The Hydraulic Heat Calculator is a valuable tool that can help in designing, troubleshooting and correcting heat issues within a system. There are many calculation screens that can be used to determine heat generation from pumps/motors, Tank heat dissipation, Radiator sizing /performance, and others.
Specific Calculations include:
- Enter Oil Volume and Power input to determine rate of temperature change
- Enter system flow, inlet and outlet radiator temperatures to determine radiator performance
- Enter pressure and oil flow to determine temperature increase and heat generated
- Enter motor/pump specs to determine temperature increase and heat generated
- Estimate power required to heat oil tanks in cold environments
- Estimate tank heat dissipation
- Empirical cooling calculation to determine radiator size requirement
All calculations can be done in metric or imperial units.