Do you have more than one financial account (traditional and digital bank, mobile money etc.)? We created Stax to help manage them all in one place. It is fast, secure, convenient, free and works offline. It takes less than 1 minute to download. Just Stax it! What can you do with Stax?
- Send money
- Buy airtime
- Keep your balances hidden
- Transfer money between your accounts
- Securely transact with all your existing financial accounts.
- Check account balance & transaction history across all your accounts from one place
- Create payment links to request money and send the links via WhatsApp, Social Media, or SMS.
- Do all of these without an internet connection or data
- Automated USSD Banking: Never dial a USSD code again, Stax does it for you
- USSD library: Access our in-app USSD library where you can search, view and dial USSD codes of all banks and mobile money operators in Africa.How does Stax work?
We dial USSD codes in the background for you, so you don't have to. Stax is USSD Redefined.
For all transactions and across every service we cover, we have automated the USSD flow so you can spend and receive money faster, easier and with less stress.Why Stax:
- It's free to download
- It is lightning-fast and secure
- We never charge you any extra fees
- It is a light-weight app (less than 10MB)
- You can transact offline for up to 14 days
- We never store your pin and no signup is required
- Experience a new type of USSD banking
- Stax is built by Hover Developer Services, a U.S. company with team members across four countries on a mission to build an inclusive Internet, starting with mobile payments. We want to build an internet that has you and your convenience in the centre of it all.What do you need to do:
- Download the app
- Give us overlay and accessibility permission to dial USSDs automatically for you
- Connect your Bank or Mobile Money accounts
- Start spending, sending and receiving money.Coverage:
Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Uganda, Zimbabwe, Côte d'Ivoire, Tanzania, Zambia, Congo, Cameroon. Across these countries, we cover multiple services and are adding more each week.
This is an open-source app supported by a community of developers across Africa. Please be informed that we do not provide direct customer support. If you require any assistance, would like to report a bug, or request new features, please visit our GitHub page
. Thank you for your understanding.How Secure is Stax? The short answer is very secure!
- Stax requires a fingerprint or passcode authentication before you open the app. This means that random persons will never be able to gain access to your Stax account.
- Stax lets you hide your account balances when you are in public. So even when the app is already open, people won't immediately see much you have in any of your accounts.
- Stax uses 2-factor authentication by design for every single transaction. Every time you refresh a balance, send money or buy airtime, you need your unique SIM card and your bank or mobile money PIN.
- Stax never stores your PIN. Your PIN never leaves your device. Whenever you are asked for your PIN in the app, we encrypt the PIN on your device with Android Key Store and delete it as soon as you complete your transaction.Why & How Do We Use Accessibility Services
Stax uses Accessibility Services to act as a user assistant for USSD-based services. With Accessibility Services, Stax is able to read and parse information from your USSD sessions and auto-fill responses based on your input. Stax makes USSD-based services accessible to people with motor impairments by eliminating the need to race through time-based sessions and to people with visual impairments by making USSD-based services work with Android's core voice command functionality.