WHAT IS IT?
iCarpool is a flexible carpooling app that helps you find, connect and carpool with co-workers and neighbors going your way. Commuters who drive to work offer rides during their commute. Riders who are going the same way carpool with the driver for a single trip. Whether you ride or drive, iCarpool can help you save time and money. Zip around in that carpool lane as you make new friends. Of course, by carpooling you'll be helping the environment as well.
HOW IT WORKS?
When You Ride:
1. Provide your morning and evening commute trip information.
2. You'll be notified of matching carpools.
3. Review carpool matches and book your ride.
4. Arrive at the pickup location to carpool.
5. Enjoy the ride! Rate your driver at the end of the ride.
When You Drive:
1. For morning commute, open your trip to riders the night before. For evening commute, open your trip to riders in the afternoon.
2. Review booked rides and start your trip.
3. Pick up and drop-off riders on your way. There is no extra driving.
4. Rate riders and get paid. At the end of your trip, the app will add appropriate credits to your account.
- Zero commitments: Bike one day, bus one day and carpool one day? That's totally cool! There's no requirement to use it every day or every way.
- Flexible: For each carpool trip, you decide the time you want to leave and whether you want to ride or drive.
- Social: Turn your boring solo commute into a fun experience meeting and chatting with new people.
- Super convenient: No need to share phone numbers - connect with your carpoolers using in-app messaging.
- Verified drivers: We verify credentials of all our drivers.
- On your way: There’s no extra driving – all pickups and drop-offs are on your way.
- No IOUs: iCarpool uses a share-the-expense carpool model. Riders "chip in" to share the cost of the trip. Drivers recover partial costs of driving. The app takes care of the cost sharing. Discuss fun topics instead of money calculations.
DRIVE TO WORK?
Turn your empty seats into cash. Save thousands simply by offering rides during your commute. There's no extra driving or waiting - you simply pick up and drop-off riders on your way. Zip in the HOV lane and get paid for each ride you give. Make new friends. And by carpooling, you can feel proud to be helping out local issues of traffic congestion and air quality. Like you, our drivers are commuters who work at employers in the neighborhood. If you drive to work, consider becoming a driver - http://www.icarpool.com/drive.html.
After downloading the app and signing up, simply open the app, enter your trip and look for matches. Remember we're a new service available in the Greater Seattle area at this time. If you don't find a ride - don't worry. We will let you know when there are new drivers in your area who can give you rides.
We're committed to making carpooling fun and flexible so that every time you go - you'll want to go it together with iCarpool. Go ahead, hop on! Download the app today!
Currently available in the Greater Seattle area.