Familiarize yourself with the questions proposed in TCF sessions.
These exams have been conceived and validated linguistically and pedagogically, in order to correspond as closely as possible to exams that you are likely to encounter in TCF sessions leading to the award of an official certificate.
How to prepare?
Our application "Preparation for TCF" aims to assess, at a given moment, the candidate's ability to use general French in the field of social life and tourism, work or studies. It does not presuppose specific preparation, any practice of the language preparing a priori for the passing of the test: radio, television, press, conversation ...
1) What is the "TCF for access to French nationality"?
The "TCF for Access to French Nationality" was specifically designed to respond to the new provisions introduced by the French Ministry of the Interior, Overseas Territories, Local Authorities and Immigration regarding the control of knowledge of the French language for applicants for the acquisition of French nationality.
It includes two compulsory tests:
• oral comprehension (30 questions). Duration of this test: 30 minutes. award procedure: collective examination room.
• oral expression (6 questions). Duration of this test: 15 minutes. award procedure: individual interview with an examiner.
Your attestation of the access to the French nationality is valid only for a file of request of acquisition of the French nationality by marriage or by naturalization. You can not use it to integrate, for example, a French university, or to build an immigration file for Quebec.
2) When do I have to register for a session?
The sessions of the "TCF for access to French nationality" are organized throughout the year at IFALPES. See calendar below. Warning! The number of places is limited!!!!
3) What is the level required for applicants for French nationality?
Since 1 January 2012, applicants for nationality will have to prove that they speak B1 "oral" (ie in "listen", "take part in a conversation", "s 'to express orally continuously') defined by the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
This level B1 is achieved when the candidate jointly obtains:
• a minimum score of 300 points for the listening test
• a score of 6/20 minimum for the oral expression test.
4) In case of insufficient results, can I imagine myself another time?
You can come as many times as you like to the TCF. You must, however, wait two months between each transfer of TCF, regardless of the declination concerned.
For example, if you pass the TCF on January 20th, you will not be allowed to pass it again until March 20th of the same year.
5) Can I prepare for the tests of the "TCF for access to French nationality"?
The "TCF for Access to French Nationality" does not require specific preparation.
6) How long will I have my certificate and where should I remove it?
You will obtain your certificate 1 month after the award of your "TCF for access to French nationality". We will send it to you by mail. You must bring a stamped envelope on the day of the test.