Learn and be entertained with Hawaiian terms, phrases and slang with 100’s of images.
- Create your own flashcards, multiple-choice and glossary
- Send multiple-choice quiz questions to friends
- Post score for global ranking
- 100’s of images
- Keep up to date with latest news and articles
with the Hawaii news feed.
The 5 vowels a,e,i,o and u as well as the 7 consonants h,k,l,m,n,p, and w make up the entire Hawaiian alphabet. In the Hawaiian language a consonant is always followed by a vowel which also means all Hawaiian words end in a vowel. In the Hawaiian language a symbol directly over a vowel called a kahakô indicates that the vowel sound is to be elongated. A apostrophe like symbol called an `okina indicates a quick pause in the word, as in "ah-ah" for the word a`a.
Note: We apologize, these Hawaiian vocabulary words have not been written with the use of the correct kahakô markings due to the absence of a Hawaiian Font.
keywords: Hawaiian translation, speak Hawaiian, Hawaii travel, Hawaii vacation, Hawaiian tours, Hawaiian train, Hawaiian vocabulary, Hawaiian phrases, Hawaiian word game, Hawaiian word quiz, Hawaiian English, Hawaiian dictionary, Hawaiian glossary
Now the best-selling Hawaii travel apps for iPhone are available for Android! Never get lost with the Big Island Revealed app! This app combines a custom eBook version of the sixth edition of the Hawaii The Big Island Revealed guidebook with an interactive GPS-aware map designed for the guidebook. Based on the same app framework as the Maui Revealed, Kauai Revealed and Oahu Revealed apps. This app is the perfect complement to the book.
The Big Island Revealed is finest guidebook ever written for the Big Island. Now you can plan your best vacation--ever. This all new sixth edition is a candid, humorous guide to everything there is to see and do on the Big Island. Best-selling author and longtime Hawai'i resident, Andrew Doughty, unlocks the secrets of an island so vast and diverse that many visitors never realize all that it has to offer. Explore with him as he reveals breathtaking trails, secluded beaches, pristine reefs, delicious places to dine, relaxing resorts, an active volcano and so much more. Every restaurant, activity provider, business and resort is reviewed personally and anonymously. This app and a rental car are all you need to discover what makes the Big Island so exciting.
• Fast and easy to use
• Detailed, interactive, GPS-aware map that works without the need for an internet connection – just tap to see the nearby guidebook entries
• Always know where you are with the “Locate Me” button that places a blue dot on the map that tracks your current location as you move around the island
• Guidebook locations have “Map It” buttons that place a red dot on the map. When the blue “Locate Me” dot is on top of the red “Map It” dot, you have reached your destination
• All map and guidebook content is stored on your device, including over 740 color photographs
• Use the app to help you plan your trip, saving your favorite places in “Favorites” so you can quickly access them when you are on the go
• The most up-to-date and accurate information available anyplace
• Frank, brutally honest reviews of restaurants, hotels and activities show you which companies really are the best…and which to avoid--no advertisements
• Driving tours let you structure your trip your way, point out sights not to be missed along the way
• Clear, concise directions to those hard-to-find places such as deserted black sand beaches, tropical rain forests, hidden waterfalls, the most dramatic part of the erupting volcano, freshwater lava pools (some volcanically heated) and scores of other hidden gems listed nowhere else
• Detailed descriptions of the Big Island's beaches including ocean safety
• Reviews and descriptions of exciting adventures and activities
• Fascinating sections on Hawai'i's history, culture, language and legends
• Easy navigation with a “Smart” Table of contents and thousands of hypertext links
• Quickly find what you need with “Search” and an Index
• Links to company websites and tap to dial phone numbers
"Hawaii The Big Island Revealed" covers it all--from the snow-covered top of Mauna Kea, to the sparkling underwater reefs. This is the best investment you can make for your Big Island visit. Whether you are a first time visitor, or a longtime kama'aina, you will find out more about the Big Island from this book than from any other source. Discover the island of your dreams with "Hawaii The Big Island Revealed."
The Big Island Revealed guidebook reviews:
"Succeeded in telling us everything there is to know about traveling on the island of Hawaii...this book is essential reading..." Library Journal
"A colorful book--covers it all. I was pleased by the numerous little tips that can make a trip more pleasant." The San Diego Union-Tribune
"Superbly researched and easy-to-read reference... It's jammed with details..." Houston Chronicle
Key reasons millions of travelers love this app:
Need we say more? Download the app now, there’s absolutely no risk, and we’re sure you’ll love it!
There is no need for a live data connection while using this app, as everything is stored on your phone, after you do an initial update. This means you won’t be charged for expensive data roaming, and the app is super fast to use. You can update user reviews periodically when you are on WiFi.
RESTAURANTS, ATTRACTIONS, HOTELS
All places that are listed on TripAdvisor.com in this city are included in the app.
THOUSANDS OF USER REVIEWS
TripAdvisor’s community of millions of worldwide travelers ensures that content is fresh, plentiful and honest. With over 50 million reviews and thousands more added daily, City Guides offer the best and most recent content.
TripAdvisor members and destination experts have handpicked the best itineraries in the city for you, enabling you to explore interesting neighborhoods, famous landmarks and hidden gems. Using the phone's GPS, you can follow along and read about the interesting sights along the route.
CREATE YOUR OWN TRIP JOURNAL
Want to remember the places you visit? It is now easy to do this with TripAdvisor City Guides. Simply Check In, take a photo and add a note for each location, and your journal and travel album will be created for you automatically. You can share it with friends and family on Facebook, or just use it to remember your trip. And, you can even Check In while you are offline and share later when you are online.
POWERFUL YET EASY TO USE
Searching for pizza around Times Square? Coffee near the Eiffel Tower? Or do you just want to find a highly recommended place near you? With this app you can easily search any way you want, and find exactly what’s best for you and your travel companions.
POINT ME THERE
Once you have selected a restaurant or attraction, this app will guide you there using the fun & useful “Point Me There” screen, which uses the phone’s GPS and Compass.
Written by TripAdvisor members and edited by professionals, City Facts articles provide helpful information for when you plan your trip, such as when to go, how to get around in the city, what neighborhoods to visit, etc.
This app leverages the GPS in the phone to show you the best restaurant, attractions etc nearby. The app also uses the compass to guide you to a place once you selected it
Discover new places, and browse full featured offline map on your device. Our OFFLINE Map is high resolution, and you can using this map without data roaming, WIFI Connection and hidden costs!
10 LANGUAGES supported:
english, german, french, russian, korean, portuguese, spanish, japanese, italian, chinese
- complete offline map with GPS geolocation (100% offline)
- attractions list with description & photo (offline)
- multilingual city information about transport, food, history, airports and many others information like clima table or eat & events (offline)
- currency converter: euro, british pound, US dollar, chinese Youan, Japanese Yen, Korean Won, Rupee, Russian Ruble (offline)
- multilingual interface
- hotels deals (online module)
- Things to do & trips
- POI finder (like: hotels, restaurants, metro stations, taxi, pubs, pharmacies, parkings, shops, cafe )
- Phrase Book (Tourist dictionary)
Discover cities and places with our offline app. Our Offline Map & Guide provides you with an easy way to find anything.
Browse a full featured offline map on your device and find your way.
- Over 600,000 hikers use our apps (iPhone, And. & BB)
- Social media sharing plugin
- No roaming costs
- Multilingual interface & descriptions
- Available in 10 languages
- Adds free
- Tablet & retina screen ready
- Mutilingual interface and descriptions the best way to explore attractions of the city.
- Simple Currency Converter. Find the currency exchange rates and convert world currencies with our tool.
- Lists of tourist attractions. Complete list with most popular tourist attractions, monuments and landmarks.
- Quick Share. Share your trips, recommend sights and attractions with social media plugin.
- Hotels booking. Search, save, manage & book best hotels and hostels. Find the cheapest rates for hotels worldwide.
- Detailed descriptions. Now you got everything you need in your phone. Detailed descriptions, maps, nearby hotels and things to do around selected place.
- ToDo. Sightseeing tours, attractions, excursions, things to do and fun activities
Oahu (Hawaiian: Oʻahu) is the most populous of the Hawaiian islands, the third largest in size (after the Big Island and Maui) and the cultural, financial, and top tourist destination of the Hawaiian islands. As the home of the city of Honolulu, the state capital, and as home to over 85% of the state's population, Oahu is appropriately nicknamed "The Gathering Place." Oahu is truly at the heart of Hawaii. The city of Honolulu is busy, and its Waikiki district even more so. Oahu is home to the only real metropolitan area in all the Hawaiian Islands. For some, this has been both a blessing and a curse for the island.
★ Application contains more than 172 cameras (live images, webcams, CCTV) in first release !!!
Cameras are grouped in groups so you can find cameras you need fast despite large number of cameras.
Some of the groups are:
Cameras are mostly Hawaii traffic cameras but we have other types of cameras as well like beach cameras.
You can search for a group, or for camera inside selected group.
Kahala / Hawaii Kai Area
Nimitz to South King Street Area
Pearl City / Pearl Harbor Area
Salt Lake Area
South Kapiolani to Kokohead Area
West Oahu Area
✔ App have widgets for cameras, so you can place some of the cameras you use the most on your home screen.
✔ You can play/stop/change camera directly from your home screen.
✔ You can mark cameras as favorite for fast access when you need it later.
✔ You can take image from any of camera with share button. Image will be saved on your SD Card and you can share it with any app that can share images.
✔ You can choose between 5 color schemes (Menu->Colors)
Supports major highways, freeways (H1 freeway ), streets and roads of US State Hawaii (HI)
Government, Official Web Site for The City and County of Honolulu
Maui Hawaii Webcams watching the windsurfing at Kanaha, Camp One and Sprecks
Joint Astronomy Centre Hawaii
Hawaii Travel Guide is also fully integrated with our social media channels like Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube so that sharing with family and friends is both simple and fun.
App users can also submit their own photographs from various locations around the islands and we'll select the best photos to display in each section.
Guide of Hawaii, LLC's mission is to provide our users with the most accurate, detailed, and up to date travel information available on each and every major spot in the Hawaiian Islands, while continuing to give back to the community, 'aina, and people of Hawaii
We believe in being stewards (malama pono) of the 'aina (land) and kai (ocean); and we promote responsible ecotourism and adventures.
Hawaii nei is more than a place to tour; it's a place to experience.
Download today and receive access to the premier travel & lifestyle publications, Big Island Traveler and Kauai Traveler magazines, including FREE access to the Sep-Dec 2010 issues! These content-rich publications showcase the people, places and cultural allure of Hawaii, along with local features and guides to the best beaches, shopping, adventures and cuisine to plan your next trip or provide a virtual escape anytime. Packed with beautiful imagery and engaging editorials, these publications will keep you connected to the aloha lifestyle in an enhanced magazine experience that is available anywhere and anytime you choose.
-Access to both Big Island Traveler and Kauai Traveler magazines.
-Brilliant digital format with stunning imagery, just like the print edition.
-Text-formatted articles designed for maximum mobile readability.
-Download each issue, then return any time for offline reading anywhere. Perfect for travel!
-Search the archive of available issues.
-Share your comments with other readers.
Your FREE download includes unlimited access to the Sep-Dec 2010 issues of Big Island Traveler and Kauai Traveler magazines. You’ll also receive real-time updates from MyHawaiiTraveler.com with
live feeds including fresh content and travel deals and notifications of future issues.
Traveler Media publishes premier travel & lifestyle magazines in Hawaii and Canada.
This application is powered by Texterity, a leader in digital publishing technology, provider of hundreds of online digital publications, and coverleaf.com. Check the Android Market for more apps from your favorite magazines! This app is currently designed for phones only.
MobileReference guides help you get the most out of your vacation. The guides are available for most destinations worldwide and always include FREE offline GPS maps. Over 3 million MobileReference Travel Guides have been downloaded.
The world’s most popular electronic guides developed for your smartphone have the following features:
✔ GPS map loads to your smartphone memory - no network access needed once the app is downloaded.
✔ GPS map displays your location along with nearby sights and attractions.
✔ MobileReference guides use vector-based maps so they load quickly and are easy to zoom and scroll.
✔ Unlike other travel guides, GPS coordinates for attractions have been verified by users on the ground.
✔ Attraction articles can be accessed from both an alphabetical and a categorical index.
✔ Top 10 attractions article features sights that no visitor should miss.
✔ Articles include tips on what to do and see in your destination.
✔ Articles can be added to a list of favorites.
✔ Phrasebooks include list of common words and phrases.
✔ The top restaurants have been individually selected by MobileReference editors. These restaurants are marked by a star in the EAT chapter and are plotted on the GPS map.
✔ No ads
✔ No roaming charges
MobileReference Travel Guides provide detailed, practical information about attractions, landmarks, transportation, cultural venues, dining, lodging, history and much more. They are indexed alphabetically and by category, making it easier to access individual articles. Attractions can be viewed on an offline GPS map along with your current location so that you can easily find attractions near you as you explore the city.
This fully-functional guide is absolutely free. The full version (only $4.99) adds Text-To-Speech and expands articles with more information about attractions, history, culture, itineraries, phrasebooks and more. Listen to complete articles on the go with Text-To-Speech: double-tap on a word to start Text-To-Speech from the selected word or select Menu > Start Text-To-Speech.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Essentials: Phrasebook | Eat & Drink | Sleep | Stay safe | Stay healthy | Respect
1. Hawaii: History | Geography | Islands | Weather | Get in | Get around | Culture | Buy | Beaches | Top 10 | Itinerary
2. Maps: Hawaiian Islands | Hawaii National Parks | Island of Oahu | Big Island | Maui | Kauai | Honolulu | Honolulu Districts
3. OAHU: History | Regions | Get in & around | See | Do | Buy | Sites & Cities | Beaches
3.1 Honolulu: History | Culture | Geography | Districts | Eat | Drink | Sleep | Stay safe
3.2 Honolulu Transport: Get in | Get around | TheBus | Wiki Wiki | Airport
3.3 Honolulu Attractions: See | Do | Buy | Buildings & Structures | Museums
4. HAWAII/BIG ISLAND: History | Geography | Get in & around | Cities | Other Destinations | See & Do | Beaches | Sleep
5. MAUI: History | Geology | Climate & Natural History | Cities | Get in & Around | See & Do | Beaches | Buy | Eat & Drink | Sleep | Get Out
6. KAUAI: History | Geography | Regions | Cities | Other destinations | See | Do | Beaches | Eat & Drink | Sleep
-MobileReference®. Free maps for worldwide destinations™.
Find out why Maui, Hawaii is the best island to be for whale watching, nature tripping and see rainbows anywhere, beach hopping, snorkeling and much more by downloading the Maui, Hawaii mobile application for iPhone, Android, Blackberry, and other smartphones developed by Skyline Apps.
Download this app at (http://skylineapps.com/mobile/signup.php?id=mauihawaii#)
A 4G or Wi-Fi connection is highly recommended! Cams are updated every 5 mins and are displayed as still images.
AlohaMenu.com is here to help.
Alohamenu.com offers information of more than 500 restaurants in Hawaii.
1) Search restaurants with keyword search
2) Browse restaurants by cuisine: Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Western and Local
3) Detailed information and menus of restaurants
4) Check-in and share on Facebook and Kakao Talk
5) Look up addresses and phone numbers for restaurants, then call or map them from your smart phone.
REGZA Phone T01-C、GALAXY S２、Xperia™ acro SO-02C、Xperia™ acro IS11S、AQUOS PHONE 104SH
With the Hawaiian Airlines Mobile Travel App, you can:
• Find and book a flight
• View and email your itinerary
• Check in and generate your mobile boarding pass
• Check flight status and schedules
• Select, change or upgrade your seat and pay your baggage fees
• Add or change your HawaiianMiles number for a booked trip
The Hawaiian Airlines Mobile Travel App is optimized for Android 4.0+.