This application was designed to be as light on the system as possible to achieve the desired results. For instance, the scheduler is setup so that when you create scheduled events, the app sets an alarm within Android and then goes dormant until Android notifies the app that the schedule has been met. The way the application was designed there is no polling or constant running activities which may impact your battery. Everything is “set and forget” until the Android operating system notifies the app that it needs to respond to a condition.
WIFI Change (connected to SSID / Disconnected)
A specific time and day
Battery state changes (LOW/OK)
Between time/day range
Display state changes (display on/off)
Dock state changes (docked desk, car or undocked)
Headset state changes (headset plugged or unplugged)
Power state changes (plugged USB and/or plugged AC)
When the device reboots
Change notification or ringtone
Change ringer, notification, music and alarm volume settings independently.
Launch web page
Start listening to a playlist
Play a sound
Change screen off timeout
Toggle airplane mode
Toggle auto rotate
Toggle mobile data
Toggle account sync
Widget support is now available which allows you to execute an event on touch. Try it out by adding a widget for your event to the home screen. You can now enable/disable an event by long pressing the event. This is useful should you need to disable an event from automatically executing. A disabled event can still be executed via the widget so if you create a widget and do not want the widget to follow the normal automatic execute conditions, simply create the event and disable it. Your widget will still execute the event on touching.
ADDED - Toggle event notifications on/off
FIXED - "toggle tether" showing "toggle GPS" on title
FIXED - "screen off timeout" showing "bluetooth" on title
ADDED - Added "Never" option for screen off timeout
ADDED - condition Bluetooth connected/disconnected
ADDED - result enable/disable tether *** root required ***
FIXED - Feeback needs to be scrollable due to small resolution screens
HACK - HTC-M8 reporting invalid BatteryManager.EXTRA_PLUGGED of 8
ADDED - WIFI connected to ANY SSID
ADDED - 24hr format when choosing times
FIXED - "Unable to start activity" error. EventManager fromPreferences returning null.
FIXED - "WakeLock under-locked" in EventReceiver
FIXED - "NullPointerException" bug in WiFiStateChange condition
UPDATED - Feedback report (commons-net-3.3)
UPDATED - Better information when submitting logs
Added new text-to-speech result
Added execute via event long press
Added result launch web page
Fixed Bug in "Between day/time does" day matching
Fixed Bug in "at a specific time" not executing due to seconds/milliseconds different
Fixed missing serialVersionUID in TimeSpecific
Changed "Between day/time does" will not execute. Use "at a specific time".
Create a task once and it will execute automatically. Configure time and days of week when you want it to repeat. Morning, daytime, night, weekdays, weekends, you name it! Save battery by switching off unused functions when you don't need them.
Here's an example:
- Switch ringer off at night and switch it back on in the morning.
- Wake up to your favorite music by launching your internet radio app.
- Make your screen brighter during day time and keep it darker in the evening to save battery.
- Switch WiFi on when you get home and switch it off when you're off to work.
- Automatically turn off mobile data when you go to bed to save battery and turn it back on when you wake up
Phone Schedule runs in background, so once you setup your tasks, you won't need to reschedule them manually, everything is done automatically.
*** Mobile Data ***
Mobile data is available on all supported Android versions. I have tested it on stock OS. However it may not work on some phone models, it depends on the device maker.
I'm very sorry if this function doesn't work on your device, very often manufacturers block this and there's nothing i can do about it :(
*** Airplane mode ***
Starting with version 4.2(Jelly Bean) Android no longer allows third-party apps to switch airplane mode due to privacy concerns. If you have a rooted device you may be able to work around this with the help of a third-party app. Go to Settings -> My device is rooted, and then create a new "Airplane mode(root)" action.
List of supported actions:
- Silent/Vibration/Normal mode
- WiFi on/off
- Bluetooth on/off
- Airplane mode on/off
- Ringer/media/alarm volumes
- Switch ringtones/notification tones
- Launch an app
- Mobile data on/off
- Auto-sync on/off
The list of actions is continuously growing, stay tuned for updates!
- Translations: English(default), German, French, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, Bulgarian and Turkish. Contact me if you would like to translate Phone Schedule into your native language.
* Access network state, Change network state - To enable/disable mobile data
* Full internet access - for crash reports, this greatly helps to debug the app and prevent crashes
* Change your audio settings - to set silent/vibration/normal modes and change volumes
* Automatically start an boot - to start working on your tasks automatically on boot after you reboot your phone
* create Bluetooth connections, Bluetooth administration, change WiFi state - to switch WiFi and Bluetooth On and Off(No data transmission!)
* Modify global system settings - To enable/disable Airplane mode
* Prevent phone from sleeping - to execute your tasks when your phone is sleeping
* Toggle Sync on and off - to switch auto-sync
* Read external storage(Test access to protected storage)/Write to external storage - to save schedule to a file and import it
* Control Vibration - required on some devices to show action notifications(notifications are optional)