Sky Objects turns your Android-powered device into a window on the night sky.
The Plus adds the new ability to track any near earth objects with a NORAD Id in real time. Follow satellites, the international space station, and more!
Sat Locks My take up to 1-2 minutes over cell networks!
You can get predictions for Iridium Flares for the next 7 days. Think shooting star like flares.
Based on code Open sourced and donated by Google.
Tracking data is courtesy of www.n2yo.com
Anyone interested in helping? Fell free to email.
The Moon Info (the menu item) shows the date of phases of The Moon and the action of gravity on the human body. The strong gravity can cause problems to someone when he is sensitive to it.
You need Internet connection, only if You want to get help from the Wikipedia.
Install software and scroll the map as You needed.
To change of map use a MENU North Sky, South Sky.
The sensor control will also enable you to identify a star in just a few seconds, just by pointing the phone at the sky!
This award-winning astronomy application is finally available on Android featuring:
* a catalog of over 600,000 stars displayed as a real time zoomable sky map
* a catalog of many nebulae and galaxies, with pictures for some of them
* asterisms and illustrations of the constellations for several sky cultures
* artificial satellites, including the International Space Station
* realistic Milky Way
* realistic landscape and atmosphere with sunrise, sunset and light pollution simulation
* accurate simulation of stars extinction, and atmosphere refraction
* 3D rendering of the major solar system planets and their satellites
* night mode (red)
* GPS positioning, accelerometers control of the direction of view in the sky
Stellarium mobile Sky Map is created by two of the original developers of Stellarium, the Desktop version of this famous astronomy and planetarium stars chart app.
In this catalogue of 112 deep sky objects over 35 can be seen with out the use of a telescope or binoculars!
Just scroll to an object of your choosing and tap "Locate".
The location data will be sent to your Google Sky Map application which will show you the location of that object in the sky!
For beginners to professionals, this app makes finding all the brightest galaxies, nebulae and star clusters as easy as one tap of a button!
Listed with each object is its brightness in magnitude and what the minimum optical gear is necessary to view it.
All you need is a dark, clear sky and a passion for Astronomy! :D
Optional: To view the wikipedia page for each object an active internet connection is required.
To use the "Locate" feature Google Sky Map (free) is required.
keywords: space, andromeda, messier catalogue, ngc, carl sagan, neil degrasse tyson, nebula, nebulae, orion, catalog, telescope, binoculars, deep sky, hubble
It's the mobile planetarium in your pocket, designed for astronomy fans to explore the universe. Just hold up and point your device at the sky and StarTracker will tell you exactly what stars, constellations and deep sky objects you are looking at in realtime. Full utilization of the build-in gyroscope, digital compass and accelerometer drive the best user experience.
What our users said:
-- "Best star gazing app I've ever used. Very well put together and great visuals!!! From end to end this app is a must-have for anyone interested in astronomy!!"
-- "This app is a marvel of technology, art, and science. Super smooth operation, great graphics and a great merging of the devices capabilities. Having grown up using star charts and compasses, this app feels like science fiction come to life. Great job!"
-- "Looking at the sky was never this incredible!"
-- "If you download only one app, make sure it's this one!! This is one of the best apps I've ever seen, period! Its quality is unmatched among star gazing apps!"
★ All data is offline!
★ Fit all screen size from 3.5 inch to 12 inch for any resolution!
★ Sun, Moon, Planets in Solar System, 88 Constellations and 8000+ stars visible to the naked eyes.
★ 12 Zodiac Constellations Art & 6 famous deep sky objects with magnificent graphics.
★ Location auto set by GPS, or set manually.
★ Auto hide all menus and enter AR track mode when lift up the device and point to sky.
★ Smooth motion flow and quick response which is realized by cutting edge signal processing technique.
★ Superb high quality graphic display by enabling the retina display of the device and the full screen anti-aliasing technology employment.
★ Full 88 Constellations & 100+ deep sky objects with magnificent graphics.
★ Search and guide you to stars, constellations, planets and deep sky objects.
★ 3D compass in AR mode, indicate position of objects your searched.
★ Time Machine menu and location menu to let you explore more on time and location dimension.
★ Night mode switch, protecting eye when doing star gazing outdoor.
★ Top Left: Location Menu, choose location from a world map.
★ Bottom Left: AR Compass indicator in AR track mode, pan the screen to enter un-track mode and click track button to back.
• When under un-track mode, just lift up the screen and point it to the sky to enter AR track mode.
are visible using a small amateur telescope.
Maps of all the constellations visible in the northern hemisphere with the location of all the Messier objects marked.
Links from the maps to the information pages and to neighboring maps. Apologies to those of you down under. Hope to get there eventually.
The calculations are of a high enough accuracy for almost all amateur astronomy applications.
Due to the fact that astronomy is often best when far from civilization where mobile signal may not always be reliable. Therefore, this app is (almost) completely self-contained and does not require any internet connection for most of the information available. The only exceptions to this are the SOHO solar images and NGC/IC, Messier, Caldwell and Binary star images and weather forecast which are loaded dynamically, as well as the refreshing of satellite, comet and near-earth asteroid data.
Night mode turns the display red for night observations without having to ruin your night vision.
The Sky Map makes use of the direction sensors of the device to show the sky above (or below you). Most of the features can be toggled in the settings. The Sky Map also allows you to turn on the device's camera to see the view behind the device with the sky map superimposed over it.
The direction sensors of the device may need to be calibrated if the map appears to be pointing in the wrong direction. To calibrate the device's sensors wave the device in a figure-8 pattern. If the direction is still off, then the direction calibration can be adjusted manually by changing the setting in the Settings screen.
The observation log, allows you to save observations in the applications, as well as manage a list of astronomical equipment and observing locations. This equipment is also available for use in the Telescope Calculator.
Most of the data screens have an option to share the data via email, or other similar apps able to accept HTML content.
The Astronomical Time is also available as a Home screen widget. To use the widget, the app needs to be installed onto the internal storage instead of the SD card, otherwise it will not be available.
The Russian translation of the application is courtesy of Lirvux.
Some permissions are required for correct functioning of the app:
Location - used to determine user location throughout the app
Camera/Microphone - used to allow camera background in skymap. The microphone is never used but this permission is bundled with camera.
Photos/Media/Files - used to allow proper functioning of the full screen images and caching of images
Network access - used to do online searches, and downloading comet, asteroid and satellite data, object images and geocoding.
The app is jam-packed with features:
- Observe the sky with the skymap, planisphere, aurora forecast, polar finder, weather forecast, daylight map, SOHO images, Jupiter and Saturn's moons, Moon and Sun calendars and what's up.
- Detailed object information on the planets, constellations, comets, exoplanets, meteor showers, near-earth asteroids, satellites, as well as the full NGCIC, Caldwell, Messier, 6th catalog of Visual Binary Stars by the USNO and General Catalog of Variable Stars catalogs, as well as a SIMBAD search.
- Calculate angular separation, atmospheric refraction, magnitude, coordinate conversions, visual limiting magnitude, precession, redshift, and telescope airy disc, f-ratio and magnification
- Astronomical references, glossary, HR diagram and stellar classification.
- Astrophotography tools for exposure time, CCD resolution, Untracked exposure time and optimal f-ratio.
- Emphemerides for eclipses, equinoxes, conjunctions and oppositions, the sun, moon and planets
- Observation log
- Astronomical time
This App has been downloaded over 2 Million times and is a great success worldwide!
Watching all the animals go to sleep is a lovely way to set the mood for bedtime. The interactive bedtime "Nighty Night" is brought to you from Oscar-Nominee Heidi Wittlinger (2002, best animated short) who put a lot of passion and effort in constructing little sets made of paper and combining them with 2D illustration and animation.
Languages: English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Russian and Portuguese.
FEEDBACK FROM APP USERS: "This book finally proves to me that a kids book can be as great electronically as they are on paper. The artwork is stunning, the narration is pitch perfect well suited to its theme. (...) Buy this book, it´s truly art"
PRESS: "4 stars out of 4 "There's bags of innovation happening right now around Apps for children, especially those that blend storytelling, animation and interactivity. Nighty Night! is one of the latest and greatest examples." // THE GUARDIAN UK
"Overall this is my new top recommendation for bedtime books with interactivity." // Digital Storytime / 5 stars out of 5
"Nighty Night is a truly gorgeous ebook to add to your literary stash - and lull the kids into the Land of Nod." // Kids Book Review
"What I liked: Everything. Nighty Night is simple, subtle, and clever. It is an App that very young children will enjoy and demand to use again and again." // PadGadget / 5 stars out of 5
"Nighty Night! is a must-have bedtime companion for your digital wunderkids!" // The ikids blog
Any questions or comments?
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
More great Apps for kids: http://www.foxandsheep.com
Like our Apps on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/foxandsheep
- Over 14,000 images (and growing everyday)
- Latest news and features stories
- Latest on demand NASA videos from around the agency
- Current NASA mission Information
- Live streaming of NASA TV
- Live streaming video from the High Definition Earth Viewing (HDEV) experiment on the ISS
- Launch information & countdown clocks
- Current visible passes for the International Space Station (ISS) and notifications
- Current visible passes for other missions (Fermi, Hinode, Hubble...)
- ISS and Earth orbiting satellite trackers
- NASA Twitter Feeds from around the agency
- Facebook® Connect and integrated Twitter™ client for easy sharing
- Schedule for NASA TV and NASA-Related Programming on Other TV Channels
- Map, information and links to all of the NASA visitor centers
- Featured content and program sections
- Earth as Art image collection and interactive map
- Third Rock Radio (alternative rock radio station)
- Favorites & image bookmarks
- 5 star rating system for images and videos with top rated list
The use of Sky Atlas is believed to be simple, intuitive and largely self-explanatory, yet requiring basic knowledge of astronomy and familiarity with your Android phone.
Opens a list of object categories. Tap on a category to view available objects. Upon selection of an object, its data is shown in a message box, from which to return to selection of another object or choose to center an object on the star chart. Categories which contain a large number of objects are assigned a sub-menu (tap on screen's menu button) which allow to narrow down by various criteria dependent on the nature of the category.
* Named Stars
* Nearby Stars
* Binary Stars
* Variable Stars
* All Messier objects with images
* Bright deepsky objects with images
* All Caldwell objects with images
* Solar System Planets
* Dwarf Planets & Asteroids
* Meteor Showers
* Hubble Objects
* Kepler Field Overlay
* Celestial Poles
This list of items is not directly related to the star chart, but to astronomical time-keeping, information and visualizations.
* Rise, set, twilight times
* Day & Night Visualization
* Rectangular view of the sun's vicinity
* Earth Globe in 3D
* Moon Atlas in 3D
* Moon Calendar
* MSL Curiosity Station
* 3D planetary phase views
* Planetary Moons
* Pleiades Close-up
* Solar Eclipses
* Greek Alphabet
* Historical Timeline
* Zodiacal Signs
* Martian Moons
* Plutonian Moons
This section is for astronomical computing, such as current positions of the Galilean moons, orbit simulation, calculation of optical equipment performance and more.
* Galilean Moons
* Orbit Simulator
* Distances among Stars
* Speed of Light Simulation
* Telescope Calculator
* Binocular Calculator
* CCD Imaging Calculator
* Optical Formulae
* JD-Date/Date-JD Converter
* Stars down to magnitude 6.4
* Constellation lines
* Constellation boundaries
* All Messier objects
* Bright NGC/IC objects
* All Caldwell objects
* Sun, moon and planets overlay
* Equatorial Grid
* Equator line
* Ecliptic line
* Associated object labels
* Color display
* Monochrome, negative display
* Nightview (red display)
Sky Atlas is designed only for Android phones operating in portrait mode. If you own a tablet please search for "Sky Atlas Tablet".
Galaxy Precident SCH-M828C and similarly small phones not supported.
You can now have a virtual planetarium in your pocket! Look through the eyes of your Android device to see a virtual window into the whole visible universe.
All you have to do is point your Android deviceº at the sky and Star Chart will tell you exactly what you are looking at.
Using state of the art GPS technology, an accurate 3D universe, and all of the latest high tech functionality, Star Chart calculates – in real time - the current location of every star and planet visible from Earth and shows you precisely where they are; even in broad daylight!
Want to know what that bright star is called? Point your device at it – you might just find out it’s a planet!
Want to know what the night sky looks like to people on the other side of the earth? Well just point your device down!
Want to know where your star sign is in the sky? Star Chart will tell you all this and more.
Star Chart's features include:
- Just point and view. No need to scroll around the screen to find out what you are looking at*.
- Alternatively, look around the sky using finger gestures – perfect for armchair astronomers!
- Voice Control: Explore the solar system with commands like: "Fly me to the Moon" / "Go to Saturn" / "Tour Mars" / "Look at Andromeda" / "Where is the Cigar Galaxy?"[English only]
- Supports dynamic device orientation viewing. Allows you to view the night sky whilst holding your Android device at any angle.
- Accurately depicts all the visible stars of the northern and southern hemispheres - a total of over 120,000 stars!
- Fly to and explore all the planets of the solar system, their moons and the sun all rendered in beautiful 3D with state of the art visual effects.
- Displays all 88 constellations, with constellation imagery based on the beautiful artwork by 17th century astronomer Johannes Hevelius.
- Includes entire Messier catalogue of exotic deep sky objects.
- Using the powerful Time Shift feature allows you to shift up to 10,000 years forward or backward in time.
- Tap on anything in the sky and get the facts on what you are looking at, including distance and brightness.
- Very powerful zoom function, lets you view the sky in extra detail, using intuitive finger gestures.
- Fully configurable. Star Chart displays only the sky objects that you are interested in.
- Allows you to view the sky underneath the horizon. So now you can see where the sun is, even at night!
- Manually set your location to find out what the sky looks like from anywhere in the world.
- Full search feature
So point your Android device at the sky and see what's out there!
Star Chart is published by Escape Velocity Ltd and developed by Escapist Games Ltd. We update Star Chart regularly, so please send us your feedback and feature requests to email@example.com.
And thanks for all your feedback so far!
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/starchart
Follow Star Chart on Twitter: StarChartApp
º Augmented Reality (AR) mode only available if your device supports it, as this feature requires a built-in compass. Manual scrolling is supported on all other devices.
* Star Chart does not require internet access for normal usage. Internet access is only required initially to verify the license and subsequently when accessing the support page and external links.
One of Yahoo! News' Best Stargazing Apps.
"Beautifully presented and strangely compelling." - Greg, "...looks amazing, and provides excellent information" - Ravi, "Awesome live wallpaper!" - Troy, "Very cool app with good graphics and intuitive UI." - Seth
"This app ... will show you a moon calendar and what the moon phase was or will be for any date between 1900 & 2100. It also shows you tons of other location-based moon data and has some very pretty animations to get the info across. Recommend!" Appolicious - Best Moon Phase Android Apps
Astronomers - "Great App for all Astronomers and star gazers." - JB
Stargazers - "Know the best time to see the stars." - sylvan
Moon watchers - "... great for either moon watching or stargazing." - cameron
Outdoor enthusiasts - "A must have for the outdoorsman" - Andy
Photographers - "Absolutely great for … planning night photo excursions." - Ron
Geeks - "If you’re an astronerd this is the app for you!” - Nakeisha
▶ For any date/location, instantly shows phase, crescent angle, rise/set times, and nearest syzygies
▶ Change phase by touchscreen, trackball, or direct date entry
▶ 2 finger drag rotates the moon: see the far side!
▶ Calendar shows month's phases at a glance
▶ Data pane gives additional details: azimuth, altitude, distance, apogee, perigee, zenith, and more
▶ Choice of imagery: High definition or Maximum realism
▶ Share moon image/data via email, Facebook, Google+, Twitter, ...
▶ Fully tablet-optimized
▶ Notifications for major phases
▶ Live wallpaper
▶ Multiple sizes of widget, most with optional moon info text
▶ Dynamic shadows of surface features (craters, mountains, etc. - Android 2.2+ only)
▶ Supports installation to SD card. HOWEVER: doing so will disable the widgets and live wallpaper! This is a "feature" of Android, and isn't something I can fix. See http://bit.ly/icwTHi.
This guide will take you by the hand and guide you on your memorable journey through the universe around us.
From our small world we have gazed upon the cosmic ocean for thousands of years. Ancient astronomers observed points of light that appeared to move among the stars.
They called these objects planets, meaning wanderers, and named them after Roman deities - Jupiter, king of the gods; Mars, the god of war; Mercury, messenger of the gods; Venus, the god of love and beauty, and Saturn, father of Jupiter and god of agriculture.
The stargazers also observed comets with sparkling tails, and meteors or shooting stars apparently falling from the sky.
Since the invention of the telescope, three more planets have been discovered in our solar system. The science of astronomy is ever expanding.
This guide begins with a basic understanding of light and color. In the first three chapters you will learn the important role these forces play in astronomy and an understanding of the universe. Exciting experiments will help you in your learning.
Next we will examine the instruments used in astronomy and you will learn how to build a simple spectroscope from low cost materials.
Then it's on to our sun, moon and planets, where you will learn there distance from us and amazing facts about each of these bodies, and then beyond to study the meteoroids, asteroids and comets and ending up at the stars and constellations with star maps for observing the night sky.
This is the complete manual for beginning this exciting new hobby.
*** On Sale Now! (Normal Price $15.99) ***
Get it now before promotion ends!
• Interactive features are right-sized for tiny fingers.
Mickey is having a Halloween party, and everyone is invited! But when Minnie, Donald, Daisy and Goofy get to Mickey’s house, they are spooked by strange noises and a creepy ghost! Read along as your favorite Disney friends get to the bottom of this haunted house mystery. Remember to stay on the lookout for ghostly surprises around every turn in this spooktacular adventure!
• Interactive jigsaw puzzles come to life on your mobile device!
• Choose your own reading mode: Read to Me, Use My Recording, or Auto Turn the page.
• Handy visual index allows children to jump to their favorite puzzle or page.
• Engaging Disney storytelling.
• Beautiful illustrations and animation.
• Delightful character voices, music and sound.
• Two language options: English and Japanese!
If you are experiencing any technical issues, please don't hesitate to contact customer care at 877-662-3769 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before you download this experience, please consider that this app contains advertising for The Walt Disney Family of Companies.
***An AppsZoom Best Android App 2014***
• Simple: Point your device at the sky to identify galaxies, stars, constellations, planets, and satellites (including the ISS and Hubble) passing overhead at your location.
• Night Mode: Preserve your night vision with red or green night mode filters.
• Augmented Reality (AR): Use your camera to spot objects in the sky, day or night.
• Sky Paths: Follow the sky track for any object to see it’s exact location in the sky on any date and time.
• Comprehensive: Includes thousands of stars, planets, and satellites with thousands of interesting facts.
• Time Travel: Jump to the future or the past and see the sky on different dates and times.
• Social: Capture and share beautiful images with friends and family on social networks.
• Mobile: WiFi is NOT required (does not require a data signal or GPS to function). Take it camping, boating, or even flying!
What a fun way to teach yourself, your children, your students, or your friends about our wonderful universe!
The Night Sky Lite is a magical new app that enables you to identify the stars, planets, galaxies, and constellations you can see above. Just stand anywhere and hold your Android Phone or Tablet up to the sky and The Night Sky Lite will display the names of the stars, planets and other objects you are able to see, just like magic!
Even if your view is obscured by clouds or daylight, The Night Sky Lite app will know which stars, planets, galaxies, and constellations are hiding from your view! You have to use this app to realize just how amazing it is!
The Night Sky Lite does this by using your location data provided by the GPS and compass built in to your device. It then cross references your location data with its inbuilt map of the sky and overlays the stars, planets, galaxies, and constellations names on your screen. It really is magical and will amaze you, and anyone you show it to!
So next time you're gazing up in to The Night Sky and wonder the name of a star, planet, galaxy, or constellation, just get out your Android Phone or Tablet and let The Night Sky Lite app amaze your gaze!
The Night Sky is a #1 selling app because it really is simply magical!