WHAT IS HAPPY ANTS?
Happy ants is a digital game made to help the child to develop knowledge and skills in how to comfort, support and encourage oneself and other people when the feelings are strong and difficult to handle. Happy Ants is based on the cognitive behavioural model, which has been proven effective to prevent mental health problems.
CHILDREN ABOUT HAPPY ANTS
“Cool app! Can I try one more time?”
“Look how angry Red has made that girl! She has to listen more to Green!”
* Children 4 -7 years
* Children together with parents and other adults who care
* Experience coping and fun
* Improve language for feelings
* Stimulate curiosity on thoughts and how thoughts
* Understand more about comfort and support
* Discover that anxiety will reduce if the trigger-of anxiety is not dangerous and examined
* Encourage friendly and supportive inner dialogue
* Encourage empathy
* Promote dialogues about feelings and all sorts of thoughts
LANGUAGE: Norwegian, Sami. Arabic, Spanish and English
FACTS ABOUT HAPPY ANTS
Happy Ants is a Norwegian digital game, an App, made with support from the Extra Foundation of Health and Rehabilitation to the non-profit organisation Voksne for Barn. The projectleader, psychologist Solfrid Raknes has earlier made the prize-winning CBT-material
Psychological First Aid Kit. The main goal when developing Happy Ants has been to develop health promoting material tha invites children and adults to play and talk together about
feelings and all kind of thoughts. We have focused on developing a secure and inspiring material and therefore have no third-party advertising or in-app purchases in our apps. We also do not collect, transmit or accesses any personal information from the user.
The only links to internet, including integration with social media sites, resides in the "For grown-ups" section with a parental lock - making it unavailable for small hands. We do not generate any performance reports or track any usage.