Use the built-in barcode scanner to find book information. Sometimes, when a book has multiple editions with different barcodes, you may not find your book by scanning. Try searching by typing or saying the book’s title. New books and barcodes are being added all the time to make Book Wizard Mobile even more up-to-date.
Book Wizard Mobile lets you instantly view:
Reading Level by:
- Grade Level Equivalent
- Lexile Measure
- Guided Reading Level
Teachers can also:
• Create and save book lists, or an entire classroom library list to your existing Scholastic.com account.
• Modify existing book lists associated with your account.
• Share your book lists on your Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest accounts.
• Email your book list to colleagues and friends.
This app does NOT collect:
• Personally identifiable information other than your Scholastic.com user name, which may be your email address.
• Unique device ID
This app does collect device category (mobile/tablet) and device type (iPhone, iPod Touch, etc)
This app collects general geo-location information associated with the internet service provider through which you get internet access on your device. Scholastic does not store this information.
Developer: Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012, 800-SCHOLASTIC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer support: www.scholastic.com/bookwizardmobile
- Soar through space as each crew member, unlocking cool new parts for each ship as you go!
- The gang’s all here! Play as Comet, Halley, Jet, Radar or Sputnik.
- Master the gravity mechanic to avoid crazy obstacles. Collect enough energy to keep flying!
- Keep an eye out for power-ups that will help you soar to success!
- Head on over to the hangar to upgrade your ships.
Sprout is the 24-hour preschool channel that parents and kids share together — for shows, activities, and adventures!
How it works
Users log on to the Reading Companion web site and are presented with material to read. An on-screen mentor, or companion, "reads" a phrase to the user and then provides an opportunity for the user to read the material, using a headset microphone. (Depending on the accuracy of what was read, the companion provides positive reinforcement (e.g., "You sound great!"), gives the user an opportunity to try again, or offers the correct reading of the words on the screen. As the user's skill improves, the technology reads less material so that the learner reads more.
Using this app students can use Reading Companion from Android devices.
My Library is a simple application that helps you to manage your library at books.google.com.
My Library main features:
• utilizes the phone's camera to scan a barcode
• adds/removes books from your books.google.com shelves
• enables you to download pdf of books in public domain
• creates a shelf that shows personalized recommendations to you
• support for tablet devices
• 5 short, engaging stories for young readers per grade level
• A variety of fiction and nonfiction
• Track stories read and what’s next on the reading list
• Automatic suggestions to increase reading difficulty when students achieve consistently fast wpm scores
• Timer automatically calculates wpm for each reading attempt
• Each grade 1 through 4 story includes questions to check reading understanding
•Question pools of 6 to 9 questions per story gauge comprehension on rereading attempts
•Question prompts for grade 1 stories include audio support for developing readers
Summary Charts and Graphs
• Grade Stats: Per-student chart shows fluency (time) and comprehension (correct answers) mastery across the grade level
• Story Stats: Per-student chart shows fluency wpm and correct answers for the last 6 reading attempts per story
• Easily delete single reading attempts from charts
• Classroom teachers or reading specialists performing student reading assessments like DIBELS
• Educators looking for age-appropriate, Flesch-Kincaid-aligned reading passages for reading or literacy instruction
• Parents seeking a way to gauge their child’s current reading proficiency
K12 Timed Reading & Comprehension Practice was created by K12 Inc. as part of its comprehensive Language Arts and Phonics curriculum. Learn more at http://www.k12.com/what-is-k12/.
For help with technical problems, e-mail email@example.com
= FREE Trial "Rising Dino" =
= FREE Trial "Boom Boom ain't it great to be crazy" =
= FREE Trial search and connect adventure book =
= FREE Trial "First words for kids" for baby =
8 months to 12 years of age.
** All parents, boys and girls will love reading and playing it over and over again!
We've selected must read stories, some in a fun game feature and for you and the young ones to read and play.
- To optimize children's reading experience, we've carefully designed every component in the app, including script, narrations, BGM, movement and lovable characters.
- You can switch off the "read to me" mode and read along it by yourself. This is very effective to learn how to read.
** Fairy tales from the West (Andersen, Grimm, Aethope and others)
- Three little pigs story
- The little mermaid
- Snow White
** Fairy tales from the East
- The peach boy
** First words for kids
- Living room / dining room, Kitchen
- Numbers / Colors
- Body / Clothes
- Zoo / Aquarium
** Tap'n seek song book
- The Bear Went Over The Mountain
- ABCsong / fun alphabet toddler game
- Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
- Old McDonald
** Rising Dino
Be a part of the dino expedition team! Dig up various dino bones and bring them back to life! In this app, have fun learning about dinos through great illustrations, sound effects and action in a game like feature. It's like having a dinosaur excavation and a bunch of pet dinosaurs with you at all times!
- Where are the dino bones hiding? Swipe the screen and dig them up. When you swipe even more, the dinos will come back alive!
- Tap the dinos and listen to them make realistic sounds. Detailed dino info.
- A fun preschoolgames for little kids.
** Mr.Connecto =search and connect adventure book=
- When you tap characters, they will tell you what they want. Search for relating people that will fulfill their needs from the map and "Connecto", make both of them happy! Awsome
kids educational game.
- There are 50 characters in the map and they will randomly move around each time you start the app. So, you won't get tired of playing "Connecto".
- Kid's favorite characters such as fireman and police officers, people that are active in our daily lives, and hilarious ones will appear in "Connecto". This is also a fun learning material for social studies.
** Babies love books/Perfect games for babies
- Selling over 10 million baby books and creating mega hit baby shows on national TV, Yuichi Kimura now produced a series of apps combining interactive stories and videos just for babies.
- You will be amazed to see them glued to the story, having fun and actually start tapping!
- Some contains story and songs for children that makes children sleep.
Monthly subscription (auto-renewal)
**About Auto Renewal Subscription
- Subscription automatically renews until auto renew is turned off by the user at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Payment will be charged to Google Account at confirmation of purchase.
Speed Reading Buddy has been proven to help kids improve their reading speed, with some users doubling or tripling their reading speed after several weeks of use! Our program uses targeted exercises to help improve reading fluency and is particularly useful for students with ADHD and dyslexia.
The FREE version of our program includes over 20 different selections for a wide range or reading levels.
· Easy navigation
· Test taking tips to help you prepare for your test
· Reference section for reviewing reading skills
· Podcasts that reinforce these skills
· Practice questions with immediate feedback
· Explanations for every question
· Ability to review all completed questions or reset and start over
Reading Skills Areas
· Main Ideas & Summarization
· Organizational Patterns
· Tone & Bias
Supports the popular Lexile®, DRA (Developmental Reading Assessment®), and Guided Reading leveling systems.
• Scan a book's ISBN and see its level.
• Search for a book by title, author, or level.
• Add books to your personal library.
The database focuses on grades K through 8.
An online manual for Literacy Leveler is available at http://fikesfarm.com/litlev
- Significant increases in your reading speed
- Eye-exercises and improvements in your mental capacity
This speed reading app provides everything you need to read texts of all types faster, more effectively and most of all, with better retention.
The PowerReader allows you to get your daily work done while practicing important reading skills.
Learning reading techniques has never been this much fun!
Double your reading speed in just a few days.
Trial users have used this software to increase their reading speed by an average of 143% in 10 days.
Do you currently need 30 minutes to read the daily paper? Soon you will read two papers and, in addition, another chapter in an interesting non-fiction book – within the same time period.
This innovative app provides the ideal platform to achieve measurable results with a minimum of effort.
But that’s not all: You will have fun mastering the skills you need to attain effective reading techniques and significantly increase your reading speed; this means:
- Rapid recognition of numbers, letters and words
- Flexible eye movements
- Improved ability to concentrate
- Increased vision span
The app guides you through the individual training steps.
The software immediately recognizes your strengths and weaknesses. The statistics function lets you see and track your progress.
The results of each training exercise are charted for your review. More stars mean that you are getting closer to your objective: more effective reading skills and with it extremely high reading speeds.
You can check your reading speed at any time using different reading tests from a variety of topics.
Questions about the text are used as a secondary test to assess your retention ability. This is the ideal combination for mastering effective reading skills and high retention rates.
But beware: you might get hooked since early progress will motivate you to work on your skills regularly.
It is fun and you are doing something to stay mentally fit at the same time.
We recommend that you train regularly but not excessively to ensure best results.
Who needs this app?
- Anyone reading more than half an hour a day
- High-School and College students
- Purchasing and Sales Professionals
Who can benefit from this app?
- Do you often feel that you take too long to read something?
- Do you return to previous passages because something was not clear?
- Are you easily distracted while reading?
- Do you have difficulty recalling what you read?
If you answered ‘Yes’ to any of these questions then this app is what you need.
Straight Path Apps brings you the easiest, most convenient way to learn a book ‘s AR™ point value and level when you’re on the go. Simply scan the book’s ISBN (barcode) using your device's camera as a scanner and one screen later; you’ll see the book’s AR™ level, point value and quiz number. If your book doesn't have a barcode, no problem! Points Scan includes both a title and author search, as well.
Points Scan now utilizes a backup search to the WorldCat OCLC™ database for any ISBNs that aren't initially found in the AR database. This greatly enhances the apps efficiency.
Renaissance Learning™ developed Accelerated Reader ™ and is no way associated with Straight Path Apps.
If you want to try out Points Scan without any ads for only $0.99, check out the premium version of Points Scan.
Use of this app requires an active account for Lexia Reading Core5™. If you do not have a username and password, please contact your school for more information.
Please note: Lexia Reading Core5 is a new program, and differs from the company’s older product, called “Lexia Reading.” Contact your school to verify which Lexia program your child uses. Lexia offers apps for both programs.
Lexia Reading Core5 is not currently available for individual (non-school) purchases. However, individuals can purchase licenses to “Lexia Reading” by visiting the Lexia’s website.
About Lexia Reading Core5:
Designed as an essential component of every reading curriculum, Lexia Reading Core5 provides personalized learning for students of all abilities in grades pre-K–5, and delivers norm-referenced performance data without interrupting the flow of instruction to administer a test.
Students are automatically placed at the appropriate level and work independently—via Android, browser or desktop client—to develop their foundational reading skills. The program provides immediate corrective feedback and explicit instruction, supporting students when they struggle and advancing them to higher levels as they demonstrate proficiency. Students work in a structured, sequential manner with a focus on:
• Foundational reading skills to develop automaticity and fluency
• Listening and reading comprehension with complex text
• Academic and domain-specific vocabulary to improve comprehension
Each student follows a personalized learning path, with adaptive placement and pacing in activities designed to meet the most rigorous academic standards, including the Common Core State Standards. Based on students’ work in the program, teachers receive data-driven action plans—unique to each student—that are simple to interpret and drive differentiated instruction. Within the first month of use, teachers will know each student's probability of meeting end-of-year, grade-level benchmarks, and will receive the recommended resources and intensity of instruction necessary to change the trajectory for at-risk students. Teachers can focus on instruction—without having to stop to administer a test—by using the program's norm-referenced, embedded assessment and Common Core progress monitoring.
Established with a promise to improve student literacy through the use of technology, more than one million students learn with Lexia. The company’s award-winning instructional approach has been nationally recognized and proven effective in six peer-reviewed, research-based outcome studies published in scientific journals such as The Journal of Reading Research and the Bilingual Research Journal.
There are five recipes inside the How to Make Sushi application:
* how to make special Japanese sushi rice
* how to make Maki Sushi
* how to make Nigiri Sushi
* how to make Sweet Sushi
* how to make Oshi Sushi
Following the steps for each of this steps together with the sample pictures that are provided you will learn how to make your own sushi at home in no time.
Sushi is a Japanese food consisting of cooked vinegared rice (shari) combined with other ingredients (neta), usually raw fish or other seafood. Neta and forms of sushi presentation vary, but the ingredient which all sushi have in common is vinegared rice called sushi-meshi.
Sushi is traditional Japanese the most common ingredient is short grained rice combined with raw fish, other seafood or vegetables. According to some sources sushi originates from China and is introduces to Japan afterwards.
Sushi in Japan and all over the world is served in wonderfully arranged dishes and sushi master compete in order to bring best look to their work. This is what makes sushi so popular and the number of sushi restaurants is constantly increasing.
As the sushi popularity grows more and more types are created. Nowadays sushi is divided in two big groups - traditional sushi and western-style sushi.
cook sushi, prepare sushi, sushi recipe, make sushi at home, sushi chief, sushi guide, cook guide, sushi cookbook
★ Winner 2011 Editor's Choice Award, Children's Technology Review
★ 15 Great Apps for Kids, Babble.com
★ Parenting Magazine “Best App for Kids”
Millions of kids have learned to read with Bob Books. Now Bob Books is available for Android with Bob Books Reading Magic!
Start your child reading with the free Lite version of this phonics-based interactive game. Even very young children love the simple drag-and-drop interface. Your favorite Bob Books characters and full-color animations encourage kids along the path of learning to read. Each game level increases the challenge just enough to keep your child engaged and acquiring new reading skills.
Bob Books Reading Magic continues Bob Books’ commitment to bringing children a satisfying, successful first reading experience, with easy first steps, wholesome values, authentic hand-drawn illustrations, and beautiful full-color animations.
Bob Books Reading Magic will show your child how to:
-Make the connection between letters and sounds.
-Sound out simple words.
-Spell the words they’ve read.
The free LITE version of the game includes the first two scenes from the Reading Magic #1 game. Four game levels provide increasing challenges to children as they play.
Bob Books Reading Magic follows the same method and principles as the #1 bestselling Bob Books series. Bob Books were created to lead to the ah-ha moment when letters first turn into words. By slowly introducing new letter sounds, using consistency, repetition and stories that fit short attention spans, your child will quickly find his or her own ah-ha moment. This is the reading magic of Bob Books. Soon your child will join over 4 million children who can proudly say, “I read the whole book!”
*** If you like Bob Books Reading Magic LITE, please buy the full version for 10 more scenes, many more new words, and more fun! ***
*** We love getting feedback from our users. If you have questions or comments, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. ***
For more information about Bob Books, visit: http://bobbooks.com
Thank you for supporting Bob Books! Please rate our app in the Google Play store.
A variety of children's stories and picture books (with audio) - with something for every child at every reading stage! Keep kids excited and motivated with points and stickers.
*Download and Register TODAY to get 20 books for FREE for a LIMITED TIME*
For our first release, we have partnered with diverse publishers and author/illustrators to bring you a wide selection of stories.
Publishers include Orca Books, Little Pickle Press, Shen's Books, Karadi Tales, Era Publications and more.
Basic books, books for first time readers and longer classic tales as well. Books can be read with audio playback (autoplay) or without it.We even have one Spanish story!
FEATURES AND EXCITEMENT INCLUDE -
* 20 Free books when you register
* Read with audio or without
* Kids get points every time they read a book.
* Kids earn stickers for reading more and more.
* Kids unlock a book related game when they read a book (games included with 5 books)
* Parents are informed of the stickers that the kids earn via e-mail. A great way to be involved in your child's reading journey!
oin Readathon2012 with MeMeTales. Find out more at http://blog.memetales.com/readathon
MeMeTales is proud to support partners like PBSKids, HarperCollins, Little Pickle Press, Shen's Books and several quality publishers bring their books to readers for FREE via Readathon2012.
*** We now offer a NEW book FREE every single week. For a WHOLE week. So come back every Monday and discover the new free book of the week and read it all you like until it goes back into the store in 7 days ***
from 9 months up to 3 years old.
The app has been designed all the way through with young children's needs in mind with bright, friendly graphics, happy music and easy responsive interactions ensuring young children stay absorbed in the app.
Magic Baby Books is also a great way for toddlers to learn their first animal names and noises through sounds, voice overs, images and words.
We've tested it on our own toddlers, on the communities kids and we are confident that your child will love it as much as ours have!
What people have been saying about it:
"My 3 year old son is playing it now and its awesome! :) He
loves it so far" - Angie
"Have been testing out the app with Louis quite a lot since downloading it. Great news is, I love it and more importantly Louis does" - Ewan