Wonderland Trail by Tami Asars is built through a collaboration of the creators of Guthook Guides hiking guide apps and Tami Asars, author of the popular guidebook "Hiking the Wonderland Trail: The Complete Guide to Mount Rainier's Premier Trail."
The Wonderland Trail app is a map-based guide with over 400 waypoints and 500 photos for your Wonderland Trail hiking experience.
- No mobile or internet connection is required after initial setup -- works in Airplane Mode
- Detailed maps with your GPS location
- Elevation profile view
- Custom route creator
- Multiple offline map choices
- Real-time comments from other hikers
- Send your current location to friends or family via text message or email
The guidebook lists every waypoint in order by distance along the trail and how far away you are from each waypoint. The guidebook also includes a detailed town guide for major resupply points, towns, and services along the Wonderland Trail.
Waypoint details include:
- Mileage point and elevation
- Distance to the next water source and tent site
- Comments section where you may post comments and read other hikers’ comments
Types of waypoints:
- Water sources (including the reliability of each water source)
- Detailed resupply and town information:
- post offices and other package services
- grocery stores and convenience stores
- gear shops and hardware stores
- lodging, public showers, public restrooms
- public libraries
- Tenting sites/camping sites
- Trail junctions
- Parking areas along the trail
- Picnic areas, campgrounds, ranger stations
- Roads, railroad tracks, power lines, fences, gates
- Natural landmarks (e.g. mountain passes)
About the Wonderland Trail: the Wonderland Trail is a 91-mile trail in Mount Rainier National Park (Washington state) that circumnavigates Mount Rainier and its 25 named glaciers.