There are three sections in this app: vowels, diphthongs and consonants.
• Pure vowels are arranged according to mouth shape (left to right, lips wide / round - top to bottom, jaw closed / open).
• Diphthongs are grouped in rows according to their second sound.
• ‘x’ has two sounds, namely, /ks/ and /gz/. These two sounds are not represented in the standard IPA chart; they are put here for the sake of completeness.
• The letter ‘q’ is always followed by the letter ‘u’. Together, they make the /kw/ sound.
- Words written in black or red for ease of reading
- Clear and good quality audio
If you have suggestions or comments on how we can improve this app, whether in content or functionality, please send us your feedback. If you feel this app is useful, please share it with your friends.
e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
It contains all the functions of a normal text editor , such as opening and saving files and formatting functions , but also includes the ability to play acoustically phones transcribed using the keypad.
Features in this version:
- Text Editor with reading mode to extend it to full screen .
- Captions or labels for each column and row of the keyboard that explain the arrangement of the phones .
- About 200 phonetic symbols - characters , suprasegmental , Diacritics .
- About 100 phonetic sounds .
- The IPA phonetic symbols have been appropriately ordered in the keyboard.
- Buttons in the center, voice and suprasegmental right, consonants and diacritics left.
-Ability to listen to any phono transcribed by simply activating the audio.
We appreciate the comments and suggestions to improve the product .
This free version includes Interactive Phonemic Charts for British English and American English. Tap to hear a sound, or tap and hold to hear the sound and an example word.
In the Premium version (now available) you can look up, listen to and record words in the WORDLIST; PRACTISE your pronunciation skills; test yourself with the pronunciation QUIZZES; and LEARN with Top Tips, videos and more!
FREE VERSION FEATURES:
- Interactive Phonemic Chart with high quality audio
- Work in British or American English, and switch between them at any time
- ‘Introduction to the Chart' video
- Tasters of both the Practice and Quiz modes from the Premium version
IN ADDITION, THE PREMIUM VERSION INCLUDES:
- Vocabulary Wordlist (with over 650 words):
> Phonemic transcriptions and audio
> Record your own pronunciation
- Practice Activities (Listen, Read and Write)
- Quizzes ('3 Minutes' & '3 Lives' modes)
- Top Ten Tips for Students
- Top Ten Tips for Teachers
- ‘Teaching with the Chart' workshop video
For more information about the chart, the choice of vocabulary included in the Wordlist, and the benefits of Sounds: The Pronunciation App for both language teachers and students, visit the website at www.soundspronapp.com
PLEASE NOTE: QVGA 240 x 320 resolution not supported.
(IF YOU CAN'T DOWNLOAD THE LIBRARY ,PLEASE WAIT FOR SONE DAYS,WE ARE FIXING THE SERVER)
The pronunciation checker lets you type in a word, listen to the word, then practice the word and finally test to see if you pronounced correctly. You can also use the Hit Me Button to auto load words.
English (American & British) French, German, Italian and Spanish.
"A Really Helpful App" Download Now!
You can enter words.
Switch between British and American Accents.
You can have your speech tested in 5 languages!
Hit Me Button includes;
1000 American English Words
1000 British English words
2000 words in premium.
Practice Pronunciation with American and British Accents.
French, German, Italian & Spanish.
The pronunciation checker lets you type in a word, listen to the word and then practice the word. Can you beat the computer!
This is foreign language and efl/esl English study software. Perfect for students of foreign Languages. English, French, German, Italian & Spanish.
Are you traveling overseas? Vacation fun.
Note: You may need to download some language packages. On install, the required package will pop up from the android market.
Pricing: The premium version will provide all Pronunciation Checker updates at no extra cost. Soon the price will be much higher.
This software uses Google's Text To Speech and Speech Recognition APIs.
If you like this you will like World English.
The app is based on well-known celebrity Speech and Accents Specialist Susan Cameron’s book, Perfecting Your English Pronunciation. Educational text content was licensed from McGraw-Hill Professional, a division of The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
Cast BBC Learning english videos to Chromecast. Watch english pronunciation videos in your tv with chromecast.
Learn the sounds of english
Record your pronunciation
Listen examples and try to pronounce correctly
Check you improvements
Note: Public issue tracker has been open. Feel free to send your problems and suggestions at: https://bitbucket.org/16bitboy/pronunciation-trainer/issues
This app allows you to practice your pronunciation in spanish, german, french, italian and english, thanks to speech synthesis and automatic speech recognition systems of your Android smartphone, showing you the accuracy percentage of your pronunciation.
Now you can practice without having to buy listen and repeat cd's or mp3's, just write the sentence you want to pronounce, listen to the pronunciation of your smartphone and then repeat the sentence. Your smartphone will listen to you, and will tell you how good you have done!.
Version 0.1.5 new features:
- Compatible with IVONA TTS HQ. (Recommended to try, great voice quality and it's currently FREE)
- Now you can select the text-to-speech engine you want from the application without having to change the one the system has as default.
- Improved performance.
Practise sounds, words and sentences and see your communication and pronunciation improve. Switch between British and American English.
· Interactive Sounds Chart with 'click and listen' feature.
· Over 200 example words and 300 extra to practise in the games.
· Over 130 useful everyday sentences from English File.
· Record and play function for repeated practice.
· Pronunciation game with two play modes for different learning styles.
Supported devices: Android 2.3 to 4, with a screen resolution of 480 x 800 pixels.
- Support offline pronounce
- Easy and simple to use
- Suitable for student to learn and practice pronunciation
* If SpeechSynthesis Data in your android device is not installed yet, this software will detect it and ask your permission to download SpeechSynthesis Data Installer at Android Market. The TTS only work if the SpeechSynthesis Data was installed.
** SpeechSynthesis Data Installer is free of charge.
Please kindly email your feedback or suggestion to email@example.com, thanks.
Free Practice: Improve your Pronunciation in English.
As a Teacher: Create vocabulary library for your students to practice.
As a Student: Practice the vocabulary your teacher created for you.
ALL FOR FREE! and NO ADS.
pronunciation problem is a global problem other than native english.so i made this app for a solution of this problem.
this app can pronounce any english words or sentence.
type any english word or sentence then press play button.it will play the words or sentences
correct pronunciation.You can easily practice pronunciation of english words by this application.
any android mobile phone with minimum android 2.2(Froyo) can run this application.
if you like this app share it,rate it.
More from developer
Mira rápidamente la información de tus paradas favoritas.
Muestra la posición de cada autobús en el mapa de Gijón. Pulsando sobre una parada (se representan con un rectángulo redondeado), muestra las próximas llegadas.
Pulsando sobre un autobús se muestra su próxima parada y el recorrido que hace.