The IBAQUS from Iscar contains 5 useful applications for metal cutting operations and a link to Iscar's “Tech Talk” podcasts.
1. The ‘Iscar Tool Advisor’ recommends the best Iscar cutting tools and pertaining cutting data to do a defined job.
2. The ‘Electronic Catalog’ presents all of Iscar’s tools with advanced search fields.
3. The ‘Insert Converter’ displays Iscar's current alternatives to grades and geometries available in the market.
4. The ‘Product ID’ provides the basic descriptive and technical data for a specific insert by entering product ID or scanning the item pack’s QR code or 2/5 Code.
5. The ‘Machining Calculator’ offers a wide range of calculation options such as power consumption, metal removal rate and cutting time that are commonly used by metal cutting engineers, experts or CNC programmers.