Hiking Trail HK intends to solve some issues related to hiking, in order to make hiking easier, safer and smoother.
Currently, Hiking Trail HK can help you to plan route and obtain position during hiking. Route drawing function helps you to plan route, and mark some points of interest. Elevation profile helps you to check the difficulty of a route, and estimate the time needed. During hiking, offline map and GPS locking function allows fast positioning, even if there is no data connection. Route deviation alert function prevents getting lost.
遠足(Hiking)是一種有益心身的健康活動，但有沒有試過想去郊遊，卻不知到哪個郊遊路線？那你就要立刻下載 香港郊遊 ！！
不論你是遠足愛好者，或是行山初哥，都可以於 香港郊遊 裡找到適合你的遠足路線。
香港郊遊 現時包含超過70條遠足路線，包括：麥理浩徑、衛奕信徑、港島徑、鳳凰徑、大棠、下白泥、元荃古道、南生圍、大帽山、城門水塘、針山、梧桐寨、新娘潭、船灣淡水湖、馬屎洲、八仙嶺、鎖羅盆、荔枝窩、清水灣、大嶺峒、破邊洲、馬鞍山、蚺蛇尖、釣魚翁、海下灣、大浪灣、望夫石、獅子山、茅湖山、龍脊、太平山、東平洲、塔門、南丫島、大東山、鳳凰山、長州關公亭、嘉道理農場、鳳園、大埔滘 (紅徑)。。。
"Hiking HK" provide basic information, maps, photos, etc. for hikers. Specially provide "Route Description" which is based on the actual case of hiking experiences and so it will be constantly updated with time. Please don't hesitate to give us rectifications for any mistakes. Thank you.
Track Your Hike – Allows users to plot, track and record one’s hiking route with useful details: elevation, length, speed and calories consumed etc.
Add a Marker – Markers can be planted along the route with photos taken of points of interest, discoveries as well as comments.
Report Incident – Users are encouraged to protect and manage the country parks by Reporting Incidents they encounter along the hike.
Message Your Friends – Stay connected with other hikers and users with the messaging function.
Explore. Share. Protect
AllTrails is THE app for exploring the outdoors.
Going on a trip to a national park? Looking for a place near home to hike, bike, or run? Searching for something new to do on the weekends?
Even in a big city you might be surprised by how much nature surrounds you, and never has it been easier to discover and share!
Browse through guides for 50,000 trails across North America complete with photos, reviews, and tracks for outdoor activities including everything from hiking and mountain biking to fly-fishing and snowshoeing.
• Browse or search for trails closest to you
• See community photos, reviews, and tracks
• View topographic maps and routes for trails
RECORD & SHARE
• Track your activities with your phone's GPS
• Add geo-tagged photos to your recorded tracks
• Easily share your adventures with friends
• Add new trails not already in our database
• Read and write trail reviews
• Share your photos with others
• Syncs with your AllTrails.com account
• Access our entire trail database without Internet
• National Geographic TOPO! maps (US only)
• 250+ Trails Illustrated maps (US only)
• Save map areas to your phone for offline use
• Create trip plans & routes with Map Editor
• Print maps on-demand before hitting the trail
Access more AllTrails Pro features on our website: http://alltrails.com/pro
Go out and rediscover the outdoors!
You can access and store locally a large range of on-line topographic maps, which will remain available even while being out of cell coverage. AlpineQuest also supports on-board file based maps, like MemoryMap(c) maps.
By using the GPS and the magnetic sensor of your device (with compass display), getting lost is part of the past: you are localized in real-time on the map, which can also be oriented to match where you are looking at.
By staying fully operational out of cell coverage (as often in mountain or abroad), AlpineQuest assists you in all your desires of deep wilderness exploring...
Don't hesitate, use it right now for free!
Note: IGN Top25(c) and OSGB Explorer(c) maps are available in the old MemoryMap(c) QCT format, but NOT included with the application.
PLEASE report suggestions and issues on our dedicated forum: http://www.alpinequest.net/forum (no registration needed, all questions answered).
Do not use comments for that: we cannot answer!
Key features are:
★★ Maps ★★
• Built-in online maps (with automatic local storage; road, topo and satellite maps included);
• Built-in online layers (road names and hills shading);
• On-board offline maps support (visit our website to get the free map creator MOBAC);
• Multiple maps in layers display, with per-map opacity control;
• Advanced SD memory card Map Explorer and Scanner.
Full version includes:
• Complete area storage of online maps for off-line use;
• Get more online maps from the community;
• Memory-Map support (QuickChart .qct maps only, .qc3 maps not compatible).
★★ Landmarks ★★
• Save, restore, display unlimited number of waypoints;
• Advanced SD memory card Landmarks Explorer.
Full version includes:
• Full GPX support (display/browse/create/edit of waypoints, routes and tracks);
• Google Earth KML/KMZ, OziExplorer WPT Waypoints, CSV/TSV files and Geocaching LOC files read/import support;
• Save and share online locations with other users using Community Landmarks;
• Details, advanced statistics and interactive graphics on various items;
• Time Controller to replay time-tagged tracks;
• Routes, tracks and areas creator.
★★ GPS Position / Orientation ★★
• On-map geolocation using GPS or Network;
• Map orientation, compass and target finder;
• Barometer support (for compatible devices).
Full version includes:
• Built-in GPS/Barometric Tracker (long tracking capable, running in a separate and light process);
• Proximity alerts and leave path alerts.
★★ And more: ★★
• Metric, imperial and hybrid distance units;
• GPS Latitude/Longitude and grid coordinate formats (UTM, MGRS, USNG, OSGB Grid, Irish Grid, Swiss Grid, Lambert Grids, DFCI Grid, QTH Maidenhead Locator System, ...);
• Full screen map view;
• Multi-touch zoom;
About the "Phone state and identity" Android permission: due to the backward compatibility of AlpineQuest with Android 1.5, this permission is automatically added by Google Play.
UPGRADE TO PRO
Try the free app then upgrade to GPS Trails Pro for even more features, including:
* Create map packs to store maps on your phone. This app allows you to save topos (MyTopo), aerials (Bing), streets (OSM), and terrain (OCM) map types.
* Get worldwide aerial images on your phone. Our app gives you rare access to view and store offine aerial imagery from Bing maps.
* Shoot video and geotag it to an exact location on a map. Save videos to YouTube account.
* Convert lat/long coordinates to UTM and NAD 27 map datum to sync with paper maps for advanced navigation in the field.
* No ads. Say goodbye to advertisements that occupy valuable screen space for navigating.
With GPS Trails Lite, you can:
Turn your phone into a GPS: Navigate via precise satellite signals in and out of cell network.
Capture waypoints: Mark campsites, trailheads, water sources, summits, and more.
Track every step: Record or follow your tracks and routes. See compass essentials too.
Share your trip: Post adventures to trimbleoutdoors.com, Twitter and Facebook.
View maps: See street maps, aerial photos, hybrid street/aerial maps, and topo maps provided by MyTopo. Please note: Upgrade to GPS Trails Pro to store maps on your Android phone.
View stats: See 10 stats, including elevation, speed, and distance.
Download Pro Trips: Follow our step-by-step trail guides of popular trails and lesser-known routes in national parks, national forests, and local parks, including Yellowstone, Yosemite, Grand Canyon, Great Smoky Mountains, Glacier, Rocky Mountain, White Mountains, Adirondacks, Catskills, Zion, Arches, Canyonlands, Acadia, Mount Rainier, Everglades, Olympic, and more. Find hikes near major cities: New York City, Seattle, Portland, LA, Denver, Chicago, Boston, Atlanta, and more. Plus find section hikes on the Appalachian Trail, Pacific Crest Trail, and the Continental Divide Trail.
Search trips: Find thousands of trips shared by the Backpacker editors and the trimbleoutdoors.com community.
Plan trips: Plan trips with map tools at trimbleoutdoors.com and wirelessly sync them to Backpacker GPS Trails app. You can mark points, draw tracks, upload GPS files, print maps, and more. (requires membership)
Get published: Every month the editors at Backpacker handpick adventures shared by its online community to be published in the magazine. Kickstart your adventure writing and photography career with GPS Trails.
NEW: Plug in statewide topo maps into your Android with our new SD cards. Learn more at: http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/SDCards/
Supported Phones: GPS Trails Lite is designed and optimized for the Android phones.
Battery Life: While we optimize our code to cut down on power requirements, continued use of the GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. For longer dayhikes or overnight trips, we suggest packing lightweight battery packs.
Follow Us: We’ve created a Facebook page for our apps. Your feedback helps us create a better app. Go to: facebook.com/backpackergpstrails.
Backpacker brings the outdoors straight to the reader's doorstep, inspiring and enabling them to go more places and enjoy nature more often. The authority on active adventure, Backpacker is the world's first GPS-enabled™ magazine and website, and the only outdoor media whose editors and network of map contributors personally map the hiking trails they publish.
With the wonderful OpenStreetMap maps, you can view the trail path and nearby points of interest. Once you have found a trail, you can download it as KML file, compatible with OruxMaps, Google MyTracks or any other GPS navigator. Also, you can add the trail to your favorites list, to review it whenever you want.
★ More than 150,000 trails all around the world, with GPS tracks and pois.
★ Search trails based on your location.
★ Search trails by city or countries, to plan a travel.
★ Descriptive information for each trail.
★ Share a trail / map with your WhatsApp contacts, even thought if they dont have Android or Hiking Trails app.
★ Unlimited trails Download in KML format, compatible with all the main GPS browsers: Orux Maps, Google MyTracks, Google Earth, etc.
★ Favorites lists, to review a trail whenever you want.
★ Comment and disqus each trail (without registering).
★ Locate your position on the map.
★ View photos around each trail.
★ View Google Street View panoramas around each trail, if available.
★ Share lists of favorites to your WhatsApp contacts.
★ Heat maps to see the most popular areas for hiking
The compass display shows your current bearing and the bearing to your destination. Data fields include your current speed and altitude, and the distance, both horizontal and vertical, to your selected destination. Unlike most electronic compasses, which are notoriously inaccurate, this compass can be calibrated for greater precision.
The map uses Google's maps and satellite views and shows your current location, a log of your track, your saved positions, and destinations.
The satellites display shows the current GPS satellites, their azimuth and signal-to-noise ratio, and whether they have the current ephemeris data. Data fields include your current latitude, longitude, and altitude, and an estimate of the accuracy of the current GPS fix.
Preloaded with over 2,900 destinations in the western United States, Alaska, and Hawaii. Save your current position to the destinations list to use on your return and in later hikes. Send your current position to your friends by email, text, Twitter, or Facebook. Log your tracks and view them on the map.
New in 1.2, two ways to add positions with actually being there: Tap the map or enter a street address.
This app is not intended for use in situations where your survival is at stake. The electronic compass is no substitute for a real compass, nor is the electronic map a substitute for a real map. Always carry a real compass and a real map when hiking.
Tai Po Fun, an app with the latest information on scenic beauty, restaurants, shopping areas and local events in Tai Po, will definitely provide you a pleasant journey in this district. Apart from our recommended itinerary, you may also plan your own route for your wonderful journey in Tai Po. Tai Po Fun, your friendly partner for travelling in Tai Po.
Quechua Tracking is a must-have app, providing essential features to enable you to track your hikes.
GPS Tracking and permanent geolocation feature for your safety, a record chart and option to create a hiking journal that you can share with your friends etc. Thanks to Quechua Tracking, your smartphone can be converted into a genuine outdoor GPS and can keep a record of all your hiking experiences.
Localization system and safety:
Using the collaborative map, OpenStreetMap-Landscape, Quechua allows you to find out your GPS position, in real time, anywhere in the world.
This map is updated with new details every day, thanks to the contributions of internet users. It also has special outdoor graphics (with contour lines, trails, vegetation, ski-lifts, etc.)
Zoom available up to a scale of approximately 1/10000m (depending on resolution of smartphone)
If you wish to provide rapid and accurate information to the emergency services about your location, in the event of an incident, you can simply send a screenshot of your position on the map by text or MMS.
If you're worried about poor network coverage during your hike, Quechua Tracking includes a function that allows you to "download a map:" pay a one-off charge of EUR 1.99 (InApp Purchase) and then you can download, onto your mobile, the appropriate base map for the route you wish to take.
Quechua Tracking allows you to view your activity and your performances: altitude, cumulative elevation gain/loss, distance covered, climbing speed, walking time etc. This will help you focus your efforts and improve your hiking time.
Start and finish points, elevation gain/loss, route, duration, speed etc. Quechua Tracking allows you to record information about your trip, combine photos and comments and create your very own HikeBook®: a new type of hiking journal, incorporating your finest memories.
You can share photos taken during your hike, at any time on Facebook™ or e-mail your Hikebook® to selected individuals.
-Geolocation and tracking on OpenStreetMap-Landscape
-Share your GPS position via text or send a screenshot of your map position via MMS.
-Downloadable map (chargeable)
-"Mountain" record chart
-Save and share photos
-Create and share a HikeBook®, a hiking journal documenting the thrill and excitement of the hiking experience
“MyMapHK” is an "All-in-One" mobile map app, which provides members of the public a convenient and on-the-go access to the official maps published by the Lands Department and integrated geospatial information about public facilities in Hong Kong.
• Up-to-date, detailed bilingual base map of Hong Kong published by the Lands Department.
• Orthophotos of Hong Kong published by the Lands Department.
• Over 120 types of public facility data integrated from different government departments.
• Different themes, namely "Map of Hong Kong", "Hiking" and "Old Hong Kong", with categorical geospatial information and specific functions to account for different users’ needs. More themes will be subsequently available.
• Intelligent location search engine with speech-to-text feature.
• “Nearby Facilities” functions which searches the facilities located within 1 km buffer area of the user’s current map viewing location.
• “Facility Display Short Key” which enables the overlaying of a particular type of facility onto the map
• “My Location” function which allows users to view their approximate current location on the map
• “Location Bookmark” function which allows users to bookmark a location on the map for further reference
• “Share Map” function which offers two options, namely “Share Map URL” and “Share Map Image”, so that users can share the current map view with others.
• Useful map tools, such as measurement tool, magnifier, etc.
• “MyMapHK” requires an internet connection. Using “MyMapHK”, data transmission fees may be incurred for transmitting data through mobile devices. You are suggested keeping track of data usage from time to time.
• Although “MyMapHK” is a free application, user may be charged by their mobile network service provider on the user of data service. These charges can be very expensive on roaming. Please ensure that the option of “Data Roaming” have been disabled in the mobile phone settings.
• The estimated location provided by the mobile device may deviate from your actual location. The accuracy depends on the GPS on your device.
• “MyMapHK” features an automatic rotation of map. When enabled, the map is automatically rotated based on the direction reported by the device's built-in magnetometers in which the device is pointing. The accuracy may vary depends on multiple factors such as the type of the magnetometer and local magnetic fields.
• “MyMapHK” operates on Android version 4.0.3 or above.
The Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department established Tree Walks in Hong Kong Country Parks to introduce common or interesting tree species to visitors and further develop their interest on tree appreciation. The Department has launched a smartphone application featuring 16 Tree Walks and 96 common plants in Country Parks. This application facilitates visitors to arrange a visit to the Tree Walks with reference to the location, plant species and their blooming season. With the tree database contained in the application, visitors can learn more about a particular tree while they are touring around the Tree Walk.