- Significant increases in your reading speed
- Eye-exercises and improvements in your mental capacity
This speed reading app provides everything you need to read texts of all types faster, more effectively and most of all, with better retention.
The PowerReader allows you to get your daily work done while practicing important reading skills.
Learning reading techniques has never been this much fun!
Double your reading speed in just a few days.
Trial users have used this software to increase their reading speed by an average of 143% in 10 days.
Do you currently need 30 minutes to read the daily paper? Soon you will read two papers and, in addition, another chapter in an interesting non-fiction book – within the same time period.
This innovative app provides the ideal platform to achieve measurable results with a minimum of effort.
But that’s not all: You will have fun mastering the skills you need to attain effective reading techniques and significantly increase your reading speed; this means:
- Rapid recognition of numbers, letters and words
- Flexible eye movements
- Improved ability to concentrate
- Increased vision span
The app guides you through the individual training steps.
The software immediately recognizes your strengths and weaknesses. The statistics function lets you see and track your progress.
The results of each training exercise are charted for your review. More stars mean that you are getting closer to your objective: more effective reading skills and with it extremely high reading speeds.
You can check your reading speed at any time using different reading tests from a variety of topics.
Questions about the text are used as a secondary test to assess your retention ability. This is the ideal combination for mastering effective reading skills and high retention rates.
But beware: you might get hooked since early progress will motivate you to work on your skills regularly.
It is fun and you are doing something to stay mentally fit at the same time.
We recommend that you train regularly but not excessively to ensure best results.
Who needs this app?
- Anyone reading more than half an hour a day
- High-School and College students
- Purchasing and Sales Professionals
Who can benefit from this app?
- Do you often feel that you take too long to read something?
- Do you return to previous passages because something was not clear?
- Are you easily distracted while reading?
- Do you have difficulty recalling what you read?
If you answered ‘Yes’ to any of these questions then this app is what you need.
TIME AND LOG READING MINUTES WITH AN INTERACTIVE STOPWATCH
This feature operates just like a real stopwatch, so kids can start/stop, pause to take a break, and watch their reading minutes add up! Once they’re finished reading for the day, they can enter their minutes into a personal weekly log. Parents can track kids' daily reading activity and see how many total minutes they have logged.
BOOST MOTIVATION TO KEEP KIDS READING WHILE SCHOOL IS OUT
During the summer months (May 6 to September 6), the Scholastic Reading Timer app will be tied into the Scholastic Summer Challenge, where kids can win virtual rewards when they log their reading minutes. Once they have reached their reading goal for the week, kids who are registered for the Scholastic Summer Challenge can spin the wheel of prizes. Prizes include downloadable virtual badges of beloved storybook characters like Captain Underpants and Geronimo Stilton! Kids can download their virtual badges and store them in their personal prize center.
HELP SCHOOLS BREAK THE READ FOR THE WORLD RECORD
If kids are registered for the Scholastic Summer Challenge, their reading minutes count toward the total minutes read for their school. Kids can browse school rankings to see which schools have logged the most minutes right on their mobile device. As part of the Scholastic Summer Challenge, schools are helping to Read for the World Record and break last year’s record of 95,859,491 total minutes read! The 20 schools that log the most minutes will be recognized in the 2014 Scholastic Book of World Records and will receive a congratulatory plaque. Plus, the school with the most minutes read will win a school visit from Captain Underpants creator Dav Pilkey!
DAILY TIPS, ARTICLES, AND BOOKLISTS FOR PARENTS
Support growing readers by reading daily tips, interesting articles, and age-appropriate booklists designed to help parents choose the right books for their kids, build a successful home library, engage their reluctant readers, and more!
This app can only be used as a generic reading minutes timer. This app does not collect personally identifiable information. If you would like to learn more about Scholastic’s online privacy practices generally, please go to http://www.scholastic.com/privacy.htm
This app includes:
*Links ONLY to Scholastic website and app stores
*No social media sharing
This app collects:
*Device type and operating system used
*First name (stored locally)
Developer: Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, New York 10012, 800-SCHOLASTIC, email@example.com
Customer support: www.scholastic.com/custsupport
Use the built-in barcode scanner to find book information. Sometimes, when a book has multiple editions with different barcodes, you may not find your book by scanning. Try searching by typing or saying the book’s title. New books and barcodes are being added all the time to make Book Wizard Mobile even more up-to-date.
Book Wizard Mobile lets you instantly view:
Reading Level by:
- Grade Level Equivalent
- Lexile Measure
- Guided Reading Level
Teachers can also:
• Create and save book lists, or an entire classroom library list to your existing Scholastic.com account.
• Modify existing book lists associated with your account.
• Share your book lists on your Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest accounts.
• Email your book list to colleagues and friends.
This app does NOT collect:
• Personally identifiable information other than your Scholastic.com user name, which may be your email address.
• Unique device ID
This app does collect device category (mobile/tablet) and device type (iPhone, iPod Touch, etc)
This app collects general geo-location information associated with the internet service provider through which you get internet access on your device. Scholastic does not store this information.
Developer: Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012, 800-SCHOLASTIC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer support: www.scholastic.com/bookwizardmobile
A library management app that allows you to scan your books' ISBNs to view the Guided Reading, Lexile®, Grade Level Equivalent, and DRA levels for the book and store them in a personalized library. You can build your leveled library quickly by searching our comprehensive database of over 230K books spanning those 4 leveling standards. We have a passion for education and our goals are to help you organize your classroom library and to alleviate the struggles associated with finding the levels of books. This app is great for educators who need to level their classroom library and also need a way to organize those books digitally. Parents will also find this app useful in order to locate level appropriate books for their child's reading enjoyment.
◆ App is featured on David Kapuler's bucket list of top educational apps found on Tech&Learning: http://www.techlearning.com/default.aspx?tabid=67&entryid=5300
‣ Scan or manually search by ISBN, book title or author to lookup level information.
‣ View a new book of the day recommended by teachers every day.
‣ Create and maintain libraries of your leveled books.
‣ Loan out your books and keep track of them by utilizing the Check out and in feature.
‣ Create and maintain roster(s) of your students for checking out books and maintaining reading levels.
‣ Create and maintain wish lists of books that you don't currently have, but would like to get in the future.
‣ Social - Educators can submit book levels and recommendations to benefit other users (Levels will be independently reviewed for accuracy before going live).
‣ An active support team that is dedicated to developing new features and adding new books to our database.
Join us in building the best community for educators and parents to support the on going growth of our children!
We would love to hear from you! If you have any issues, questions, or suggestions, please use the Contact Us page in the app or email us at email@example.com. You can also visit us at levelitbooks.com, on Facebook at facebook.com/LevelItBooks, and on Twitter @LevelItBooks.
The ISBN scanner feature requires a device with an auto-focus camera (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S4).
This app also requires internet connectivity (e.g. WiFi, 3G, 4G, LTE) to communicate with our back end service to bring you the great features of this app.
All of BugbrainED’s apps are based on the common core. The standard in fluency is as follows:
Read with sufficient accuracy and fluency to support comprehension.
a. Read on-level text with purpose and understanding.
b. Read on-level text orally with accuracy, appropriate rate, and expression on successive readings.
c. Use context to confirm or self-correct word recognition and understanding, rereading as necessary.
* Learning through animation, sound and touch.
* Bugs do the teaching to add fun and whimsy.
* The “Check Yourself” section tests your child’s learning and shows you the scores.
* Tutorial format guides your child through the activities.
* Based on the Common Core Standards for 1st Graders.
*Give your child a head start on first grade literacy.
* Correct answers get immediate and consistent praise while wrong answers simply ask them to try again.
*Multi-sensory learning creates a high degree of interactivity through voice, written words and animations.
*Fun bug graphics holds your child’s attention.
* Personalized feedback every step of the way.
· Easy navigation
· Test taking tips to help you prepare for your test
· Reference section for reviewing reading skills
· Podcasts that reinforce these skills
· Practice questions with immediate feedback
· Explanations for every question
· Ability to review all completed questions or reset and start over
Reading Skills Areas
· Main Ideas & Summarization
· Organizational Patterns
· Tone & Bias
MobyMax also includes classroom tools such as Messenger, Vibes, Clicker, The Wall, Contests, Games, Badges, Goals, Certificates, Parent Portal, and Printable Worksheets!
MobyMax is for all students. Moby's adaptive curriculum creates a unique, individualized education plan for each student, allowing gifted students to progress as quickly as they like while simultaneously ensuring that remedial students get the extra instruction they need. You've never experienced differentiation like this in the classroom.
How to use:
1. Point your camera to some text (in a book, a sign , ...) and the camera will automatically capture the text and say it
2. If you cannot hear the speech - check that you have a Text-to-Speech engine on the device that supports your language - English is already part of the default Google TTS engine
For Hebrew : try installing this one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2566795
For best reading results:
1. Re-size the rectangle to fit the specific word or words you would like to hear
2. move the camera slowly forward and backwards while keeping the text in the rectangle for best results
Tested with English and Hebrew
- Various factors can cause the OCR to fail: uneven illumination, stylized text, or text without enough contrast from the background. Try to have good lighting.
- Hold the device steady, and be sure the picture is in focus.
- If you need to scan a large block of text or an entire document, consider using a flatbed scanner or a document scanning app such as TextFairy instead.
SAMSUNG DEVICE NOTES
- On Samsung Galaxy devices, you may need to long-press the menu button to set preferences.
- You may get better results if you un-check "Standard focus mode".
- This app is based on an open source project. It's source code is available at https://github.com/rmtheis/android-ocr.
Do you already use both Raz-Kids and Reading A-Z? If so, this app gives you 1,100+ eBooks and eQuizzes from the "On Your Own" area of Raz-Kids! That’s nearly four times the number of reading resources when compared to what you get with just Raz-Kids! Not sure what Reading A-Z is? ReadingA-Z.com is the CODiE Award-winning website that teachers use to get thousands of reading resources, including printable and projectable leveled books, quizzes, lesson plans, worksheets, phonics resources, as well as resources for implementing Common Core, and much more. When combined with Raz-Kids, Reading A-Z provides teachers and students with the ultimate blended reading solution!