FBReader is fast, highly customizable. Can use external TrueType/OpenType fonts and custom backgrounds. Screen brightness can be changed during reading (slide finger up/down along the left screen edge). Supports different day/night color schemes.
Includes a browser/downloader for network ebook catalogs/stores. Several popular English, French, Russian, Chinese and Polish libraries are included. Custom OPDS catalogs are supported too.
Alternatively you can download books manually and put them into /sdcard/Books catalog on your device.
FBReader is integrated with external dictionaries. Supports ColorDict, all Slovoed dictionaries (by Paragon Software), Fora Dictionary, FreeDictionary.org, LEO dictionary.
Localized for 29 languages. Includes hyphenation patterns for 24 languages. Open-source (GPL).
Similar applications: Kindle, Google Books, Aldiko, Cool Reader, Moon+ Reader, Alreader
Keywords: ebook, e-book, e-reader, ereader, ebook reader, book reader, ePub, fb2, OPDS
Pages or scroll view. Page flipping animation.
Table of contents, bookmarks, text search.
Bookmarks on text fragments (comments or corrections) - useful for proof reading.
Export of bookmarks to text file.
Built-in file browser, quick recent books access.
Online catalogs (OPDS) support.
LitRes online book store support.
Text to Speech (TTS) support.
Most complete FB2 format support: styles, tables, footnotes.
Additional fonts support (place .ttf to /sdcard/fonts/)
Support for Chinese, Japanese, Korean languages; autodetection of TXT file encoding (GBK, Shift_JIS, BIG5, EUC_KR).
Day and night profiles (two sets of colors, background, backlight levels).
Brightness adjustments by flick on left edge of screen.
Background texture (stretched or tiled) or solid color.
Paperbook-like page turning animation or "sliding page" animation.
Dictionary support (ColorDict, GoldenDict, Fora Dictionary, Aard Dictionary).
Customizable tap zone and key actions.
Autoscroll (automatic page flipping) - start using menu/goto/autoscroll or assign action Autoscroll on key or tap zone; Change speed using volume keys or bottom-right and bottom-left tap zones; stop - tap any other tap zone or key.
Can read books from zip archives.
Automatic reformatting of .txt files (autodetect headings etc.)
Styles can be customised in wide range using external CSS.
Select text using double tap (optional).
Similar to FBReader, Aldiko, AlReader, Nook, Laputa, Moon+ reader.
Place additional textures to /sdcard/.cr3/textures/ -- to be used as tiled page backgrounds.
Place additional textures to /sdcard/.cr3/backgrounds/ -- to be used as stretched page backgrounds.
(/cr3/ directory can also be used instead of /.cr3/, and internal SD or internal storage instead of /sdcard/)
CoolReader requires following permissions:
WAKE_LOCK - to control screen backlight
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - to access SD card
INTERNET - to use online catalogs
CoolReader is free, open source (GPL), multiplatform project.
Project homepage on SourceForge is http://sourceforge.net/projects/crengine/
To donate this project, you can buy Cool Reader Gold ($10), Silver ($3) or Bronze ($1) Donation package from Market
• Read thousands of ebooks for free, supports online ebook libraries
• Read local books with smooth scroll and tons of innovation
☆ Support epub, mobi, chm, cbr, cbz, umd, fb2, txt, html, rar, zip or OPDS, key features:
✔ Full visual options: line space, font scale, bold, italic, shadow, justified alignment, alpha colors, fading edge etc.
✔ 10+ themes embedded, includes Day & Night mode switcher.
✔ Various types of paging: touch screen, volume keys or even camera, search or back keys.
✔ 24 customized operations (screen click, swipe gesture, hardware keys), apply to 15 customized events: search, bookmark, themes, navigation, font size and more.
✔ 5 auto-scroll modes: rolling blind mode; by pixel, by line or by page. Real-time speed control.
✔ Adjust the brightness by sliding your finger along the left edge of the screen, gesture commands supported.
✔ Intelligent paragraph; indent paragraph; trim unwanted blank spaces options.
✔ “Keep your eyes health” options for long-time reading.
✔ Real page turning effect with customized speed/color/transparent; 5 page flip animations;
✔ My Bookshelf design: Favorites, Downloads, Authors, Tags; self bookcover, search, import supported.
✔ Justified text alignment, hyphenation mode supported.
✔ Dual page mode for landscape screen.
✔ Support all four screen orientations.
✔ EPUB3 multimedia content support (video and audio)
✔ Backup/Restore options to cloud via DropBox, sync reading positions between phones and tablets.
✔ Highlight, Annotation, Dictionary (Offline or Online, support ColorDict, GoldenDict, Fora, ABBYY Lingvo, etc.), Translation, Share functions all in this ebook reader.
-Localized in 40 languages: English, አማርኛ, العربية, հայերեն, Български, català, český, dansk, Nederlands, eesti, suomi, français, galego, საქართველოს, Deutsch, ελληνικά, עברית, magyar, Indonesia, italiano, 日本語, 한국어, македонски, persan, polski, português, português brasil, român, русский, српски, 简体中文, slovenských, slovenskega, español, Svenskt, 繁體中文, ภาษาไทย, Türk, yкраїнський, Việt
-Tags: book reader, ebook reader, moon reader, ebook, HD, kindle, kobo, nook, comics, comic reader, cbz reader
-Additional benefits in pro version:
#Shake the phone to speak (Text-to-speech, TTS engine support)
#More beautiful themes, background images and fonts
#Reading statistics function
#PDF support, fast & speech compatible
#Customize reader bar function
#Headset & Bluetooth keys control
#Multi-point touch support
#Option for password protection at startup
#Book to home screen shortcut
#Annotations, highlights & bookmarks share support
#Customer email support
#Open/Backup/Sync/Download/Upload book files via Dropbox
-PDF features in Pro version:
#Fill out PDF Form
#Highlight, annotation, handwriting
#Smart scroll lock, smooth reading experience
#Night mode support, 6 additional pdf themes available
#Dual-page mode for landscape screen
#Speech, auto-scroll compatible
#Read statistics, sync, flip animation available
-About GET_ACCOUNTS permission: used for Google Drive function only
- Book reader compatible with Android 1.6+
- read formats: fb2, fbz, txt, epub, html, doc, docx, odt, rtf, mobi, prc (PalmDoc), tcr. Supported ZIP and GZ archives.
- It is possible to specify an encoding of reading file (include 932, 936, 949, 950 code page).
- Local library. The selection of authors, series, title, publication year, genre.
- Supported interface languages: russian, english, german, greek, ukrainian, belarusian, polish, chineze, bulgarian, turkish.
- Supported dictionaries: ColorDict3, GoldenDict, Fora Dictionary, Dictan, Lingvo, FreeDictionary, HedgeDict, AardDictionary, QuickDict, Slovoed.
- Fb2 and TXT file editing. If a file is in an archive, edited file is unpacked to the same directory as the original one.
- It is possible to select code page for file names in zip.
- Correct hyphenation for 20 languages.
- Four profiles with independent font, color, brightness, gamma correction and indent of text.
- One- and two-page mode with automatic switch to the two-page mode in landscape.
- Configuring of display styles (headings, citations, abstracts, etc.). Each style includes font, color, text style, text size, shadow, indent, spacing and so on.
- Autoscroll "wave" and "slide".
- 3D paging animation.
- Initial letter to one or two lines of text at the beginning of each chapter or paragraph.
- Independent setting of all items in the status bar and footer for windowed and full-screen mode.
- Support for display of footnotes on the page for fb2- and (most) epub-files.
- The horizontal and vertical alignment of text on the screen.
- Hanging punctuation.
- "Sections from a new page" option.
- Navigation in the text: by percents, by pages, to the beginning/end of the text, 10 pages forward/backward, to the next/previous chapter.
- Table of contents in fb2-, doc- and epub-files.
- 9 tap-zones for short and long taps, gestures, gestures with two fingers, resize text by "pinch", to assign the actions for buttons.
- Support E-Ink screens. Adaptation of appearance for the E-Ink screens, support of "fast" refresh for Sony T1/T2, Nook ST/NSTwGL/GL, Onyx Maxwel/Kopernik/Kepler/Magellan/Marco Polo, Texet 138.
- Fixation of screen rotation.
- Support 9.png skins with automatic selection of one- or two-page mode.
- Upon selection of embedded texture, background color is taken into account, i.e. mix of textures and colors.
- Clock behind the text.
- Quotes, bookmarks, text labeling, sending the selected text to third-party programs.
- Creating shortcuts for books on the home screen.
- Save / restore program settings / styles / current profile (+fonts, +skins) / text styles.
- Ability to hold screen backlight (up to 20 minutes of inactivity).
- Fine-tuning of various indentations, adjusting software shading of the screen (if minimal hardware brightness level is too high for comfortable use).
- The program collects anonymous statistics of open books for creating the top -100 authors and books. This top -100 is available in program.
- Synchronize reading position via network or file system.
Similar applications: AlReader2, FBReader, Cool Reader, Moon+ Reader and other Books Reader
epub, rtf, fb2(.zip), mobi, and plain text file.
- Includes a browser/downloader for network e-book catalogs/stores.
- Several popular English, French, Russian, Chinese and Polish libraries are included.
- Custom OPDS catalogs are supported.
- Alternatively you can download books manually and put them into /sdcard/Books catalog on your device.
- Can use external TrueType/OpenType fonts.
- Text highlighting
- Book marks
- Day/Night read mode
- Search text
- Screen orientation control
- Zoom in and Zoom out
- Reading page Navigate
- Text settings
- Colors and wallpapers settings
- Dictionary settings
- eBooks search
Includes hyphenation patterns for 16 languages.
This app is base on FBReader code, and licensed under the GNU General Public License.
FBReader code: http://www.fbreader.org/FBReaderJ
GNU General Public License: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/
★The leading eBook application for the Android platform
★19+ million users from over 200 countries
Differences between the Aldiko Book Reader Premium and the Aldiko Book Reader Free are: the Aldiko Book Reader Premium has highlights (for EPUB files), notes (for EPUB files) and home widget features, gets faster update and does not contain advertisements.
Features of the Aldiko Book Reader Free:
✔ Support EPUB, PDF formats as well as Adobe DRM encrypted eBooks.
✔ Support eBooks from public libraries.
✔ Fully-customizable reading experience: adjust font size, font type, font and background colors, margin, alignment, line spacing as well as brightness to best suit your preference. The Aldiko Book Reader also supports night-time reading.
✔ User-friendly interface: the Aldiko Book Reader supports both Android phones and tablets. You can create your own bookmarks anywhere in the book, rapidly jump to a different section of the book through the table of content.
✔ Advanced library management system: import your own EPUB and PDF files into the app to read them on the go; organize your eBooks by tags and collections. Aldiko will also remember your reading position automatically, bring you back to where you left off.
✔ In-app shopping experience: browse huge catalogs of eBooks, including best-sellers, new releases and classics (lots of them are FREE)
✔ Other cool features not to miss: global-text search in a book, dictionary, add your own favorite catalogs and many more
Aldiko Book Reader works on Android phones and tablets with Android version 2.3 or above.
Designed to work with the android e-book reader, FBReader, this app will sync your position (by paragraph and word) in every e-book you've opened with FBReader to the web. Ideal if you have multiple Android devices that you use with FBReader to read e-books on, or to back up/restore your positions before wiping your device.
Once installed, all you have to do is specify a unique username and PIN # to identify you in the preferences, then click the orange icon to sync your positions. Use the same username/pin combination on multiple devices to sync the book positions from one device to another.
When syncing, only positions that are farther along than your old synced position is saved, so if you read a book from the beginning to end (like the typical human) you should be good to go.
With v1.0.14, added a Dropbox interface that will allow you to sync your actual book files from one devices to another (Or just back them up) using your very own Dropbox account!
I am not affiliated in any way with the creators of FBReader, I'm just an avid fan of the application who saw a need, and decided to fill it.
PLEASE use the email link below to notify me of any bugs, comments, or suggestions for improvements!
This program for reading ebooks supports the following text formats: HTML, EPUB, FB2, RTF, TXT, PDF & EPUB (protected Adobe DRM), as well as a streamlined user interface in 24 languages.
Prestigio eReader provides a user with direct access to 760,000 ebooks in 24 languages, with more than 30,000 free books. Choose a book on "your shelf" and get on with your incredible reading adventure. This program for reading electronic books is one of the hottest applications on Google Play as it supports a lot of text formats and a huge base of free and paid ebooks. Now you can get a lot of books for free download.
Note: Download a complete guide with the functions and features describing the Prestigio eReader app to read – please follow the link http://www.prestigio.com/ereader_prestigio.
Advantages of the Prestigio eReader
• Intuitive Navigation
Reading ebooks has never been easier. Turning a page can be done with either a swipe or a tap.
Need to access a specific page or text quickly? With its fast navigation you can swiftly move around using a slider, by bookmark, by chapter or via a search tool.
Zoom in/out of text and change the brightness of the screen with a single swipe.
• Grid/List view
My Shelf view arranges the books on a bookshelf by their covers while My Library provides navigation through the books in a vertical list-like manner.
Want to arrange your books in separate folders? The new Collections lets you create/rename/delete new folders and transfer books between them.
• Multiple Book Formats Support
Prestigio eReader allows you to read books in various different formats:
HTML, FB2, EPUB, RTF, TXT, PDF& EPUB (protected Adobe DRM)
Try the most popular pdf reader for Android free – the choice is all yours!
• Multilingual Support
A variety of choice is available with the Prestigio E Reader – choose out of 24 languages: English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Greek, Finnish, Czech, Polish, Croatian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Hungarian, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Bulgarian, Belorussian, Russian, Serbian, Ukrainian and Kazakh.
• Text Selection
Select a favourite passage of yours while reading and send it to a friend using sms, e-mail, Facebook, etc. Translate via the built-in dictionary, bookmark it or simply copy to your clipboard – do whatever you want
• Adjusting Text
Optimise the text’s font, style, size, change text & background colour, night/day mode.
• Online Bookstore
With the Prestigio eReader you have direct access to 760,000 eBooks in 24 languages on the PrestigioPlaza.com eBook store – it has more books than you could ever read in a lifetime!
Get a dream reader of books for free and read with pleasure!
Keywords: read books for free, read book free, read books online free, read epub, read epub books, read pdf files free, read free books app, read free books, book reader, book reader for pdf, book reader for android, ebook reader epub, ereader, pdf file reader, pdf reader for android free, pdf reader free app, pdf reader free download, pdf reader android, txt readers, epub reader for android, epub reader, epub reader app, html reader, html reader free, html reader search, html file reader, rtf reader, rtf file reader, rtf file app, rtf reader for android, fb2 russian reader, fb2reader, ebook reader for android free, ebookdroid, ebook downloader and reader, ebooks free apps, ebook reader all formats,ebook app, ebook library, book reader fb2, reader for epub.
Similar applications: FBReader, Kindle, Google Books, Aldiko, Cool Reader, Moon+ Reader, Alreader.
FOR ADS-FREE FULL VERSION, PLEASE DONATE ONLY $3 VIA PAYPAL OR CREDIT-CARD AND REQUEST LICENSE CODE WITHIN THE PROGRAM. AFTER ENTERING THE LICENCE CODE, YOU WON'T GET ANY ADVERTISEMENTS ANYMORE.
This program requires active internet connection.
English, French, Spanish, Italian, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Danish, Greek, Estonian, Persian chandani, Finnish, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Japanese, Haitian, Korean, Lithuanian, Latvian, malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Danish, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Chinese
Speech to text, translation, voice recognition, recognize, recognise, recognizer, recognition, all languages, software, program, application, Google Translate, Bing Translate, translate, pronounciate, pronounciation, live translation, foreign language, speak, TTS, Text to Speech, speak, language, foreign, talk, listen, send, sms, sound, music, voice, line, blackberry messenger, samsung, htc, messenger, e-mail, email, language, dictionary, English, French, Arabic, Turkish, Spanish, Italian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Danish, Greek, Estonian, Persian chandani, Finnish, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Japanese, Haitian, Korean, Lithuanian, Latvian, malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Danish, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Thai, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Chinese
We've worked hard to make sure this application is 100% free for you to enjoy. We've partnered with StartApp to offer you access to their search services and to monetize our app. You will receive the following:
- In-app search widget
- Browser homepage
- Banner Ad and Exit ad.
You can use the ad-free version by donating only $3.
iOS (iPhone/iPad) version also available on the AppStore!
* 64 language pairs for Online Translate and 43 language pairs for Online Dictionary, such as Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese-S, Chinese-T, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Maltese, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yiddish.
* 20 additional languages from Wiktionary
* 51 Offline Dictionaries (MLD Pro)
* 39 languages Online and 6 languages Offline Text To Speech (TTS)
* All in one translator and dictionary
* State of the art interface
* History with remove
* Language Swap
* Select Text
* Full Screen Mode
* apps2sd (Froyo 2.2+)
* Word of the Day from Wiktionary
* Fuzzy Search
PRO Key to unlock more features.
Follow us on Twitter! @dynotes
Must have application for read publications.
It's in beta stage, please don't set low rating.
If you like idea please write feedback.
Sorry for advertising, but it is necessary for the development of the application.
Important: Search works through Issuu.com, some magazines are difficult or impossible to find.
Sometimes for better search helps to add country or year after journal title.
For example: "MAXIM 2014" or "MAXIM Russia 2014" or "MAXIM USA 2014"
Magazines Reader integrated with ISSUU
Issuu is the world's fastest growing digital publishing platform.
Millions of avid readers come to Issuu every day to read free publications, free magazines, free journals, created by enthusiastic publishers from all over the globe. Issuu’s publishers include the biggest names in fashion, lifestyle, art, sports and global affairs. We're also host to a prominent range of independent publishers utilizing the vast Issuu network to reach new fans every day.
Created by a bunch of geeks with a mad love for the publishing industry, Issuu has grown to become one of the biggest publishing networks on the planet.
You can try find magazines, journals:
BBC Top Gear Magazine
BBC Good Food Magazine
Nuts for iPad, Android & Windows 8
Motor Boats Monthly
Lonely Planet Traveller
Gardens Illustrated Magazine
iPad & iPhone User
BBC Wildlife Magazine
You and Your Wedding
Who Do You Think You Are?
BBC History Magazine
Homes & Antiques
Sky at Night
What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision
N-Photo: the Nikon magazine
National Geographic Interactive
DETAIL English edition
Men’s Health Deutschland
Harvard Business Review
N-Photo: the Nikon magazine
The Hockey News
New Scientist International Edition
Connect Erstausgabe 1/1993
auto motor und sport
Servus in Stadt & Land - Bayern
National Geographic Interactive
Kiplinger's Personal Finance
Harvard Business Review
You South Africa
The Hollywood Reporter
Heat South Africa
Also pay attention to:
Google Play Magazines
More from developer
IMPORTANT: You need Text-To-Speech engine and voices installed on your device to use this app. If you don't have it yet, pickup from Play Store Acapela, Ivona or SVOX TTS package. You may use more than one if you want.
* Click "Share" or "Send by Email" button/menu item in any app to send text to @Voice Aloud Reader for aloud reading over speakers or a headset.
* If "Share" is not available, copy text in another app and paste it into @Voice for aloud reading.
* Option to instantly read aloud text copied to clipboard.
* Open text, PDF or HTML files from Android file system for reading aloud.
* Save articles opened in @Voice to files for later listening. Construct listening lists of many articles for uninterrupted listening one after the other. Order the list as needed, e.g. more important articles first.
* Dropbox sync! Enable, then build your list on one device, e.g. a tablet, then listen on your phone. Or from your computer, use File/Save As - "HTML only" function in the browser, save to @Voice Dropbox folder, then listen on your phone.
* Easily control speech generator volume, pitch and rate of speech.
* Pause/resume speech as needed with wired or Bluetooth headset buttons, plus click Next/Previous buttons to jump by sentence, long-click the same buttons to switch to the next/previous article on a list.
* Can automatically recognize the language of an article and use appropriate TTS voice, if available, or set your preferred voices manually with "Select language" menu item.
* Options for additional pause between paragraph, start talking as soon as a new article is loaded or wait for a button press, start/stop talking when wired headset plug is inserted/removed.
* Optional sleep timer to stop speech after a given timeout.
The full Internet access is needed because the “Share” function from web browsers and any news reading apps I tried, sends us only the URL address (http://something...). They do not send the full text of articles, so @Voice has to download the article from the Internet to be able to read it aloud or save for later reading. Only by using Copy text function in one app, and pasting it in @Voice, or by saving the full text in one app to storage and opening a file in @Voice, you could avoid Internet connection, but this is not very convenient. Also - the new Dropbox sync function needs Internet access, of course. There is no way to avoid it.
Tags: TTS, Text to Speech, read aloud, speak aloud, PDF, PDF read aloud, Talking, Type to Speak, Type and Say, Document Reader, Webpage Reader, reader, Type to Talk, speach, txt, "Text to Speech", voice, reading, text to voice, read to me
Please make sure that you have the original @Voice Aloud Reader installed on your device before downloading/buying this app.
After installing this @Voice No Ads Upgrade, please exit and restart the main @Voice Aloud Reader program (e.g. by pressing the STOP button in @Voice) to get rid of the ads.