It contains all the functions of a normal text editor , such as opening and saving files and formatting functions , but also includes the ability to play acoustically phones transcribed using the keypad.
Features in this version:
- Text Editor with reading mode to extend it to full screen .
- Captions or labels for each column and row of the keyboard that explain the arrangement of the phones .
- About 200 phonetic symbols - characters , suprasegmental , Diacritics .
- About 100 phonetic sounds .
- The IPA phonetic symbols have been appropriately ordered in the keyboard.
- Buttons in the center, voice and suprasegmental right, consonants and diacritics left.
-Ability to listen to any phono transcribed by simply activating the audio.
We appreciate the comments and suggestions to improve the product .
There are three sections in this app: vowels, diphthongs and consonants.
• Pure vowels are arranged according to mouth shape (left to right, lips wide / round - top to bottom, jaw closed / open).
• Diphthongs are grouped in rows according to their second sound.
• ‘x’ has two sounds, namely, /ks/ and /gz/. These two sounds are not represented in the standard IPA chart; they are put here for the sake of completeness.
• The letter ‘q’ is always followed by the letter ‘u’. Together, they make the /kw/ sound.
- Words written in black or red for ease of reading
- Clear and good quality audio
If you have suggestions or comments on how we can improve this app, whether in content or functionality, please send us your feedback. If you feel this app is useful, please share it with your friends.
e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This free version includes Interactive Phonemic Charts for British English and American English. Tap to hear a sound, or tap and hold to hear the sound and an example word.
In the Premium version (now available) you can look up, listen to and record words in the WORDLIST; PRACTISE your pronunciation skills; test yourself with the pronunciation QUIZZES; and LEARN with Top Tips, videos and more!
FREE VERSION FEATURES:
- Interactive Phonemic Chart with high quality audio
- Work in British or American English, and switch between them at any time
- ‘Introduction to the Chart' video
- Tasters of both the Practice and Quiz modes from the Premium version
IN ADDITION, THE PREMIUM VERSION INCLUDES:
- Vocabulary Wordlist (with over 650 words):
> Phonemic transcriptions and audio
> Record your own pronunciation
- Practice Activities (Listen, Read and Write)
- Quizzes ('3 Minutes' & '3 Lives' modes)
- Top Ten Tips for Students
- Top Ten Tips for Teachers
- ‘Teaching with the Chart' workshop video
For more information about the chart, the choice of vocabulary included in the Wordlist, and the benefits of Sounds: The Pronunciation App for both language teachers and students, visit the website at www.soundspronapp.com
PLEASE NOTE: QVGA 240 x 320 resolution not supported.
The pronunciation checker lets you type in a word, listen to the word, then practice the word and finally test to see if you pronounced correctly. You can also use the Hit Me Button to auto load words.
English (American & British) French, German, Italian and Spanish.
"A Really Helpful App" Download Now!
You can enter words.
Switch between British and American Accents.
You can have your speech tested in 5 languages!
Hit Me Button includes;
1000 American English Words
1000 British English words
2000 words in premium.
Practice Pronunciation with American and British Accents.
French, German, Italian & Spanish.
The pronunciation checker lets you type in a word, listen to the word and then practice the word. Can you beat the computer!
This is foreign language and efl/esl English study software. Perfect for students of foreign Languages. English, French, German, Italian & Spanish.
Are you traveling overseas? Vacation fun.
Note: You may need to download some language packages. On install, the required package will pop up from the android market.
Pricing: The premium version will provide all Pronunciation Checker updates at no extra cost. Soon the price will be much higher.
This software uses Google's Text To Speech and Speech Recognition APIs.
If you like this you will like World English.
The app is based on well-known celebrity Speech and Accents Specialist Susan Cameron’s book, Perfecting Your English Pronunciation. Educational text content was licensed from McGraw-Hill Professional, a division of The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
(IF YOU CAN'T DOWNLOAD THE LIBRARY ,PLEASE WAIT FOR SONE DAYS,WE ARE FIXING THE SERVER)
Note: Public issue tracker has been open. Feel free to send your problems and suggestions at: https://bitbucket.org/16bitboy/pronunciation-trainer/issues
This app allows you to practice your pronunciation in spanish, german, french, italian and english, thanks to speech synthesis and automatic speech recognition systems of your Android smartphone, showing you the accuracy percentage of your pronunciation.
Now you can practice without having to buy listen and repeat cd's or mp3's, just write the sentence you want to pronounce, listen to the pronunciation of your smartphone and then repeat the sentence. Your smartphone will listen to you, and will tell you how good you have done!.
Version 0.1.5 new features:
- Compatible with IVONA TTS HQ. (Recommended to try, great voice quality and it's currently FREE)
- Now you can select the text-to-speech engine you want from the application without having to change the one the system has as default.
- Improved performance.
- Support offline pronounce
- Easy and simple to use
- Suitable for student to learn and practice pronunciation
* If SpeechSynthesis Data in your android device is not installed yet, this software will detect it and ask your permission to download SpeechSynthesis Data Installer at Android Market. The TTS only work if the SpeechSynthesis Data was installed.
** SpeechSynthesis Data Installer is free of charge.
Please kindly email your feedback or suggestion to email@example.com, thanks.
Free Practice: Improve your Pronunciation in English.
As a Teacher: Create vocabulary library for your students to practice.
As a Student: Practice the vocabulary your teacher created for you.
ALL FOR FREE! and NO ADS.
Practise sounds, words and sentences and see your communication and pronunciation improve. Switch between British and American English.
· Interactive Sounds Chart with 'click and listen' feature.
· Over 200 example words and 300 extra to practise in the games.
· Over 130 useful everyday sentences from English File.
· Record and play function for repeated practice.
· Pronunciation game with two play modes for different learning styles.
Supported devices: Android 2.3 to 4, with a screen resolution of 480 x 800 pixels.
This checker allows you to input a word, listen to the correct pronunciation, and then practice pronunciation until you have it down in English, French, Spanish, German. This incredible pronunciation test will get you pronouncing your words words in no time!
Use the auto load function to autoload a random word or just test pronunciation quickly from over 30000 foreign language words. Including:
Test the apps stats page and our various graphs to view tons of stats. Gauge your progress over time!
This is the most advanced FREE pronunciation checker for android!
Unlike other apps, our app comes with all the packages you need to start checking you pronunciation in any language...get ready to take your vacation with the perfect pronunciation!
Want a great Pronunciation app for a class? This app is ideal for teachers as well as students to learn foreign languages! Check how you are pronouncing every word from "cat" to "pituitary" to get ready for your presentation in a different language!
You can look up and listen to words and phrases in the WORDLIST, plus record and compare your own pronunciation. If you’re using a Macmillan coursebook, you can now buy additional wordlists directly inside the app.
PRACTISE your pronunciation reading, writing and listening skills
Test yourself with one of the pronunciation QUIZZES
LEARN with lesson plans, videos and top tips for teachers, and study hints for students
COMPLETE FEATURE LIST:
► Interactive Phonemic Chart (British and American English) with high quality audio - tap to hear a sound, or tap and hold to hear the sound and an example word.
► Work in British or American English, and switch between them at any time.
► Vocabulary Wordlist (with over 650 words):
- Phonemic transcriptions and audio
- Record your own pronunciation
- Purchase new wordlists from directly inside the app. Wordlists are available for popular Macmillan coursebooks, as well as topic-based lists. New wordlists feature vocabulary, phrases and audio recordings.
- Turn stress marks on or off to view the primary stress mark in the Wordlist, Practice and Quiz sections.
► Practice Activities (Listen, Read and Write).
► Quizzes (‘3 Minutes’ & '3 Lives' modes) for listening, reading and writing.
► ‘Introduction to the Chart' video featuring Adrian Underhill.
► Three downloadable lesson plans for teaching with the Sounds app.
► Top Ten Tips for Teachers.
► Top Ten Tips for Students.
► ‘Teaching with the Chart' – complete workshop video with Adrian Underhill.
► Full Instructions.
For more information about the phonemic chart, the choice of vocabulary included in the Wordlists, and the benefits of Sounds: The Pronunciation App for both language teachers and students, visit the website at www.soundspronapp.com
More from developer
Mira rápidamente la información de tus paradas favoritas.
Muestra la posición de cada autobús en el mapa de Gijón. Pulsando sobre una parada (se representan con un rectángulo redondeado), muestra las próximas llegadas.
Pulsando sobre un autobús se muestra su próxima parada y el recorrido que hace.