You can access and store locally a large range of on-line topographic maps, which will remain available even while being out of cell coverage. AlpineQuest also supports on-board file based maps, like MemoryMap(c) maps.
By using the GPS and the magnetic sensor of your device (with compass display), getting lost is part of the past: you are localized in real-time on the map, which can also be oriented to match where you are looking at.
Save and retrieve landmarks, share them with your friends. Track your path, get advanced statistics and interactive graphics. You won't have anymore questions about what you can accomplish.
By staying fully operational out of cell coverage (as often in mountain or abroad), AlpineQuest assists you in all your desires of deep wilderness exploring...
Don't hesitate, try the free Lite version right now!
Note: IGN Top25(c) and OSGB Explorer(c) maps are available in the old MemoryMap(c) QCT format, but NOT included with the application.
PLEASE report suggestions and issues on our dedicated forum: http://www.alpinequest.net/forum (no registration needed, all questions answered).
Do not use comments for that: we cannot answer!
Key features are:
*** Maps ***
• Built-in online maps (with automatic local storage; road, topo and satellite maps included);
• Built-in online layers (road names and hills shading);
• Get more online maps and layers in one click from the included community map list (Nokia maps, USGS Topo, ...);
• Complete area storage of online maps for off-line use;
• On-board offline maps support (visit our website to get the free map creator MOBAC);
• Memory-Map support (QuickChart .qct maps only, .qc3 maps not compatible, test your maps using the free version first);
• Multiple maps in layers display, with per-map opacity control;
• Advanced SD memory card Map Explorer and Scanner.
*** Landmarks ***
• Full GPX support (display/browse/create/edit of waypoints, routes and tracks);
• KML, KMZ and LOC files support;
• Save and share online locations with other users using Community Landmarks;
• Details, advanced statistics and interactive graphics on various items;
• Time Controller to replay time-tagged tracks;
• Routes and areas creator;
• Advanced SD memory card Landmarks Explorer.
*** Geolocation / Orientation ***
• On-map geolocation using GPS or Network;
• Map orientation, compass and target finder;
• Built-in GPS/Barometric Tracker (long tracking capable, running in a separate and light process);
• Barometer support (for compatible devices).
• Full screen map view;
• Longitude/Latitude and grid coordinate formats (UTM, USNG, MGRS, OSGB, Irish Grid, Swiss Grid, Lambert Grids, DFCI Grid, QTH Maidenhead Locator System, ...);
• Ability to import hundreds of coordinate formats from www.spatialreference.org;
• Metric, imperial and hybrid distance units;
Known Issue : Adding photos will not work in Android Honeycomb Tablets. We are working to fix this issue.
Your privacy is guaranteed. The app does not ask for any internet permission. You can be rest assured that none of the details are sent to any server. The app only requests for location permission, so that you can record your location along with your hiking memory.
- Add unlimited hike photos
- Edit hike records.
- Record hiking co-ordinates.
- Record location and name of hiking trail.
- Record weather during your hike.
- Record length of hike.
- Record difficulty level of hike.
- Record any other notes.
GPS Trails Pro works in remote places like national parks, wilderness areas, and backcountry spots without relying on data and cell signals.
With GPS Trails Pro, you can:
Turn your phone into a GPS: Navigate via precise satellite signals in and out of cell network.
Capture waypoints: Mark campsites, trailheads, water sources, summits, and more.
Track every step: Record or follow your tracks and routes. Store unlimited tracks.
Share your trip: Post adventures to backpacker.com, Twitter and Facebook.
Geotag your photos, videos, and sound clips: Save coordinates with every image and see their exact location on a map. Auto-save videos to your YouTube account too.
View maps: See unlimited street maps, aerial photos, hybrid street/aerial maps, and topo maps provided by MyTopo.
Navigate on the trail: Be an expert backcountry navigator. Use the digital compass to follow bearings or go to waypoints on the trail.
Create map packs to store maps on your phone. This app allows you to save topos (MyTopo), aerials (Bing), streets (OSM), and terrain (OCM) map types.
Get worldwide aerial images on your phone. Our app gives you rare access to view and store offine aerial imagery from Bing maps.
View stats: See 10 stats, including elevation, speed, and distance.
Pick your coordinates: Choose latitude/longitude or UTM and WGS 84 or NAD 27 then use GPS Trails for advanced navigation with traditional paper maps.
Download Pro Trips: Follow our step-by-step trail guides of popular trails and lesser-known routes in national parks, national forests, and local parks, including Yellowstone, Yosemite, Grand Canyon, Great Smoky Mountains, Glacier, Rocky Mountain, White Mountains, Adirondacks, Catskills, Zion, Arches, Canyonlands, Acadia, Mount Rainier, Everglades, Olympic, and more. Find hikes near major cities: New York City, Seattle, Portland, LA, Denver, Chicago, Boston, Atlanta, and more. Plus find section hikes on the Appalachian Trail, Pacific Crest Trail, and the Continental Divide Trail.
Search trips: Find thousands of trips shared by the Backpacker editors and the trimbleoutdoors.com community.
Plan trips: Plan trips with map tools at trimbleoutdoors.com and wirelessly sync them to Backpacker GPS Trails app. You can mark points, draw tracks, upload GPS files, print maps, and more. (requires membership)
Get published: Every month the editors at Backpacker handpick adventures shared by its online community to be published in the magazine. Kickstart your adventure writing and photography career with GPS Trails.
NEW: Plug in statewide topo maps into your Android with our new SD cards. Learn more at: http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/SDCards/
Supported Phones: GPS Trails Pro is designed and optimized for the Android phones.
Battery Life: While we optimize our code to cut down on power requirements, continued use of the GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. For longer dayhikes or overnight trips, we suggest packing lightweight battery packs to charge the phone.
Follow Us: We’ve created a Facebook page for our mobile apps to discuss upcoming releases, new features, and your feedback. Your feedback helps us create a better app. Go to: facebook.com/backpackergpstrails.
Backpacker brings the outdoors straight to the reader's doorstep, inspiring and enabling them to go more places and enjoy nature more often. The authority on active adventure, Backpacker is the world's first GPS-enabled™ magazine and website, and the only outdoor media whose editors and network of map contributors personally map the hiking trails they publish.
Hiking GPS works in remote places national and wilderness areas out of reach of data and cell signals. You can add and view your map points and then in data areas view your recorded trips with google maps.
If there is a problem with the translation please contact us at email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you like this app please press like on this page
Rapidly create a photo eBook right from your phone. Hiking InstEbook includes:
- Keep adding photos and experiences and republishing
- Email your published book right from the app to as many people as you like
- Custom cover produced from your photos
-Add map location information to each photo or note
- Enjoy viewing on any tablet, computer, or smartphone
- Thousands of hiking trails and campgrounds, searchable by location
- Premium topo maps with detailed trail information in most areas
- Outdoor photo of the day
- Access to the entire Tripleblaze blog archive with how tos, trip reports, and gear reviews
- Add your own photos and reviews and check in at your favorite outdoor spots
** Note: Please try our free app, Tripleblaze Lite, to determine if Tripleblaze Topo will work with your device. **
The ultimate travel guide comes to your Android, with offline viewing. This guide has:
- all the must see locations, including pictures, details and an offline map
- offline maps, at 4 levels, so you can find your way without internet access
- all the country info you need to know before you go
- all the annual events you should go to if you can
- an offline version of the wikitravel page
- the current local time
- the exchange rate
- the local weather
Best of the Superior Hiking Trail includes:
- descriptions of each hike
- a trail map for each hike
- directions to the starting points
- all trail maps are included in the download
Superior Hiking Trail Highlights:
- extends over 280 miles from Duluth, Minnesota to the Canadian border
- designed for both day hikes and backpacking
- passes through both public and private lands
- easily accessible every few miles
- signs at the access points
- trail is well marked with blue paint blazes along the trail
- wear sturdy footwear
- carry water and snacks
- bring rain gear
- allow one hour for every one to two miles walked
Dogs are allowed on leash only. No off-road vehicles or bicycles allowed. Camping only in designated sites.
The Superior Hiking Trail Association builds, maintains, and manages the trail with the help of hundreds of members and volunteers.
- shows your current position on the map,
- searches locations on the map (requires internet connection),
- shows current coordinates, elevation, and accuracy of GPS,
- records your track (also while running in background),
- calculates your recorded track statistics (distance covered, duration, elevation gain, speed, ...),
- renders elevation profiles,
- exports your recorded track into GPX or KML file (file is either saved on memory card or sent by email),
- adjusts GPS accuracy (lower accuracy settings extend the battery life).
The map in this application was generated using data from the OpenStreetMaps project. This data is licensed under (c) OpenStreetMap contributors. The map tiles and design is licensed under (c) Daniel Tekel.]
Important warning: Do not substitute the application map for the official hiking maps in your area. The application map currently covers approximately 90% of the existing trails. The author of this application assumes no responsibility for any map inaccuracies.
These are the areas I have highlighted within this app and are places rich with beauty and history, Included are the locations that give one the opportunity to become one with the history, to look through the eyes of those that settled this nation and see both how and where they lived. It is a rare opportunity one has to walk through the same doorway that someone as infamous as Butch Cassidy had as a child and looking through a weathered window in his boyhood home at the snow covered mountains as if it were through his eyes., or touching a fragmented piece of pottery created thousands of years ago by the ancient Anasazi who farmed this land from 700 to 1300 AD, not realizing that it was their fate to become an extinct civilization a doom brought on by unexpected drought Phenomenon which some claim we are beginning to experience ourselves in the 20th Century. The areas highlighted include NV, CA, UT, AZ and CO
What are you waiting for? Download our app, and get hiking!
NOTE: If you do not have android version 3.0 or above, the MAP feature will not work.
1. This app requires no internet connection because all data is saved within the app. So it will work when you are in the mountains hiking!
2. Recommendation and nearby hikes are clickable and will redirect you to the specific hike.
3. Map button on the bottom of a hike detail page will show a map of the hike and your current location.
- Search the itinerary of interest by browsing the contents, possibly with a keyword search
- Read the tech sheet and the description of the tour to understand its characteristics
- Save the most interesting tours into a favorites list
- Download tours, to use them off-line
- Find the route to the starting point
- See on the map the route track and your position, while reading compass and altimeter
- See the points of interest around you with augmented reality
- See photos and read descriptions of points of interest
- Have available telephone, mail and internet of shelters and restaurants, and use them with a click
- Read the latest news: new itineraries, new features, etc.
- Emergency SMS and call
- Display a specific help page at any time
- Can be installed in the external memory
All contents available in the app are also available on the reference website www.trekking-etc.it
IMPORTANT: Please refer to the website and check if your geographical area of interest is covered, before downloading the app. If you want to contribute, in order to extend the geographical coverage of tours, please contact us via the web site!