Transit Tracker - TriMet allows riders to take advantage of the the API for tracking TriMet buses in the Portland area.
Transit Tracker - TriMet also includes the ability to download route schedules.
Transit Tracker - TriMet allows you to define alerts for TriMet routes and stops; get a notification when a vehicle on a specific route is approaching or arriving at a particular stop.
Please send me an email if you find a problem or if you have any comments or suggestions.
- Put in one or more route numbers, separated by spaces or commas, and see all buses on those routes or put in an individual bus number (printed on the side of TriMet buses).
- You can request a route schedule for any TriMet route by entering its number. Schedules can be viewed as origin/destination tables or on a map. On the map, see when the next bus is scheduled to arrive by tapping on a stop. See all times for that stop by tapping on the info window that appears.
- Select your current location or an address you enter or select on a map as a search location for TriMet stops that are nearby. You can specify a maximum number of stops to return as well as an optional route filter.
- You can define alerts for when a TriMet vehicle is approaching or arriving at a particular stop. These alerts are based on distance from the stop, using the shape of the route defined by TriMet.
- Because these alerts depend on the vehicle following the shape defined by TriMet, if the vehicle is on detour, or if the vehicle isn't following the defined route for some other reason, your alert may not trigger as expected.
- Choose a light or dark theme.
- Show satellite imagery and/or color-coded traffic data on the map.
- Optionally keep the map screen from dimming and shutting off.
- Adjust the update interval of TriMet vehicle locations.
- Choose a custom ringtone for TriMet alerts.
This is not an official TriMet app; I am not affiliated with TriMet in any way.