Here you’ll find everything you need for a successful vegetarian diet - loads of quick vegetarian and vegan recipes, easy to use shopping lists and lots of helpful vegetarian information at your fingertips.
The Easy Vegetarian App was created by the people behind hurrythefoodup.com, namely Kat, Dave and Hauke. Over time we’ve built up a great resource of quick and nutritious vegan and vegetarian recipes.
Our goal: making the switch to the vegetarian diet as easy as possible. We think recipes should be enjoyable and not a constant source of worry or second guessing. So, of course, we needed an app with easy vegetarian recipes too!
EASY VEGETARIAN APP FEATURES
- Almost 200 Vegan and Vegetarian Recipes - more added every week
- Many high protein recipes
- Nutrition information with each recipe
- Shopping List – add ingredients from any vegetarian recipe or add ingredients manually
- Smart Ingredient Sorting – your ingredients on the shopping list are divided by recipe.
- Favorites Section - save your fave vegetarian recipes in one handy list
- Read offline - available only for the recipes you visited before
- The Veggie Guide - we answer all important questions around the vegetarian diet
- Many more features on their way
ALMOST 200 VEGAN AND VEGETARIAN RECIPES!
You can choose from 200+ vegan and vegetarian recipes, more added every week. Most of them are done in much less than 30 minutes and are very nutritious.
If you're already a seasoned vegetarian we’re confident that we can surprise you with a couple of creative vegetarian recipes you haven’t come across yet.
We work with a team of professional chefs to develop vegetarian recipes that are exciting, easy and come out great.
This is what our recipes will help you with in a nutshell:
- easily make the transition from meat to meat-free
- get all the nutrients you need (yep, especially protein and other essentials)
- make vegetarian cooking as easy effortless as possible without sacrificing the taste
ABOUT THE VEGETARIAN DIET
The vegetarian diet excludes the consumption of meat (also poultry and fish) as well as any by-products of animal slaughter like rennet and gelatin.
The vegan diet goes one step further and removes all animal products from the menu, meaning meat and also dairy, eggs and honey.
Roughly half of our recipes are vegan, the rest includes dairy and/or eggs.
GOING VEGETARIAN IS COMPLETELY SAFE AND HEALTHY
The American Dietetic Association says an appropriately planned vegetarian diet including vegan diets are healthful, nutritionally adequate, and may provide health benefits in the prevention and treatment of certain diseases. With that opinion, they’re in line with Harvard Medical School as well.
We keep a close eye to their guidelines when developing our vegetarian recipes. That doesn’t mean there are no “naughty recipes” on our app, but our focus is mostly on the healthy side.
THE VEGGIE GUIDE INCLUDES:
- Why Become a Vegetarian?
- What Going Vegetarian Can Do For You
- Fats (Omega 3 vs Omega 6)
- Vitamin B12
- Is a Vegetarian Diet Healthier Than a Diet Including Meat
- How to Make a Gradual Switch to a Vegetarian Diet
- How to Announce Going Vegetarian
- Losing Weight on a Vegetarian Diet
The current version of the EASY VEGETARIAN App is just the beginning and we’re more than happy to receive feature requests. Oh, and if you have any cool easy vegetarian recipe ideas you think we should create, we’re all ears!
For any (recipe) ideas and feedback please send an email to email@example.com - Thank you!
A big thank you to Martin, our talented developer! The Easy Vegetarian App would still be only wishful thinking without your help.
Curious what else we’re up to? Make sure you check us out at hurrythefoodup.com for more delicious vegetarian recipes around the vegetarian diet.