*Parents' Choice Silver Award Winner!*
PBS’ first app designed specifically for parents, PBS Parents Play & Learn provides more than a dozen games parents can play with their kids, each themed around a familiar location – including the new “In the Garden” game, plus the grocery store, a restaurant, the kitchen, and many more.
The bilingual (English/Spanish) PBS Parents Play & Learn App makes it easy for parents to seize upon those daily “teachable moments” through theme-based interactive games and simple hands-on activities that connect math and literacy skills to everyday experiences.
The app is designed to build on a child’s natural curiosity about his or her everyday world and to encourage dialogue between kids and parents. Each game comes with a parent note that provides information about the math and literacy skills woven into the game and suggestions for effective ways to interact with a child while playing the game to maximize the learning experience.
- 13 interactive games that automatically adjust to a child’s level
- A variety of proven methods used to build early math and literacy skills
- Completely bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Over 100 stickers in a free-play area
- Parent ‘teachable moments’ tips associated with each game
- Easy hands-on activities and game-related resources updated regularly
- Weekly push notifications with additional ideas for each location
- Social Sharing feature
Please let us know you or your children's favorite animals and we'll do our best to add them to the next release. Thanks and enjoy!