Hotel Princess Lanassa, is located in the village of Kostitsi, Ioannina, North Tzoumerka – Greece.
"here, experiences inspire friendship"
We value the rapid expansion of the sharing economy and hence, have designed our hotel in a way to include common spaces for people to gather, which encourage the trend of co-existing and co-living.
Hotel’s Heritage - A place of history dating back to 1730!
The initial stone house was built in the 18th century (1730) and belonged to the Noutsos Family. During this time it was used as a permanent residence. What is now the restaurant housed the kitchen and sheltered the family’s livestock. The reception area housed the living room and the bedrooms. The cellar which can be seen through the glass floor in the reception area was used for storing and maturing the family’s cheese, which was made from the village’s milk as well as their own wine. In difficult times, during Foreign Occupations by the Ottomans, Italians and Germans and during the Greek Civil War the cellar protected the family from invaders and thieves.
Many of the articles decorating Hotel Princess Lanassa date back to that period of time. The house was handled down from generation to generation. During the Second World War it became the permanent residence of Anna and Dimitrios whose main residence, in the city of Ioannina, had been requisitioned by the Italian invading Forces. It became their sanctuary away from the bombings and the Italian and subsequent German occupation. Aristotelis, the son of Dimitrios donated the house in 1960 to the community.
At that time, the village was almost uninhabited with only the old remaining. The young had all left to find work in the cities. He subsequently rescinded the donation in 1976, due to the general poverty of the area, the community’s lack of funds and its inability to make the necessary repairs to upkeep the building. He therefore, made the necessary repairs himself and kept the house in the family.