This cool FREE app gives you tons of cool British slang words & phrases.
British slang is English language slang used in Great Britain. While some slang words are used throughout all of Britain, others are restricted to smaller regions.
All languages have slang words and urban expressions and meaning. Some slangs are also found in a local urban dictionary.
Some slang words such as in Old English, French, German, Irish, Aussie, and Spanish, you will need a translator to translate the spoken jargons into meanings for your visiting friends.
At first, this app will seem like a funny foreign open museum of voice language, but through learning by hearing, the translation or translations will be natural like heard on the radio sayings.
So be prepared to open the airways of knowledge and let the translating of British slang begin, like gas to golf, or quran to quorum, font to fontanelle!
Save your favorite British Slang easily and quickly.
Share your favorite British Slang via Email!
SMS your favorite British Slang!
Paste your favorite British Slang into Facebook or Twitter!
********** Trial Edition With Limited Functionality & Monarchs **********
This app is an orientation reference for those of us who struggle around the landmarks of British History & Monarchy.
It contains a year-by-year database of significant dates in history from the Roman Conquest in AD43 to the present day. The database can be searched for a given year and the events of that year (+/- a few years) are displayed. Alternatively a word (or part word) search will display all years where that clue is found. The App also has a graphical portrait database of British Monarchs from Alfred The Great to Elizabeth II who may be browsed by date or longevity of their reign. The graphics are optimised for full-size tablets but scale equally well to smaller screens.
After installation no internet connection is required. An Android device with a 1.3Gz processor or faster is
recommended. Most devices less than a couple of years old will be just fine.
A few of the items included are:
Peoples of Ancient Britain
Magna Carta - The Turning Point
The Beatles and Royalty
The Victims of Jack the Ripper
Scandals That Rocked the 19th Century
Richard the Lionheart
William and Kate Timeline
Abolition of the British Slave Trade
Top Political Scandals
British Auto Industry History
The Death of the UK Coal Industry
Best British Films of All – Time
Top 10 British Generals
Worst British Disasters
Best British Musical Artists
Battles of World War II
Old English Money
The British are Coming!
Timeline of Tallest Buildings
British India and the Great Rebellion
U.K.'s Second City?
Highest Grossing Films
Stealing The Crown Jewels
Crimes that Shook Britain
The Magna Carta
Famous Scottish Castles
More items added regularly. All information is stored on your device and DOES NOT require an internet connection.
It's a Boy !!
William and Kate Present their new Prince!!
Was King Arthur Real?
Richard the Lionheart
King George III and the Americans
Kate Middleton Biography
William the Conqueror
British Colonies In Europe
Queen Victoria Facts
Biography of Charles II
Ancient and Tribal Kings
Blood Mary Timeline
The Nine Day Queen
List of Royal Consorts
List of English Speaking Countries
Charles II and the Great London Fire
Wreck of the White Ship
The Archbishop of Canterbury
Alfred the Great
Best Castles to Visit
Death of Queen Victorias Great - Grandson
The Tudor Rose
Longest Reigning Monarchs
......and much much more
Updates added frequently... more lists and articles added regularly...
All lists and articles are stored on your device and will work with or without Wifi.
Related Terms: Prince Harry, Queen Elizabeth, Prince William, English History, United Kingdom, Northern Ireland,
“This careful summary of English History is intended for pupils in the middle forms of public and private schools; it is well adapted for this purpose.”—Educational Times.
The list can be viewed either by year, or by royal household. Each monarch is presented as a fact-file, a picture and a biography.
Info from Wikipedia.
Ad support. To get rid of the ads, purchase the premium version.
All native and naturalised trees of the British Isles are covered.
Great fun to use, tree identification can be enjoyed by the whole family.
Tree Id does not need an internet connection, all the information for trees is downloaded when the app is purchased.
The original and the best tree identifier app. Tree Id is an easy to use but comprehensive field guide to trees found growing in open countryside and natural woodland of the British Isles. The guide has been created by professional published ecologists, accept no cheap imitations!
Tree Id is one of BBC Countryfile's top 10 apps, and one of the World Wildlife Fund's top 10 apps. Described as "incredibly useful" by ITV's Seth Conway and "a lovely app" by Adam Vaughan of the Guardian. It was voted No. 5 in the Guardian Green Living top 10 apps and was given the "Best" award by Apps Plus. Our tree identifier is the only tree identification app in the Woodland Trust top apps list.
Have you ever been on a walk in the countryside and wondered "What tree is that?". Tree Id is a great tree identification tool to help you quickly and easily identify trees you find in the British countryside. It is a tree identifier that is great fun to use too! With Tree Id, identification can be enjoyed by the whole family. For the tree enthusiast, there is comprehensive anatomical and ecological information, with high quality images of the leaf, flower, fruit etc of all trees included. The permissions needed to install the app are only used for the Google Map component and to check the licence on the Google Play store. The internet will only be used if you use the sightings map in the app.
When you have found a tree with our tree identifier, why not record your sighting on our map. See how many trees you can identify this year!
Isoperla field guides are the only products on the market that use the KUSAM tree identification methodology. This state of the art method is a modern taxonomic keying system designed specifically for use on mobile devices. It is the ideal method for identifying trees.
Tree Identification is quick and easy with Tree Id. If you are looking for a tree identifier for the British Isles then this is the app for you.
Intended for everyone interested in History of England.
Search for words or phrases
Navigate from Table of Contents or read page by page
Text annotation and mark-up
Always have the guide available for a quick reference.
Table of Contents
The Anglo-Saxons (871-1016): Alfred the Great (871-899) | Edward the Elder (899-924) | Ethelweard (924) | Athelstan (924-939) | Edmund the Magnificent (939-946) | Edred (946-955) | Edwy the Fair (955-959) | Edgar the Peaceable (959-975) | Edward the Martyr (975-978) | Ethrelred the Unready (978-1013, 1014-1016) | Edmund Ironside (1016)
The Danes (1016-1042): Sweyn Haraldssen (1013-1014) | Canute the Great (1014, 1016-1035) | Harold Harefoot (1035-1040) | Harthacanute (1035-1037, 1040-1042)
The Anglo-Saxons, again (1042-1066): Edward the Confessor (1042-1066) | Harold Godwinson (1066) | Edgar Atheling (1066)
The Normans (1066-1154): William I (1066-1087) | William II (1087-1100) | Henry I (1100-1135) | Stephen (1135-1141, 1141-1154) | Matilda (or Maud) (1141)
The Plantagenets (1154-1399): Henry II (1154-1189) | Richard I (1189-1199) | John (1199-1216) | Henry III (1216-1272) | Edward I (1272-1307) | Edward II (1307-1327) | Edward III (1327-1377) | Richard II (1377-1399)
The House of Lancaster (1399-1461, 1470-1471): Henry IV (1399-1413) | Henry V (1413-1422) | Henry VI (1422-1461, 1470-1471)
The House of York (1461-1470, 1471-1485): Edward IV (1461-1470, 1471-1483) | Edward V (1483) | Richard III (1483-1485)
The Tudors (1485-1603): Henry VII (1485-1509) | Henry VIII (1509-1547) | Edward VI (1547-1553) | Mary I (1553-1558) | Elizabeth I (1558-1603)
The Stuarts (1603-1649, 1660-1714): James I (1603-1625) | Charles I (1625-1649) | Interregnum (1649-1660) | Charles II (1660-1685) | James II (1685-1688) | William III (1689-1702) and Mary II (1689-1694) | Anne (1702-1714)
The Hanoverians (1714-1901): George I (1714-1727) | George II (1727-1760) | George III (1760-1820) | George IV (1820-1830) | William IV (1830-1837) | Victoria (1837-1901)
The House of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha (1901-1917): Edward VII (1901-1910) | George V (1910-1936)
The House of Windsor (1917 onwards): George V (1910-1936) | Edward VIII (1936) | George VI (1936-1952) | Elizabeth II (1952 onwards)
Future kings: Charles, Prince of Wales | Prince William of Wales
A simple British Sign Language (BSL) application.
The aim is to teach the very basics of BSL via an easy to use, and easy to understand application.
If you have computer graphical skills and would like to get involved with the development of this application please contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org
Quiz feature coming soon.
Numbers coming soon.
EGW Writings for Android enables you to download The Complete Published Writings of Ellen G. White. This free app is available for Android v.2.2 through v.4.4. The EGW Writings app allows users to download the books individually or as a collection. It is available in 9 languages: Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, and Spanish. The App is great for reading EGW Writings or for word and phrase searches within an individual book or your entire library. The Study Center allows you to create topical folders for bookmarks, highlights, and for creating your own notes. The app also includes 7 Bible versions in English for direct linking to Bible references within Ellen White's writings. The app includes a contemporary dictionary of Ellen White: Noah Webster’s 1828 American Dictionary. A special feature of this app is live streaming of available MP3 audio books in all languages via www.egwwritings.org website. It also has Text-To-Speech (TTS) audio player for listening to audiobooks of any content in the EGW Writings app.
Серия: Рыцарский роман
Предысторию этого романа, Сэр Найджел, ищите по ссылке https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.webvo.book.AOTSCCXUAKODBSNQ
Рекомендуем уникальное приложение нашего партнера под названием "Просто баннер"
Пишите текст большими буквами на экране и показывайте там, где неуместно говорить или кричать (в классе, в школе, в баре, на вечеринке, в метро). Используйте как плакат на концертах или соревнованиях. Использование приложения ограничено только вашим воображением!
Если Вам понравилась книга, не сочтите за труд - добавьте звезд в отзывы о ней.
Ищите другие наши издания на Маркете! Выпущено уже более 180 книг! Каталог всех книг смотрите на сайте издательства http://lib.webvo.ru
Наш канал на YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/PublishDigitalBooks
О наших новинках удобно узнавать через Twitter (https://twitter.com/#!/P_DigitalBooks), на страничке ВКонтакте (http://vk.com/publish_digital_books)
и на Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/%D0%98%D0%B7%D0%B4%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%B5%D0%BB%D1%8C%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B2%D0%BE-Digital-Books/579960405350579)
Издательство Digital Books занимается популяризацией произведений классической литературы и поддержкой начинающих авторов. Мы выпускаем книги в виде приложений для мобильный устройств на базе операционной системы Android. Для удобства чтения в книгах реализовано листание страниц как в бумажных изданиях. С помощью простого меню каждый читатель может настроить отображение книги под характеристики своего устройства.
Книги Издательства Digital Books обладают небольшими размерами и не требовательны к ресурсам смартфонов и планшетов. Наши приложения не посылают SMS с Ваших телефонов на платные номера и не интересуются Вашей личной информацией.
Если Вы начинающий автор и хотите увидеть свое произведение в виде приложения для мобильных устройств на базе операционной системы Android, то обращайтесь в издательство Digital Books (email@example.com или firstname.lastname@example.org)
Now you do not have to search a book through many databases on the web – just download our app and you will always have a massive e-book collection of the best English-language writers within reach! In the list of 370 authors you will be agreeably surprised to find not only the famous names like Charles Dickens, Arthur Conan Doyle, O. Henry, Jack London, Edgar Allan Poe, Robert Louis Stevenson, Mark Twain, but many, many others.
The program has a simple interface with user-friendly features and options to make your reading comfortable and pleasurable.
• Over 2,400 classic works of English literature
• Flexible text display (choose fonts, ‘paper’ background color and texture yourself!)
• Book search by title and author’s name
• Passage search in text
• Adding any number of bookmarks
• Support of portrait and landscape reading modes
• Contents directory for multi-page books
• Auto-reopening of the last closed book
• Night/Day Mode
• Portraits of writers with links to biographical materials on Wikipedia
• Year of established
• Fleece Weight
• Staple Length
• Micron Range
The app also features picture of all the sheep to aid accurate identification with the ability to search for a sheep by A to Z or Category.
The app is free, and supported by ads.
No internet connection is required to view the definitions or thesaurus (although you do need a connection to view illustrations, hear audio pronunciations, and use voice search).
* Synonyms & Antonyms
* Voice Search
* Example Sentences
* Audio Pronunciations
* Word of the Day
* Favorites - lets you keep a list of words that are particularly interesting to you
* For Tablets: Scrolling Index - lets you browse the entire dictionary
* Recent History - lets you keep track of the words you've looked up
- Monitor data traffic bytes.
- XY Chart of RF and WiFi signal strength over time.
- Voice notification of signal strength & technology changes, handovers, open hotspots, and more!
- Notes! Insert notes into the RF data collected. Notes can be viewed & edited in Big Picture
- 'Drive Mode' screen showing just RSSI, Cell ID, and technology to view while driving
- Localized for French, Spanish (thank you Augusto!), Portuguese, and German (thank you Lutz!).
- Map and record your color coded RF signal strength as you travel.
- War driving. Collect WiFi access points and list mobile location at the strongest signal.
- Users can redefine site locations on the map.
- Play back, pause, jump to any part of recorded data.
- Share collected data and Maps with Twitter, Facebook, whatever you can share with.
- Sector coverage zones describing sector orientation and beamwidth.
- One Cell Tracking to examine coverage of a single cell site.
- Sound and Vibration notification on handover.
- Possible handoff neighbors (2G).
- User defined sites can be exported or imported for later use.
- Serving cell can be located through Google, OpenCellID.
- All sites located through Google or OpenCellID saved to local database.
- Export recorded data to XML, KML (Google Earth), or CSV files.
- Import older recorded data for playback.
- Roaming and data states, data activity, CGI.
- WiFi MAC address, BSSID, supplicant state.
- WiFi network access points identified.
- EIRP/ERP and Free Space Loss calculators
- Big picture of entire drive test or site survey
- Auto-shutoff at minimum battery level set by user
- Adjust GPS power settings
- App to SD card
*** Please keep those bug reports coming! If you crash and are given the option, please send in the report. I read them all. Or you can email directly at: Type1apps@gmail.com
- If a site appears off the coast of Africa it means that you are using Google's location service or OpenCellID and they cannot determine that cell's location (so it returns the location 0 deg Lat, 0 deg Lon). A new feature for version 2.2.9 is the ability to define your own site locations (add, move or remove) by pressing a spot on the map or a site icon. Users can do their own site surveys as they travel. This is a workaround for those who do not have access to site location data -- unless you are an engineer for a carrier, you won't have access to this data since site locations are generally considered proprietary.
- Background recording, where you exit the app after you start recording, will not register signal strength changes if the phone is in sleep mode (screen is blank). This is a "bug" in Android not the app. If the phone is not allowed to sleep, background recording is possible.
- BER, EVDO, SNR & Ec/Io may display -1. This is the number the Android OS is sending, sorry.
- The app is optimized for GSM service. CDMA devices are not completely supported. This is due to the lack of a CDMA phone (and contract) on my part, not anything specific to the technology. So if you have a CDMA phone be aware it has not been tested by me.
- Please remember you are using a phone, not a laptop. If you try to record hours worth of data, and/or play it back, unexpected things may happen.
Please note that I did not write this, but gathered the text, notes, and annotations from a variety of sources, but mostly www.usconstitution.net
(see below). I wanted a handy, self-contained reference to the Constitution.
Navigation thru sections of the constitution or articles of confederation is done using the D-pad or track ball of your device if equipped, or by swiping your finger left or right across the screen.
Pressing the select text menu will temporarily disable gestures (finger swipes). The text selection process is is built into Android -- learn it and you have learned how to use it in this app. Once text is copied onto the clipboard, gestures will not be restored until you share the clipboard contents to email, or Twitter, whatever. Gestures are also restored by returning to the top level menu.
- Searchable US Constitution and Articles of Confederation
- Resizable text
- Ratification Dates of Amendments
- Bios of the signers
- Constitution timeline
- Declaration of Independence
- Articles of Confederation
- Gettysburg address
- Mayflower Compact
- Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen
- Star-Spangled Banner
- Emancipation Proclamation
- I Have a Dream
Odds & Ends:
- The U.S. Constitution has not been updated since 1992. Any updates made to the app are to improve the functionality of the app, add features, or to remove bugs.
- The app contains a few hyperlinks to some source or reference material on the web, so it will ask for internet access in the permission when you install.
- If you find a bug (and you want it fixed) email the developer using the link on this page, don't just leave a comment (Android secret: Developers do not read their comments).
** This app is intended for Android v1.6 (Donut) using GSM only. v2.x users need RF Signal Tracker (Eclair).
- Record, save & playback rssi data. See HO stats.
- Vibe & sound on Handoff.
- Show coverage bubbles of serving cells.
- Users can upload their own site locations.
The Federalist Papers are a natural choice for inclusion in the American DNA section of the 'United States Constitution' app found in the Android Market. I did not include it because it would have doubled the size of the that app and I want to maintain a little size discipline, so to speak. So after many request I created 'The Federalist Papers'. It's not annotated like the Constitution, but it does contain a search feature which should make personal analysis a little easier. I'll be making improvements as I go of course, so for now here you go.
- Multiple playlists
- Adjustable play time
- Min battery level shutoff
- Preset music volume
- Add a notification sound
- Sleep timer