For instance, you could be helping your kids with their homework while the dinner was cooking. Or you could enjoy your coffee and read the newspaper and not have to worry about your egg getting over boiled. Or you could play that game of rummy or watch that engrossing TV serial and not forget to turn the chicken in the oven.
You can run several timers at once. For example, you could set the chicken in the oven and start your meditation and time them both.
You can create an unlimited number of timers.
Very simple and intuitive interface.
Egg timer? Reminder alarm? Alarm for a healthy sleep after dinner? Cooking Timer?
Originally, "Multi Timer" was planned as simple kitchen timer (originally "KITchen TImer", thus "Kitty"), but as it grew up, it became a universal timer app.
(The reasons of the rights that "Multi Timer" needs are given at the end of this description)
Do you want to:
* be able to run multiple timers concurrently, clearly arranged?
* be able to start timers with only one touch (from the homescreen, even the dock for immediate access)?
* manage pre-configured timers with own icons and sounds?
* have optimal use of different layouts of Smartphone and Tablet?
* have an app that is without advertisement even in the free version?
* see the remaining time of the next timer in the notification tray?
* have timer actions being read out aloud?
* ... and other nice-to-haves
My main point was: simple and fast handling, and ease of use.
- "Multi Timer" has three groups: a quick start group in the main activity, where you can put the most-used timers to start them by tapping them once. A group of running (or paused) timers, and a group of expired timers.
- you can link timers onto your homescreen to enable single-tap starting (and stopping) of a timer.
- sounds and icons are managed using repositories, so that they can be easily assigned to timers.
- timers can be grouped visually by color and icon, and sorted by name, duration or usage frequency.
- nearly every activity has a small help popup, describing the purpose and options of the current activity.
- time can have a pre-warning alarm, that can be used either as pre-warning (not to start a new task before the timer ends) or as implicit double-duration-timer (for example soft and hard-boiled eggs).
- the main screen and the screen with running timers can be locked, so that you can put the smartphone in your pocket with active screen, to make looking at the remaining times easily!
Concerning the required app rights and the reasons for them: camera (to take own photos as icons), microphone (for own sounds), Touchscreen (optional brightness control), call state (mute timer when a call comes in).
Keywords: egg timer, kitchen timer, alarm