Harriken aims to solve a common dilemma experienced by Dhaka residents - the problem of restaurant discovery - that is, what and where to eat. Harriken allows users to search for places to eat by returning results sorted by distance listing the closest restaurant first. Users can also look up eateries by name, type (e.g. casual dining, fast food or even a food court), cuisine and dish (e.g. Asian Fusion, Chinese, khichuri, buffet, kebabs). Users also have the option of searching for the same attributes within a specified location (e.g. Gulshan, Banani 11 and Jamuna Future Park). In addition to organizing publicly available information, which includes phone numbers, addresses, business hours, maps and menus, Harriken is also working on building a platform that is characterized by helpful reviews.
With as many as 4,000+ establishments profiled, Harriken is by far the most comprehensive database of restaurants in Dhaka. Restaurants in other major cities, such as Chittagong and Cox’s Bazar, are gradually being enlisted, as Harriken prepares to position itself as the go-to platform for food enthusiasts in Bangladesh.
- Search for restaurants: Locate your favorite restaurant or stumble upon a new one by searching for places to eat on the basis of the name of the restaurant itself, or the kind of specialty your tummy is craving (e.g. burgers, pizzas), or type of restaurant you're looking to visit (e.g. fine dining, fast food).
- Search by location: You no longer need to to wander aimlessly for the food experience you desire, when Harriken is here to illuminate your path. Search on the basis of the location of your favorite restaurant, or discover restaurants nearby. Make sure you have the location services setting turned on, in order to view the choices presented to you by distance.
- Harriken collections: Search for a specific group of restaurants that have been handpicked to suit your needs, such as the best places for burgers, pizzas, sushi, and even khichuri on a rainy day. Other collections include those providing details of the dining privileges available to those with EBL Cards and also those who are GP STAR subscribers.
- New in town collections: Location-specific collections focusing on eight hot spots we have identified in Dhaka.
- Frequently searched categories are now directly accessible from the dashboard, allowing you to look for your desired dining experience within just a click.
- Check out the latest scoop to stay up-to-date with all the deals and offerings at your favorite restaurants.
- Functionalities on the page of a certain restaurant: Options to like, review and check-in have been integrated in the app, applicable to each restaurant, to not just help Harrikenators improve their dining experience substantially, but to enable some serious word-of-mouth among other Harrikenators.
- Reviews: Did the atmosphere work for you? Did you get Chinese when you wanted Italian? Is the restaurant near you or far? Decide on the restaurant you're willing to spend your money on, based on restaurant-specific information provided on the app including price range and ratings obtained from weighted averages of user generated feedback.
- Personal accounts: Registration for your very own Harriken account is possible in literally a click by connecting through a logged in Facebook account, or by creating a new separate account as well.
- Social features: Harrikenators can search for friends on the app, follow them, and also assemble their own army of food enthusiasts through the app. Moreover, the social feed lets Harrikenators indulge in the Dhaka food scene.
- Deep linking: Accessing the Web link of a restaurant profile, collection or review left by a user from a browser, messaging app, or email now takes you back to the corresponding page within the Android app.