Please download "Guthook Guides: Hike & Bike Offline" to access the Arizona Trail guide. Existing customers may transfer their purchases to the Guthook Guides: Hike & Bike Offline app. This app is no longer supported and will be removed from the Play Store October 2019.
Arizona Trail is the official navigation app for the Arizona National Scenic Trail, built through a collaboration of the Arizona Trail Association and the creators of Guthook's Guides hiking guide apps.
The Arizona Trail app is a GPS- and map-based guide for your Arizona Trail hiking, equestrian, or mountain biking trip.
Free demo: Fully functional version of the app that includes the 36-mile San Francisco Peaks Passage (Passage 34) of the Arizona Trail near Flagstaff and Snowbowl.
In app purchases:
- Entire 800-mile Arizona Trail including Flagstaff Urban Trail and Mountain Biking Route
- No mobile or internet connection is required after initial setup -- works in Airplane Mode
- Detailed maps with your GPS location
- Elevation profile view
- Custom route creator
- Multiple offline map choices
- Real-time comments from other hikers
- Send your current location to friends or family via text message or email
The guidebook lists every waypoint in order by distance along the trail and how far away you are from each waypoint. The guidebook also includes a detailed town guide for major resupply points, towns, and services along the Arizona Trail.
Waypoint details include:
- Mileage point and elevation
- Distance to the next water source and tent site
- Comments section where you may post comments and read other hikers’ comments
Types of waypoints:
- Water sources (including the reliability of each water source)
- Detailed resupply and town information:
- post offices and other package services
- grocery stores and convenience stores
- gear shops and hardware stores
- lodging, public showers, public restrooms
- public libraries
- Tenting sites/camping sites
- Trail junctions
- Parking areas along the trail
- Picnic areas, campgrounds, ranger stations
- Roads, railroad tracks, power lines, fences, gates
- Natural landmarks (e.g. mountain passes)