Get the facts about the history that's hidden all around you, including architecture, museums, battlefields, monuments, famous homes and much more! And now, you can explore TOURS, a new feature that use locations as a way to learn about historical themes and topics, such as Marilyn Monroe's Hollywood, Civil War Atlanta and Al Capone's Chicago.
WE ARE ADDING MORE POINTS OF INTEREST ALL THE TIME. Know a place that's not listed in the app? Use the Suggest a Place feature to submit it to the HISTORY editorial team.
* Thousands of exclusive points of interest, written by the history experts at HISTORY®.
* Select your current location with GPS or search any location across the country.
* Tap Surprise Me! to see a random location somewhere in the U.S.
* Display historic locations in a zoomable, map-based view or in a scrolling list.
* Share the locations you find with friends via Facebook, Twitter and email.
* Get distances and driving or walking directions to points of interest.
My places helps you save, SHARE, filter and display on a map all places you've liked with the categories you've created.
Display your friends' places on the map if you need more ideas.
Long click on a location gives you access Edit, Delete or Get Directions menu.
With its handy features, you can get your answers in no time. Here are a few:
1. Favorites- This feature allows you to save all information the places you want to or already visited.
2. Travelogue- Travel today in history? Now, share this experiences with your Travelogue. Add life to your experiences by adding pictures and videos to your travelogue.
3. Travel Journal- This feature allows you to plan your trips in detail without the fear of forgetting any important dates as you can set reminders to these events.
Turn to World Historical Places to map out your Expedition today and to know about some unknown facts around your world history. Relive our history with World Historical Places.
Tour Boston's Freedom Trail App is jam packed with content including full audio, HD video footage, GEO location and maps, thorough historical information about each of the sites, and important details such as public restroom locations, handicap accessibility, contact information and hours of operation.
The Freedom Trail is Boston’s most famous attraction. The 2 ½ mile red line winds its way through the city, linking historically significant sites and telling the story of the birth of the United States. This interactive App covers all of the 16 official sites on the Freedom Trail, along with many other interesting “unofficial” sites that you might otherwise pass right by. In total there are 45 points of interest, making this the ultimate app to guide you through Boston's Freedom Trail. It is the only guide you need to learn all about this important piece of history, while you go at your own pace.
Summary of Features:
- Learn about Boston’s famous Freedom Trail
- Great historical information about the trail and each site
- Extra “unofficial” stops along the way
– Don’t miss a thing!
- 45 Total Points of Interest!
- Full audio, video and text for each site so you can choose how to experience the trail
- Geo-location & maps so you won’t get lost
- Beautiful HD video footage of each site
- Restroom information,
- Handicapped accessibility information
- Hours of operation & contact information for the sites
- Wikipedia links for even more information
- Self-guided tour
-Your location is now shown on the map(when location services are enabled)
- Save money and go at your own pace!
- The map points show official stops in Red, and unofficial stops in Purple. Stops are now all displayed on the map.
- Now you can start from the Boston Common (stop 1) or Bunker Hill Monument (stop 16). Just shake the device or use the re-sort button on the iPad and the tour will be re-ordered to either 1-16 or 16-1.
- all the media can be downloaded to the device before you hit the trail. This is a great update for travelers that might go outside their network.
Read along with the text, or just relax and listen to the audio while you explore the sites. You’ll even find some little known facts, and interesting details about places that are not officially part of the trail, but that you might otherwise pass right by. With more features than any others available, you can experience a completely self-guided tour. This means you can move at your own pace and not worry about keeping up with an organized tour while you take in more of the city of Boston and take breaks when you want to. Learn everything you ever wanted to know about the Freedom Trail right here! Even if you can’t make the trip to Boston, this is a great app to learn about the Freedom Trail from the comfort of your home. With so much great information, full audio, hours of beautiful HD video clips and photographs, you’ll feel like you’re there!
- Write External Storage: Allows you to download the media content to your SD card
- Internet: Allows streaming/downloading of audio/video
- GPS Location: Allows the app to show your location on the Map View
- Access Network/Wifi State: Used to determine if Wifi is available(used when downloading media)
- Wake Lock: allows the app to keep a Wifi lock while you are downloading media from the Download page
Watch the latest full episodes free through participating television service providers (phones and tablets currently support AT&T U-verse, Bright House Networks, Cox, Comcast XFINITY, DIRECTV, DISH (new!), Midcontinent Communications (new!), Optimum, Time Warner Cable and Verizon FiOS -- we are working to add more providers).
• Convenient access to the latest full episodes and clips from your favorite Travel Channel shows and hosts. To watch the latest episodes, log in with the username and password provided by your television service provider.
• Subscribe to any show, host, destination or interest; your Watchlist is updated automatically whenever new content becomes available. The Watchlist also holds videos for you to resume watching at any time.
• Up-to-date, full TV schedule.
• Closed Captioning.
ANDROID TV USERS: Watch a large selection of the newest Travel Channel full episodes on the Nexus Player. Sign into your account from participating TV service providers for full access. Providers are Cox, DirecTV, DISH, Optimum and Verizon FiOS with more on the way soon for Android TV.
Watch Travel Channel can only be used in the United States.
Travel Moves You. So will the Watch Travel Channel app.
The states and provinces of the United States of America, Canada and Australia can now be explored and added to your map. States of more countries to come!
You could monitor or track the target phone with a browser all you need to do is to remember the target phone ID, which could easily be sent from the application.
Alternative usage could be to place a phone into your car to track its location.
Help keep track of your kids or aged parents.
Once installed the app and set area with alert target. your phone number in app and app will run hidden in the background. You will get exact location of targeted person via SMS if your target people go out of the set boundaries in MAP.Stop the tracking just uninstall the app.
How to use Application
- Long click red marker and drag to change your geofence are.
- Long click blue marker and drag to expand or shrink your geofence area.
- Click show geofence from menubar to see your geofence on map.
- Click current location from menubar to see your current location.
- Click set geofence from menubar to save your geofence area.
- Enter mobile in alert target to send sms alerts of your area if you are out of geofence defined by you.
- Select frequency to define time for sms alerts.
- Select disbale alerts to turn off sms alerts to alert target number you had set.
Millions of travelers are using TripAdvisor City Guides already, join them and get the most out of your trip.
Key reasons millions of travelers love TripAdvisor City Guides:
Need we say more? Download the app now, there’s absolutely no risk and we’re sure you’ll love it!
All City Guides work offline, no need live data connection, as everything is stored on your phone, after you do an initial update. This means you won’t be charged for expensive data roaming, and the app is super fast to use. You can update user reviews periodically when you are on WiFi.
RESTAURANTS, ATTRACTIONS, HOTELS
All places that are listed on TripAdvisor.com in this city are included each City Guide.
THOUSANDS OF USER REVIEWS
TripAdvisor’s community of millions of worldwide travelers ensures that content is fresh, plentiful and honest. With over 50 million reviews and thousands more added daily, City Guides offer the best and most recent content.
TripAdvisor members and destination experts have handpicked the best itineraries in the city for you, enabling you to explore interesting neighborhoods, famous landmarks and hidden gems. Using the phone's GPS, you can follow along and read about the interesting sights along the route.
Traveling with family, self-proclaimed foodie, or fans of places off the beaten path" Now City Guides has curated some customized itineraries to give you ideas of what to do , based on popular travel themes. View these lists and keep track of itinerary favorites in their “Saves” list.
POWERFUL YET EASY TO USE
Searching for pizza around Times Square? Coffee near the Eiffel Tower? Or do you just want to find a highly recommended place near you? With City Guides you can easily search any way you want, and find exactly what’s best for you and your travel companions.
The “Nearby Station” feature helps you find the closest station to your current location, or the restaurant, hotel, or attraction you are planning to visit. With the ability to see them on a map, this will help you navigate a new city easily.
POINT ME THERE
Once you have selected a restaurant or attraction, the City Guide will guide you there using the fun & useful “Point Me There” screen, which uses the phone’s GPS and Compass.
Written by TripAdvisor members and edited by professionals, City Facts articles provide helpful information for when you plan your trip, such as when to go, how to get around in the city, what neighborhoods to visit, etc.
This app leverages the GPS in the phone to show you the best restaurant, attractions etc nearby. City Guides also uses the compass to guide you to a place, once you selected it.
City Guides are available for :
Miami and Miami Beach
New York City
Rio de Janeiro
You ate that delicious Italian food at some restaurant but you can't remember its name? You passed by that bar that seemed pretty interesting but no place comes to your mind when you want to go out for a drink? You read about a fancy store in your favorite magazine and you want to mark it as "wanna go"?
*** No hassle with signing up, no need to login, nothing gets published, no bloatware features: Just a simple personal places notebook! ***
You can mark a place as liked, disliked, or wanna go! This way, you can instantly see why you had saved it in the first place.
Surely there are plenty of location based services that offer you to keep track of places you visited. So why bother to install another one? Let's think again: in Google Maps you can save a place, but you can't list all your saved places in you mobile device. Furthermore, any comment that you make about the place gets publicly visible in your Google+ profile. Do you really always want to make every personal experience about any place you visit to become public? Foursquare, Yelp, they all want you to sign up to save places. Even if you sign up, there is no way to take a personal note. In Tripadvisor, you can save a place without logging in, but there is no option to take notes or add your own pictures. When it comes to taking notes, simplicity matters! We still use post-its, right? ;-)
All place listings are retrieved from Google Places API. If the place you want to save isn't listed or some information is incorrect, you should go to Google Maps in your desktop web browser and suggest a new listing.
This is the first version of the app so please send your bug reports or comments to the email address using the link below before posting them in comments.
Keywords: Places near me, places nearby, place notes, place notebook, save places
You can view and manage your Google Location History information more easily.
You can find tracks, locations, places where you've been, you can view your individual distance, which you covered, check the time that you spent using Location History app.
• Location History app displays all the records of all the places, tracks, locations, where you've been, on the map.
• Location History app provides detailed information about your track in the logs.
• Location History has well designed interface to navigate between dates using the calendar for quick navigation between your locations.
• Location History app displays show time, address of moving for each location, track
• Ability to check location history, track in offline mode.
• Ability to check your track during one day.
• Ability to check location history, tracks for several users (you, family, friends)
• Calendar - shows location data which was loaded for quick navigation
• Log screen - shows distance which you covered, it can be used for quick navigation
• Ability to check your covered distance, tracks, locations, routes
• Location History is completely free to download.
• Using app as mobile location tracker for members of your family, you need just use their account on your device
• Graphic timeline to check tracks, routes, locations
Note: this app does not store any location data itself. It merely displays data retrieved from your Google location history
Note: if you have any ideas for improvemens this app or you found bugs please let me know.
The Booking.com hotel app puts over 600,000 properties at your fingertips for simple and secure booking on your Android phone and tablet. You'll find ideal accommodations anywhere, anytime – best price guaranteed.
WHY CHOOSE THE BOOKING.COM APP?
- When you need a hotel in a hurry, in one tap you can find the best hotels closest to you for tonight, and even book participating hotels without a credit card!
- And we don’t just have hotels: check out our range of villas, apartments, B&Bs, hostels and more in over 70,000 destinations worldwide.
- 40 million verified guest reviews help you find the perfect place to stay.
- Then, once you’ve booked, your confirmation is stored in the app to use at check-in. It’s even available if you don’t have internet access, so you’ll never print (or forget) your confirmation again!
- If you also use Booking.com on your computer, sign in to your account and we’ll automatically sync your bookings, recent searches, lists, account details and more to the app. Pick up where you left off, at any time.
FINDING THE PERFECT PLACE TO STAY
- Search by city, landmark, even hotel name, or just search for properties nearby in one tap.
- Sort by what’s important to you: best price, deals, guest review score, and more.
- Then narrow your search results with handy filters: price range, city districts, or facilities (e.g. Swimming Pool, Free WiFi, Parking) and more.
- Switch to map view to find hotels in your preferred neighborhood. HINT: If you’re on a tablet you can actually draw a specific area on the map with your finger to find results there!
- Large photos for tablet put you in the picture (and the mood) for your next trip.
- You can also save your favorite dreamy places to personalized lists (think of them as vacation wish lists!), which are synced across all devices if you’re signed in to your Booking.com account.
- Sign in to your Booking.com account and we’ll automatically fill your details for even faster booking, including the credit cards you’ve chosen to store.
- The app is available in 42 languages and you can view prices in 53 currencies.
GET THE BEST HOTEL DEALS
We showcase the best deals at all kinds of amazing properties (not just cheap hotels!)
- Secret Deals: You get first pick on great deals for hotels, apartments, resorts and more worldwide!
- Value Deals: Book hotels with the best value for their price and location.
- Late Deals: Find cheap hotels for last-minute hotel bookings near you.
HELPING YOU ALONG EVERY STEP OF YOUR STAY
- Save your booking confirmation to your photo gallery or access it offline in the app to check in easily, even without an internet connection.
- Find the way to your stay quickly and easily with maps.
- Adding hotel bookings to your calendar makes planning multiple stays easier.
- You can cancel or modify bookings on the move with the app.
- Access 24/7 Customer Service by phone or email. Customer Service is available in English and 41 other languages.
ALREADY A BOOKING.COM USER?
- After installing the app, sign in to the account you use on the Booking.com website. All of your hotel bookings, searches, viewed hotels, wish lists and account information will automatically be available in the app.
- You can easily switch between devices whenever you like. So if you’re at home on your laptop, or using your mobile on the go, all of your searches, bookings and more will be updated automatically as long as you’re signed in.
- You only have to sign in to your account once – we’ll keep you signed in to this hotels app.
- If you don’t have a Booking.com account, but made a booking on the website, you can import your booking to the app. Go to “My Bookings” in the account area and import using the Booking Number and PIN from your confirmation (also sent to you by email).
- Personalised home screen
Your home screen is your personal gateway into the BA app. Themed around your next destination, it will give you easy access to important information surrounding your flight, including your mobile boarding pass.
You can add the British Airways widget to your phone's home screen and get the latest information on your next flight, as well as quick access to boarding passes.
- Book flights
Booking a flight with British Airways has never been easier. Browse our cheapest return fares from London to over 400 destinations or quickly access your recent flight searches made from any device, and book a flight from over 130 countries.
- Manage your flights
Access and purchase upgrade offers from your phone, book seats in advance, add flights to your calendar or send them via email and get up-to-date arrival and departure times for all of your flights. Additionally, lounge users can access the British Airways Lounge Wi-Fi password.
- Flight status and schedules
Search and track all British Airways flights for the latest arrival and departure times.
- Exclusive features for Executive Club Members
If you’re an Executive Club Member, you can check your Avios and Tier Points as well as view your full transaction history on your device. Anyone can join the Executive Club for free on ba.com.
- Social media
Keep up-to-date with the latest from British Airways on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn.
We require access to your calendar and email so that you are able to add your bookings to your calendar or share them via email effortlessly.
British Airways Plc Web Site British Airways Support Application Licence Agreement.
Tools included: compass with magnetic and true north, leveling tool, mark or share your location and navigate back later using the Radar.
Keep your GPS fast: reset it or download A-GPS data regularly for faster fixes.
Visit the FAQ at: http://mobiwia.com/gpsstatus
GPS Status is 100% space proof. Try to spot the program in the promo video :)
- show/store/edit/export multiple waypoints and use them on the Radar for navigation.
- pressure, rotation, temperature, humidity values (if supported by the device)
- removed ads
- Location: We need this to display your location and allows the program to re-download AGPS data or reset the GPS.
- External storage: required by the PRO version to be able to export the stored waypoints to an external file.
- Internet: Used by the advertisement component. The PRO version does not use the internet connection at all.
KNOWN FIRMWARE ISSUES (please do not report them):
- Galaxy S4 on Verizon: Because of a firmware bug, the notification item in GPS Status can't be removed. You need to disable the notification feature in Settings if this annoys you.
- Droid 3: The initial Droid 3 firmware does not implement the satellite status API so you will not see the satellites and the signal strength bars. The rest of the features should work properly.
- Motorola phones: On some phones, turning your phone to airplane mode will turn off the GPS receiver, too. This is a hardware limitation.
- Droid Charge: Reports 0 altitude.
- LG Optimus: The phone cannot report the satellite SNR values correctly (all signal bars will be maxed out).
- Samsung phones: Because of a firmware bug, they may report extreme battery consumption for GPS Status even if it is not running at all (other programs using sensors are affected too). This is harmless and no power is consumed! Just ignore it and let's hope that a future firmware upgrade will fix this on your phone.
- Nexus One/S: With Andoid 2.3 it cannot report NMEA sentences. This means that the DOP/HDOP/VDOP values are not available.
-- MobiWIA - a cooperation with Andrs Studio --
Maprika uses GPS to put a "You are here" sign on "paper" maps, just like the ones you get at ski resort ticket windows or park information booths.
• Navigate on more than 4900 maps of ski resorts, hiking and biking trails, theme parks, and university campuses
• Maprika maps are saved to the phone's memory, allowing for use in out of service areas.
• Record GPS tracks and show them real-time; export tracks and view them on your computer
• Share your location with friends
• Set meetings with your friends by pointing the place on a map
• Make your own maps and share them with the Maprika community
• See local weather, snow reports, and Twitter feeds for resort maps, find nearby attractions