map and in a list as they are occurring around the globe.
Additional hazard information can be viewed and shared.
The term "Active Hazards" refers to a collection of current and real-time incidents (compiled from authoritative sources) which have been designated "potentially hazardous to people, property, or assets" by the PDC DisasterAWARE™ application.
The application is a free download.
PDC Active Hazards currently includes:
-Hurricane/Tropical Cyclone (global)
-National Weather Service High Surf (for Hawaii)
-National Weather Service High Wind (for Hawaii)
-National Weather Service Flood (for Hawaii)
-Wildfire (global)- coming soon!
Other hazards will be added over time.
Application features include:
√ View Active Hazards on an interactive map or in the Alert list
√ Search for location (quick zoom)
√ Choose background map
√ Get "more info" for most Active Hazards
√ Receive automatic updates every five minutes
√ Choose a preferred time zone
Adjustable sensitivity by zooming in or out the earth image.
Play with it anytime or turn it on during your sleep.
Shake detection is subjective to each individual device build-in sensor and related supporting functions.
This app helps to detect movement of its underlying surface but it's not to be used as a sole resource to detect earthquake. Any damage, loss from using this app is at user's own risk.
By downloading or using this app, you agree to the above disclaimer.
* This is a companion application to Earthquake Alert! *
It uses push notifications to alert you when an earthquake occurs that match any predefined filters.
Create as many filters as you want to monitor earthquakes all over the world. Create a filter for smaller earthquakes near your location, or one to filter very large quakes worldwide, or create a custom location and radius - it's up to you!
Push notifications use Google's C2DM technology and therefore require Android 2.2.
Again, this is a companion app for Earthquake Alert!. Once you have both installed they work together seamlessly.
Es una aplicación hecha para fines de protección e información para los usuarios de México.
Con esta aplicación podrás obtener los últimos registros de sismos en todo el país de México, obteniendo la ubicación, la magnitud, la hora y fecha en que ocurrió y por si fuera poco el mapa de la ubicación donde este ocurrió.
La aplicación se actualiza cada 5 minutos, aunque el servidor varía en actualizar los registros de los sismos ocurridos.
También con esta aplicación podrás ver en que zona sísmica te encuentras y obtener algunas recomendaciones en caso de un sismo.
-- Those who live their life on the fault lines should pick this app up immediately.” – Appolicious
-- A “MUST-HAVE” app that “…basically turns your mobile device into an all-in-one post-quake tool, info center, and instruction guide.” – TremblingEarth
-- 20 Best Android apps this week – Guardian News (10/4/2012)
-- Red Cross earthquake app helps before, during and after disaster – Cronkite News
-- Featured by AndroidPolice.com (10/2012)
Be ready for an earthquake with Earthquake by American Red Cross. Get notified when an earthquake occurs, prepare your family and home, find help and let others know you are safe even if the power is out – a must have for anyone who lives in an earthquake-prone area or has loved ones who do.
•Step-by-step instructions let you know what to do even before/during/after an earthquake, even if no data connectivity.
•Get notified when an earthquake occurs; see the intensity impact to your area or those of loved-ones with notifications generated by the United States Geological Survey (USGS).
•Let family and friends know you are okay with the customizable “I’m Safe” alert for Facebook, Twitter, email and text.
•Find open Red Cross shelters in your area when you need help.
•Stay safe when the lights are out with the Toolkit, including a strobe light, flashlight and audible alert functions.
•Prepare for the worst by learning how to assemble an emergency kit for your family in the event of power outage or evacuation.
•Empower your family to stay safe and remain calm in an emergency by learning how to make and practice an emergency plan.
•Earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your hurricane knowledge with interactive quizzes.
•See an illustrated history of earthquakes in your area.
•Know how to what to do about food and drinking water when your area has been impacted by floods and power outages.
DIRECTLY CALL PHONE NUMBERS: We need this to allow you to call emergency numbers from within the app
CAMERA: We need to be able to use the camera to allow us to use the flashlight in Tool Kit
GPS LOCATION: We need to serve you earthquake alerts based on your current location
PHONE CONTACTS: We need this for the Make a Plan view to allow you to add emergency contacts straight from your address book
★ En esta aplicación podrás conocer la actividad sísmica que se genera en el noroeste de México, principalmente en las regiones norte de Baja California y noroeste de Sonora.
★ Así como dar a conocer información a la sociedad sobre la localización y magnitud de los sismos registrados.
★ También conocerás información importante sobre los sismos, tipos de sismos, conceptos básicos, consejos y mucha más información.
All the information and maps are provided by EUMETNET-MeteoAlarm. MeteoAlarm is the official website from Europe’s national weather services that will provide advice on exceptional weather. It is intended for anyone travelling through Europe.
Pictograms and colour-coded maps of Europe show at a glance
where the weather in the next 24 till 48 hours might be, or soon become, dangerous.
The level of risk is colour-coded, based on likely damage, disruption and danger.
The participating countries:
Austria, Belgium, Switzerland, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Germany, Denmark, Estonia, Spain, Finland, France, Greece, Croatia, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Luxemburg, Latvia, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Sweden, Slovenia, Slovakia, United Kingdom
Note: It is a widget(2x2) not an app. Add on homescreen with Menu-> Add item -> Widget -> vigiWidgetEurope
Earthquakes info is a quake application that based on multiple data sources.
With this app, you can get the latest seismic info immediately from all over the world.
Also, you can search the earthquakes occurred in the past.
Tab between map and list
- Latest quakes in the World.
- Filter what you see
- Click quake to view on map
- Map shows magnitudes
- Search by date wise and magnitude wise
Earthquakes Info, Earthquake, Earthquakes, Earthquake Alert, Earthquakes information, seismic , earthquake real time, Tsunami, quake, temblor, convulsion, Quaker, seismicity, cataclysm, seismograph, shock wave, Latest earthquakes, Earthquakes latest, World earthquakes, Earthquakes in world, Earthquakes geo-location, latest Quakes, magnitude, Epicentml distance, seismic,
Welcome to contact us feedback problem and suggestions!
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Register the prediction point and the seismic intensity threshold.
The prediction point is a place where you want to receive the earthquake warning for. The seismic intensity threshold is the standard value. This app. gives you a notice when the estimated seismic intensity is lower than the registered threshold.
[More about this app.]
This app. works with the Earthquake Early Warning (EEW) for advanced users which delivered by the Japan Meteorological Agency (JMA). This means that, when receiving the EEW from the JMA, this application will give you a notice each time. The EEW for the advanced users has a characteristic which derivers warning several times for each earthquake with improving the precision of a seismic intensity. So, this app. may give you several notices with different estimated seismic intensity and arrival time.
Also, with this app. you can view the information of earthquakes occurred in the past.
1.The estimated seismic intensity may yield a slight error by less than ±1.
2.In the case below, the notice of the earthquake warning may delay or failed.
・The prediction point and the seismic intensity threshold are not registered.
・The registered prediction point is close to the epicenter.
・The trouble in network.
・The distance between the registered prediction point and the epicenter is more than 2000 kilometers.
・The depth of the epicenter is more than 150 kilometers.
・Due to the Maintenance of the server.
・Too much load on the server.
・EEW is not delivered by JMA.
3.Twitter Service is not available, you can not view the information of earthquakes occurred in the past.
4.This app. is designed for use in Japan only.
5.To know more about the Earthquake Early Warning, see the JMA homepage.
has an FAQ on facebook page
Note: there is a free version of this app. You should try that one first to see how you like it.
* This is a companion application to Earthquake Alert! *
** NOTE: this is *not* a real time system. Data comes from USGS and they post earthquakes online many minutes after the event so there will be delays of 5-20 minutes usually.
* Please email me for issues. I cannot respond to comments or feedback on the app itself.
Try creating a custom location filter vs. the "near me" filter - that one relies on your phone's location and isn't always up to date when the quake comes in.
In this App you can see this topic.
1. Earthquake Preparedness and Survival Tips
2. How to Locate an Earthquakes Epicenter
3. How to Make an Earthquake Home Kit
4. How to Protect Your Children From Earthquakes While They Sleep
5. How to View Earthquake Icons in Google Earth
And you can see the Video and Game
keyword : Earthquake Map Alert
You can browse the latest earthquake information in Japan on your Android
Although it is still in the experimental stage, you will also be able to
receive the latest earthquake information with the push notification
feature. However the feature does not guarantee that you will receive
notifications for all earthquakes. Please make sure you use it as substitute
tool when there is no alternative way to find the latest information. You
need to activate this feature first from Setting.
Please note that all the information for recent earthquakes shown in our
lists and push notifications are our initial findings. They may be different
from official information.
About KeepAlive interval
Please try not to change the settings from default. If you change it, push
notifications might fail to reach to your mobile or the battery could run
If your router has NAT timer, NAPT, or TCP timer setting, making Wi-Fi
KeepAlive value about 1 minute smaller than the router's setting could
decrease use of the battery.
About current location issue
There is a chance the distance between your location and the epicentre is
not shown. This is because this app estimates the distance based on your
last location being recognized by Android. So if you have never used apps
which require GPS, your current location cannot be recognized and you will
receive alerts for all areas. The positioning process takes time and
positioning after receiving our alert is too late to reflect your location
on our information.
eWeather HD is the most informative Android application about your environment: Current weather and weather forecasts from different weather providers, NOAA weather alerts, latest earthquakes, live radar, geomagnetic storm forecast, pressure change indicator, wind and moon and sun calendar, METAR.
The NOAA Doppler Radar shows tornado, rain, snow, and hail clouds movement on Google Maps around your location in real time with higher resolution images than any other app for Android ( USA only).
• Hi-Def, Real-Time animated NOAA (NEXRAD) Radar on Google maps (USA only),
• Cloud satellite layer on map (USA, Europe, Japan and Australia),
• Two world-renowned weather providers: Foreca and US weather provider,
• 130,000 locations all over the world,
• Twenty original widgets of the weather, radar, time, moon phase, barometer, geomagnetic index, and UV index (1x1, 2x1, 2x2, 1x4, 4x1, 4x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x2, 5x5 etc),
• Widgets for lockscreen was added (only for Android 4.2)
• 126 weather alert categories.
• Radar widget on OpenStreetMap (for USA only),
• Sea surface temperature on weather map, widgets, noification area,
• Ten day forecast,
• Ten notification indicators in the status bar: temperature, moon phase, earthquakes, alerts, barometer etc,
• Earthquakes widget on OpenStreetMap,
• Weather Alerts (Advisory, Watch, or Warning) from NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) for USA,
• Black ice and freeze warnings,
• One-hundred latest earthquakes in the world on Google map,
• Barometer with headache indicator,
• Pressure forecast graph (Foreca only),
• Moon phase, moon rise and moon set times,
• Sunrise and sunset times,
• Duration of the day,
• World map with weather alerts, weather, earthquakes and local time.
• Geomagnetic storm forecast,
• Wind speed and directionality indicators in both 10-day and hour-by-hour forecasts (except Foreca),
• 24 hour by hour forecast,
• Current weather conditions,
• Only uses 10 KBytes of internet traffic per city for each weather update,
• World clock,
• METAR from weather station (except Foreca),
• UV index,
• Precipitation probability,
• Precipitation amount: rainfall and new snowfall amount,
• Follow by location (uses GPS or Cell Network location determination),
• Full tablet support,
• Send weather forecast, weather alerts, Earthquakes by e-mail
• Is an easy to use, handy assistant for staying informed about changing weather conditions,
• Has a built-in barometer. A diagram is displayed which shows the atmospheric pressure changes for the past 24 hours. A red warning display is produced when the barometer detects changes more than 0.2 inhg.
• Provides information on the last 100 earthquakes from all over the world. View the latest earthquakes in a list or on a map. Provides information regarding magnitude, time and distance. You can filter earthquakes by their magnitude and distance from your location
The most unique feature in this application is the “Weather Clock”. It provides all of the previous information in an hour-by-hour clock format and is very interactive, informative and fun to use. Check it out!
eWeather HD is recommended for those who are interested in weather, astronomy, aviation, hunting, fishing, travel, own or work on a farm or ranch, a private or vacation home, or work or play in a weather-sensitive environment or industry... the list goes on and on!
Payment is one time, no ads, no any in-app payment, free updates.
Storm-based or polygon alerts help reduce false alarms by alerting you to severe weather based on your exact location within a county. Most other apps and sources still use county-based alerts (meaning you'd get an alert even if your location in the county is not within the threatened area).
What people are saying:
* Storm Shield "alerted our family of the Broken Arrow, OK tornado, faster than the TV and tornado sirens." - Robyn, Broken Arrow, OK resident
* "I was in Oklahoma City during the tornado... we were right in its path. Your app literally was a life saver." - dcalk12
Additional features include:
* Get NOAA alerts no matter where you are in the United States.
* See Hurricane and Tropical Storm forecast tracks from the National Weather Service (NWC).
* See where NOAA watches and warnings are issued by switching between map overlays.
* Save five additional locations to make sure friends and family at home, work, or out of state stay safe.
* Voice alerts can wake you in the middle of the night or give you information when you can't stop to look at your phone.
* School Closings for Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Denver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Kansas City, and Tulsa.
* Watch live video streams when available (usually during local coverage of severe weather in Scripps TV markets, listed below. Due to compatibility issues in older version of the Android OS, Live Video is only available for Android 4.0 and above.)
* Current Conditions, 7-Day Forecast, and Hourly Forecasts
* View weather photos and submit your own weather photos (available for Scripps television and newspaper markets).
* Share a view of your map screen to let friends and family know where severe weather is happening, especially if it affects their location.
* Storm Shield is designed to make a negligible impact on your battery.
* Turn off Location Tracking and instead set one of your five locations to where you are most often.
* You can throttle up or down Storm Shield's Location Tracking to balance location accuracy and battery life.
Storm Shield is made possible by The E.W. Scripps Company, including WCPO Cincinnati, KNXV ABC15 Phoenix, WEWS Newsnet5 Cleveland, WXYZ Detroit, KJRH Tulsa, KMGH ABC7 Denver, KGTV ABC10 San Diego, KERO 23 Bakersfield, WMAR ABC2 Baltimore, WFTS ABCActionNews Tampa, WPTV News Channel 5 West Palm Beach, WRTV RTV6 The IndyChannel Indianapolis, KSHB 41 Action News Kansas City.
Get tips, updates and more on our Storm Shield Facebook page.
Visit our support page for FAQs.
Oz Quake is an earthquake monitoring app which displays the latest earthquakes reported over last 7 days by multiple international agencies.
# List of recent earthquakes with time, magnitude, distance to epicenter and depth.
# Earthquake details and additional info.
# A map with all earthquakes.
# Optionally can display most active volcanoes and volcanoes active this week.
# Optionally can display tectonic plates boundaries.
# Standard, satellite or hybrid map.
# Change measurement units.
# Multiple data sources:
- US Geological Survey (USGS),
- European-Mediterranean Seismological Centre (EMSC),
- GeoScience Australia,
- GeoNet (NZ),
- Helmholtz Centre Potsdam (GFZ),
- Natural Resources Canada (NRC),
- British Geological Survey (BGS).
Stay tuned - more features are coming!
More from developer
Data is collected from a wide variety of sources including the US Geological Survey, NOAA, and many other sources from around the globe.
Real Time Warning Pro has added PUSH notification features to help update users as fast as possible while maintaining optimal use of their gps, data and overall usage of their devices.
Real Time Warning Free version: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.horizon.android.rtw&feature=more_from_developer#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEwMiwiY29tLmhvcml6b24uYW5kcm9pZC5ydHciXQ..
View earthquakes, cyclones, volcanic eruptions, hurricanes, floods and other natural disasters on an interactive map.
+Real time warnings of natural disasters
+Set custom disaster alarms
+Set monitors for earthquakes, Cyclones, Volcanic Eruptions, Hurricanes, Floods
+Share option with FaceBook and Twitter Connect
1) Capture photos, record videos and export them to the Secret Media App
2) Share any exciting photos/videos and export them to the Secret Media App
3) Pin password protect your media folders
4) Encryption options for your photos/videos
5) Decryption options when viewing your media
6) If your phone is hacked no one will be able to see your encrypted photo/video media files and folders.