This is a digital implementation of the boardgame "SpyFall", a social deduction party game, that takes 5 - 10 minutes and provides a lot of fun for you and your friends.
Version 3.0 brings a lot of new features which break compatibility with the old implementation. Make sure all players update to prevent crashes!
- Send SMS: the app uses SMS to distribute the location cards. The player hosting the game will send one sms to all participants EACH game, so make sure he has a free SMS plan to avoid being charged.
- Receive/Read SMS: all other player will wait for a message from the host with a predefined format.
* We respect your privacy! Only messages with our predefined format are processed.
WHY USE SMS?
We've chosen the SMS route because this allows you to play with anyone:
1. It works if players don't have an Android device (iPhones, Windows phones etc.), or even a smartphone. They just read the location from the SMS received.
2. It doesn't require everyone to have an Internet connection.
3. You're not forced to have the app installed on all your friends devices.
In every game, one player will be the spy, everyone else will have an identical secret location( from a total of 26 ).
- The spy wins if he guesses the location
- Everyone else win if they find the spy.
Choose a random starting player; he will ask somebody a question and that player will respond. Both the question and the answer must not be too obvious(the spy will get important information), but not too vague (you will be suspected as being a spy). The player that responded now will now ask somebody a question.
At any time, anyone can accuse another player of being the spy. For the accusation to be successful ALL players(except the accused) must approve it. If the accusation fails the player that started the accusation looses this right until the end of the game"
Each game should be timed: (1 min) x (Number of players) is usually a good length. Game plays best with about 7 - 8 people(5 players minimum for a balanced game). Enjoy!
Credits go to the original designers. If you enjoy the game support them and buy the physical boardgame version: 'SpyFall'