Hero Feedback gives students a voice to improve their university experience.
Students can discuss and rate their courses and university services. In turn, the professors and university staff that deliver these services can make improvements – the ones that matter to students. Feedback and communication is real-time, so a student’s perspective can be acted upon while it is still relevant, not after they finish the course or graduate.
The Hero App is an intuitive, easy way to feedback and on courses and services and communicate with professors and other students. The functionality students can use includes:
- The 5-star rating mechanism (with a free-text response box) that allows students to give efficient, but meaningful, feedback on a specific lecture, administrative service or campus location.
- The feed is a board where students can browse previous comments, enabling them to gather information or contribute to a dialogue on a topic that matters to them.
- QR-codes enable students to quickly rate while on the go.
- A two-way communication system allows professors and the staff responsible for service delivery (e.g. academic counsellors) to engage with students’ ideas.
- The ability to post anonymously allows for students to choose whether they publicly or privately voice their opinion. Those that are shy to speak up in class now also have a chance to contribute.
University staff will receive student feedback through tailored access to the Hero Feedback website.
There are five major benefits to the app:
- More Immediate: Students can give feedback immediately, while the experience is still fresh in their mind.
- More Transparent: Students can see the average rating for each unit and what others before them have posted in feeds, providing a wealth of information on quality of services.
- More Peer Engagement: Students can engage with each other to make collectively praise or suggest improvements for services.
- More Professor Engagement: Professors receive instant feedback on all aspects of their courses.
- Easy to use: It all happens through a simple app and dashboard that prioritise ease of use.