Use this screen filter at night, in low light, or just when you need to save power.
The screen filter is turned on when you tap it. It opens up all the settings in PREVIEW ONLY mode.
The brightness can be changed by moving the slider and the screen filter can be set by pressing the SET button.
It can be turned off by pressing the CLEAR button.
Screen filter settings can be accessed by accessing the application again or tapping the notification in the notification list.
Screen Dimmer enable you to low the brightness of your phone or tablet even lower than what you can do by default in order to avoid headache and eye pain in a dark environment or at night. If you own an Amoled screen, this app will even save your battery because the black pixels actually turn off on an Amoled screen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMOLED#Comparison_to_other_technologies). It is also scientifically proved that blue radiations can cause insomnia (http://chriskresser.com/how-artificial-light-is-wrecking-your-sleep-and-what-to-do-about-it), preserve your sleep by changing the filter's color to red or brown! (pro version only)
Its design is simple and appreciable, you can't dislike it!
Great notification : click on the brightness icon to stop Screen Dimmer or click on the progress bar to change the filter's opacity (Version of Android earlier than 3.0).
- Variable opacity.
- Display a notification or not when Screen Dimmer is on.
- Minimize or not the screen's brightness.
- Disable the button's backlight.
- Quick launch widget and widget of opacity adjusting.
- [PRO] Change the colour of the filter and the widget.
- [PRO] Automatically toggle the app with the sunset/rise to use Screen Dimmer at night.
- [PRO] Choose the apps to launch when Screen Dimmer starts.
- [PRO] Activate the silent mode when Screen Dimmer starts.
- [PRO] Do an opacity transition when the launch of Screen Dimmer is scheduled.
If you like my app, feel free to rate it and buy the PRO version (in app) to support its development and unlock the pro!
• Permissions :
- DRAW OVER OTHER APPS: needed to display the filter over other apps.
- RECEIVE BOOT COMPLETED: needed to preserve scheduling over reboots.
- COARSE LOCATION: needed by the sun scheduling feature.
• Tasker support:
1. You can take a screenshot by touching the shot icon (only support on rooted phones and OS 2.3) or pressing power button and volume down button at the same time, or pressing power button and home button at the same time(on most Samsung phones).
2. You can specify the folders which the screenshots will be saved as images.
3. You can preview the screenshot and decide saving it or discarding it.
4. You can crop any part of the images to make a new one.
Note: If your phone's OS is under 4.0 and not rooted, this app will not be able to capture an image
snapshot screen capture
**To uninstall the app, please go to the setting page and click the "Remove device administrator" button**
With over 2 million of users and over 30 languages support, Screen Off and Lock is the No.1 screen off application in Google Play Store.
Screen Off and Lock allows you to switch off your devices from:
1. Launcher shortcut
2. Launcher widget 1x1 - 4x4, resizable in Android 4.0+ (Also available in lock screen for Android 4.2+) (Donate version)
4. Floating button over all apps! (Double tap to use it) (Donate version)
5. Search button (if your device has it)
1. Screen off animation (including the most famous Old TV style)
2. Screen lock/unlock sound effect
3. Screen off vibration
For those who cannot see the screen off animation even the app is reinstalled, please follow the procedures below:
Android 4.x: Go to "Setting > Developer options > Transition animation", and then select 1x for this option.
Android 2.x, Make sure you selected the option "All animations" under "Settings > Display > Animation".
※ If you press "MENU Key", Two option appear. One is "Set Button value", the other one is "Set Screen Mode".
※ "Set Button value" - Set six button's value
ex, number 5 - [0% 15% 20% 25% 30% 35%]
number 6 - [0% 16% 22% 28% 34% 40%]
number 15 - [0% 25% 40% 55% 70% 85%]
※ "Set Screen Mode" - Set Automatic mode or Manual mode
Under manual mode, User's value is applied.
※ If you change long lighting time, touch "User Screen Time". So, "User Screen Time" -> "Maximize Screen Time" and
system's screen timeout is set 10 minutes. (If you deselect button, system's screen timeout is set user's setting value)
@ The app is available in more than v2.2, v2.3.3 was developed to target.
@ Nexus, the Galaxy U has been tested.
※ Bug fixes for some devieces
※ Display setting value - add[0%, 20%, 40%, 60%, 80%, 100%]
※ Bug fixes
※ Display setting value - add[0%, 10%, 20%, 25%, 50%, 100%]
※Add preferences menu - Mode, Screen timeout, Setting custom button value
★ Adjust your screen's brightness and color.
★ Add quick shortcuts to your home screen.
★ Schedule the filter to start & stop at a specific time.
And more! Download the app and try it out to see all of the features.
* If you accidentally turn your screen black, press volume up or volume down inside the app to turn off the filter, or power off your phone by holding the power button.
* If "Override screen brightness" doesn't work, try turning off "auto brightness" from your settings. This feature may also cause your screen to turn off and/or the lockscreen to activate if the setting is too low.
* Android may disable the "install" button when a screen filter application is running for security reasons.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us by email.
Draw over other apps: Required for the screen filter to work.
Full network access, view network connections: Used for Google AdMob.
Hide the systembar and use your tablet in fullscreen-mode without losing systembars main functions: navigation options and notifications .
~ please note: This app requires root!
~ read below for issues and limitations !
This app is a light-weight replacement/companion for the default systembar on tablets.
It can disable the bottom systembar on most tablets running Android 3 or Android 4.
Now you can use the full screen for your own apps without wasting space for the bottom bar.
» Play games,
» Watch videos,
» Surf the web,
» Read your mails...
››› everything fullscreen and without losing the main functions of the systembar:
Go back, Go to Homescreen, switch between recently used apps, access notifications...
The provided replacement buttons can be configured in function, visibility, position and size. Following actions can be assigned to any button:
• Go back: Navigate back within apps.
• Go to homescreen: Shortcut to directly go to homescreen.
• Show recent apps: Quickly switch between recently used apps.
• Show notifications: Display a panel with notifications.
• Restore systembar: An action to quickly restore systembar.
• Open apps menu: Easy access even to menu of older apps.
• Pie-Menu: Opens a configurable pie-menu.
The also available plus-Version supports an automatic mode:
Just define the apps you want to use in fullscreen mode and full!screen+ takes care of the rest. It will automatically disable the bottom bar for those apps.
- Start your browser -> *poof* bottom bar is gone.
- Switch back to Home -> the bar reappears.
- Play Video -> always in fullscreen.
You don't have to care!
issues and limitations:
- in case you experience problems after reboot like notifications not working or not able to autostart:
Please upgrade/change your SuperUser-Manager and use it to upgrade/install latest su-binary!
- There are limitations with phone devices. You might lose ability to accept incoming calls or receive SMS in fullscreen mode. Please make sure to test this before using full!screen.
- On devices with split systembar (notifications on top and navigation on bottom) it is not possible to just hide navigationbar. This unfortunately is a system-limitation and no workaround possible.
RE ADD WIDGET AFTER UPDATE!!!
If you have problems with ad window int ICS - it's a bug in Launcher/Play/Market:
1. remove auto created shortcut from desktop
2. launch the BrightnessLevel from apps list
3. if you still can see ad window, press back until you get to desktop
4. try to run BrightnessLevel from apps list again, it should disappear.
I hope, Google can fix this bug soon!
Check our OnOff Widgets Pack! All widgets in one with skin support!
Please donate if you like our apps and want to support us
"Quick Brightness (Free)" into the installed capacity of the least precious moments you will be saving even.
Smartphone home screen shortcut icon on your desktop by adding or very easy, if you use a simple illumination can be set up.
※ The free version includes ads.
This app equips with one touch setting function, in addition, 1% increments and easy setting! So easy!
As long as setting the interface tool, you can check the current brightness and adjust freely♪
※ AUTO function is only available on the phones with this feature. The brightness of smartphones without the AUTO function is fixed at 50%.
You have thought in bed. Device is too bright...
Cause of the battery consumption is said to be the backlight.
Dark screen can save power.
Ambient light sensor for automatic adjustment feature support depends on the device.
The History of Major Changes:
Added the five level buttons, from Min to Max.
Added items to the Settings screen.
1. Whether to show the five-level button.
Added the operations from the Notification bar.
Added items about the Notification bar to the Setting screen.
1. Can be operation from Notification bar.
2. Automatically start at boot time.
Added the widgets.
Added items to the Settings screen.
1. In the non-operation state, to automatically close.
2. Can be adjust with the volume keys.
screen, brightness, dark, bright, backlight, widgets, notification bar,
battery, save, adjust, setting, change, easy, free, auto, simple
Brightness Level Disc has two sizes: 1x1 and 2x2.
Widget does not drain battery.
Revolutionary Brightness Level Disc widget fits perfect for Ice Cream Sandwich Devices with Holographic User Interface.
To add Brightness Level Disc widget press: Home->Menu->Add->Widgets->Brightness Level
Press Brightness toggle Widget to display detailed information about your smartphone's screen brightness and set brightness precisely.
PERMISSIONS are needed for writing system brightness settings and ads (app is completely free, respect work of developer and designer, do not complain about ads)
We are equipped with a filter function, you can dim the screen beyond the brightness of the display.
✓ Image filter function.
The effect of filter software, you can dim the screen beyond the minimum luminance of the display. Please use it if you feel bright and a display by the scene, for example, if you want to prevent prying eyes from the surroundings. With just a touch of a seek bar, which is also features that you can adjust the intensity of image effects filters and seamlessly adjust the brightness of the standard.
Due to limitations in the state of security in terms of Android OS, image filter is applied should be noted that you can not install app "unknown sources" that you downloaded from non-Google Play Store. After turning off the feature image filter once, please try the installation.
✓ Registration icon to the notification area.
You can register the app launch icon in the notification area. If you want to register, please select the [Menu] - [Notifications].
While applying image filters, is also intended to prevent the cancellation filter with Android OS, we recommend that you set should be noted that this function is turned on.
✓ Automatic brightness adjustment.
A device that supports a standard "switch enable/disable" In automatic adjustment brightness of illumination sensor, can be performed on this application to check the brightness after the change and setting on/off of automatic adjustment.
(With respect to the model that can not be disabled, switched on/off but this can not be done from the app, such as Xperia(TM) acro HD, supports automatic adjustment)
✓ Off function key illumination.
In the device part of the Android 2.2 or later, the on/off key lighting is possible. If you feel dazzling lighting key, please try appear in the [Menu] - [Key backlights].
Device that has this capability is limited in some models, depending on the situation the device support may change does not appear.
(It has been confirmed that there is an effect on Xperia(TM) arc, Xperia(TM) acro)
✓ Changing the display color temperature.
If you feel that the color temperature of the display is low (that yellowish), [Menu] - [Color temperature]. By applying a transmission filter blue, growing effect as if the color temperature of the display can be obtained.
✓ Adjust using the motion sensor.
Darken the display, you can adjust the bright and tilt tilt to the left and to the right device. Brightness adjustment is possible without hides by hand by this display.
✓ View wallpaper background.
By the transmissive display the adjustment screen background wallpaper, are easy to grab the image after brightness adjustment. Do you want to change the text color by clicking on a string "Options" but you may see the characters difficult to read, if you are using, please use the change to a gray-scale image by touching the background wallpaper base white .
(Switching to a grayscale image, please use after activate the function at [Menu] - [Background change] in advance)
✓ Value display brightness.
So that the display brightness adjustment as a result, a number of API level that you want to set the system. It is easy to set the brightness of the next favorite for this purpose. It also automatically get the lower limit value different for each model.
By touching the numeric portion that is displayed, it is also possible to directly enter the numerical keypad again.
The picture which Ozturk made is used for the icon of this application.
Copyright (C) 2012 K.Shimokura All Rights Reserved.
Adjustable on screen control is top of all the windows.
You don't need brightness widgets any more.
Just install, setup and adjust brightness by touching screen.
Don't forget: long (more than 5 sec) click or double fingers click to indicator bar will turn system depended autobrightness.
Intent for Tasker (or another similar application):
Type - Broadcast receiver
Name - "rubberbigpepper.DisplayBrightness.SetBrightness"
Integer extra parameter "BrightnessLevel" means which brightness level (from 1 to 100%) to set
Free version shows Ads in the Settings, Pro version does not show.
Now has a boot receiver to apply the same dimming on boot.
Failsafe: Use the volume keys to raise or lower the brightness while the app is open. Only while the app is on the screen.
Failsafe: Set boot receiver to launch the service 5 minutes after boot. This should be more than enough time to get in an reset the settings.
Failsafe: Set set to automatically dim, therefore if you set too low of a value, shine a flashlight at the phone and it should brighten enough to reset it.
Added failsafe in case the user doesn't have a light sensor.
Also added a current brightness seekbar (slider), and a dimming trigger level seekbar.
Please see screenshots and video.
Please email me with bugs.