a glimpse of emails, by conversation,
- to see, create folders and drag-and-drop emails,
- to handle any type of received attached files ( for instance open them, and savethem in the external storage) and compose emails containing attached files,
- to delete emails,
- to PGP encrypt email.
Regarding PGP key management, the app enables you :
- to generate your own PGP keys (DSA Elgamal, DSA, RSA),
- to import your PGP key or PGP keys of your contacts via the system external storage (for instance with a text file from your email client software Thunderbird or Enigmail),
- to import PGP public key from an email attached file,
- to send your PGP public key by email, in an attached file,
- to export your PGP public and/or private key to the phone external storage (for instance in a text file that can be then imported by software such as Thunderbird and Enigmail),
- to export your contact public keys to the phone external storage (a file text that can then be imported in software such as Thunderbird or Enigmail).
Regarding PGP encryption, the app enables you:
- to encrypt-only, sign-only, or both encrypt and sign an email (for one or several recipients),
- to decrypt and/or validate an email signature as well as files that have been attached with PGP,
- regarding your contacts, the app enables you,
- to create/delete/modify internal PGP Mail contacts,
- to bind a contact with a PGP public key and choose a default encryption rule for the contact (always encrypt and sign emails for this recipient, never encrypt any email for this recipient,…),
- to import a contact list from the Android phone.
Regarding data encryption, this app enables you:
- to locally encrypt, on the phone itself, both your PGP and email settings, downloaded emails (together with their attached files), contact list, everything with a strong ciphering algorithm (AES algorithm),
- to modify the application password.
SQLCipher is an SQLite extension that provides transparent 256-bit AES encryption of database files. To date, the core library has been open-sourced, sponsored and maintained by Zetetic LLC, and it was ported to Android in 2011 by the Guardian Project.
★ WE SPEAK YOUR LANGUAGE: NoteCipher is available for friends who speak: Catalan, (Català), English, French (Français), German (Deutsch), Norwegian (Bokmål), Spanish (Español), Turkish (Türkçe), and Vietnamese (Tiếng Việt).
Don’t see your language? Join us and help translate the app: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/notecipher/
***Please Report Bugs***
This is a big project, so bugs are inevitable. Help us improve this software by filing bug reports about any problem that you encounter. Feature requests are also welcome!
★ ABOUT US: Guardian Project is a group of developers that make secure mobile apps and open-source code for a better tomorrow.
★ OUR WEBSITE: https://GuardianProject.info.
★ CHAT WITH US: we want feedback! Find us on IRC: #guardianproject on freenode and oftc
★ ON TWITTER: https://twitter.com/guardianproject.
★ OPEN-SOURCE: Our code is transparent. You can take a look or join the community to help make Notecipher even better https://github.com/guardianproject/notecipher
★ FREE SOFTWARE: We operate under the GNU General Public License (GPLv3+)
Which key rings have you certified, and which key owners have vouched for the key rings you currently hold? What trust have you accorded to them, and what relevance does it have?
Decide for yourself.
* Create, certify, revoke, and delete key rings
* Encrypt, sign, verify, and decrypt files and text messages
* Search, Import, and Export to key servers
* Add/Remove key servers
* Add user IDs and subkeys
* Change primary user ID
* Revoke key rings, subkeys and certifications
* Change key expiration and password
* Assign nicknames to key owners
* Assign trust to key owners
* Set your own policy for key validation
* Navigate your Web of Trust
* Remembers password of most recently used encrypting/decrypting key for 15 minutes after last use
* Auto-lookup of unknown signing keys
* Import key rings from File, Key Server, or Bluetooth
* Export key rings to File, Key Server, Mail, or Bluetooth
* Integrates seamlessly with the Squeaky Mail email client
With PGP KeyRing for Android, you can easily certify and exchange key rings and continually expand your Web of Trust.
Many thanks to Isildo Mendes for the Portuguese translation!
PGP KeyRing conducts strict tests on the contents of the key rings you import. All assertions - user ids and email addresses, subkeys, certifications, and revocations - are thoroughly verified. Are the digital signatures backing these claims valid? If the answer is "no" for any portion of a key ring you attempt to import, it is rejected in its entirety. You can therefore be sure that any key ring accepted into PGP KeyRing was not tampered with en route to you and is perfectly genuine.
For this reason, third party certifications (for example, by your friends) will only be recognized if the certifier's public certificate has also been imported. Access to the certifier's public key the only way PGP KeyRing can be sure the certification is actually genuine.
PGP KeyRing works with HKP key servers. This is why you can add them freely. In general, HKP key servers are available on port 11371. More information should be available on the web.
PGP KeyRing can be used seamlessly by Squeaky Mail to send and receive encrypted messages. No manual jumping between apps required. Squeaky Mail is based entirely on the popular, open source email client K-9 Mail.
PRIVACY: PGP KeyRing stores your private keys - encrypted using a block cipher algorithm and protected by your password - locally on the phone. They are only ever used to perform the encryption operations YOU have specified. They are NEVER transferred off the phone. (The Internet permission is used to access Key Servers and the help page.) In fact, if you try and export your private keys by Mail or Bluetooth, PGP KeyRing will only transfer your public keys. Secret keys can only be exported to FILE locally on the phone. You decide what happens from there. Similarly, PGP KeyRing does not collect metrics on how you use the app, nor does it transmit any information related to your identity.
One App to manage email, sms and calls!
+ PGP encryption of emails
+ Search & Filter
+ Chat Mode (use EMail like SMS)
+ Call Recorder (check out free version first, if this is important for you!)
+ Tells what's going on using Android's speech engine
+ Sychronizes SMS/Calls from mobile to tablet/pc through your mailbox
+ Scheduler control
+ Multiple imap idle
+ Alarm function
+ Own address management
PLEASE CHECK FREE VERSION FIRST TO GO SURE YOUR DEVICE IS COMPATIBLE!
The MCC is, as the title suggests, far more than just an enhanced email client:
It brings together the 3 ways of mobile communication:
Email, SMS and Calls.
A thematic mapping of messages is done automatically after a single indication of the criterion: Contact or origin.
Topics can be free defined, the movement to server-side folders is done by the MMC also.
So the created order will be available at you PC's email client too, even SMS and phone call entries get uploaded, if you want so.
The Message Control Center is trimmed for efficiency:
The synchronization with your mailboxes is done in the background, your operation with the program is just as intuitive.
+ The overview of all news and topics is created 2 dimensional,
the constant changing of folders to view messages inside is obsolete!
+ An email conversation is simple as SMS: >> just type your reply and send,
where the change between call, SMS and email is possible at any time.
+ Widgets for the homescreen represent the current message status
and serve shortcuts to the several topics.
+ Encryption and decryption of emails (PGP) without a need of technical background
In addition, the Control Center offers some more convenient special functions:
+ Voice output:
With an intelligent summary the MCC will inform you by
Android speech about incoming messages.
That this is more than a nice gimmick, is clearly at the latest,
if your take, due to the announcement, the device NOT in your hand!
+ The MCC operates in so-called modes of operation:
For each mode of operation can be acoustic issues and accounts-call intervals
be adjusted. So it is not only possible subtle or no signals at "Meeting" set, but also
to restrict the retrieval of messages in "free time" to private accounts.
+ Scheduled control:
The changing from one operation mode to another, can be controled by the included scheduler:
Issues like "Daily by 23 clock: sleep" or "weekday from 17 clock: Leisure" are possible.
+ Alarm function:
By sending a codephrase like "house on fire" or "glass is empty" familiar people
are able to contact you even the mcc operates in sleep mode. Similar to an alarm clock,
MCC will stop vibrating, singing or beeping even after manual confirmation.
+ Your personal data are protected in a simple way:
The Message Control Center includes its own contact management, third-party apps have no access by default.
Of course this internal addressbook can be synchronized in whole or in parts with the Android's address book.
+ Little things on the side:
- Fast access to Public-Key Server by addressbook contacts
- Easy creation of new key pairs and autmatic publishing to Public-Key Server
- SSL / TLS encryption for secure communications with IMAP / SMTP
- 3D/Glanz/SW-Optik is not your thing? Colors and styles can be largely adapted to personal preferences!
- SMS client in thread view
- The voice acting is freely configurable: Create text with placeholders for subject, sender, SMS or E-mail Subject
- Up to 10 IMAP accounts and 99 folders can be easily processed simultaneously on a fairly new smartphone
- Export and import of address book and settings support installation on multiple devices
- MCC uses the Bouncy Castle Crypto API: www.bouncycastle.org
The MCC dies NOT transmit any information to the manufacturer or third parties, even in anonymised form.
Then give PGP SMS "writing sms" permissions.
- secure sms transmission with asymmetric encryption
- totaly over sms
- public-key infrastructure (PKI)
- comfortable and easy use
If you want to share sensitive data with someone, others should not be able to spy the data. To reach this goal we created this app.
With this app, an attacker, who probably intercepted the sms to get its content, cannot get any information from the content because he can not do anything with the encrypted text.
A Keypair is created.
With the Public Key you encrypt a message.
With the Private Key you decrypt an encrypted message.
You send your Public Key to the person which wants to send you an encrypted message. The person encrypts the message with your Public Key and sends the encrypted Message to you. ONLY YOU can decrypt the encrypted Message with your Private Key.
Instruction to send encrypted messages:
- your friend shares you his public key
- now you can send him an encrypted message
Instruction to get encrypted messages
- create a keypair if you dont have one
- share your public key to the person which wants to send you an encrypted message.
If you have suggestions, feel free to contact us. :)
tags: privacy, encryption, private, public, keys, secure, sms, secure sms, pgp, gpg, message, crypted, encrypted, secret, encoded, decoded, anti, prism.
Any problems? Feel free to contact me.
Attention: Currently some cyanogenmod nightlies have an error while sending multipart sms messages.
HOW: Preview the attachment in the Gmail app (2.3.4 or earlier only).
It also works with Google Drive and K9mail apps.
Browse Folder app not included, but not required.
Reads your email to get the file name; CANNOT broadcast your email contents anyway.
With the rise in popularity of internet shopping and banking, it has become necessary to have multiple passwords and usernames, which are impossible to remember. With Encripta you can confidently save all your passwords, banking access codes, credit card details and internet logins on your mobile device, protected by one master password.
• Encripta is an ultra secure password and data storage manager designed by security experts to exceed banking industry standards. As a professional security product the emphasis has been placed on maximising your data security and minimising the gimmicks.
• Encripta is registered with the U.S. Department of Commerce - Bureau of Industry and Security. We are also members of the BSA (British Security Association) and ISSA (Information Systems Security Association)
• All information is securely encrypted using 256 bit AES encryption as used by governments and the Military for the storage of Classified, and Secret documents. This means that if your device was ever lost, stolen or sent in for repair, your encrypted information will remain private and confidential. The ultra secure multi-layer encryption renders your data unreadable……even to us.
• Private information such as passwords, credit card details, banking information and web logins are stored in a logical and easy to use format with predefined templates for the most popular categories. Additional categories can be easily added to suit your exact requirements.
• Your encrypted data is ring-fenced. This means that your data cannot be captured or viewed while you are connected to the internet.
• A specialised keyboard interface ensures that keystrokes cannot be captured, and keystrokes are immediately deleted from memory.
• Copy and paste functions are disallowed as this information is stored in your device memory and could potentially be captured.
• An auto lock feature locks the application after a preset time to ensure protection.
• An auto destruct feature can be set to destroy data when a predetermined number of incorrect passwords are entered.
• The latest credit card banking protocols have been included. Encripta saves your credit card internet passwords with a number above each letter. When prompted for example for the 1st, 3rd and 6th letters of your password, Encripta will show the 1st, 3rd and 6th letters of your password.
• Encripta has a secure website launch facility which enables one touch entry to your favourite websites from within Encripta. This creates a seamless, secure shopping and banking experience.
• Backing up your data is easy with our secure Cloud server utilising 256 bit encryption. This allows you to easily and safely back up your data as well as move your information to a new device. The multi-platform design allows you to migrate between Apple, Windows 8 and other devices while retaining the ability to back up and retrieve your data.
• Supported by trained support staff to assist you 24/7.
• Now available in 6 languages including English, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish and Italian.
supported contacts csv formats:
- Outlook (outlook 2003,2007, 2010, hotmail, eudora, Opera mail, gmail, lotus notes)
- Mozilla thunderbird
- Windows Live Mail 2011
- Incredimail 2.0
- sd disk or phone location
- field delimiter can be set
- end of line character can be set
- you can choose the encoding
- customize the android fields with the export field
pro vs free:
- no advertisements
- no need for network access and state
- no usage statistics are being stored
At present, opening the app from Google Play doesn't work properly. Please open the app from your app menu. We'll upload a fix asap. Sorry for the inconvenience.
To get task support, please install this task app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.dmfs.tasks
Since version 0.4 CalDAV-Sync supports read-only sync of webcal ics feeds (via http & https).
Important note for Android 4.1 and Samsung users: To prevent the removal of your accounts on reboot install this app:
Although this issue seems to be fixed in Android 4.2 the workaround is still required on Samsung devices.
Please note that there is a new issue in Android 4.4: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=66905
It causes accounts to be removed when an app is updated. Installing the workaround app should help.
This app will create new calendars on your device (one for each calendar on your server account).
Get support and news via Twitter https://twitter.com/dmfs_org
Please send me an email if you find a bug. Without detailed error description I often can't do anything especially when I can't reproduce it. It's also possible that your server has a bug that CalDAV-Sync can not (yet) tolerate or work around. If you report bugs I can fix them quickly and everyone will benefit.
It is tested and works with
- OSX/iCal Server
- Oracle Beehive
- many more, see http://dmfs.org/wiki/ for a list of all servers reported to work
Note to Yahoo!® users: Due to the many issues on Yahoo!'s servers, Yahoo! is no longer officially supported by this app.
Note to Free.fr users: Free.fr doesn't support CalDAV. However you should be able to sync your free.fr calendar one-way using the Webcal option.
After the installation got to "Settings" > "Accounts & Sync" and create a new Account.
If there is no calendar installed on your device, go to my website and install CalendarProvider.apk and Calendar.apk (FroYo and Gingerbread only)
Once this app reaches version 1.0, I'll make it open source.
See http://dmfs.org/wiki/index.php?title=Open_source_status for details on the open source status.
* task support (you'll need this task app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.dmfs.tasks)
* basic support for self-signed certificates
* supports SNI (needs Android 2.3 and newer)
* supports client certificate authentication (Only Android 4.0 and 4.2 and newer, doesn't work on Android 4.1 yet)
* any number of CalDAV-accounts supported
* automatic calendar discovery (works for most servers)
* supports OAuth2.0 authentication for Google accounts
* syncs multiple alarms
* loads calendar colors from servers if available
* sync multiple calendars per account
* full support for time zones
* encrypts passwords in local database
* supports webcal ics feeds (read-only)
* initial support for attachments (Android 4.1 or newer, doesn't work with all calendars apps)
* Dutch, English, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Polish, Russian translations
Look up exported customer contacts. Works with programs that export a contact list to text or CSV files(like Quickbooks or Outlook). Query 1000s of records quickly. Does not allow editing from phone. Does not work with XML (yet).
FEATURE REQUESTS WELCOME. If your exported contacts do not display well, email me a sample.
needs permission to read phone state for caller-id feature to work.
Keep your data private: your personal data is not stored in the cloud. It is directly synchronized between your device and your desktop computer through a secure connection and never goes through any third-party server.
BirdieSync supports: contact photos, multiple address books and calendars, contact groups and categories, recurring events and alarms, ICS, calDAV, WCAP, Google Calendar types.
Note: this app requires BirdieSync on your PC (19.95 €). You can download a fully-functional version and try it out free for 21 days (only Windows is supported).
Please go to BirdieSync web site for more information:
GPG provides an integrated experience, so clicking on OpenPGP files "just works". You can also share files to GPG to decrypt, encrypt, sign, or verify them. GPG will respond when you click on a OpenPGP fingerprint URL (one that starts with openpgp4fpr:). GPG also gives you complete command line access to the entire GnuPG suite of encryption software.
Before using GPG, be sure to launch the app and let it finish its installation process. Once it has completed, then you're ready to use it!
If you want to use the command line, the easiest way to get started with GPG is to install Android Terminal Emulator. GPG will automatically configure Android Terminal Emulator as long as you have the "Allow PATH extensions" settings enabled. Get the Android Terminal Emulator at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jackpal.androidterm
CyanogenMod Privacy Guard must be disabled for this app to work!
★ TRUSTED SECURITY: GnuPG already seamlessly integrates into Mac OSX (GPGtools), Windows (gpg4win), GNU/Linux, Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora.
★ OPEN STANDARD COMPLIANT: Full OpenPGP implementation following RFC2440 and RFC4880
★ PUBLIC KEY ENCRYPTION: Full interoperable replacement of the proprietary Pretty Good Privacy (PGP) standard.
★ BROAD ALGORITHM LANDSCAPE: Supports 3DES, AES, Blowfish, CAST5, DSA, ElGamal, MD5, RSA, RIPDE-MD-160, SHA-1, TIGER, and Twofish.
★ CONFIRMED SECURITY: Italian Police, the FBI, and British police have been unable to crack its security and have resorted to demanding private keys. It’s been likened as “the closest you’re likely to get to military-grade encryption” by cryptographer Bruce Schneier.
★ KEYSERVER SUPPORT: Integrated support for HKP keyservers (ipv4.pool.sks-keyservers.net).
★ WE SPEAK YOUR LANGUAGE: GPG is available for friends who speak: العربية, čeština, Deutsch, English, español, suomi, français, magyar, italiano, 日本語, latviešu valoda, Nederlands, Norsk, ਪੰਜਾਬੀ, polski, português, português do Brasil, Русский, slovenčina, slovenščina, svenska, Türkçe,Tiếng Việt, 中文(简体), 中文(台灣)
Don’t see your language? Join us and help translate the app: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/gpg
***Please Report Bugs***
This is a big project, so there will inevitably be bugs. Help us improve this software by filing bug reports about any problem that you encounter. Feature requests are also welcome!
★ SECURITY FOR APPS: We have an API in the works so that developers can easily embed this into any app to give it state of the art security features.
★ GUI: We’re developing a new Android experience for using encryption
★ ABOUT US: Guardian Project is a group of developers that make secure mobile apps and open-source code for a better tomorrow.
★ OUR WEBSITE: https://GuardianProject.info
★ CHAT WITH US: we want feedback! https://guardianproject.info/contact
★ ON TWITTER: https://twitter.com/guardianproject
★ OPEN-SOURCE: Our code is transparent. You can take a look or join the community to help make GnuPG for Android even better https://github.com/guardianproject/gnupg-for-android
★ FREE SOFTWARE: We operate under the GNU General Public License (GPLv3+) https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html
Modern encryption is based on digital “keys”. OpenKeychain stores and manages your keys, and those of the people you communicate with, on your Android. It also helps you find others’ keys online, and interchange keys by touching devices. But its most frequent use is in using those keys to encrypt and decrypt messages.
OpenKeychain integrates with
• K-9 Mail
• and many more…
OpenKeychain is designed to be trustworthy. It’s Free Software with no secrets; anyone can examine and validate every bit of it.
• Full network access: To query keyservers
• Near Field Communication: To exchange keys via NFC; Yubikey NEO support
• Storage: To import/export keys from sd card
• Identity/Contact: To pre-fill name, email, and search queries; integration with Android's contacts
Symantec PGP Viewer decrypts, verifies, and displays PGP-encrypted text on devices running Google Android™ software. It complements an enterprise strategy for email encryption and provides mobile users with the ability to access their messages and attachments anywhere, even when offline. Users access their emails through the standard Android mail app, eliminating the need for alternative mail client software or access to the web to read messages.
By using encrypted email, organizations can ensure that no unauthorized users can access encrypted sensitive email on the device. It ensures that the information stays protected until it is decrypted, no matter where it goes, even if the device is lost or stolen.
• Decrypt messages encoded in the OpenPGP format
• Decrypt attachments, such as email attachments and PGP/MIME messages
• Verify digital signatures, to ensure that the message has not been tampered
• View messages to see the content
PGP Viewer is a part of the email encryption product family available from Symantec. The email encryption family includes options for desktop email (on Apple Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows systems), gateway email encryption, and mobile devices (including Apple iOS devices).
Important Information Before Installing:
Symantec Encryption Management Server provides user administration and key management for enterprise deployments of this application. Users must enroll with a Symantec Encryption Management Server for administrative services and to load credentials into the devices. This feature helps organizations stay in control of their Android device usage with their encrypted email environment and ensure that usage adhere to corporate policy.
This application does not support a standalone mode for key management, and will not work with self-generated keys.
In addition, organizations using end-to-end email encryption must have Symantec Desktop Email Encryption from Symantec installed on their workstation to access encrypted messages on their primary computer. Your email administrator will need to provide you with the details for one of the following methods in order to enroll with Symantec Encryption Management Server.
1) Auto Setup: In order to use Auto Setup, your email administrator must provide you with a configuration file via email. This file will allow you to complete the enrollment process without typing in most of the details.
2) Manual Setup: This process requires entering the hostname of the Symantec Encryption Management Server, along with your username and password. If your organization uses a proxy, this information is necessary as well.
It is used in our Hackerspace ChaosChemnitz (Germany) to open and close the door without the need of a “real” key.
This app is free software. You can modify and redistribute it under the terms of the MIT license.
The sourcecode and additional information is available here:
The app is now translatable, please let me know if you want to translate.
**You must be a paid Silent Circle subscriber to use this app.**
When a Silent Circle subscriber makes a phone call or video chats with another Silent Circle subscriber, that transmission is encrypted end-to-end from your own mobile device.
• Video/voice capability similar to Face Time – only secure.
• Free encrypted phone calls worldwide.
• Encrypted storage of your Silent Phone contacts.
• Import and encrypt existing contacts from your device.
• Super connectivity on existing 3G, 4G cell phone networks and WiFi.
Connect to non-subscribers with Silent World.
Connect securely for true privacy with crystal clear HD clarity and sound quality.
Silent Phone utilizes the open sourced ZRTP encryption protocol invented by Phil Zimmermann and Jon Callas, used worldwide for optimal security. ECDH-384 and AES 256 encryption algorithms.
As seen in Forbes, CNN, The Register, Business Insider, Gizmag, and other media outlets around the globe.