This is not an official Metro app; I am not affiliated with Metro in any way.
Transit Tracker - LA allows riders to take advantage of the the API for tracking Metro buses in the Los Angeles County area.
Transit Tracker - LA also includes the ability to download route schedules.
Transit Tracker - LA allows you to define alerts for Metro routes and stops; get a notification when a vehicle on a specific route is approaching or arriving at a particular stop.
Please send me an email if you find a problem or if you have any comments or suggestions.
- Put in one or more route numbers, separated by spaces or commas, and see all buses on those routes or put in an individual bus number (printed on the side of Metro buses).
- You can request a route schedule for any Metro route by entering its number. Schedules can be viewed as origin/destination tables or on a map. On the map, see when the next bus is scheduled to arrive by tapping on a stop. See all times for that stop by tapping on the info window that appears.
- Select your current location or an address you enter or select on a map as a search location for Metro stops that are nearby. You can specify a maximum number of stops to return as well as an optional route filter.
- You can define alerts for when a Metro vehicle is approaching or arriving at a particular stop. These alerts are based on distance from the stop, using the shape of the route defined by Metro.
- Because these alerts depend on the vehicle following the shape defined by Metro, if the vehicle is on detour, or if the vehicle isn't following the defined route for some other reason, your alert may not trigger as expected.
- Choose a light or dark theme.
- Show satellite imagery and/or color-coded traffic data on the map.
- Optionally keep the map screen from dimming and shutting off.
- Adjust the update interval of Metro vehicle locations.
- Choose a custom ringtone for alerts.