Moving map GPS for a little price!
Air Navigation for Android is a real-time aircraft navigation application with integrated flight planning. Using the GPS receiver (integrated or external) and accelerometers of the Android it can emulate different types of real IFR or VFR aircraft navigation instruments. Using the navigation plan editor, you can prepare and store navigation plans and use them in the cockpit with the moving map.
It contains free maps of the entire world as well as official aviation charts for many countries. The application costs a fraction of the price of a dedicated portable aviation GPS.
Air Navigation comes fully loaded with worldwide aviation waypoints (more than 160000). The database also contains airspace information for many countries. By using the database and maps, you can quickly plan your route, distance and estimated time of flight.
Real aircraft instrument HSI
Air Navigation imitates real aircraft instrument, gathering information from GPS to create realistic image. With Air Navigation you will not only get a moving map but also realistic images of the instrument HSI.
Please find the user manual on this web page:
To contact us regarding bugs, crash and other issues with the software, please use the support center:
It's an integrated primary flight display based on a G1000 glass cockpit.
This flight deck includes:
- Attitude (Pitch and Roll)
- Ground Speed
- Slip / Skid
- Turn Angle
- Magnetic / True Heading
- Latitude and Longitude
- Sound Level
- Vertical Acceleration (G Force)
- Atmospheric Pressure (Kollsman window) *
- Light *
- Humidity *
- Battery Temperature
- Battery Charge (and Low Batt alert)
- Battery Volts and Amps
- Battery Status and Health
- Ambient temperature (OAT) *
- Power cable source and status
- Local Time and Date
The artificial horizon uses gyroscopes when available and is unaffected by trajectorial accelerations.
Units of speed (knots, km/h, miles, m/s), altitude (feet,meters), temperature (ºF, ºC) and pressure (hPa, InHg) are selectable by the user in the bottom menu.
All gauges use a proportional integral filter to smooth movements.
For best results the device should be placed vertically and aligned with the pitch axis.
Attitude can be calibrated to correct small deviations of device support.
The application adapts to any screen size and resolution.
- Gauges marked with an asterisk (*) are "device dependent" and may not all of them be available in all devices, in that case a red cross or lined values are shown.
- The speed shown is relative to the ground.
- The altitude is msl.
- GPS is required to get the speed, altitude and heading. At low speeds (< 3m/s), the magnetic heading is shown even when GPS is selected.
- Sound recording for the sound level gauge.
**** We do not provide support on reviews page ****
**** Support is available 24/7 at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/apps4av-forum */
Avare (pronounced "Av Air") is a free moving-map aviation GPS & EFB app.
Note: Internet access is required only for installing the app, an aviation database, and at least 1 chart; then for any updates. We recommend that you TURN OFF AUTOMATIC UPDATE in your Play app, and manually update Avare and then its Downloads.
Avare provides offline moving map on all FAA charts (VFR Sectional, IFR lo/hi enroute, Approach Plate, WAC & TAC); plus A/FD info, Airport Diagrams w/GPS Taxi, and Terminal Procedures. Also included: GPS status, Terrain/Elevation Maps, 50 Nearest airports, Obstacles, and more. Some FAA Charts cover Puerto Rico, plus parts of Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean. All of this is Completely Free with no ads (unless you tap Options/Ads to see our sponsors). Canadian topo moving maps and unofficial airport info are also now available and volunteers may add other countries. If you use and enjoy Avare, your optional donation is requested to support expenses & continued development.
Note: Like all apps for portable devices, Avare is not FAA certified but may be used as outlined in FAA documents. Also see our NOTICE below, and the FAQ on our website for links to FAA documents.
•Made by & for pilots
•Easy to learn & use
•Quick & responsive
•All free FAA materials & more
•Runs on most Android devices
•No ads or invasive permissions
•Type in any address or coordinates.
•METAR & TAF (Internet fetch).
•ADSB NEXRAD, METAR, TAF, PIREP, Winds (free AddOn apps).
•Graphic & text TFRs (Internet fetch).
•Terrain maps & Canada topo, MSL & AGL display.
•External GPS, autopilot and flite sim (free AddOn apps).
•Obstacles: Any over 500' AGL within 200' of GPS altitude.
•Frequencies, runways, fuel availability, & other A/FD info.
•13000+ Geo. referenced approach plates and taxi diagrams
•Landscape or Portrait display Preference, North Up or Track Up (NU/TU).
•Draw notes directly on-screen, or Pan freely around charts (Draw/Pan).
•Press any two points on chart for approximate distance between them.
•Location icon can be centered or track from your placement on screen.
•GPS compass direction, Bearing, and Distance to and FROM any point on the map by long-pressing one finger on that point. Great for your ATC and CTAF radio calls.
Avare installation begins with the small app, and then fetching an aviation Database and at least one chart. You can of course choose additional charts and materials for Avare to Download free at any time.
Note: The FAA occasionally changes their charts such that outdated charts may incorrectly display your location in Avare, so be sure to Update any charts you may use in flight! ANY time you plan to Update a chart, first ensure that you have the latest version of Avare and its Database.
After installing Avare, please use the Help feature to begin. New features are being added very quickly in response to user feedback. You can Contact us directly via our apps4av google group Forum to share your questions, feedback, and feature requests.
Launch Note: Press the square Avare Options button at the bottom left of the Map screen to access Help.
NOTICE: This software is provided "as is" and any express or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are disclaimed. In no event shall the copyright holder or contributors be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages (including, but not limited to loss of use or data) however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of this software, even if advised of the possibility of such damage.
- This is the GPS APP that can not miss on your smartphone during your flight VFR or IFR.
- With it, simply choose one of more than 263.000 waypoints (ILS VOR NDB FIXES OR AIRPORTS) in the database or one of the user-defined and ready. Just follow the HSI and reach the destination.
- All world covered on most complete database in Google Market:
- 17.000+ ICAO Airports
- 229.000+ Fixes
- 6.600+ ILS
- 4.500+ VOR
- 6.200+ NDB
- Another important feature is that any time you can see the decoded METAR of destination airport with only one touch on the screen.
- Designed to be simple to use, no complicated functions and without maps, which, in many cases, hinder and confuse the user with small screen devices.
- To further facilitate the user's life, this APP has been translated into three languages (English, Spanish and Portuguese) which are adjusted according to the language of your smartphone.
Tags: navigation, navigator, aircraft, airplane, plane, aviation, pilot, METAR, GPS, HSI,
navegación, navegador, avión, aviación, piloto, navegação, avião, aeronave, aviação, IFR, VFR
Specifically designed for use on the water, BoatBeacon uniquely provides Bearing, Range and Closest Point of Approach (CPA) calculations in addition to AIS ship information. Uses up-to-the-second AIS feeds unlike other apps which can be a minute or more behind real time. Transmits as well as receives AIS and is the only app that continuously monitors CPA, notifying if potential collisions are detected even when the app is in the background.
“An outstanding app, with great potential. Both interesting to use and very user friendly. This could be a life saver. Everyone who goes on the water should have this on and use it!” Sundream
Receives AIS ship data in real-time. No VHF AIS receiver, transponder or aerial required.
Over the horizon Collision, SART and MoB detection (30 miles radius) using continuous Closest Point of Approach (CPA) calculations - highlights boats that are on a potential collision course and alarms.
Provides Bearing and Distance information to other boats in addition to AIS information like speed, course, location, name, length etc.
Continually calculates and alarms CPA even when the app is in the background.
Option to Transmit your boats position, speed and heading to Global AIS Systems and other Boat Beacon users. Transmit also works continuously in the background too when enabled.
Live Map view with compass overlay which rotates with you so you can look in the direction of the ships on the map to locate them.
Extensive details on other ships - including Photos.
Search for boats or places nearby or worldwide by name or MMSI.
Share your track and position with friends and family instantly and in real time via email, Twitter and Facebook etc.
People can also follow you on Boat Beacon and leading AIS systems like MarineTraffic, ShipFinder and AIS Hub which have free web viewers available.
Also supports NMEA AIS via Wifi and USB.
Arm all the crews in a race with Boat Beacon and have real time updates on the race positions and have the Club-house watch too on a large screen with Boat Beacon's TV/Video Out support
Keep a watch and in touch with other boats in your flotilla when sailing in a group.
Ideal for busy and popular harbours, ports and coastal areas upto 15 miles out to sea.
Boat Beacon requires internet access to work. Most popular coastal areas in the US have cellular data access extending 12 or more miles out to sea. The UK has nearly complete coastal coverage out to 12 miles. AIS Ship data is provided by a network of voluntary AIS shore based stations. Some areas may not have AIS coverage.
N.B. This is not an AIS transponder. You will not be visible to other ships on their AIS systems unless they also use data from the same land based AIS networks.
Android Smartphone or Tablet with GPS.
You do not need an MMSI to use Boat Beacon and you can be seen on Boat Beacon by other Boat Beacon users without having one. However if you want to be seen on Global AIS systems like Marine Traffic, ShipFinder and AIS Hub, etc. then you will need to have and use an MMSI number. If you don't have an MMSI for your boat you can obtain a free one in the US in a few minutes by visiting http://www.boatus.com/mmsi (the USCG approved agent) and using their online form. Alternatively email us for a free internet MMSI number.
Please note that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
NOT FOR NAVIGATION
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful. Boat Beacon should only be used for basic navigation reference and should not be solely relied upon to determine precise locations, proximity, distance, or direction.
Only requires GPS connectivity so AWN works in "Flight mode".
If you do have an Internet connection then you can see your current location on OpenStreetMaps (no subscription required).
Maintain a list of Waypoints, which you can enter into the application, import from spreadsheet or download from the Internet
Select a Waypoint for immediate "Go to" navigation or set current location as waypoint for "Man overboard" situations.
Build a list of regularly used Routes from the Waypoints then select a Route to navigate.
Automatic Route Waypoint selection during Navigation.
Route waypoints are listed in the Navigation screen in order of distance (nearest first) from your current location (except that the top item will be the closest Waypoint which is both On Route and Ahead).
Waypoints will therefore sort themselves when you pass over a waypoint or when you wish to travel a route in reverse.
Temporarily switch "On Route" or "Off Route" priority of route waypoints during Navigation for instance to route to a reporting point or destination diversion.
VOR ADF Radionavigation Trainer is a Simulator which will help you to get familiar with radionavigation VOR-HSI-ADF-RMI, understand the QDM / Radial and the TO / FROM flags at your pace.
You can use two VORs and one NDB at a time, the total available number of VORs is 7 and 11 NDBs for a 100x100 Nm Radionavigation Chart.
You can train anywhere at anytime, pause, move the aircraft and also observe the Trajectory.
The airspeed can be set from 100 Kts up to 400 Kts and the wind from 0 Kts up to 50 Kts.
The Manual is included in the app.
NOTE :- New Version - Before we start beating our testing team, if anyone is experiencing any app crashes please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your OS and which device you are using. Thank you! - Navfree Team.
Navfree is a completely free, voice guided navigation app, with no hidden costs or charges.
We use OSM map data, which is created by you and millions of other people around the world. The more you correct the better the map. As it's reliant on you, maps are occasionally incorrect, but you can get involved and use Navfree’s inbuilt feedback tool to correct this.
Navfree features on-board maps, which are stored on your device.
Therefore requires no data connection (unless of course you use the connected services). Use Navfree abroad to avoid high roaming costs!
• Complete voice guided navigation
• Incredibly beautiful HD maps
• Fast routing - no data connection is required!
• Missed a turn? No problem…let automatic rerouting get you back on track.
• Switch to walking mode when you’re on foot.
• Offline and Online address search.
• Simple POI search within Navfree, or use Foursquare for an extensive list.
• Navigate via Postcode, city, street or POI. What’s here?
• Upgradable Premium Content including: Traffic, Celebrity Voices, Safety Cameras
• Integrated Google street view
• + Much, much more
We're always eager to hear about your experience of using Navfree - especially if something has gone wonky. If you would like help with the app or would just like to tell us what you think, please email email@example.com
* Some premium content not available in all countries
- This software provides ILS approach and GPS, VOR, NDB, DME, Marker beacons, RNAV navigation and Marker beacons warnings without ILS/VOR/NDB/RNAV equipment on board. This application is completely autonomous.
- Warnings before entering to the controlled or special use airspaces
- Automatic and manual Logbook. The Logbook records:
a. flight track (it is possible to export it to the .kml file (Google Earth) or .gpx file)
b. departure and arrive airport
c. departure and arrive time
- Virtual radar - users can see another aircrafts in the air.
- Dynamic terrain map (colors depend of height above ground level), obstacles
- Free topographical map. Maps can be created by users using MOBAC, SAS PLANET or RMAP applications
- Free World navigation database
- Route planning, calculation of fuel consumption (depended on wind)
- Barometric altitude and vertical speed indicators – (requires your device to have a barometric sensor)
- External Bluetooth GPS support
- Sunset / Sunrise calculator
- Export and import from/to Garmin devices and Google Earth via .gpx or .kml file. Support for importing waypoints via txt file.
- Organize your nav items to folders
- Easy setup your nav items via Google Earth
- 4 portrait and 4 landscape screens (fully customized)
- Application can display: DME, ACC, GS, ALT, TRK, BRG, AGL, ELE, CAL, VAR, UTC, LOG, HDG, CRS, ETA, ET, ETE, LT, MGS, GAL, SR, SS, XTK, PRE, QNH, VSI, RRD, SW1, SW2, RRD, DTA, DAL
Use this application for VFR FLYING ONLY!!! We are not responsible for any use of this application.
Using application is at your own risk. FLY is FUN does not substitute any aircraft gauge or device. All data downloaded to this application can be incorrect and not valid. Information displayed by this application are without any warranties.
Trial version means that application needs restart after 10 minutes of using. For full version you need to purchase "FLY is FUN unlocker".
If your device do not have menu button look here:
- ILS guidance (GPS and barometric sensor based)
- VOR, NDB, DME, LOC, WPT etc. navigation (GPS based)
- Dynamic terrain map (colors depend of height above ground level) - Ground proximity warning system
- Airspaces and navaids map
- AIRAC based the world navaid, WPTs, airports database
- Route planning
- Sunset / Sunrise calculator
- Export and import from (to) Garmin devices and Google Earth via .gpx or .kml file
- Recording your track and export it to .kml files (Google Earth)
- Organize your nav items to folders
- Easy setup your nav items in Google Earth
Many thanks to Olivier from France, Onuff from Russia, Vladimir from Australia and Juergen from Germany for their help.
See short user guide:
If you have any suggestion how to improve this application or you find some bug please visit www.flyisfun.com.
VOR, ILS, GPS, LOC, FIX, navigation, aviation, avionics, glass, cockpit, aircraft, plane, IFR, VFR, terrain alert, compass, altimeter, HSI, PFD, navigation aid database, altimeter, logger, declination, simulator, moving map, sunrise sunset calculator, RNAV, GPS ILS VOR glasscockpit, pressure, barometric sensor, baro altitude, VSI, airspaces, GPWS, METAR, TAF, radar, ADS-B, density altitude
- Altimeter ASML, ASFC (correction GUND)
- Speed (ground - air), Wind analysis
- Artificial Horizon (simulation from accelerometers). The measure does not use gyroscopes, the use of the artificial horizon in flight is clearly not feasible.
- Clock local or UTC
- Taking notes (finger).
This program (operational) validate the process of deploying intented to innovative navigation program "Aero Nav" type moving map available shortly.
Track information https://www.facebook.com/pages/Aero-Concept/358043240996779
- Attitude Indicator (Artificial Horizon/Gyro)
- Magnetic compass
- True Course
- Slip Indicator
- Vertical Speed
- Altitude MSL
Unlike other apps around in the market ixGyro provides a true-attitude indicator that is unaffected by trajectorial accelerations, using not only the accelerometer sensor, but also the GPS signal and the gyroscope (if available) for a much more reliable and robust attitude indication.
Therefore, the best results are obtained with devices that are equipped with a gyroscope and GPS (as the Nexus S, the Galaxy Nexus (Google/Samsung), the Galaxy S2/S3, the Samsung Galaxy Tab, the Samsung Galaxy Note, the Samsung Nexus 10, the HTC Evo 3D, the HTC One/One X+, the Asus Transformer, the LG Nexus 4, or the LG Optimus Pad, for example).
If you encounter some odd behaviour of the attitude indicator (e.g. with the Google Nexus 7) please follow these steps to get satisfying results:
1) Launch ixGyro and select the Settings dialog
2) Check the option "Minimize gyro delay"
3) Select the option "Reset Autocalibration" from the main menu
4) Wait at least 5 minutes while ixGyro is running and the device is at rest
5) Optionally you can uncheck the option "Minimize gyro delay" now to save battery power.
Please read the documentation carefully and contact us in case of problems!
This is a demo version! The Pro version is available now on Android Market.
(1) Voice vertical guidance into any airport. This helps flying consistent & safer short field VFR approaches into runways with no vertical guidance.
(2) "Flight Analysis" to review the approach precision and improve from feedback on every flight.
How does it work? (reference 1st App Screenshot)
* Connect Phone audio to headset, adjust audio volume
* Select desired approach
* Identify "Green Arrow" in HSI and turn aircraft to Top of Descent. (67 deg)
* Localizer bar is "red" indicating that loc is past the right limit.
* Localizer will turn "yellow" once in range
* "White Arrow" in HSI is the direction of touchdown point. (60 deg)
* "Yellow Arrow" in HSI is the direction of final approach course. (37 deg)
* Descent to "TOD altitude" (top of descent) using aircraft altimeter as reference
* Now a GREEN glide slope bar will appear and be centered
* As we approach the TOD and the synthetic ILS GP in "yellow" is coming down
* YELLOW ILS glide slope and the GREEN TOD glide slope will merge at TOD
* Passing the TOD turn to the final approach course shown as "yellow" arrow
* Descent with the YELLOW ILS glide slope
* Voice will announce: "50 up", "Center", "Down 100" etc....
* Menu: "Request Flight Analysis" after landing, suggest connecting via wifi
* Examples and details at: http://www.reuter-family.com/gpsils/GPSILS_Details.pdf. Thank You to Timothy Nathan
Watch the example video of on an actual ILS: www.youtube.com/watch?v=85AdUUd-kZw
We are approaching the localiser on a 125 heading and a TOD altitude of 1200ft. We are about 60 ft too low. The Green, White and Yellow arrows show the direction to the TOD point, the touchdown zone and the approach course respectively.
As the localizer comes in we turn to 207 for the intercept.
As we approach the TOD the Green and Yellow GP merge. The green arrow swings around to the left indicating that we pass TOD on the right.
The decent with the GP starts. The white arrow is now hidden behind the yellow arrow. The TOD is now behind us and hence the green arrow is pointing to our 6 o' clock position.
The voice announcement are suppressed. However you can see the announcements in the upper left of the phone screen. "Up 80" for example. The app shows an altitude of 510 ft at touchdown. According to the charts the runway is at 517 ft.
Once we pass the touchdown zone the white arrow moves to the 6 o'clock position.
Note, we used an external Bluetooth GPS on the glare shield with a 5 Hz update frequency. Any change in color of the "accuracy" field indicates a new GPS data point. CAUTION, usage of the internal phone GPS may materially reduce the accuracy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqyAXyufBK8&feature=youtu.be shows a good match between GPS and ILS. At 1000 ft agl the tower switches the approach from circle to land to straight in. Compare the two glide slopes.
Further comparison of the app to an actual ILS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGLHkozNBRw
Courchevel with Audio announcement for altitude correction: www.youtube.com/watch?v=P__OlISD3xg
Scenic Courchevel (LFLJ) approach: www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNFNFZq2BFY
The app asks for the pilots e-mail address. The address is attached to log files and makes it possible to send comments back. Privacy is ensured. Upload/download of data may best be done when connected to internet via wifi. The data stays private.
To add more approaches drop me an e-mail or press the request button on the phone. 37,000 approaches can be down loaded via "Menu->Download Approaches".
Comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org Disclaimer: The software and data is as is. The author assumes no responsibility or liability either directly or indirectly.
Big "Thank You" to Mark Rae and Timothy Nathan who worked on improving the UI, database checks and test flights.
This app is an indispensable tool. Map & plot navigational waypoints, share location and waypoint information with other Tactical NAV users by email using encrypted security, and even take photographs stamped with GPS coordinates. These are just some of the tools the U.S. Military and NATO Armed Forces use to conduct combat operations on a daily basis - and now, these tools are available to YOU in Tactical NAV.
★★★★★ VOTED APP OF THE MONTH BY APPDICTIONS.COM ★★★★★
❋ COMBAT TESTED. MILITARY GRADE. GOOGLE PLAY APPROVED. ❋
❋❋ AS SEEN ON THE BBC, CNN, CBSNEWS, FOXNEWS, MSNBC, AND THE NY TIMES ❋❋
A MUST FOR THOSE WHO HAVE AN IPHONE IN A-STAN
"The GPS is right on the money (using a DAGR to compare with). The best and most useful feature is the capability to take pics with the coordinates stamped in ... a must have app for all deployed military members who actually leave the wire."
"Was just in Korea and the app worked perfect. The new nav to a grid is great also."
- Trunco Inc
You may be a soldier on active duty, out there putting your life on the line for your country, or maybe you brave the wilds as an adventurer, hunter, hiker or camper. In any of these situations, it’s important to have the right tools along to keep you on target and safe.
Thanks to Tactical NAV, you can have everything you need for navigating anywhere, all in one handy application for your Android device.
This app puts the military grid reference system (MGRS) and field navigation in the palm of your hand. Yes, you can now access the same resources used by the U.S. Military and NATO Armed Forces worldwide.
Soldiers will appreciate how Tactical NAV can help in the field. Map, plot and photograph navigational points, find your way back to an observation post, employ the night mode function for easier viewing in the dark, switch between different types of data and take advantage of Camera mode, with data displayed in real-time and photo stamping ability.
Everything you need is here and has been extensively tested for accuracy in the remote mountains of Afghanistan during combat operations. Tactical NAV is on par with many of the GPS devices used by U.S. Soldiers today.
Although Tactical NAV is military grade, it works great for civilians, too. Are you an adventure traveler? Like to hike, camp or hunt? Track your route or save waypoints so you can retrace your steps, easily find your way back to your vehicle or campsite and never worry about getting lost again.
Look at the features you get in Tactical NAV:
* Cross-platform support between iOS and Android OS
* Military quality GPS tactical navigation system
* WGS 84 standard
* Tested in combat to ensure utmost accuracy and reliability
* 1:50,000 map scale overlay (1km by 1km gridsquares)
* Waypoint plotting functionality
* Fully editable waypoints
* Location and waypoint sharing via email with other users
* Compass lock function
* Fast user switching between degrees, Mils, elevation, LAT/LONG, and MGRS data
* Camera mode with heads-up data displayed in real-time with photo stamping ability
* One-button night mode function
* "Go to Grid" option
* Multi-tasking support
* Free updates as they become available
* And so much more!!!
Download Tactical NAV now and put a portable, military quality tactical navigation system to work for you.
Tactical NAV should never be used in place of authorized Department of Defense equipment and systems. A data network is required for map downloading. Please enable location services. Tactical NAV is not endorsed by the U.S. Army, the U.S. Military, or the Department of Defense.
-Gyro Attitude Indicator, with auto-calibration and auto-leveling. For devices without gyro sensors, attitude is derived from GPS. Indicator shows extreme attitude chevrons to guide you back to a safety if you find yourself in an unusual attitude
-"Glass cockpit" Primary Flight Display using digital tapes for Speed, Altitude, Heading, Vertical Speed and Rate of Turn
-Position relative to nearest airport in plain English (convenient for ATC position reports), with a global database of 23,000 airports, including tower frequencies
-Automatic Flight Timer
-Fully configurable display, in portrait and landscape mode
-Choice of imperial or metric units
Provides pilots with a backup for their artificial horizon, airspeed indicator, altimeter and compass on a modern PFD.
Continuous Adaptive Auto-Calibration adjusts the gyro for sensor drift as a result of temperature, engine vibration and sensor errors, and a Kalman filter combines input from multiple sensors for better attitude stability.
For correct indication, the device needs to be placed vertical, with the screen facing the pilot, but aligned with the axis of flight (i.e., not rotated for better viewing). Level the attitude indicator by tapping the center at any time.
If desired, choose 'Use GPS for attitude' to force GPS-derived attitude indication (ignoring gyro sensors).
Sensors are optimized for use in flight, and will show dip and bank at slow speeds (eg in a car).
Upon start-up, the tapes will show red X marks to indicate that no reliable GPS signal is available. Once a reliable GPS signal has been captured, speed and altitude tapes will show. If attitude is derived from GPS, the attitude indicator and heading tape will show once moving at a speed of greater than 10 kts. A reliable GPS signal may not be possible indoors.
The frequency of GPS updates varies considerably between devices. The age of the last GPS fix is shown when >3s, to warn that the GPS data is old. All indications are not reliable when the GPS data is old.
Air data is derived from GPS, and therefore only an approximation of actual air speed, altitude and heading (and attitude for devices without gyro sensors). Do not use for primary navigation or attitude reference. You assume total responsibility and risk associated with this application.
Most devices have accelerometer sensors, but this is not the same as gyro sensors. Gyro attitude is only possible with gyro sensors, so please check your device documentation to confirm you have gyro sensors. If not, Flight Instruments will derived attitude information from the GPS, which is still very useful in flight, but not as smooth and accurate as gyro indication.
DISCLAIMER: This app is not FAA approved and should not be used for primary navigation. All information is presented for reference only. You assume total responsibility and risk associated with this application
This is a 30 day free trial of Naviator. Please see the "Subscription Information" section below for more details.
Notice: we do not provide customer support via Play Store reviews. Please contact our Support Team for customer support issues.
Naviator is a full-featured moving map GPS app for pilots. For less than the price of an hour of fuel you can have access to GPS navigation technology that would have cost thousands of dollars only a few years ago!
Quickly and easily share your flights with your friends on Naviator Hangar! (http://hangar.naviatorapp.com/)
• GPS moving map with airspace, airports, radio navigation aids, airway intersections, TFRs
• All navigational data is downloaded to your device - no internet connection is required while you are flying
• Easy "rubber band" flight planning
• Support for ADS-B receivers including the Dual XGPS 170, iLevil, SkyGuardTWX, Flight Data Systems Pathfinder and various receivers from FreeFlight Systems
• Integrates with ADS-B or the Zaon XRX for real-time traffic display
• 3D synthetic vision with terrain and obstacles/towers
• Global terrain database with terrain warnings
• Global Forecast Engine provides winds aloft anywhere on the planet up to 54,000 feet
• GPS track recording - upload your recordings to your Naviator Hangar (http://hangar.naviatorapp.com)
• Integrates with Microsoft Flight Simulator
• Integrates with X-Plane using the "X-Plane to GPS" app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appropel.xplanegps)
• Get a weather briefing and file a flight plan from right inside the app
• Vertical navigation (VNAV) calculator
• Canadian data including airspace, airports, navaids, terrain and weather
• NMEA output - Naviator can drive your aircraft's autopilot
• "Bring Your Own Charts" - you can import custom maps and charts into the app. See our forum for more details.
Our support forum is located at http://forum.naviatorapp.com/
Subscriptions provide access to all app, chart and data updates for the duration of the subscription.
Naviator is free of charge for the first 30 days of use. After this free trial period, the following items may be purchased:
(a) 30 Day Chart Subscription - $4.99 USD
Enables full app access for 30 days*
(b) 1 Year Chart Subscription - $34.99 USD
Enables full app access for one year*
(c) Unlock Naviator - $14.99 USD
Intended for pilots who do not fly in the United States, this one-time charge permanently unlocks all features of Naviator, except FAA approach plates, sectionals, TACs, IFR enroute charts, TFR updates and the "BYOC" feature.
Includes database updates, weather updates, high-detail VFR base map, terrain database and 3D synthetic vision
* geo-referenced approach plates require an optional subscription from Seattle Avionics. See our website for details.
• 3 days worth of arrivals and departures information (yesterday, today and tomorrow)
• Detailed map showing your current location within the airport, location of restaurants, bars, banks, toilets, shops etc.
• General airport information (from Wikipedia) and airport news (from Twitter)
• Facility to locate and book hotels nearby
• 5 Day local weather forecast
Simply hold the phone at eye level and align the cross hair on the ground at the point you want to measure. The phone will display a continuously updated horizontal distance from the camera to the point under the cross hair.
A one off calibration is required where you need to enter you eye level height i.e. the height from the ground up to your eyes.
The distance is calculated by trigonometry so for accurate measurements you need to always keep the phone at your eye level regardless of the angle of the phone pointing at the ground.
If you always maintain the phone at eye level and hold the phone steady whilst taking a measurement you should be able to get a typical accuracy of about +-3cm at 5m distance.
Now supports imperial measurement feet and inches alongside metric meters and centimeters.
View the magnetic field strength on the green scrolling trace to detect metal objects. The larger the metal object the stronger the magnetic field and the green trace will move lower down the screen. You will also hear a change in pitch sound, the higher the pitch the larger the metal object.
This app uses your phones magnetometer and results may vary between different phone hardware.
Please note: Due to a sound bug in Android 4.3 the sound will not work correctly. Please upgrade your phone to 4.3.1. All other previous Android versions are OK.
Perfect Selfie first uses the front facing camera to allow you to compose your selfie. The front facing camera is usually low resolution and gives low quality photos. So instead Perfect Selfie then gives you voice instructions to turn the camera around until the higher resolution rear camera is aligned the same as the previous forward camera.
Instructions for use:
1. First use the front camera to compose your selfie and tap the screen when ready.
2. Listen to the voice instructions to rotate the phone around until the rear camera is aligned the same as the previous front camera. Try and keep the phone in the same place as you rotate it.
3. Tap the screen when you hear the voice instruction 'ready' to take a photo. Photos are stored in the '/sdcard/perfectselfie' directory.
Perfect Selfie only works on phones with gyroscope and both front and back cameras. Only works in landscape mode.
This game has been made to look and feel like the original puzzles and you actually slide the tiles into place using the touch screen around rather than just tapping the tiles.
You will visit the coral reefs and also the Atlantic Ocean during your adventure of 20 playable levels.
Move your fish by simply tilting the screen in the direction you wish to travel. Keep the screen steady as each level starts to allow the tilt sensors to calibrate.
This Lite version is fully playable for the first 6 levels only. Buy the full version to play the full 20 levels.
The aim of the game is to get the golden wrapped present into Santa's sleigh to complete the level. To do this, throw the wrapped present with blue ribbons, near the workshop, into the air so it collides with, pushes, nudges etc the other objects.
Throw the present by touching it and sliding your finger in the direction you want to throw it. The faster you move your finger the harder the throw. Pinch zoom is also supported.
The first 10 levels are available to be unlocked one at a time as you complete each level. Keep checking for updates for more levels in the near future.
You will visit the coral reefs and also the Atlantic Ocean during your adventure of 20 playable levels.
Move your fish by simply tilting the screen in the direction you wish to travel. Keep the screen steady as each level starts to allow the tilt sensors to calibrate.
There is a Lite version also available which is fully playable for the first 6 levels only. Buy this full version to play the full 20 levels.
The simulator is intended for training purposes only and must not be used for actual aircraft navigation. It is ideal for learning how the VOR and HSI work in convenient location other than an aircraft cockpit.
For evaluation a trial version of this app is available for download which is limited to displaying the simulated radio navigation aid instrument for 45 seconds only before returning to the main selection screen. Ads are also shown on the selection screen. The full version does not have ads or the timeout.
The trial version is available here: