There are no books or folders to carry. Instead, you have an app, which you can download on iPhone, Android or iPad, and start thinking about your career journey, WHENEVER and WHEREVER you want. You don’t have to wait for a careers appointment, adviser talk or careers presentation! You can start thinking and planning in your own time!
There are a number of benefits to iChoose2 and some are highlighted below:
- It’s mobile! Download is easy and you can take it everywhere where and anywhere!
- Understand yourself better
- Understanding Unique Selling Point? (USP), especially in a competitive market
- Get a better understanding of your key strengths and weaknesses, as well as opportunities
- Prioritise task, think ahead, plan and move forward!
- Set an action plan which works for YOU.
- User answers are kept local and can be stored, saved and accesses 24 hours a day 365 days a year, so long as the mobile is operational.
It’s a fast paced, competitive and very connected global world. There are thousands of graduates coming out of universities each year. Our mission is to get you to start thinking about career choices and understand your Unique Selling Point (USP), which makes you different from other students and graduates.
Our team of coaches and career experts have been privileged enough to work with HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of students from the BEST universities in the country. We figured out quickly the difference between students going to any old jobs versus the students who were REALLY successful in getting the jobs they WANTED. It came down to a few SIMPLE, but POWERFUL steps. We’ve even tested these steps and with the elite professionals in the world and it works every time!
Who is the app intended for?
The app is primarily aimed at:
- Undergraduate Students
- MBA Students
Other beneficiaries include:
- Job seekers
- Career changers
Details about the app
6 main pages and an additional top tips which helps you avoid making common mistakes. Each page on the app has been designed to help you create your own career footprint and map out an action plan.
- SWOT page (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats) helps you to understand what you are good at and what you could benefit on working on.
- Think Ahead and Task List - Allows you to think through next steps through VISIONING. Task lists and Target lists allows you to figure out the HOW
- My work book - allows you to look at researching applications, CV and cover letters to match his/her skills set, experience and expectations
- Unique Selling Point (USP) - What do you bring to the table, which sets you apart from rest of the crowd? This is also great for interview practice, especially as it allows you to think through, what makes you different from other students. Each student does have something which is Unique!
Other additional information includes:
- Top tips on Networking
- Using LinkedIn - Dos and Don’ts
- Application tips