Gastroenterology treat the digestive system of human body. Digestive system is very important because it allows our body to break down food. The food either stays in the body for nutrient or travels out of the body.
This Glossary provides you a comprehensive list of 225+ terminologies related to gastroenterology with its short description/meaning, which guides you to understand disease/disorders related to stomach,liver,pancreas,bladders and entire digestive system related issues.
- No Internet connectivity required
- Add/Edit Text & Audio notes for selected term.
- Add/zoom photo to Notes
- Add term to your favorite list
- Email term to your friends and family
The Johns Hopkins HIV Guide delivers the latest authoritative clinical decision support information on the diagnosis, management, and relevant medications to clinicians’ fingertips.
Clinicians can consult this specialized guide, written and updated by experts at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, to find answers fast at the point of care. The guide contains information on opportunistic infections, malignancies, complications, related rugs, pathogens, therapy guidelines, and a resistance tool.
The Johns Hopkins HIV Guide is arranged in a way that lets clinicians easily browse or search for content. Each entry is easy to navigate and contains the most important information to help clinicians quickly make decisions.
With the Johns Hopkins HIV Guide you can:
• Review in-depth coverage of HIV therapy including infections, malignancies, clinical tests, microbiology, and treatment options.
• Find the latest medications available for each condition with expert drug comments.
• Access medical literature with reference links within each entry.
• Coverage of complications of treatment
• Drug listings with adverse reactions and interactions
• Management options and clinical recommendations
• Diagnosis and Pathogen indices
• Universal Index Search – find topics across all indexes
• Personalized favorites
Editors: Joel E. Gallant, MD, MPH; Paul Pham, PharmD, BCPS
Publisher: Johns Hopkins Medicine
Powered by: Unbound Medicine
See for yourself why iMedicalApps.com has called heart failure trials "a must have app for anyone that manages heart failure patients."
Heart Failure Trials puts you in control of heart failure research with up to date evidence based medicine. Heart Failure Trials was designed and written by David Majure, MD MPH, a heart failure cardiologist trained at the University of California, San Francisco, and The Johns Hopkins Hospital and member of the Heart Failure and Transplant Medicine Education Workforce of the International Society of Heart and Lung Transplantation. Dr. Majure strives to keep the database up to date with expert opinion that puts each trial in context.
Current subjects include:
• Aldosterone Receptor Blockers
• Direct Renin Inhibitors
• Phosphodiesterase-5 Inhibitors
• Vasopressin Receptor Blockers
• Sinus Node Inhibitors
• Calcium Channel Blockers
• Atrial Fibrillation
• Fish Oil (n-3 PUFA)
• Anemia and Iron Therapy
• Surgical Therapy
• Cell Therapy
• Pulmonary Artery Catheters
• Non-Invasive Ventilation
• BNP-Guided Therapy
Update section alerts you to new trial additions and updates to existing trial commentary.
Each entry contains:
• Important points
• Links to study PDFs and PubMed abstracts
• Trial purpose
• Inclusion and exclusion criteria
• Methods and procedures
• Baseline characteristics
• Baseline therapy
• Primary and secondary outcomes with RRR, ARR, and NNT
• Applicable ACCF/AHA and ESC guidelines
• Detailed references to guide further reading
Key Words: Cardiology, ISHLT, ESC, ACC, AHA, Heart Failure, CHF, Clinical Trials, Medicine
The app includes the following:
- Background information about FODMAPs
- A food guide detailing the FODMAP content for hundreds of foods
- A full recipe book including 79 original and nutritious recipes with professional photography
- A shopping list for organising low FODMAP purchases
- A one week challenge to trial and monitor a strict FODMAP diet, with the function to view detailed graphs of symptoms and the end of the week
Posee la opción de preguntas aleatorias de todos los temas.
Ideal para estudiantes!!!
Esta aplicación es totalmente gratis.
App’en trækker på information fra sundhed.dk’s ’Find behandler’, som bygger på både data fra regionerne og data, som den enkelte klinik selv vedligeholder. Det er ikke muligt at søge på egne sundhedsoplysninger. Dette kan gøres ved at logge ind på sundhed.dk.
App’en er udviklet i samarbejde med XL-Force ApS.
The BioDigital Human is a virtual body platform consisting of the most comprehensive set of true 3D anatomy and 3D health condition models ever assembled. Choose from 1000’s of interactive visualizations to build your own custom library of models. This app is an extension of the award winning BioDigital Human online, allowing users from web to mobile to seamlessly experience exploring beneath the skin in 3D!
- fluid, true 3D scrolling, zooming, and panning
- select and dissect objects
- interactive 3D simulations
- search and fly to objects within a 3D model
- add or remove system layers
- gamified quizzing
- toggle between view modes: standard, x-ray, & isolate
- author content on the web and sync to mobile
- read detailed descriptions while viewing and interacting with stunning visuals
- take screenshots and annotate
- the Human constantly evolves: access & download new additions
Over 5,000 selectable male and female anatomy objects
- skeletal system, digestive system, urinary system, reproductive system, respiratory system, endocrine system, nervous system, cardiovascular system, lymphatic system, muscular system, integumentary system)
Over 400+ Health Conditions Grouped by
- Blood, Heart and Circulation
- Bones, Joints, and Muscles
- Brain and Nerves
- Digestive System
- Ear, nose, and Throat
- Endocrine System
- Eyes and Vision
- Immune System
- Kidneys and Urinary System
- Lungs and Breathing
- Mouth and Teeth
- Skin, Hair, and Nails
- Male Reproductive System
more content added constantly!
Students/Educators - Your virtual cadaver! The BioDigital Human gives students and educators a powerful new tool to teach and learn using the latest in 3D technology. See why over 1,000 schools from all over the world are using the Human.
Patients/Providers - A revolutionary way to communicate health concepts with patients. Doctors can dissect to the core of the problem, mock up areas of concern, & share a 3D model with his/her patient. Patients can finally see under the skin to quickly understand their health and make smarter decisions.
Business - Equip your sales, marketing teams and customers with stunning simulations of your product: use the power of cloud delivery to show the value of your product in dynamic, interactive, 3D body visualizations.
In the News:
“Think: Google Earth meets the human body” - ABC News
“The virtual body as the health education equivalent of Google Maps” - The New York Times
“xbox, Gray’s Anatomy combining to become a way to look inside the body” - msnbc
“For the 500 years that we have been teaching Human anatomy there has been no other way to look inside the [living] human body for doctors other than actually opening it during surgery.” - Marc Triola, MD
The abstracts would be provided broadly under the following heads: Complications of IBS, IBS & Diarrhoea, IBS & Diet, IBS: Causes, Risk Factors, IBS: Diagnosis & Tests, IBS: Prevention, Treatment & Management, IBS: Symptoms & Types, Lifestyle changes & IBS, Medications for IBS and Psychological therapy & Stress relief.
The Colonoscopy Helper is the first smartphone app that provides a complete, step-by-step multi-media guidance for colonoscopy preparation. There are 13 reminders, spread over 10 days including reminders before and after the procedure. It navigates colonoscopy preparation with GPS-like precision with graphic illustrations, texts, and audio directions to ensure that the bowel prep is done just right. It also reminds important medication(s) that may need to be adjusted, held, and resumed at appropriate time and interval. Finally, it alerts important symptoms following colonoscopy that may require a prompt medical attention. Colonoscopy Helper is really a very helpful and essential companion to having colonoscopy examination.
Colonoscopy is an examination that enables a careful evaluation of the lining of the colon (large intestine) for abnormalities. It is performed by inserting a colonoscope which is made with a flexible tube with a camera at the end. During colonoscopy, this instrument is inserted into the anus and slowly advanced inside the colon. It is a test commonly utilized as a diagnostic tool in colon cancer screening. In addition to diagnosing colon cancer, colonoscopy is often used to evaluate gastrointestinal bleeding (GI bleeding), irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) such as ulcerative colitis (UC) and Crohn's disease.
Available also in Spanish.
Visit www.colonoscopyhelper.com for more information.
U.S. Patent Pending: #61946014
Use this app as a personal logbook for your Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and view charts of your symptoms over time. You can also learn more about the condition and how to manage it with information written by doctors.
Developed in association with the IBS network, the UK's charity for irritable bowel syndrome.
The symptom tracker will help you record your bowel movements and the type and severity of symptoms that you get each day. It will also allow you to record notes on food and lifestyle.
This may help identify triggers such as food, alcohol, or emotional stresses, and may show if exercise helps to ease or prevent symptoms.
If you are advised to try a particular treatment, log your bowel movements and the type and severity of symptoms that you get each day for a week or so. You can then assess whether treatment has improved symptoms or not. You can also share your results with your GP.
The app features:
* Log your bowel movements - following each bowel movement, rate the form of your stool and other related factors such as straining, urgency and pain
* Log your symptoms - record information regarding a variety of symptoms, such as your overall wellbeing, stress, bloating, nausea, anxiety and lethargy
* Log your diet and activities - record your level of activity, fluid intake and food diary as well as any general notes
* View graphs of your data - view a historical chart of your stool type, symptoms and activity. You can view results over the period of one day, one week, or one month. You can filter the graphs to just show specific symptoms, eg bloating and abdominal pain
* View a historical log of all entries
* Share the entries by emailing the results to an address of your choice
* View up-to-date information on Irritable Bowel Syndrome written by GP's for patients (requires internet connection)
* Search Patient.co.uk from within the app for more trusted health information (requires internet connection)
The IBS symptom tracker should help you develop a better sense of understanding over your symptoms, and assist communicating with your GP about how you are doing.
Patient.co.uk - Trusted medical information and support
Hope the app will be useful for you.
Why a Poocount app? (guess we have to answer this question :-)
An increasing number of people has Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Crohn/Ulcerative colitis or Colitis ulcerosa). There are lots of indicators of the severity of the illness, one of them being the amount of time you spend on the toilet. From time to time I ask myself if I am better now than, say 3 months ago. Usually my brain blocks here because it’s rather hard to remember the state of being some months ago.
That's when I decided to develop a small app that can help me with this problem. For the time this is rather a weekend project, but hopefully it will be useful for you. I hope you don't mind when it takes some days to respond to questions.
This Poocount is still in its early stages. It's rather easy to use but if you have questions I'll glady anwser them. Just write me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Google play shows that the app needs internet permissions. Unfortunately they are needed(even if not used) by a feature I use to enhance performance on android <4.4 devices.
JHTT is Open for Business!