The HPE iLO Mobile application provides access to the remote console of your HPE ProLiant server from your Android device. The mobile app interacts directly with the iLO processor on HPE ProLiant servers, providing total control of the server at all times as long as the server is plugged in. For example, you can access the server when it is in a healthy state, or when it is powered off with a blank hard drive. As an IT administrator, you can troubleshoot problems and perform software deployments from almost anywhere.
The HPE iLO Mobile app allows you to perform the following tasks:
- Operate the server power switch.
- Use the Remote Console to interact with the operating system, including BIOS and ROM configuration changes.
- Mount an ISO CD/DVD image. The disk image is available on the server as a USB CD/DVD drive. You can boot from the disk image and deploy an operating system.
- Launch HPE iLO scripts and monitor their progress.
- Access the HPE iLO web interface.
- Store the list of servers you want to manage.
- HP ProLiant servers with HP iLO 3 or later are supported.
- You must have network access to the iLOs you want to manage.
- You can connect through a firewall using a VPN or you can open/forward the following ports:
HTTP: Port 80
HTTPS: Port 443
Remote Console: Port 17990
- The following features require an HPE iLO Advanced license on the server:
iLO Virtual Media
Remote Console is included on ProLiant Blade servers. A license is required on all other servers.
Scripting is available on all servers, but a license is required for the scripting of certain features such as iLO Virtual Media.
For information about HPE iLO and HPE iLO Advanced, see https://www.hpe.com/info/ilo.
- The HPE iLO Mobile app can consume significant network bandwidth. When using the cellular network, monitor your data use if you do not have an unlimited data plan. Consider using Wi-Fi when possible.
- Does not support third party keyboards.
- Does not support iLO 2 systems.
- When viewing remote console, pinch to zoom, press to click and drag, and long-press for right-click.
- Tap the CD icon to mount/unmount a virtual media URL
- Tap the power icon to power on/off/reset the host server
- Tap the health icon to show the iLO web UI.
Tested with Samsung Galaxy S7, LG Nexus 5X.