Healthizen is a mobile application supported by the Government that connects the concerned active citizen of Bangalore City directly to the Health Department by providing an easy channel to bring important issues regarding community health and sanitation to the department.
This simple tool that is Healthizen allows the people to take authority and help the government in making Bangalore city better and safer for the people who call it home. The population works as one: citizens are the eyes, and the concerned authorities the hands and legs that perform the tasks. To be successful, one needs the other.
The app interfaces with the camera present in smart phones and tablets, and allows them to send pictures of the issue that they want to flag to the concerned authorities.
We prefer to call the issues that you point out as ‘flags’ rather than complaints. This isn't a complaint anymore. You are an active member of society doing your part in making the city a cleaner place.
The app works in 3 simple steps:
1. The user takes a picture of the instance and categorizes the nature of the flag.
2. The user enters their personal details.
3. The app then sends the complaint to the official e-mail account of the concerned Health Department Personnel. The complaint is then followed up by the concerned personnel in the Department.
Salient features of the app include:
1. It can integrate with the user’s phone’s camera. Multiple images can be uploaded.
2. Complaints will be categorized to allow ease of classification and further process flow.
3. It can provide important details of the complaint – namely location, date and time using GPS. If GPS is unavailable, a provision has also been provided for users to elaborate on the location of the complaint.
4. The app aims to minimize the time that needs to be dedicated by the user.
5. Anonymous complaints are not allowed, and the mail is sent via the user’s email account.