Consulting the paleontological heritage of Basilicata.
The application offers information about paleontological studies organized by municipality of Basilicata, epoch and fossil species.
The application uses the smartphone's user interface to display information flexibly. In particular, the application displays data correctly offered with either screen orientation horizontal, vertical
allowing for flexible use. The application works offline and does not require network connections, data and telephone traffic subscription.
See different species from jurassic carnivores or plant eating dinosaurs, predators or hunters like Tyranosaurus rex, velociraptor to hominini, Australopithecus & Paranthopus, proto-humans & humans. View a gallery of discoveries, the fossils of dinos, hominids, Homo erectus, Handy man, workman, the hobbit, the neanderthal man, homo sapiens sapiens, the taung child or see the remains of "natural spring".
Observe relations between species (see coexisting species) and learn more with an original timeline !
♥ "This app is really cool! I recommend it for u science freaks out there. It is good for studies. Oh, and there are hobbit skulls on there. :) five star really cool." [Dawgz♦♦]
♥ "Love it! It revitalized my interest in physical anthropology and human evolution!" [West♦♦]
♥ "Superb App Great pocket guide to our human ancestry." [Dary♦♦]
♥ "I think this app is really cool. Definitely recommend it to anyone who is interested in archaeology and anthropology." [Skye♦♦]
♥ "Incredible A++++ Love it as an anthropology and archaeology major this is so great to have at hand." [Durh♦♦]
♥ "Fantastic - Great resource all in one place. Love it [David Jo♦♦]
■ 200 fossils and remains available (dinosaurs, hominids remains, bones, skulls, skeletons, cast ...) !
■ zoom on images to see details and get more information
■ time range bar to select a time interval for species or edit numbers manually (e.g. discover species that share the same period of time)
■ search for →co-existing species← (same temporal range), see available fossils and get more information
■ quick search within temporal range, scientific classification, species, dates, location, discovery information, measures ...!
■ use geologic time scales like prehistoric ages, holocene, pleistocene, pliocene, miocene, cretaceous or jurassic to filter species
■ Discoveries gallery with a timeline associated : browse history with the discovered remains and fossils
■ Complete offline mode : fetch data for offline use, retrieve all data (see "+" button in discovery tab)
Contact us if you want to publish or share your data with Sapiens.
Play the role of a paleontologist as you learn to organize and analyze fossil evidence. Using fossils of fish, turtles, dinosaurs, and other animals, investigate two important steps involved in fossil analysis—organization and interpretation. Then draw your own conclusions about fish populations in prehistoric marine environments.
• Analyze fossil teeth, jaws, vertebrae, and scales from various past life forms.
• Discover what kinds of questions can be answered by examining fossils.
• Find out which parts of organisms are most easily fossilized.
• Identify a testable hypothesis from the fossil evidence of fish.
• Draw correct conclusions from fossil evidence.
• Learn the steps used to analyze fossils.
With this app, you will be able to:
• Explore the world of paleontology as you analyze evidence of prehistoric life in an interactive environment.
• Make inferences based on data from a sample of fossils.
• Practice what you learn and receive helpful feedback.
• Extend your learning with multiple worksheets and exercises.
• Want more? Check out the AC library in the Google Play Store.
Fossils, Analysis, Evidence, Organize, Interpret, Paleontology, Hypothesis
Explore It's Tyrannosaurus Rex:
- ENCOURAGE literacy skills with highlighted narration
- FOLLOW along with three fun ways to read!
- LEARN new vocabulary with tappable words
- TAP objects to hear their name read aloud
This title has been carefully reviewed by paleontologists at the Smithsonian Institution and provides fascinating information on the prehistoric world.
Designed for children ages 3-8
The Reviews Are In:
- "Good, accurate content (rare for this subject)" - Children's Technology Review
- Listed in "Best Dinosaur Apps for Kids" collection - Common Sense Media
We'd Love To Hear From You!
- Please share your thoughts in a review! Your experience matters to us.
- Need tech support? Contact us at email@example.com
- Say hello to us on FB! facebook.com/oceanhousemedia
Official Smithsonian Institution licensed app