Let's face it, when it comes to Android, whether you like the official Facebook application or not it has one major flaw: no notifications! And this is even more true when you don't use any app for Facebook at all but just the browser, and yet want to keep updated. I frankly hate this: why would you have to check for updates yourself when you could get automatically notified whenever a notification from your Facebook account arrives, just as iPhone users do?
I decided to solve this issue for my own convenience, and so this is where this app chimes in: a lightweight and fast application to get notifications from Facebook, what you decide, at the interval you decide and reported as you decide. Nothing else, just as plain and simple as effective! Choose between general notifications, private messages, friend requests, events, birthdays, pokes, online friends and lost friendships and decide how to view the notifications:
* directly in the app, with the ability to like/comment/share/reshare/RSVP;
* open it in the official Facebook app;
* open it in FriendCaster (Free or Pro) if installed;
* open it in Seesmic, if installed;
* open it in Facebook Stream for Android, if installed;
* open it in the browser (full view, Touch or WAP version);
* or just open any other app you have installed (just opening the main activity of app, no custom behaviour)
The service can be started automatically at boot if you want, and a 1x1 widget is provided as well to explicitly request new notifications should you want to. 1x1, 2x1 and 4x1 widgets are also available to show counters of unread notifications. (NOTE: the widgets will NOT work if you move the app to SD). Notifications can be received in the notifications bar and as popup dialogs (by also unlocking and/or waking the screen, if necessary). Details on all the required permissions are at the end of this page.
Other features include: newsfeed, walls, pages, groups, checkin, photo/video upload and much more!
IMPORTANT: the app only gets NEW and UNREAD notifications, meaning it won't download, for example, all the notifications you already saw before launching the app or between refreshes.
Icon set realized by Elisa!
Thanks to Matthew for the Gingerbread status bar icons!
Spanish translation realized by Luis López Moreno (email@example.com; www.llmgraphics.com)
Danish translation realized by Rasmus
German translation realized by Carsten Schläger (firstname.lastname@example.org; http://carstiboy.blogsport.eu)
Dutch translation realized by Elroy Tirbeni (Specially for his love: Annelies)
Portuguese translation realized by Marcio Andrade (marciozomb13 - email@example.com)
Turkish translation realized by HuS (He falls in love with Gözde <3) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Pull to refresh implemented thanks to this library: https://github.com/johannilsson/android-pulltorefresh
This application is not affiliated with Facebook. Facebook is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc.
* android.permission.INTERNET: to get notifications from Facebook;
* android.permission.VIBRATE: for the optional vibrate functionality in notifications;
* android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: to avoid making unneeded requests if the network is unavailable;
* android.permission.DISABLE_KEYGUARD: to unlock the lockscreen, if requested for popup notifications;
* android.permission.WAKE_LOCK: to wake the screen, if requested for popup notifications;
* android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: to save pictures associated with notifications in the SD cache (the internal cache alone may be emptied arbitrarily and as such force the app to download the picture again, wasting bandwidth)
-Always-on notification to quickly share your thoughts from anywhere
-Post directly to Twitter, without the need to open your Twitter client
-Share with any app you have that can handle text
-Shorten links with bit.ly (you can even short the link without sharing it!)
-Send DM's by typing "D username" and your message (replace username with the user who will receive the DM, not need for the @, and take the quotation marks out!)
-Option to send a tweet again if it fails to send in the first time
-Option to hide the notification icon
-Runs on Twitter API 1.1
-Option to auto-start the app when the system boots
-DashClock Extension (4.2)
-Option to add location to your tweet (geolocation)
-Upload a photo directly from the application
-Expandable notification to quicly close/open the app (Android 4.1+)
You can choose to show a menu, direct dial or direct message for each contact.
You can choose from multiple themes for your contacts. You can even create your own themes or download some made by the community. Visit the web page for more info.
★You can choose the contacts manually or from your call log.
To show the sidebar, enable it and then swipe your finger from the bottom-right corner of your phone into the screen.
If the main app shows when triggering the sidebar, please press the Update button.
★If the sidebar trigger icon disappears when the phone has low memory, please go to the system Settings-> Accessibility and enable Contacts Notification. This will avoid this problem.
★This app is completely free, but you will find the option to donate in the app itself, if you wish so. Thank you!
★★★★★To get more information, please go to http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2149528 ★★★★★
!!! If you don't see the facebook widget in your widget drawer, please make sure you did not install it to SD card. Do not hesitate to reboot your device !!! Thank you ! For any issue you can email us at email@example.com
- Find and follow all your notifications, messages and requests on your facebook widget.
- Stay up-to-date with your news feeds and your friends' updates.
- Interact with your choice of posts: like, comment and share on Facebook and other social networks.
- Publish articles, photos, videos and other links at your convenience.
- Set your preferences: font size, refresh mode (manual or automatic)
For even more personalised features, you can download Likeview Plus straight from the Play Store. Downloading this advanced app and making a donation also supports our Likeview team.
** likeview, widget, facebook, widgets package, widgets pack, scrollable, scrolling, launcher, people widget, contacts widget, messaging widget, sms widget, facebook widget, expandable notification, honeycomb, ics, ice cream sandwitch, jellybean, jb, tablet **
Social Gallery (Facebook Ed) will help you to browse through your facebook account albums and also your friends albums, at the same time you can enjoy by saving any picture you like to your phone gallery, to your Dropbox or Google Drive account, or you can share it with friends.
- Link in to your Facebook account.
- Link in to your Dropbox account.
- Link in to your Google account.
- browse through your albums and your friends albums.
- different albums gallery view: Grid view, Panorama view, or Monkey scroll view.
- Save pictures to your device gallery, your Dropbox/Google Drive account, or share them with your friends
- Select the picture's resolution that you like to have.
- Select the default setting that you want from the App settings options.
* this application is totally for FREE, and NO Ads.
* the application is in Beta version, and your reviews and comments are WELCOME!
More from developer
Flip through channels with ease, and control playback! Just like the DIRECTV remote!
Simply connect to WiFi, enter the IP address of the receiver, and you are ready to go.
Requires DIRECTV PLUS HD DVR (models HR20, HR21, HR22, HR23, HR24 and H21, H23, H24) connected to a WiFi network.
--FOR ADVANCED USERS ONLY--
If you would like to use over 3G or 4G, you must forward port 8080 to your DIRECTV receiver, and manually add your public IP address as a receiver. For now, only one receiver can be accessed via this method.
I am not affiliated with DIRECTV in any way. This app may stop working at any time at DIRECTV's discretion.
This easy to use app allows you to browse and search through artists, albums, and playlists; as well as control iTunes playback and volume, just as if you were at your PC or Mac!
The beautiful, clean interface of iTunes Remote allows you to easily advance songs and control playback. You can also put this app in your notification bar to control iTunes from anywhere!
• Control iTunes from anywhere in your home
• Adjust iTunes volume!
• Pause playback on calls!
• View album artwork
• Search your entire iTunes library
• Use gestures to advance songs
• Advance songs from notification bar
• Rate songs and view ratings from within app
• AirPlay speakers support!
Works with iTunes v10+
iTunes, AirPlay and Apple TV are trademarks of Apple Inc. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Using a tablet or phone without a texting plan? This app will allow you to text through your Google number on that device!
Send free text messages via Google Voice and use your carrier’s SMS capabilities in the modified stock messaging app.
Why this app?
• Integrates all of your SMS and MMS messages into one app
• Sends Google Voice messages over Mobile Data/WiFi
• Quick Reply notifications
• Simple / minimal setup required
• Uses the stock messaging database for easy backup
The same Messaging app you are used to has been rebuilt to include Google Voice support with the help of the Google Voice app. You can send and receive Google Voice texts as well as carrier messages all in the same app!
The Google Voice app still needs to be installed on your device.
If you are getting double notifications, first try to go into Android's settings, tap Apps, and find Google Voice. Right below the "Force Stop" button should be a checkbox to "Show notifications". Uncheck that. If there is no checkbox, try going into the settings of the Google Voice app and disable text notifications from there.
This app grabs the incoming notifications. If you are still receiving texts from a random number, then your messages are still going through your carrier.
You can enable/disable Google Voice support in the settings of the app.
Make sure to email me with any bugs you encounter after you check the help at the website!
SMS, GV, Google Voice, Integration, Messaging, Extension, App, SMS Notifications, Stock SMS