Storm-based or polygon alerts help reduce false alarms by alerting you to severe weather based on your exact location within a county. Most other apps and sources still use county-based alerts (meaning you'd get an alert even if your location in the county is not within the threatened area).
What people are saying:
* Storm Shield "alerted our family of the Broken Arrow, OK tornado, faster than the TV and tornado sirens." - Robyn, Broken Arrow, OK resident
* "I was in Oklahoma City during the tornado... we were right in its path. Your app literally was a life saver." - dcalk12
Additional features include:
* Get NOAA alerts no matter where you are in the United States.
* See Hurricane and Tropical Storm forecast tracks from the National Weather Service (NWC).
* See where NOAA watches and warnings are issued by switching between map overlays.
* Save five additional locations to make sure friends and family at home, work, or out of state stay safe.
* Voice alerts can wake you in the middle of the night or give you information when you can't stop to look at your phone.
* School Closings for Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Denver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Kansas City, and Tulsa.
* Watch live video streams when available (usually during local coverage of severe weather in Scripps TV markets, listed below. Due to compatibility issues in older version of the Android OS, Live Video is only available for Android 4.0 and above.)
* Current Conditions, 7-Day Forecast, and Hourly Forecasts
* View weather photos and submit your own weather photos (available for Scripps television and newspaper markets).
* Share a view of your map screen to let friends and family know where severe weather is happening, especially if it affects their location.
* Storm Shield is designed to make a negligible impact on your battery.
* Turn off Location Tracking and instead set one of your five locations to where you are most often.
* You can throttle up or down Storm Shield's Location Tracking to balance location accuracy and battery life.
Storm Shield is made possible by The E.W. Scripps Company, including WCPO Cincinnati, KNXV ABC15 Phoenix, WEWS Newsnet5 Cleveland, WXYZ Detroit, KJRH Tulsa, KMGH ABC7 Denver, KGTV ABC10 San Diego, KERO 23 Bakersfield, WMAR ABC2 Baltimore, WFTS ABCActionNews Tampa, WPTV News Channel 5 West Palm Beach, WRTV RTV6 The IndyChannel Indianapolis, KSHB 41 Action News Kansas City.
Get tips, updates and more on our Storm Shield Facebook page.
Visit our support page for FAQs.
Adjustable sensitivity by zooming in or out the earth image.
Play with it anytime or turn it on during your sleep.
Shake detection is subjective to each individual device build-in sensor and related supporting functions.
This app helps to detect movement of its underlying surface but it's not to be used as a sole resource to detect earthquake. Any damage, loss from using this app is at user's own risk.
By downloading or using this app, you agree to the above disclaimer.
Zoomin on any country and see either the visual images in daylight or the infrared. The app stores your latest selected country and settings for convenience.
Checkout http://sat24.com for additional information or weather data.
*****************STAY SAFE FOR JUST A BUCK!*****************
**Throw us a facebook like
Lo scopo di questa app è di dare un servizio veloce e affidabile con le sole informazioni essenziali: magnitudo, data e orario, geo località dell'epicentro e profondità della scossa.
L' app è leggera e disegnata per prendere i dati in maniera indiretta, non appesantisce il funzionamento del sito ufficiale dell'INGV, quindi funziona anche nei casi in cui il sito ufficiale non è disponibile.
Tutti dati sono presi dall'Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia.
Applicazione non è affiliata all'INGV.
map and in a list as they are occurring around the globe.
Additional hazard information can be viewed and shared.
The term "Active Hazards" refers to a collection of current and real-time incidents (compiled from authoritative sources) which have been designated "potentially hazardous to people, property, or assets" by the PDC DisasterAWARE™ application.
The application is a free download.
PDC Active Hazards currently includes:
-Hurricane/Tropical Cyclone (global)
-National Weather Service High Surf (for Hawaii)
-National Weather Service High Wind (for Hawaii)
-National Weather Service Flood (for Hawaii)
-Wildfire (global)- coming soon!
Other hazards will be added over time.
Application features include:
√ View Active Hazards on an interactive map or in the Alert list
√ Search for location (quick zoom)
√ Choose background map
√ Get "more info" for most Active Hazards
√ Receive automatic updates every five minutes
√ Choose a preferred time zone
Involve yourself as weather detector and benefit from the network. The Google Maps-based map shows the weather data to meter precision.
- Global realtime weatherdetails
- Alarts for rain, snow, ice, storms, hail and fog possible
- Several widgets for your homescreen example radar
- Send-weather-funktion, tell everybody the weather at your place
- Much alarm and warn options, like speech alarm
- You can define as much alarms as you want to
The base of this app is google-maps.
The app is still under development, looking have a look on our Facebook page:
Please rate this app. It can only get updated and serve you better if I get feedback.
Quest'app consente anche di osservare graficamente i sismi avvenuti nel territorio italiano.
Questa è l'unica app che prende i dati da tre fonti diverse: una riguarda gli eventi sismici italiani, un'altra quelli dell'intera Europa, e l'ultima prende i dati da un osservatorio americano che monitora gli eventi sismici globali.
Nota: Le fonti di dati non italiane segnalano gli eventi sismici in modo molto celere, perciò i terremoti italiani risultano riportati più velocemente dagli istituti di monitoraggio esteri, rispetto all'istituto italiano.
*Applicazione non affiliata all'INGV, Seismic Data, USGS Earthquakes
Hurricane Warning is your full featured app for not only Hurricanes but local radar, storm reports and damages and local detailed weather forecasts.
Hurricane Warning uses live data to create a up to the minute maps right on your phone. Don't be fooled by the other guys that just connect you to a web page or show an old image. This is the real deal when it comes to hurricane tracking.
Satellites and radar for not only the novice hurricane tracker but also for the experienced one who would like to see more detailed maps and tools for forecasting.
This app is all set and ready for the early 2012 Hurricane Season as well as seasons to come.
For those of you not in the United States, we also have Maps for the Indian Ocean, Eastern Pacific, Southern Pacific and every where in between.
**Now with Spaghetti Models**
* Areas Of Potential Development
* Storm Wind Swath
* Cone Track
* 23 Satellite Maps
* 11 Radar Maps
* Google Tracking Map Updated When NOAA Updates
* Forecast Points On Map
* Current Weather Discussion From NOAA
* US Weather Storm Report Map
* Hurricane Preparation Videos
* Full Maps and Tracking For Past Storms (2011 & Later)
* Tropical Storm Predictions For 2012
* HUGE FAQ for Hurricanes And Tropical Systems
* About Section for Storm Names and Hurricanes
* 'Quick' local weather on main page
* Detailed Local Weather with Forecast for the next 3 Days
* Pacific Satellites
* Indian Ocean, Southern Pacific & Eastern Pacific tracking Soon.
Active Internet Connection Is Required
CAMERA Permission = For the Flashlight Feature and soon to be post picture/video to facebook/share
For any bug related, feature requests or questions, please email the developer rather than post a comment as the developer does not regularly check the comments. Thank you.
• Highly responsive interactive map optimized for 3G and WiFi performance
• Vertical and horizontal map display with looping
• NOWrad, the gold standard for radar in the weather industry
• Highest resolution satellite cloud imagery available
• Exclusive patent pending Road Weather Index
• Color coded weather alerts arranged by severity
• Fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
• Integrated compass overlay
• Most accurate 10 day forecasts with both daily and hourly detail
• Ability to easily save your favorite locations
• Full featured and user tested
• Weather Widget for unlock page
• Earthquake Plotting
• Storm Track Plotting
• Tropical Track Plotting
• Status bar alert acknowledgement
• Alerts over map on/off switch in settings
• Additional Small Widget
• Widget Configuration (Daily or Hourly view)
• Watch/Warning (Alert) boxes on map.
• Spanish language support; NOTE: Language used in the app will reflect the overall language being used for the device
• Ability to acknowledge Alerts from within the app
• Audio, LED, and vibrate for Alert Notifications
• Feature tips to help users more fully take advantage of app features
• Water temperature layer
• Location Aliasing (Change the name of a location to something meaningful, ex. "Grandma's House")
• User controllable alerts - Allow the selection of all alerts or just critical alerts
• Single activity scrolling menu
This app runs in the background and monitors the official National Weather Service (NWS) alerts for your area. New alerts will appear on the status bar, and by selecting it, you can read the details.
You can also choose how urgent of a notification to get, based on the NWS Severity. An Extreme alert coming through? Then you'd probably like vibrate, lights AND bell for that! But a simple Wind Warning? Probably not as much. You can choose the level of response in the preferences.
Pro Weather Alert has all of the features of Simple Weather Alert, and more!
+ No ads.
+ Monitor unlimited locations, each with an intuitive name you set.
+ See the details and instructions of all alerts for all areas.
+ See where around you the alerts are using the Alert Map. No more wondering if you're driving into or out of bad weather.
+ Choose how to be notified (lights, bell, vibrate), and decide which alerts will override your phone silence settings.
+ Sort and Filter the alerts in the list, by severity or location.
+ Two alert levels (“emergency” and “urgent”) are customizable, in case you want lights, bell, and vibrate for extreme alerts, and just lights for severe alerts. All other weather alerts will give a simple notice on the action bar.
+ Individually select which NWS alerts you want to be considered "Emergency" or "Urgent"
+ Alerts keep updated automatically as long as you have connectivity
+ Find your alert location by GPS or network location, and have alerts follow your phone as you move.
+ An app widget added to your home screen allows for easy on/off toggling of lights, vibrate and sound settings. The alerts will still be checked and put on your status bar though, so you can keep an eye on it during class or church, without it causing distraction. You can also toggle the location following feature to save battery when not driving.
+ Key words and phrases list. Create a list of words or phrases, and when an alert is received that contains those words or phrases, it will be marked in the alerts list with an icon, and the phrases will be highlighted when you read the alert details.
+ Email an alert to friends or send via text message (**requires Contacts List permission**), so they can be warned as well.
+ Post your alert to our Facebook wall or Twitter feed! This is especially useful for non-weather alerts, such as Child Abduction Emergencies.
+ Change your alert polling times to maximize battery life.
+ Constant alerting annoying? You can now mute repeated alerts so those busy storm nights don't un-necessarily alert you.
NOTE: Do *NOT* use RAM or memory clearing apps. It will disable this app and you will not receive alerts.
You can view the app manual here or in the app:
An explanation of permissions: The SMS and Contacts List permission are required so you can send an alert to someone via text message. The contacts list permission allows for easier selecting of the number.
IMPORTANT: While we take all possible precautions to make sure this app will get you critical alerts on time, the unforseen can still occur, as well as simple cell/network outages. Thus, we do not recommend that you ever rely on this app ALONE for tornado warnings. Please use this app along with other methods to ensure you are alerted in time.
NOTE: If you are certain the app is not sending you the alerts it should, please use Menu:Troubleshooting to send us debug info about it so we can work to resolve it quickly.
If you run into any other issues with this app or have questions, send us a note in the Menu:Troubleshooting screen. Also, visit the developers blog on our website for a list of current issues we are addressing.
Be OnGuard... Weather Alert & Weather Alarm.
OnGuard Weather Alerts monitors the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) active weather alerts for advisories, watches, and warnings for your location (Within the Continental United States. Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico).
When an alert is detected for your current location or any of your static location entries, an appropriate audible, sensory (vibrate), and visual alert will be generated depending on the severity of the NOAA alert type (Advisory, Watch, or Warning).
Weather Alert & Weather Alarm.
- NO Signups, NO Websites, NO text messages, and NO ads! This application runs entirely on your Android device as a background service and pulls alerts directly from the source (NOAA).
- NOAA provides advisories, watches, and warnings for: Severe Storms, Tornadoes, Wildfires, Earthquakes, Winter Weather, Extreme Temperatures, Tropical Storms, Hurricanes, Typhoons, Volcanoes, Tsunami, Wind, 911 Outages, Fog, Flooding, Civil Emergencies, Nuclear Power Plant Warnings, Law Enforcement Warnings, Local Emergencies, Child Abduction Emergencies, Avalanches, and more.
- Dynamic Location Support (uses GPS or Cell Network location determination).
- Dynamic Location feature is on/off configurable.
- Static Location Support (unlimited # of entries).
- Audible, Sensory (vibrate), and Visual alerts (Configurable).
- User customizable alert sounds.
- Insistent Alert Support (off/on configurable) for Warning level events (ie. Audible, Sensory, and Visual alerts will repeat until acknowledged).
- Filtering of Alerts by category. *NEW* (in the 06/03/2011 release).
- Configurable Notification Levels (Warnings Only, Watches & Warnings, Advisories & Watches & Warnings).
- Configurable interval for checking for alerts.
- "Check Now" Button for manual or instant checks.
- Easily stop the service by simple unchecking a box in the preferences.
- Link to context sensitive tips from FEMA detailing information about what to do before, during, and after certain events. (In the main menu - full list of events, In the alert detail menu - contect specific information).
- Link to the "Red Cross Safe & Well Check In" site (This is the site to report that you are OK after a disaster or to locate a loved one that was in a disaster).
- Radar & Weather Radio Mode currently work, we are waiting for tablet integration before release.
- Various other improvements to existing functionality.
Q: Is OnGuard hard on my battery?
A: No. The application minimizes the amount of power required by allowing the user to control whether Dynamic Location is enabled. Even with this feature enabled, the app only requests Dynamic Location updates at the same interval as your alert polling interval.
Q: How much data is used?
A: Not much at all. It varies based upon the number of active weather publications and how frequently you configure the application to check for updates. Each time the app checks for new NOAA publications a 2k (kilobyte) data packet is retrieved via the Internet for each location configured in your preferences. Using the default app settings, approximately 200k (kilobytes) per day or 6M (megabytes) per month of data is used. This is a very small amount given the allowances of most provider's data plans.
Tip: If data usage is a concern, consider disabling the background service and using the Check Now feature instead.
Q. I am getting alerts for an incorrect location.
A. If you are using "Dynamic Location", sometimes the cell network location (used when GPS is unavailable) will return an incorrect location. This is cell tower issue and is outside our control. Please obtain a GPS fix or use a static location entry.
Q. I am having an issue after updating, what should I do?
A. If you are experiencing any issues after an update, please uninstall and re-install the application.
All the information and maps are provided by EUMETNET-MeteoAlarm. MeteoAlarm is the official website from Europe’s national weather services that will provide advice on exceptional weather. It is intended for anyone travelling through Europe.
Pictograms and colour-coded maps of Europe show at a glance
where the weather in the next 24 till 48 hours might be, or soon become, dangerous.
The level of risk is colour-coded, based on likely damage, disruption and danger.
The participating countries:
Austria, Belgium, Switzerland, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Germany, Denmark, Estonia, Spain, Finland, France, Greece, Croatia, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Luxemburg, Latvia, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Sweden, Slovenia, Slovakia, United Kingdom
Note: It is a widget(2x2) not an app. Add on homescreen with Menu-> Add item -> Widget -> vigiWidgetEurope
The new Weather Underground Android app provides the world's most accurate hyper-local weather forecasts in addition to interactive radar, satellite maps, and severe weather alerts. Powered by our unique community of weather enthusiasts reporting live data from personal weather stations in their own backyards, this crowd-sourced data generates forecasts targeted to your precise location.
Our interactive map (WunderMap) displays animated radar and satellite to track storms, as well as providing specific map presets for tracking hurricanes and wildfires.
Customize your experience by dragging and dropping the content modules on the main screen of the app
WHAT MAKES THIS WEATHER APP DIFFERENT TO OTHER APPS?
WE FILL IN THE GAPS
Our 33,000+ personal weather stations report the most localized weather conditions. The data that we collect from our user-owned weather stations fills in the gaps between the airport weather stations that other weather services rely upon to generate forecasts - meaning our data is generated from actual data points in your neighborhood.
INTERACTIVE WEATHER & RADAR MAP
The most interactive weather map (WunderMap) on mobile allows you to select from different weather overlays including current conditions from our personal weather station network, animated radar, satellite, webcams and severe weather. Customize the map by selecting specific data layers or choose from the various map presets such as severe alerts, fire risk, active fires, hurricane and webcams.
- Sky reports let you tell us if the sky conditions we’re reporting are what you're actually observing. If you see something different you can report the conditions you're experiencing for the benefit of other app users.
- Hazard reports allow you to report any hazardous road conditions you experience to help other people in your area.
ABOUT WEATHER UNDERGROUND
Founded in 1995 as the first online weather service, Weather Underground supplies weather data solutions to the many of the leading media companies and millions of users across the globe through their mobile apps and website wunderground.com. With over 30,000 personal weather stations worldwide, Weather Underground is able to provide meaningful and reliable weather data to people in real-time. Weather Underground is part of the Weather Company and based in San Francisco, California.
- Status notification: instantly view your current temperature and condition on the notification bar
- Current conditions from your local weather station include temperature, feels like temperatures, wind speed & direction, humidity, dew point, visibility, pressure, gusts and moon phase
- 10-day Forecasts including text summary
- Hourly Forecasts including sunrise and sunset
- Historical data
- Interactive Map showing all the personal weather stations in your neighborhood with animated radar, satellite, webcams and much more data
- List view of saved Favorite Locations and Recent Searches
- Crowd reporting feature empowers users to verify our data and send their own Sky Reports and Hazard Reports
- Twitter Integration – share weather data straight onto your Twitter handle and follow the latest weather trends on the Wunderground Twitter Feed
- Snow and Winter Sport reports
- Weather commentary from Dr Masters
- National Weather Service Radio
You will have access to Hurricane Warnings, Hurricane Watches, Tornado Warnings, Severe Thunderstorm Warnings, Tornado Watches, and Severe Thunderstorm Watches as soon as they become available.
This application Uploads your position to our server which then searches the National Weather Service instantly for Warnings / Watches / Alerts in your area. If you are in a Warning or Watch your phone will be alerted and you can take the necessary actions to protect life and property.
More from developer
Data is collected from a wide variety of sources including the US Geological Survey, NOAA, and many other sources from around the globe.
Real Time Warning Pro has added PUSH notification features to help update users as fast as possible while maintaining optimal use of their gps, data and overall usage of their devices.
Real Time Warning Free version: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.horizon.android.rtw&feature=more_from_developer#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEwMiwiY29tLmhvcml6b24uYW5kcm9pZC5ydHciXQ..
View earthquakes, cyclones, volcanic eruptions, hurricanes, floods and other natural disasters on an interactive map.
+Real time warnings of natural disasters
+Set custom disaster alarms
+Set monitors for earthquakes, Cyclones, Volcanic Eruptions, Hurricanes, Floods
+Share option with FaceBook and Twitter Connect
1) Capture photos, record videos and export them to the Secret Media App
2) Share any exciting photos/videos and export them to the Secret Media App
3) Pin password protect your media folders
4) Encryption options for your photos/videos
5) Decryption options when viewing your media
6) If your phone is hacked no one will be able to see your encrypted photo/video media files and folders.